Tuesday, June 26, 2012
GMC Launches 7th Heaven, 4th of July Marathons; WLNY In New York Revamps Schedule, Adds I Love Lucy Marathon
We hinted way back that GMC has acquired 7th Heaven but now we finally have a launch date! The series will launch with a weekend marathon starting Saturday, July 7, 2012 at 7pm, part of their week of marathons during the 4th of July week! The marathon airs 7pm-5am on July 7 and continues on Sunday, July 8 from 9am-7pm, part of "7th Heaven Summer." The week-long marathons of shows start on Saturday, June 30 with Moesha from 10am-1am. On Sunday, July 1, it's a day of GMC movies with The Greatest Stories Ever Told like The Ten Commandments, Jeremiah, Jesus and Solomon. On Monday, July 2, go back into the Heartland from 10am-11pm. Tuesday, July 3 will feature Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman from 10am-11pm. On the 4th of July itself, it's a marathon of Candid Camera from 10am-11pm. The marathons continue on Thursday, July 5 with The Waltons from 10am-11pm. And on Friday, July 6 we have a marathon of Family Ties from 10am-9pm leading into the GMC premiere of the '80s TV movie The Brady Brides. Leading into the 7th Heaven premiere on Saturday, July 7 will be Sister, Sister from 10am-7pm.
We do not know yet what the regular schedule will look like for 7th Heaven following the 7th Heaven Summer stunt. Stay with us for that soon, but for now read up on the details of the show: The intricacies of growing up, relationships, current events, moral issues, family and friends, are woven into this warmhearted, entertaining family show. The Camden family, headed by Rev. Eric Camden and stay-at-home mom Annie, are busy navigating the ups and downs of life with seven children, who range in age from toddler to adults with families of their own. The friends, neighbors, and love interests of the various family members play a role in the plot lines, which focus on addressing real-life issues. Stars Stephen Collins, Jessica Biel, Barry Watson, David Gallagher, with Catherine Hicks and Beverly Mitchell.
Moving on to some local broadcast news, we mentioned last week that WLNY (now owned by WCBS) in New York has picked-up the broadcast rights to Mike & Molly and 2 Broke Girls beginning in 2014 and 2015, respectively, but now we have some more WLNY news as their schedule is about to change! When CBS bought the station in April they highlighted the addition of three hours of live local newscasts each weekday, including the tri-state area's first one-hour 9:00 PM news program. WLNY will launch weekday 7:00-9:00 AM and 9:00-10:00 PM local news programs starting Monday, July 2. The 9:00 PM newscast will feature WCBS2 anchors Chris Wragge and Dana Tyler, weathercaster Lonnie Quinn and sports anchor Otis Livingston as well as WLNY's Richard Rose, who will report nightly from the WCBS2-WLNY news bureau on Long Island. The on-air team for the station's morning show will be Caroline Bermudez, John Elliott, and Lisa Kerney and the two-hour show will be called Live from the Couch. In addition to his role on the 9:00 PM newscasts, Rose will continue to host the weekly Sunday morning public affairs show Exit 10/55, which premiered in April.
So what will the new schedule look like? It will begin on Monday, July 2 and will be an all-day schedule, something WLNY has never done. The line-up begins with the addition of the syndicated talk show Better TV at 6am to lead into their local two-hour morning show Live from the Couch, as mentioned above. At 9am will be back-to-back episodes of America's Court With Judge Ross, which comes from 11am. At 10am, court series Eye for An Eye will air in the hour. The court shows continue in the 11am hour with the addition of back-to-back Judge Hatchett, which had been out of the New York line-up this past season. Another new court show addition will follow at 12 noon with Last Shot With Judge Gunn. And the court room block ends with an encore of America's Court With Judge Ross from 1-2pm. Next at 2pm will be America's Funniest Home Videos, which was airing at noon before. At 3pm, Cold Case Files remains, but 4pm now has back-to-back Cheaters replacing Matlock, which is now gone from weekdays. [Insert the end of the Matlock opening theme music here, if you know what I mean.] Anyway, at 5pm, back-to-back episodes of Frasier remain on the schedule. The Doctors, which also airs on WCBS, will get a second run on WLNY by airing weeknights at 6pm, as Dr. Phil gets pushed to 7pm, replacing Ellen DeGeneres Show as that show can no longer air on this station. In primetime, Law & Order: Criminal Intent will air at 8pm leading into to the new WLNY News at 9. Judge Judy will continue to air in the 10pm hour, leading into an encore of WCBS' Entertainment Tonight at 11pm. Inside Edition remains at 11:30pm. Another Law & Order: Criminal Intent will air at 12 midnight leading into the late movie at 1am. And that's how their schedule looks!
One more piece of note, and it is a notable item for us! WLNY will dig into the CBS library and air a 4th of July marathon of the '50s sitcom classic I Love Lucy on Wednesday, July 4 from 9am-9pm right after the morning news and leading into the 9pm news. Let's hope more cool marathons like this air in the future and possibly some join the regular schedule...at least we know for sure some new sitcoms are coming in 2014 and 2015. Stay with us for further updates!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, December 3
Henry Danger - "Dodging Danger" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Henry uses his new super power to compete in a Dodge-A-Leen tournament, Ray, Schwoz, and Charlotte go undercover to teach Henry a lesson.
Monday, December 5
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Watch Will on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jason Bateman (Arrested Development/The Hogan Family/It's Your Move) - Jason visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Gael García Bernal (Mozart in the Jungle) - Gael is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Steve Agee (The Sarah Silverman Program) - Steve appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- The Cast of Fuller House - The cast of Fuller House are guests on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Patricia stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Miss Piggy (The Muppets) - Miss Piggy and Harry perform Deck the Halls on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Meredith Hagner (Search Party/Men at Work) - Meredith is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Lauren Graham (The Odd Couple/Conrad Bloom/Townies) - Lauren appears on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. talks about Office Christmas Party on the AOL Build Show at 3pm. He will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. He can also be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 9:50am.
- Bradley Whitford (Happyish/Trophy Wife) - Bradley is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Josh McDermitt (Retired at 35) - Josh can be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 10:45am.
- Erinn Hayes (Kevin Can Wait/Guys with Kids/Worst Week) - Erinn talks about Kevin Can Wait on the AOL Build Show at 4pm.