Thursday, August 16, 2012
NickMom Launches Fall 2012 With Carol Brady Series; Scrubs Reunion On TV Land's The Exes As Zach Braff Guests
Today's fall schedule is really about a new block on Nick Jr. Nickelodeon is celebrating momkind one funny moment at a time with the launch of NickMom, the new primetime, ad-supported TV block bowing Oct. 1 and re-launching on the Web at www.NickMom.com. The TV comedy block will feature a mix of original long- and short-form programming, including talk shows, stand-up and sketch comedy, docu-series and more. Additionally, NickMom has greenlit 13 episodes of a new docu-comedy TV series, My 63 Moms, which will be added to the block's rotation in Q1 2013. The four-hour NickMom block will air nightly on the Nick Jr. channel from 10pm-12am (ET) and replay from 12-2am (ET).
The NickMom TV block will launch with four original series spanning sketch comedy, talk, docu-series and stand-up genres: Parental Discretion with Stefanie Wilder-Taylor, MFF: Mom Friends Forever, NickMom Night Out and What Was Carol Brady Thinking?, with additional programming rolling out in 2013. Of course our main focus will be What Was Carol Brady Thinking?. On that series, here's the story of a lovely lady - who somehow kept six kids, a husband, a housekeeper and a dog in perfect order with nary a complaint. What Was Carol Brady Thinking? (26 episodes) goes inside the mind of one of the most iconic moms of all-time through graphic overlays on top of the original The Brady Bunch series, allowing viewers to read Carol Brady's thoughts throughout each episode. This NickMom twist on the classic series is executive produced by Jim Burns (MTV Unplugged) of Top Dog Incorporated. A mother and hero to millions, Carol Brady has been considered the iconic 1970s housewife. The mother of three children from a first marriage, Carol became stepmom to three boys when she married Mike Brady; soon she was charged with the task of helping the group somehow form a family. Her interests include singing, forming bands with her children and solving family problems with incredible efficiency.
Other series of note to us is NickMom Night Out (26 episodes), a stand-up comedy series that takes moms out for a night at the comedy club from the comfort of their couches at home. Featured hosts include Tisha Campbell-Martin (LA edition), Judy Gold (NY edition), Caroline Rhea (Orlando, Fla., edition), and Bonnie McFarlane (Chicago edition). The series spotlights the chaos and hilarity that comes with being a parent. NickMom Night Out is executive produced by Bob Mittenthal (Double Dare).
Zach Braff (J.D. from Scrubs) will guest star in an upcoming episode of TV Land's hit sitcom, The Exes. Braff, best known for his work on the long-running comedy, Scrubs from ABC Studios, will be reunited with on-screen/off-screen best friend and former Scrubs co-star, Donald Faison (Turk on Scrubs). The two last appeared on television together in the hospital-set sitcom in 2010 during its ninth season. On his episode of The Exes, which airs Wednesday, August 29 at 10:30pm ET/PT, Braff will portray Chuck Feeney, a professional tennis player client of Phil's (Faison). Though notorious for being a ladies' man, Chuck turns out to be more of a "man's man." Braff can next be seen in the Disney feature Oz: The Great and Powerful, opening March 2013.
The Exes revolves around divorce attorney Holly (Kristen Johnston), who recently introduced her newly-single client Stuart (Basche) to his new roommates – ladies' man Phil (Faison) and homebody Haskell (Wayne Knight), who share an apartment which Holly owns. They're still attempting to adjust to one another's quirks and annoying habits, but Holly is there to help avert any disasters – or in some cases, cause them. Meanwhile, Holly's assistant, Eden (Kelly Stables), doesn't exactly let professionalism get in the way of prying into her boss's dating life – or lack thereof.
The Exes airs on TV Land on Wednesdays at 10:30pm ET/PT immediately following original episodes of The Soul Man at 10pm ET/PT.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, February 21
The Middle - "Dental Hijinks" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
After Frankie tries to get a stubborn Mike to go see Dr. Goodwin to take care of his toothache, Mike convinces the good doctor to leave his tooth alone and tell Frankie that everything was ok. But the two find themselves fabricating a story that’s so ludicrous that they fear Frankie will figure out the truth. Meanwhile, since they are nearing the end of their senior year at college, Axl, Hutch and Kenny decide it’s time to sell the fabled Winnebago; Sue tries her best to let college golf cart driver Tyler know that she likes him; and Brick attempts to write a historic Scottish rap musical – a la “Hamilton” – focusing on the life of Sergeant Charles Stuart MacKenzie.
American Housewife - "The Man Date" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Greg is delighted to finally have made a friend in Westport, fellow history buff Stan (guest star Timothy Omundson), but Katie isn’t as happy, especially since Stan is married to her nemesis, Chloe Brown Mueller (Jessica St. Clair).
Fresh Off the Boat - "The Gloves Are Off" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Jessica accidentally befriends Marvin’s ex-wife, Sarah (Heather Locklear), and tries to help her and Honey settle their longstanding rift. Meanwhile, Louis and the boys are on a mission to determine Grandma’s true age in hopes of surprising her with a new, free motorized wheelchair.
The Real O'Neals - "The Real Confirmation" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Shannon asks VP Murray to be her godfather leading up to her confirmation, Eileen fears her own relationship with him might be moving too fast. Shannon’s big day also has a surprising effect on Kenny’s relationship when Brett says, “I love you,” sending Kenny into a tailspin. Meanwhile, the return of a hot former babysitter puts Pat and Jimmy at odds when she constantly makes passes at Pat.
New Girl - "Rumsprings" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Jess gets nervous about starting her new position as principal, Nick and Schmidt decide to take her on a relaxing day trip to Solvang, which quickly goes “sideways.” Meanwhile, with Cece’s help, Winston tries to finalize his divorce from Rhonda, but finds that he and Aly are caught in a series of never-ending pranks.
The Mick - "The Baggage" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Mickey’s unwanted suitors team up to thwart her new romance. Meanwhile, Sabrina and Alba teach Ben a lesson in responsibility.
The Detour - "The City" (TBS, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Robin isn't thrilled about Nate's new job in New York City, but the family heads out from Syracuse anyway.
Teachers - "Brokebitch Mountain" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Ms. Feldman can’t make ends meet on her salary and takes a second job. Ms. Watson notices a romantic spark between two of her second grade students. The Teachers take advantage of Principal Pearson.
Tuesday, February 21
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Catch Tom on a repeat of the 2011 Jimmy Kimmel Live: After the Oscars special at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth/The Cleveland Show) - Will visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Yvette Nicole Brown (The Odd Couple/Community) - Yvette appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Allison Williams (Girls) - Allison talks about Girls and Get Out on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and in the 10am hour. She will also be on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings. Finally, she will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 11:30am ET.
- Mae Whitman (Arrested Development) - Mae visits LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings. She also talks about Rock Dog on the AOL Build Show at 12pm.
- Zach Braff (Scrubs) - Zach guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - NeNe guest co-hosts The Real, so check your local listings.
- Jason Jones (The Detour) - Jason talks about The Detour on NBC's Today in the 9am hour and on the AOL Build Show at 3pm.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi is a guest on the AOL Build Show at 1pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 11:30am ET.
- Malin Akerman (Trophy Wife/Sin City Saints) - Malin chats on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Judd Hirsch (Superior Donuts/Dear John/Taxi) and Jermaine Fowler (Superior Donuts) - Judd and Jermaine are guests on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Kym Whitley (Young & Hungry/Animal Practice/Sparks) - Kym and Kim Gravel help a woman snoop through two bachelors' homes in order to choose which she should date on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Ashley Gerasimovich (The Detour) - Ashley is a guest on Cheddar at 12:15pm. Ashley and Liam Carroll will be on Facebook Live on the TBS Facebook account at approx. 4:00pm. Ashley, Liam, Jason Jones and Natalie Zea will be on Facebook live at approx. 8:00PM EST on the official The Detour Facebook page.