Friday, June 22, 2012
Baby Daddy and The Soul Man Premieres Deliver in Ratings; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of June 25, 2012)
We got two solid series premieres for cable sitcoms on Wednesday night on ABC Family and TV Land! Rounding out ABC Family's comedy Wednesday, newest original series Baby Daddy launched as the network's #2 comedy premiere on record (only to the hit Melissa & Joey) in Total Viewers with 1.7 million viewers, Adults 18-34 (619,000 viewers), Women 18-34 (492,000 viewers), Adults 18-49 (935,000 viewers and a 0.7 18-49 rating) and Women 18-49 (732,000 viewers), even surging by 13% over its Melissa & Joey lead-in in Total Viewers and towering over year-ago time period averages by triple-digit percent margins across target demos. Impressively, Baby Daddy ranked as Wednesday's #1 cable telecast in primetime in Females 12-34 (679,000 viewers) and was the #2 cable telecast for the entire day in Women 18-34, right behind fellow ABC Family sitcom Melissa & Joey.
Speaking of Melissa & Joey, it was supplying a solid launch pad for Baby Daddy (Wednesdays at 8:30pm), as an all-new Melissa & Joey (Wednesdays at 8:00pm) delivered a series high in Women 18-34 (510,000 viewers), and set season two highs in Total Viewers (1.5 million), Adults 18-34 (626,000 viewers), Adults 18-49 (937,000 viewers and a 0.7 18-49 rating), Women 18-49 (730,000 viewers), Viewers 12-34 (798,000 viewers) and Females 12-34 (646,000 viewers), ranking as Wednesday's #1 cable telecast in Women 18-34.
Moving on TV Land, marking another milestone in TV Land's history, the network's newest original sitcom, The Soul Man, was the cable network's second highest rated series premiere among its target audience of Adults 25-54 and Women 25-54, second only to the series launch of Hot in Cleveland in June 2010. The Soul Man premiered Wednesday night at 10 p.m. and stars Cedric "The Entertainer" and Niecy Nash. The premiere telecast of The Soul Man (June 20, 2012 at 10 p.m. ET/PT) posted a 1.0 Adults 25-54 rating and one million viewers among Adults 25-54, and averaged over 1.9 million total viewers. It also delivered a 0.6 Adults 18-49 rating. The season two premiere of The Exes (June 20, 2012 at 10:30 p.m. ET/PT) followed and scored a 0.7 Adults 25-54 rating and 707,000 viewers among A25-54, a +25% increase in rating and delivery over the first season premiere. The second season premiere averaged over 1.2 million total viewers, holding much of its lead-in's ratings. It also delivered a 0.4 Adults 18-49 rating. Among Women 25-54, The Soul Man earned a 1.29 rating and The Exes posted a 0.92 rating.
Additionally, TV Land aired two encores of The Soul Man (11 p.m. and 1 a.m.) and The Exes (11:30 p.m. and 1:30 a.m.) on the same night, which, combined with the premiere telecast, attracted over 3.5 million total viewers for The Soul Man and 2.6 million total viewers for The Exes.
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars, so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of June 25-29, 2012, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! All times listed are Eastern. So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, June 25, 2012
- Jimmie Walker (Good Times) - Watch Jimmie on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Louis C.K. (Louie) - Louis appears on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Mila Kunis (That '70s Show) - Mila visits Conan at 11pm on TBS. Ted opens in theaters on June 29.
- Julie Bowen (Modern Family) - Julie is a guest on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Charlie Sheen (Anger Management/Two and a Half Men) - Charlie drops by ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am.
- Tom Arnold (Roseanne/The Tom Show) - Tom joins the Chew Crew on The Chew on ABC at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Matt LeBlanc (Episodes/Friends) - Catch Matt on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Louis C.K. (Louie) - Louis continues to make the rounds on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- Breckin Meyer (Married to the Kellys/Inside Schwartz) - Breckin visits The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Charlie Sheen (Anger Management/Two and a Half Men) - Charlie stops by Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Charlie Sheen, Shawnee Smith (Becker, Brett Butler (Grace Under Fire) - Charlie, Shawnee and Brett give us the scoop on their new FX sitcom, Anger Management, on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations. Shawnee and Brett will also be on ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am.
- Patrick Duffy (Step by Step) - Patrick appears on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Kristen Johnston (The Exes/3rd Rock from the Sun) - Kristen is a guest on Tavis Smiley on PBS, but check listings for time.
- Seth MacFarlane (Family Guy/American Dad!) - Seth drops by Comedy Central's The Daily Show with Jon Stewart at 11pm.
- David Alan Grier (Life with Bonnie/DAG) - David joins the Chew Crew on The Chew on ABC at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Cedric the Entertainer (The Soul Man/The Steve Harvey Show) - Cedric appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Danny DeVito (It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia/Taxi) - Danny visits Anderson, so check your local listings.
- Mila Kunis (That '70s Show) - Watch Mila on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Matt LeBlanc (Episodes/Friends) - Matt continues to make the rounds on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa stops by The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Seth MacFarlane (Family Guy/American Dad!) - Seth is a guest on on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Michael Strahan (Brothers) - Michael guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly Wednesday-Friday, so check your listings.
- Tiffani Thiessen (Saved by the Bell) - Tiffani appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Romeo Miller (Romeo!The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Jimmie Walker (Good Times) - Jimmie talks about his new memoir, Dyn-o-mite!: Good Times, Bad Times, Our Times--A Memoir, on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Denis Leary (The Job) - Catch Denis on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Joel McHale (Community) - Joel is a guest on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Marissa Jaret Winokur (Retired at 35) - Marissa dishes on her TV Land sitcom, Retired at 35, on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Seth MacFarlane (Family Guy/American Dad!) - Watch Seth on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Jim Parsons (The Big Bang Theory) - Jim chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly) - Melissa is a guest on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May)
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
05/02 - Red, White and Blue Collar Sitcoms - Make TV Great Again
05/09 - ALF - The Complete DVD Collection
05/09 - Divorce - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
05/09 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Second Season
05/16 - The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, May 22
Angie Tribeca - "License to Drill" (TBS, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Geils lands in trouble when he helps a woman investigate whether her husband is having an affair.
Young & Hungry - "Young & Amnesia" (Freeform, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Gabi attempts to cure Josh's amnesia by re-creating the first time they met.
Baby Daddy - "Daddy's Girl" (Freeform, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Riley is confined to the couch; Ben struggles to answer Emma's questions about her mother.
Monday, May 22
- Chelsea Handler (Are You There, Chelsea?) - Watch Chelsea on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. She chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Kyle Chandler (What About Joan?) - Kyle appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He also talks about Bloodline on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Michaela Watkins (Casual/Trophy Wife) - Michaela is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Seaton Smith (Mulaney) - Seaton stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Nicole Richie (Great News) - Nicole visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Nico Tortorella (Younger) - Nico appears on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Kym Whitley (Young & Hungry/Animal Practice/The Parkers) - Kym guest co-hosts The Real, so check your local listings.
- Tichina Arnold (Survivor's Remorse/Happily Divorced/Everybody Hates Chris/Martin) - Tichina appears on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Brenda Strong (The Help/Scorch) - Brenda talks about Supergirl on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Tituss Burgess (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt) - Tituss joins Clinton Kelly to whip up a delicious delight on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Patti performs a jazz song from her new album on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Loretta Devine and Lil Rel Howery (The Carmichael Show) - Loretta and Lil are guests on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 11:30am ET.
- Zoe Lister-Jones (Life in Pieces/Friends with Better Lives/Whitney) - Zoe talks about her new comedy Band Aid on the AOL Build Show 1pm.
- Ellie Reed (Girlboss) - Ellie talks about Girlboss on the AOL Build Show at 5pm.