Wednesday, June 20, 2012
We haven't had much RTV news lately, but they will be adding some new programs next week (Monday, June 25). Joining the retro line-up will be The Real McCoys, The Joey Bishop Show, Hopalong Cassidy, The Colgate Comedy Hour, Tarzan and The Adventures of Jim Bowie. Of course with these additions, there will be some shows that will of course be leaving the schedule to make way for these new acquisitions. Off the line-up come next week will be The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet, The Rifleman, Daniel Boone, and Peter Gunn.
The new schedule will feature Hopalong Cassidy and The Real McCoys weeknights in the 6pm hour, replacing Daniel Boone. Tarzan will air weekdays at 11:30am and paired with Cisco Kid at 11a. The Joey Bishop Show will air on Saturdays at 5:00pm & 5:30pm, replacing The Rifleman. Other new show schedule includes Colgate Comedy Hour on Saturdays at 7pm and The Adventures of Jim Bowie on Sundays at 3pm. That's about it, you can still find series like The Bill Cosby Show, Route 66, Naked City, Movin' On, Highway to Heaven, Starsky & Hutch and Police Story on the schedule.
The Broadcast Television Journalists Association (BTJA), an offshoot of the Broadcast Film Critics Association, announced the winners of the 2nd annual Critics' Choice Television Awards. The star-studded gala awards dinner to acknowledge and honor the best in television was held at the Beverly Hilton Hotel earlier on Monday night. Homeland took home the prize for Best Drama Series while Community won in the Best Comedy Series category. Best Reality Series went to Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations, while Best Reality Show-Competition went to The Voice. Other awards: Late Night with Jimmy Fallon was honored as Best Talk Show, Archer was honored as Best Animated Series, and Sherlock was honored as Best Movie/Miniseries. NBC was the most awarded network with five wins followed by ABC and AMC, which tied with three wins each. The following is the comedy portion wins (click the link below to see more wins):
Best Comedy Series
The Big Bang Theory (CBS)
Modern Family (ABC)
New Girl (Fox)
Parks and Recreation (NBC)
WINNER: Community (NBC)
Best Actor in a Comedy Series
Don Cheadle (House of Lies, Showtime)
Louis C.K. (Louie, FX)
Larry David (Curb Your Enthusiasm, HBO)
Garret Dillahunt (Raising Hope, Fox)
Joel McHale (Community, NBC)
Jim Parsons (The Big Bang Theory, CBS)
WINNER: Louis C.K. (Louie, FX)
Best Actress in a Comedy Series
Zooey Deschanel (New Girl, Fox)
Lena Dunham (Girls, HBO)
Julia Louis-Dreyfus (Veep, HBO)
Martha Plimpton (Raising Hope, Fox)
Amy Poehler (Parks and Recreation, NBC)
Ashley Richards (Awkward, MTV)
WINNER: TIE - Zooey Deschanel (New Girl, Fox) and Amy Poehler (Parks and Recreation, NBC)
Best Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series
Ty Burrell (Modern Family, ABC)
Max Greenfield (New Girl, Fox)
Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation, NBC)
Danny Pudi (Community, NBC)
Jim Rash (Community, NBC)
Damon Wayans, Jr. (Happy Endings, ABC)
WINNER: Ty Burrell (Modern Family, ABC)
Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series
Julie Bowen (Modern Family, ABC)
Alison Brie (Community, NBC)
Cheryl Hines (Suburgatory, ABC)
Gillian Jacobs (Community, NBC)
Eden Sher (The Middle, ABC)
Casey Wilson (Happy Endings, ABC)
WINNER: Julie Bowen (Modern Family, ABC)
Best Guest Performer in a Comedy Series
Becky Ann Baker (Girls, HBO)
Bobby Cannavale (Modern Family, ABC)
Kathryn Hahn (Parks and Recreation, NBC)
Justin Long (New Girl, Fox)
Paul Rudd (Parks and Recreation, NBC)
Peter Scolari (Girls, HBO)
WINNER: Paul Rudd (Parks and Recreation, NBC)
See a full list of winners from other TV genres. And visit their official website for more details on these awards and who votes.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (May)
05/03 - Mad About You - The Complete Series
05/03 - The Jim Gaffigan Show - Season One
05/10 - Newhart - The Complete Fifth Season
05/17 - Angie Tribeca - The Complete First Season
05/17 - The Facts of Life - The Final (Ninth) Season
05/24 - The Wonder Years - Season Five
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, May 26
Modern Family - "Clean Out Your Junk Drawer" (ABC, 10:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Gloria won a bid at the school auction for a family seminar with famed doctor and author Debra Radcliffe, whose self-help book ‘Clean Out Your Junk Drawer’ encourages people get out all their emotional junk to become healthier people and in turn better partners and spouses. Jay is resistant to the whole experience and can’t get away fast enough; Mitch and Cam decide to keep it very surface level so they can come off as super stable; and Phil and Claire also make it competitive and strive to be the best and strongest couple of the group. Things quickly escalate, though, as junk starts flying. Elsewhere, Haley and Alex meet up and counsel each other on their boy problems.
black-ish - "Sink or Swim" (ABC, 10:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After Dre notices that his neighbor Janine has never invited his family to any of her pool parties, he assumes she is racially stereotyping them as a family that doesn’t swim. The kids are shocked to find out that, in fact, Dre doesn’t know how to swim. At work, Dre shares the story with his colleagues, and Daphne Lido is not convinced it’s a race thing, so Dre confronts Janine directly. Meanwhile, Jack and Diane are a part of the Girls’ and Boys’ Rovers Organization, and they envy each other’s activities.
The Big Bang Theory - "The Empathy Optimization" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After having to deal with a sick Sheldon, Leonard, Penny and the gang try to treat themselves to a Sheldon-free weekend.
Life in Pieces - "Sleepy Email Brunch Tree" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Matt invites Colleen to brunch with the family, he coaches her through the difficult task of connecting with them. Also, John, Matt and Greg try to prove their masculinity by cutting down a tree in Greg's backyard, Tim has an adverse reaction to espresso, and a sleep-deprived Greg has a run-in with the cops.
Mom - "Terrorists and Gingerbread" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Christy and Bonnie have different ideas about forgiveness when Bonnie's mother, Shirley, who abandoned her as a small child, suddenly wants to be a part of their lives. Academy Award winner Ellen Burstyn guest stars as Bonnie’s mother, Shirley. June Squibb guest stars as Dottie.
The Odd Couple - "All About Eavesdropping" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After Oscar and Felix become obsessed with eavesdropping on their bickering neighbors, they try to subtly intervene and help them save their marriage. Also, Emily and Dani’s friendship is tested when they train together to race to the top of the Empire State Building.
Thursday, May 26
- Lizzy Caplan (The Class/Party Down) - Catch Lizzy on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Mike Epps (Uncle Buck/Survivor's Remorse) - Mike is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Sarah Silverman (The Sarah Silverman Program) - Sarah visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. She also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- David Alan Grier (The Carmichael Show/Life with Bonnie/DAG) - David stops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Rebel Wilson (Super Fun Night) - Rebel is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- David Schwimmer (Friends) - David drops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- David Spade (Rules of Engagement/8 Simple Rules/Just Shoot Me!) - David appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS. He also talks about Netflix's The Do-Over on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Natasha Leggero (Dice/Another Period/Free Agents) - Natasha visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Andy Samberg (Brooklyn Nine-Nine) - Andy is a guest on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Megan Fox (Hope & Faith) - Megan previews the film Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Dave Coulier (Fuller House/Full House) - Dave appears on a repeat of The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Urie (Partners) - Michael is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Brandy (Zoe Ever After/The Game/Moesha) - Brandy opens up about her private health battle and how she fought her way back on The Dr. Oz Show, so check your local listings.
- Jennifer Lawrence (The Bill Engvall Show) - Jennifer and the cast of X-Men: Apocalypse will be interviewed on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson (Modern Family/The Class) - Jesse is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Kevin Nealon (Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Jerrod Carmichael (The Carmichael Show) - Jerrod is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Janet Hubert (The Real) - Janet appears on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.