Wednesday, June 20, 2012
We haven't had much RTV news lately, but they will be adding some new programs next week (Monday, June 25). Joining the retro line-up will be The Real McCoys, The Joey Bishop Show, Hopalong Cassidy, The Colgate Comedy Hour, Tarzan and The Adventures of Jim Bowie. Of course with these additions, there will be some shows that will of course be leaving the schedule to make way for these new acquisitions. Off the line-up come next week will be The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet, The Rifleman, Daniel Boone, and Peter Gunn.
The new schedule will feature Hopalong Cassidy and The Real McCoys weeknights in the 6pm hour, replacing Daniel Boone. Tarzan will air weekdays at 11:30am and paired with Cisco Kid at 11a. The Joey Bishop Show will air on Saturdays at 5:00pm & 5:30pm, replacing The Rifleman. Other new show schedule includes Colgate Comedy Hour on Saturdays at 7pm and The Adventures of Jim Bowie on Sundays at 3pm. That's about it, you can still find series like The Bill Cosby Show, Route 66, Naked City, Movin' On, Highway to Heaven, Starsky & Hutch and Police Story on the schedule.
The Broadcast Television Journalists Association (BTJA), an offshoot of the Broadcast Film Critics Association, announced the winners of the 2nd annual Critics' Choice Television Awards. The star-studded gala awards dinner to acknowledge and honor the best in television was held at the Beverly Hilton Hotel earlier on Monday night. Homeland took home the prize for Best Drama Series while Community won in the Best Comedy Series category. Best Reality Series went to Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations, while Best Reality Show-Competition went to The Voice. Other awards: Late Night with Jimmy Fallon was honored as Best Talk Show, Archer was honored as Best Animated Series, and Sherlock was honored as Best Movie/Miniseries. NBC was the most awarded network with five wins followed by ABC and AMC, which tied with three wins each. The following is the comedy portion wins (click the link below to see more wins):
Best Comedy Series
The Big Bang Theory (CBS)
Modern Family (ABC)
New Girl (Fox)
Parks and Recreation (NBC)
WINNER: Community (NBC)
Best Actor in a Comedy Series
Don Cheadle (House of Lies, Showtime)
Louis C.K. (Louie, FX)
Larry David (Curb Your Enthusiasm, HBO)
Garret Dillahunt (Raising Hope, Fox)
Joel McHale (Community, NBC)
Jim Parsons (The Big Bang Theory, CBS)
WINNER: Louis C.K. (Louie, FX)
Best Actress in a Comedy Series
Zooey Deschanel (New Girl, Fox)
Lena Dunham (Girls, HBO)
Julia Louis-Dreyfus (Veep, HBO)
Martha Plimpton (Raising Hope, Fox)
Amy Poehler (Parks and Recreation, NBC)
Ashley Richards (Awkward, MTV)
WINNER: TIE - Zooey Deschanel (New Girl, Fox) and Amy Poehler (Parks and Recreation, NBC)
Best Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series
Ty Burrell (Modern Family, ABC)
Max Greenfield (New Girl, Fox)
Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation, NBC)
Danny Pudi (Community, NBC)
Jim Rash (Community, NBC)
Damon Wayans, Jr. (Happy Endings, ABC)
WINNER: Ty Burrell (Modern Family, ABC)
Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series
Julie Bowen (Modern Family, ABC)
Alison Brie (Community, NBC)
Cheryl Hines (Suburgatory, ABC)
Gillian Jacobs (Community, NBC)
Eden Sher (The Middle, ABC)
Casey Wilson (Happy Endings, ABC)
WINNER: Julie Bowen (Modern Family, ABC)
Best Guest Performer in a Comedy Series
Becky Ann Baker (Girls, HBO)
Bobby Cannavale (Modern Family, ABC)
Kathryn Hahn (Parks and Recreation, NBC)
Justin Long (New Girl, Fox)
Paul Rudd (Parks and Recreation, NBC)
Peter Scolari (Girls, HBO)
WINNER: Paul Rudd (Parks and Recreation, NBC)
See a full list of winners from other TV genres. And visit their official website for more details on these awards and who votes.
How I Met Your Mother - "Daisy" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Marshall enlists Ted and Barney to help him figure out where Lily went when she left in the middle of their fight.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Soft Opening" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Business booms for Max and Caroline’s new cupcake walk-up window when word spreads about a shocking incident involving a rock star.
Mike & Molly - "Rich Man, Poor Girl" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Victoria brings home a new boyfriend and the entire family wonders if he’s finally “the one.”
Mom - "Belgian Waffles and Bathroom Privileges" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Christy has trouble accepting how much easier life is with Bonnie in the house. Meanwhile, Baxter sets up camp in the driveway.
Monday, March 10
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Watch Steve on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He will also be on NBC's Today between 7-9am. Finally, he chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Demi Lovato (Sonny with a Chance) - Demi stops by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Andy Samberg (Brooklyn Nine-Nine) - Andy appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Busy Philipps (Cougar Town) - Busy visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Minnie Driver (About a Boy) - Minnie is part of the guest panel on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Kevin Nealon (Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Weeds) - Kevin drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Nia Long (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air), Zulay Henao (Love Thy Neighbor), Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) and Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs) - The cast of The Single Moms Club are guests on The Arsenio Hall Show, so check your local listings.
- Paul Scheer (The League) - Paul appears on The Pete Holmes Show at midnight on TBS.
- Ray Romano (Everybody Loves Raymond) - Ray appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Krysten Ritter (Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) - Krysten talks about her new movie Veronica Mars on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Jennie Garth (What I Like About You) - Jennie joins Clinton Kelly and prepares a savory layered dish with mushrooms and polenta and discusses her new book (Deep Thoughts from a Hollywood Blonde) on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey and Troy Gentile (The Goldbergs) - Wendi and Troy will be on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings. Wendi will also be on The Better Show, so check your local listings.
- Chris Lowell (Enlisted) - Chris talks about the new Veronica Mars movie on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. He will also be on WPIX Morning News at 8:45AM in New York and on HuffPost Live.
- Jenna Elfman (Growing Up Fisher/1600 Penn/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna is a guest on The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- The Cast of Mixology - The cast of Mixology will be guests on Pop Sugar on TV Guide Network at 6pm and on the next day on their website at noon.
- Jason Ritter (The Class) - Jason appears on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Jason Bateman (Arrested Development/The Hogan Family/Silver Spoons) - Jason visits NBC's Today between 7-9am.
- Wilmer Valderrama (That '70s Show) - Wilmer is a guest on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Busy Philipps (Cougar Town) - Busy appears on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.