Monday, October 15, 2012
Good evening...Antenna TV is going to bring you something scary this Halloween, but will stay to its classic TV roots! Antenna TV's "Hitch-O-Ween: Alfred Hitchcock Presents Marathon" will have you on the edge of your seat as the Tribune Broadcasting multicast broadcast network presents a devilishly delightful 27-hour Halloween marathon on Wednesday, October 31, 2012. Beginning at 5am ET on Halloween, Antenna TV - which airs on 69 affiliates across the U.S. reaching 61% of TV households - will air "Hitch-O-Ween" a 54-episode/27 hour Alfred Hitchcock Presents marathon.
The familiar "plink, plink" of the theme song, accompanied by the line drawing of a man in profile immediately identifies the show as Alfred Hitchcock Presents. The famed director opens almost every episode with the words "Good evening..." After a joke -- usually about the evening's sponsor -- Hitchcock lays the groundwork for that episode's freestanding story of suspense and terror. The series regularly airs on Antenna TV Mon-Thurs nights at 12:00am & 12:30am ET and a Saturday night block from 11pm-1am ET. The series is also aired as a filler if a two-hour movie block runs long or short.
View the episode info for the Alfred Hitchcock Presents "Hitch-O-Ween" marathon! And like year's holiday season, Antenna TV will serve up marathons and stunts for the holiday season, including Election Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's! Stay with us for details on all of those as soon as get full details. Stay tuned!
As Halloween nears, NBC turns Friday, October 26 into Fright Night when it premieres the pilot of the much-anticipated Mockingbird Lane at 8pm ET -- based on executive producer Bryan Fuller's (Pushing Daisies) script and directed by executive producer Bryan Singer (X-Men film series). Mockingbird Lane is a new reimagined version of the classic 1960s sitcom The Munsters, now as a visually spectacular one-hour drama with a darker edge and tone. The cast includes Jerry O'Connell (Carpoolers, Crossing Jordan) as Herman Munster, Portia de Rossi (Arrested Development, Better Off Ted) as his wife Lily, Eddie Izzard (United States of Tara, The Riches) as Grandpa, Mason Cook (Spy Kids: All the Time in the World in 4D) as Eddie and Charity Wakefield (The Raven) as Marilyn. Of course, in the original 1964-66 series The Munsters, the odd but lovable family lived on 1313 Mockingbird Lane.
So what is this "special" about? In Mockingbird Lane, sweet little Eddie Munster (Cook) is a normal kid about to enter the horrors of puberty. Truth is, he's about to discover that for him becoming a teenager means growing hair in truly unexpected places -- as in all over his body -- every time the moon is full! Eddie's got it pretty good though. His loving, supportive, run-of-the-mill family includes his mom Lily (de Rossi), the daughter of Dracula; his dad Herman (O'Connell), who brings new meaning to "Frankenstein"; and Grandpa (Izzard), who would give Dracula a run for his money if he weren't actually Dracula! Of course then there's creepy cousin Marilyn (Wakefield), who's really the odd one because she's so completely normal. Buying a house these days is a nightmare, so Herman and Lily are shocked that no one scooped up the rambling Victorian mansion at 1313 Mockingbird Lane that was the site of a series of grisly hobo murders. Settling into their new place, they're quickly onto the mission at hand: to gently ease Eddie into the reality of his werewolf adolescence. But it's not always so easy to accept that your child is a little "different" from the rest of the kids. Meanwhile, Herman, who works as a funeral director, is suffering from a heart condition. Since he's made up mostly of spare parts, he knew his makeshift heart would eventually give out. No worries though, because Grandpa, who is pretty good at procuring body parts, is on the case. All Herman cares about is finding a new heart with the same capacity to love Lily as much as he has for so many decades.
If this special does well, perhaps NBC will order more episodes and turn this into a series like it did following the success of the Knight Rider movie back in 2008. But if it does get to go to series, let's hope it does better than that series did in the ratings (and creatively). View the promo:
New on DVD/Blu-ray (May)
05/03 - Mad About You - The Complete Series
05/03 - The Jim Gaffigan Show - Season One
05/10 - Newhart - The Complete Fifth Season
05/17 - Angie Tribeca - The Complete First Season
05/17 - The Facts of Life - The Final (Ninth) Season
05/24 - The Wonder Years - Season Five
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, May 28
Monday, May 30
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Watch Anthony on a repeat of The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Eugene Levy and Catherine O'Hara (Schitt's Creek) - Eugene and Catherine are guests on a repeat of The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Ariana Grande (Sam & Cat/Victorious) - Ariana is a musical guest on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Connie Britton (Spin City/The Fighting Fitzgeralds/Lost at Home) - Connie appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jason Sudeikis (The Last Man on Earth/The Cleveland Show) - Jason is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Riki Lindhome (Another Period/Super Fun Night) - Riki appears on a repeat of The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore at 11:30pm on Comedy Central.
- Tom Lennon (The Odd Couple/Sean Saves the World) - Tom is a guest on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Ron Funches (Undateable) - Ron appears on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Ray Romano (Everybody Loves Raymond) - Ray is a guest on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Jussie Smollett (On Our Own) - Jussie guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Zendaya (K.C. Undercover/Shake It Up) - Zendaya appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Strahan (Brothers) - Michael races against the clock in a celebrity guessing game on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.