Wednesday, June 20, 2012
We haven't had much RTV news lately, but they will be adding some new programs next week (Monday, June 25). Joining the retro line-up will be The Real McCoys, The Joey Bishop Show, Hopalong Cassidy, The Colgate Comedy Hour, Tarzan and The Adventures of Jim Bowie. Of course with these additions, there will be some shows that will of course be leaving the schedule to make way for these new acquisitions. Off the line-up come next week will be The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet, The Rifleman, Daniel Boone, and Peter Gunn.
The new schedule will feature Hopalong Cassidy and The Real McCoys weeknights in the 6pm hour, replacing Daniel Boone. Tarzan will air weekdays at 11:30am and paired with Cisco Kid at 11a. The Joey Bishop Show will air on Saturdays at 5:00pm & 5:30pm, replacing The Rifleman. Other new show schedule includes Colgate Comedy Hour on Saturdays at 7pm and The Adventures of Jim Bowie on Sundays at 3pm. That's about it, you can still find series like The Bill Cosby Show, Route 66, Naked City, Movin' On, Highway to Heaven, Starsky & Hutch and Police Story on the schedule.
The Broadcast Television Journalists Association (BTJA), an offshoot of the Broadcast Film Critics Association, announced the winners of the 2nd annual Critics' Choice Television Awards. The star-studded gala awards dinner to acknowledge and honor the best in television was held at the Beverly Hilton Hotel earlier on Monday night. Homeland took home the prize for Best Drama Series while Community won in the Best Comedy Series category. Best Reality Series went to Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations, while Best Reality Show-Competition went to The Voice. Other awards: Late Night with Jimmy Fallon was honored as Best Talk Show, Archer was honored as Best Animated Series, and Sherlock was honored as Best Movie/Miniseries. NBC was the most awarded network with five wins followed by ABC and AMC, which tied with three wins each. The following is the comedy portion wins (click the link below to see more wins):
Best Comedy Series
The Big Bang Theory (CBS)
Modern Family (ABC)
New Girl (Fox)
Parks and Recreation (NBC)
WINNER: Community (NBC)
Best Actor in a Comedy Series
Don Cheadle (House of Lies, Showtime)
Louis C.K. (Louie, FX)
Larry David (Curb Your Enthusiasm, HBO)
Garret Dillahunt (Raising Hope, Fox)
Joel McHale (Community, NBC)
Jim Parsons (The Big Bang Theory, CBS)
WINNER: Louis C.K. (Louie, FX)
Best Actress in a Comedy Series
Zooey Deschanel (New Girl, Fox)
Lena Dunham (Girls, HBO)
Julia Louis-Dreyfus (Veep, HBO)
Martha Plimpton (Raising Hope, Fox)
Amy Poehler (Parks and Recreation, NBC)
Ashley Richards (Awkward, MTV)
WINNER: TIE - Zooey Deschanel (New Girl, Fox) and Amy Poehler (Parks and Recreation, NBC)
Best Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series
Ty Burrell (Modern Family, ABC)
Max Greenfield (New Girl, Fox)
Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation, NBC)
Danny Pudi (Community, NBC)
Jim Rash (Community, NBC)
Damon Wayans, Jr. (Happy Endings, ABC)
WINNER: Ty Burrell (Modern Family, ABC)
Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series
Julie Bowen (Modern Family, ABC)
Alison Brie (Community, NBC)
Cheryl Hines (Suburgatory, ABC)
Gillian Jacobs (Community, NBC)
Eden Sher (The Middle, ABC)
Casey Wilson (Happy Endings, ABC)
WINNER: Julie Bowen (Modern Family, ABC)
Best Guest Performer in a Comedy Series
Becky Ann Baker (Girls, HBO)
Bobby Cannavale (Modern Family, ABC)
Kathryn Hahn (Parks and Recreation, NBC)
Justin Long (New Girl, Fox)
Paul Rudd (Parks and Recreation, NBC)
Peter Scolari (Girls, HBO)
WINNER: Paul Rudd (Parks and Recreation, NBC)
See a full list of winners from other TV genres. And visit their official website for more details on these awards and who votes.
The Goldbergs - "Kara-Te" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Barry decides to sign up for the school’s holiday talent show but is bummed when the school doesn’t approve karate as a talent. Beverly is livid and brow beats the teacher in charge to change his mind. After the family watches Barry’s routine, everyone wonders whether he will be able to pull off the performance… or crack under pressure. Meanwhile, Erica gets coerced from Pops to also perform in the talent show, but will she? Tim Meadows guest stars.
Trophy Wife - "Twas the Night Before Christmas... Or Twas It?" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Pete, Kate, Diane and Jackie wake up Christmas morning hung-over and the house in complete disaster. They try to piece together the events of last night’s Christmas Eve festivities while also trying to save Christmas for the kids. Phyllis Smith (“The Office”) returns for a guest appearance.
Tuesday, December 10
- Billy Crystal (Soap) - Catch Billy on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Kirstie Alley (Kirstie/Veronica's Closet/Cheers) - Kirstie is a guest on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom visits Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- John Goodman (Roseanne) - John appears on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Toks Olagundoye (The Neighbors) - Tune in to see Toks on The Arsenio Hall Show, so check your local listings.
- Lizzy Caplan (The Class/Party Down) - Lizzy is part of the guest panel on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Mark-Paul Gosselaar (Saved by the Bell) - Mark-Paul stops by The Pete Holmes Show at midnight on TBS.
- Mario Lopez (Saved by the Bell) - It's an hour of Latin inspired holiday dishes when Mario and Mario Batali whip up a tasty holiday dish on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT. He will also be on New York Live on WNBC at 12:30pm ET.
- Richard Karn (Home Improvement) - Richard discusses his latest project on Home & Family at 10am on Hallmark Channel.
- Ed Asner (The Mary Tyler Moore Show) - Ed is a guest on The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- David Koechner (The Office) - David will be on SI Now at 1pm.
- Miranda Cosgrove (iCarly) - Miranda appears on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.