Tuesday, June 26, 2012
GMC Launches 7th Heaven, 4th of July Marathons; WLNY In New York Revamps Schedule, Adds I Love Lucy Marathon
We hinted way back that GMC has acquired 7th Heaven but now we finally have a launch date! The series will launch with a weekend marathon starting Saturday, July 7, 2012 at 7pm, part of their week of marathons during the 4th of July week! The marathon airs 7pm-5am on July 7 and continues on Sunday, July 8 from 9am-7pm, part of "7th Heaven Summer." The week-long marathons of shows start on Saturday, June 30 with Moesha from 10am-1am. On Sunday, July 1, it's a day of GMC movies with The Greatest Stories Ever Told like The Ten Commandments, Jeremiah, Jesus and Solomon. On Monday, July 2, go back into the Heartland from 10am-11pm. Tuesday, July 3 will feature Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman from 10am-11pm. On the 4th of July itself, it's a marathon of Candid Camera from 10am-11pm. The marathons continue on Thursday, July 5 with The Waltons from 10am-11pm. And on Friday, July 6 we have a marathon of Family Ties from 10am-9pm leading into the GMC premiere of the '80s TV movie The Brady Brides. Leading into the 7th Heaven premiere on Saturday, July 7 will be Sister, Sister from 10am-7pm.
We do not know yet what the regular schedule will look like for 7th Heaven following the 7th Heaven Summer stunt. Stay with us for that soon, but for now read up on the details of the show: The intricacies of growing up, relationships, current events, moral issues, family and friends, are woven into this warmhearted, entertaining family show. The Camden family, headed by Rev. Eric Camden and stay-at-home mom Annie, are busy navigating the ups and downs of life with seven children, who range in age from toddler to adults with families of their own. The friends, neighbors, and love interests of the various family members play a role in the plot lines, which focus on addressing real-life issues. Stars Stephen Collins, Jessica Biel, Barry Watson, David Gallagher, with Catherine Hicks and Beverly Mitchell.
Moving on to some local broadcast news, we mentioned last week that WLNY (now owned by WCBS) in New York has picked-up the broadcast rights to Mike & Molly and 2 Broke Girls beginning in 2014 and 2015, respectively, but now we have some more WLNY news as their schedule is about to change! When CBS bought the station in April they highlighted the addition of three hours of live local newscasts each weekday, including the tri-state area's first one-hour 9:00 PM news program. WLNY will launch weekday 7:00-9:00 AM and 9:00-10:00 PM local news programs starting Monday, July 2. The 9:00 PM newscast will feature WCBS2 anchors Chris Wragge and Dana Tyler, weathercaster Lonnie Quinn and sports anchor Otis Livingston as well as WLNY's Richard Rose, who will report nightly from the WCBS2-WLNY news bureau on Long Island. The on-air team for the station's morning show will be Caroline Bermudez, John Elliott, and Lisa Kerney and the two-hour show will be called Live from the Couch. In addition to his role on the 9:00 PM newscasts, Rose will continue to host the weekly Sunday morning public affairs show Exit 10/55, which premiered in April.
So what will the new schedule look like? It will begin on Monday, July 2 and will be an all-day schedule, something WLNY has never done. The line-up begins with the addition of the syndicated talk show Better TV at 6am to lead into their local two-hour morning show Live from the Couch, as mentioned above. At 9am will be back-to-back episodes of America's Court With Judge Ross, which comes from 11am. At 10am, court series Eye for An Eye will air in the hour. The court shows continue in the 11am hour with the addition of back-to-back Judge Hatchett, which had been out of the New York line-up this past season. Another new court show addition will follow at 12 noon with Last Shot With Judge Gunn. And the court room block ends with an encore of America's Court With Judge Ross from 1-2pm. Next at 2pm will be America's Funniest Home Videos, which was airing at noon before. At 3pm, Cold Case Files remains, but 4pm now has back-to-back Cheaters replacing Matlock, which is now gone from weekdays. [Insert the end of the Matlock opening theme music here, if you know what I mean.] Anyway, at 5pm, back-to-back episodes of Frasier remain on the schedule. The Doctors, which also airs on WCBS, will get a second run on WLNY by airing weeknights at 6pm, as Dr. Phil gets pushed to 7pm, replacing Ellen DeGeneres Show as that show can no longer air on this station. In primetime, Law & Order: Criminal Intent will air at 8pm leading into to the new WLNY News at 9. Judge Judy will continue to air in the 10pm hour, leading into an encore of WCBS' Entertainment Tonight at 11pm. Inside Edition remains at 11:30pm. Another Law & Order: Criminal Intent will air at 12 midnight leading into the late movie at 1am. And that's how their schedule looks!
One more piece of note, and it is a notable item for us! WLNY will dig into the CBS library and air a 4th of July marathon of the '50s sitcom classic I Love Lucy on Wednesday, July 4 from 9am-9pm right after the morning news and leading into the 9pm news. Let's hope more cool marathons like this air in the future and possibly some join the regular schedule...at least we know for sure some new sitcoms are coming in 2014 and 2015. Stay with us for further updates!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, February 23
The Big Bang Theory - "The Comic-Con Conundrum" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
With Koothrappali cut off from his father’s fortune, he appoints Sheldon to help him get out of debt. Also, Penny considers joining Leonard at Comic-Con.
The Great Indoors - "Friends Like These" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Jack desperately begs his co-workers to pretend to be his closest friends at a dinner party after his lack of an inner circle begins to concern his girlfriend, Rachel (Maggie Lawson). However, he soon regrets asking for their help after they all behave awkwardly in her presence.
Mom - "Night Swimmin' and an English Muffin" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Bonnie discovers Adam is still close with his ex-wife, Danielle (Wendie Malick), Christy worries the emotional fallout could jeopardize Bonnie’s sobriety.
Life in Pieces - "Awkward Bra Automated Ordained" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Dinner gets awkward for Jen and Matt when they find themselves alone without Greg and Colleen. Also, Lark accidentally locks out Greg and Jen from the house, prompting Greg to install a complicated home automation system; Heather and Tim try to sneak wine into an ice skating show to get out of paying at the venue; and John and Joan agree to an impromptu wedding after Colleen mentions that she’s an ordained minister.
Superstore - "Wellness Fair" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Amy (America Ferrera) sees Mateo (Nico Santos) out on a secret date with Jeff (recurring guest star Michael Bunin), she ignores Garrett's (Colton Dunn) advice to stay out of it, and ends up throwing multiple relationships - both real and imagined - into chaos. Meanwhile, Glenn (Mark McKinney) resents Jonah (Ben Feldman) for outshining him during Cloud 9's Wellness Fair, and Dina (Lauren Ash) tries to prove that Amy faked an illness.
Powerless - "Emily Dates a Henchman" (NBC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After being urged by her team, Emily (Vanessa Hudgens) sets her sights on the dating world but unknowingly falls for one of the Riddler's henchmen (guest star Robert Buckley). Meanwhile, Teddy (Danny Pudi) and Ron (Ron Funches) find a Batman artifact and discover Van's (Alan Tudyk) superhero fantasy. Christina Kirk also stars.
Baskets - "Marthager" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Martha books Chip a gig at a car crash.
Thursday, February 23
- John Travolta (Welcome Back, Kotter) - Catch John on a repeat of the 2015 Jimmy Kimmel Live: After the Oscars special at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah stops by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Aubrey Plaza (Parks and Recreation) - Aubrey visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Bradley Whitford (Trophy Wife) - Bradley is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Get Out in the 9am hour. He appears on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 11:30am ET.
- Allison Williams (Girls) - Allison appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Paul Scheer (The League/Fresh Off the Boat) - Paul visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 4:30pm.
- Rob Huebel (Transparent/Burning Love) - Rob drops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 4:30pm.
- Nick Kroll (The League/Cavemen) - Nick appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jermaine Fowler (Superior Donuts) - Jermaine is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- David Spade (Rules of Enagement/8 Simple Rules/Just Shoot Me!) - David appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Norm Macdonald (The Norm Show/A Minute with Stan Hooper) - Norm is a guest on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Rob Schneider (Real Rob/Rob/Men Behaving Badly) - Rob appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- David Duchovny (Californication) - David stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Mary-Louise Parker (Weeds) - Mary-Louise is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Mae Whitman (Arrested Development) - Mae appears on Harry, so check your local listings.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - NeNe guest co-hosts The Real, so check your local listings.
- Billy Gardell (Mike & Molly) - Billy joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.