Thursday, August 16, 2012
NickMom Launches Fall 2012 With Carol Brady Series; Scrubs Reunion On TV Land's The Exes As Zach Braff Guests
Today's fall schedule is really about a new block on Nick Jr. Nickelodeon is celebrating momkind one funny moment at a time with the launch of NickMom, the new primetime, ad-supported TV block bowing Oct. 1 and re-launching on the Web at www.NickMom.com. The TV comedy block will feature a mix of original long- and short-form programming, including talk shows, stand-up and sketch comedy, docu-series and more. Additionally, NickMom has greenlit 13 episodes of a new docu-comedy TV series, My 63 Moms, which will be added to the block's rotation in Q1 2013. The four-hour NickMom block will air nightly on the Nick Jr. channel from 10pm-12am (ET) and replay from 12-2am (ET).
The NickMom TV block will launch with four original series spanning sketch comedy, talk, docu-series and stand-up genres: Parental Discretion with Stefanie Wilder-Taylor, MFF: Mom Friends Forever, NickMom Night Out and What Was Carol Brady Thinking?, with additional programming rolling out in 2013. Of course our main focus will be What Was Carol Brady Thinking?. On that series, here's the story of a lovely lady - who somehow kept six kids, a husband, a housekeeper and a dog in perfect order with nary a complaint. What Was Carol Brady Thinking? (26 episodes) goes inside the mind of one of the most iconic moms of all-time through graphic overlays on top of the original The Brady Bunch series, allowing viewers to read Carol Brady's thoughts throughout each episode. This NickMom twist on the classic series is executive produced by Jim Burns (MTV Unplugged) of Top Dog Incorporated. A mother and hero to millions, Carol Brady has been considered the iconic 1970s housewife. The mother of three children from a first marriage, Carol became stepmom to three boys when she married Mike Brady; soon she was charged with the task of helping the group somehow form a family. Her interests include singing, forming bands with her children and solving family problems with incredible efficiency.
Other series of note to us is NickMom Night Out (26 episodes), a stand-up comedy series that takes moms out for a night at the comedy club from the comfort of their couches at home. Featured hosts include Tisha Campbell-Martin (LA edition), Judy Gold (NY edition), Caroline Rhea (Orlando, Fla., edition), and Bonnie McFarlane (Chicago edition). The series spotlights the chaos and hilarity that comes with being a parent. NickMom Night Out is executive produced by Bob Mittenthal (Double Dare).
Zach Braff (J.D. from Scrubs) will guest star in an upcoming episode of TV Land's hit sitcom, The Exes. Braff, best known for his work on the long-running comedy, Scrubs from ABC Studios, will be reunited with on-screen/off-screen best friend and former Scrubs co-star, Donald Faison (Turk on Scrubs). The two last appeared on television together in the hospital-set sitcom in 2010 during its ninth season. On his episode of The Exes, which airs Wednesday, August 29 at 10:30pm ET/PT, Braff will portray Chuck Feeney, a professional tennis player client of Phil's (Faison). Though notorious for being a ladies' man, Chuck turns out to be more of a "man's man." Braff can next be seen in the Disney feature Oz: The Great and Powerful, opening March 2013.
The Exes revolves around divorce attorney Holly (Kristen Johnston), who recently introduced her newly-single client Stuart (Basche) to his new roommates – ladies' man Phil (Faison) and homebody Haskell (Wayne Knight), who share an apartment which Holly owns. They're still attempting to adjust to one another's quirks and annoying habits, but Holly is there to help avert any disasters – or in some cases, cause them. Meanwhile, Holly's assistant, Eden (Kelly Stables), doesn't exactly let professionalism get in the way of prying into her boss's dating life – or lack thereof.
The Exes airs on TV Land on Wednesdays at 10:30pm ET/PT immediately following original episodes of The Soul Man at 10pm ET/PT.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, March 25
Henry Danger - "Gas or Fail" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Captain Man finds himself trapped underground, Henry must devise a way to sneak out of his school's standardized testing to save Ray.
Game Shakers - "Llama Llama Spit Spit" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After the Game Shakers get kicked out of Fooders to make room for a guest who has his photo on the wall, Babe becomes determined to get their own photo up using any means necessary.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "To Be Invited or Not to Be" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
The quads make a new friend, an amazing inventor, but when not all of them get invited back to hang out again, they start to wonder why.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Better Late Than Never" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
A missed call leaves Danny and his family in a bad place.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Make Up or Make Out" (OWN, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Still upset with his friends, Danny takes the advice of his family.
Sunday, March 26
- Sanaa Lathan (Family Guy/The Cleveland Show/LateLine) - Catch Sanaa on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Richard Dreyfuss (Your Family or Mine) - Richard appears on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) and Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) - Lily and Jane are guests on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. They also chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Rachel Dratch (Imaginary Mary) - Rachel is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Pete Holmes (Crashing) - Pete stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/1600 Penn/Accidentally on Purpose/Courting Alex/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ron Funches (Powerless/Undateable) - Ron is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kaitlin Olson (The Mick/It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) - Kaitlin drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi appears on a repeat of Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Mark Consuelos (Alpha House/Hope & Faith) - Mark guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Tahj Mowry, Derek Theler and Jean-Luc Bilodeau (Baby Daddy) - Tahj, Derek and Jean-Luc are guests on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Vanessa Bell Calloway (Rhythm & Blues) - Vanessa is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- June Diane Raphael (Grace and Frankie) - June talks about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben talk TV Land's Nobodies on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brookyln stops by People Now at 8:30am.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia opens up about her favorite part of being in the 50 Shades movies on People Now at 8:30am. \
- Tracee Ellis Ross (black-ish/Girlfriends) - Tracee dishes about her Golden Globe win on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.