Thursday, August 16, 2012
NickMom Launches Fall 2012 With Carol Brady Series; Scrubs Reunion On TV Land's The Exes As Zach Braff Guests
Today's fall schedule is really about a new block on Nick Jr. Nickelodeon is celebrating momkind one funny moment at a time with the launch of NickMom, the new primetime, ad-supported TV block bowing Oct. 1 and re-launching on the Web at www.NickMom.com. The TV comedy block will feature a mix of original long- and short-form programming, including talk shows, stand-up and sketch comedy, docu-series and more. Additionally, NickMom has greenlit 13 episodes of a new docu-comedy TV series, My 63 Moms, which will be added to the block's rotation in Q1 2013. The four-hour NickMom block will air nightly on the Nick Jr. channel from 10pm-12am (ET) and replay from 12-2am (ET).
The NickMom TV block will launch with four original series spanning sketch comedy, talk, docu-series and stand-up genres: Parental Discretion with Stefanie Wilder-Taylor, MFF: Mom Friends Forever, NickMom Night Out and What Was Carol Brady Thinking?, with additional programming rolling out in 2013. Of course our main focus will be What Was Carol Brady Thinking?. On that series, here's the story of a lovely lady - who somehow kept six kids, a husband, a housekeeper and a dog in perfect order with nary a complaint. What Was Carol Brady Thinking? (26 episodes) goes inside the mind of one of the most iconic moms of all-time through graphic overlays on top of the original The Brady Bunch series, allowing viewers to read Carol Brady's thoughts throughout each episode. This NickMom twist on the classic series is executive produced by Jim Burns (MTV Unplugged) of Top Dog Incorporated. A mother and hero to millions, Carol Brady has been considered the iconic 1970s housewife. The mother of three children from a first marriage, Carol became stepmom to three boys when she married Mike Brady; soon she was charged with the task of helping the group somehow form a family. Her interests include singing, forming bands with her children and solving family problems with incredible efficiency.
Other series of note to us is NickMom Night Out (26 episodes), a stand-up comedy series that takes moms out for a night at the comedy club from the comfort of their couches at home. Featured hosts include Tisha Campbell-Martin (LA edition), Judy Gold (NY edition), Caroline Rhea (Orlando, Fla., edition), and Bonnie McFarlane (Chicago edition). The series spotlights the chaos and hilarity that comes with being a parent. NickMom Night Out is executive produced by Bob Mittenthal (Double Dare).
Zach Braff (J.D. from Scrubs) will guest star in an upcoming episode of TV Land's hit sitcom, The Exes. Braff, best known for his work on the long-running comedy, Scrubs from ABC Studios, will be reunited with on-screen/off-screen best friend and former Scrubs co-star, Donald Faison (Turk on Scrubs). The two last appeared on television together in the hospital-set sitcom in 2010 during its ninth season. On his episode of The Exes, which airs Wednesday, August 29 at 10:30pm ET/PT, Braff will portray Chuck Feeney, a professional tennis player client of Phil's (Faison). Though notorious for being a ladies' man, Chuck turns out to be more of a "man's man." Braff can next be seen in the Disney feature Oz: The Great and Powerful, opening March 2013.
The Exes revolves around divorce attorney Holly (Kristen Johnston), who recently introduced her newly-single client Stuart (Basche) to his new roommates – ladies' man Phil (Faison) and homebody Haskell (Wayne Knight), who share an apartment which Holly owns. They're still attempting to adjust to one another's quirks and annoying habits, but Holly is there to help avert any disasters – or in some cases, cause them. Meanwhile, Holly's assistant, Eden (Kelly Stables), doesn't exactly let professionalism get in the way of prying into her boss's dating life – or lack thereof.
The Exes airs on TV Land on Wednesdays at 10:30pm ET/PT immediately following original episodes of The Soul Man at 10pm ET/PT.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, December 5
Kevin Can Wait - "Kevin's Bringing Supper Back" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Kevin’s resolve to spend more quality time with his family is put to the ultimate test when his buddies surprise him with concert tickets to his favorite musician, fellow Long Islander Billy Joel. Multiple Grammy Award-winning pianist, singer and songwriter Billy Joel appears as himself.
Man with a Plan - "Holey War" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When the kids won’t admit who put a hole in the wall, Adam and Andi team up to get the culprit to confess.
2 Broke Girls - "And the About FaceTime" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Randy and Max get tired of Caroline being the third wheel on their FaceTime dates, Randy sets her up with one of his co-workers. Also, Oleg is distraught when Sophie tells him to trade in his beloved car for a minivan.
The Big Bang Theory - "The Celebration Experimentation" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After more than nine years together, the gang finally celebrates Sheldon’s birthday, surprising him with a special guest. Christine Baranski, John Ross Bowie, Sara Gilbert and Wil Wheaton return, joined by special guest star Adam West.
American Dad - "Bahama Mama" (TBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Stan gets upset at the idea of becoming a grandfather after Hayley and Jeff announced they're trying to have a baby; Steve and Klaus join a drug gang.
People of Earth - "Last Day on Earth" (TBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Gerry says goodbye to StarCrossed as he readies for his own long-awaited experience; Jonathan Walsh shares game changing information with Ozzie; Don and Kelly go on a date.
Monday, December 5
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Watch Will on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jason Bateman (Arrested Development/The Hogan Family/It's Your Move) - Jason visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Gael García Bernal (Mozart in the Jungle) - Gael is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Emmanuelle Chriqui (Entourage) - Emmanuelle drops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Steve Agee (The Sarah Silverman Program) - Steve appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- The Cast of Fuller House - The cast of Fuller House are guests on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Patricia stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Miss Piggy (The Muppets) - Miss Piggy and Harry perform Deck the Halls on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Meredith Hagner (Search Party/Men at Work) - Meredith is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Lauren Graham (The Odd Couple/Conrad Bloom/Townies) - Lauren appears on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. talks about Office Christmas Party on the AOL Build Show at 3pm. He will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. He can also be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 9:50am.
- Bradley Whitford (Happyish/Trophy Wife) - Bradley is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Josh McDermitt (Retired at 35) - Josh can be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 10:45am.
- Erinn Hayes (Kevin Can Wait/Guys with Kids/Worst Week) - Erinn talks about Kevin Can Wait on the AOL Build Show at 4pm.