Friday, June 22, 2012
Baby Daddy and The Soul Man Premieres Deliver in Ratings; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of June 25, 2012)
We got two solid series premieres for cable sitcoms on Wednesday night on ABC Family and TV Land! Rounding out ABC Family's comedy Wednesday, newest original series Baby Daddy launched as the network's #2 comedy premiere on record (only to the hit Melissa & Joey) in Total Viewers with 1.7 million viewers, Adults 18-34 (619,000 viewers), Women 18-34 (492,000 viewers), Adults 18-49 (935,000 viewers and a 0.7 18-49 rating) and Women 18-49 (732,000 viewers), even surging by 13% over its Melissa & Joey lead-in in Total Viewers and towering over year-ago time period averages by triple-digit percent margins across target demos. Impressively, Baby Daddy ranked as Wednesday's #1 cable telecast in primetime in Females 12-34 (679,000 viewers) and was the #2 cable telecast for the entire day in Women 18-34, right behind fellow ABC Family sitcom Melissa & Joey.
Speaking of Melissa & Joey, it was supplying a solid launch pad for Baby Daddy (Wednesdays at 8:30pm), as an all-new Melissa & Joey (Wednesdays at 8:00pm) delivered a series high in Women 18-34 (510,000 viewers), and set season two highs in Total Viewers (1.5 million), Adults 18-34 (626,000 viewers), Adults 18-49 (937,000 viewers and a 0.7 18-49 rating), Women 18-49 (730,000 viewers), Viewers 12-34 (798,000 viewers) and Females 12-34 (646,000 viewers), ranking as Wednesday's #1 cable telecast in Women 18-34.
Moving on TV Land, marking another milestone in TV Land's history, the network's newest original sitcom, The Soul Man, was the cable network's second highest rated series premiere among its target audience of Adults 25-54 and Women 25-54, second only to the series launch of Hot in Cleveland in June 2010. The Soul Man premiered Wednesday night at 10 p.m. and stars Cedric "The Entertainer" and Niecy Nash. The premiere telecast of The Soul Man (June 20, 2012 at 10 p.m. ET/PT) posted a 1.0 Adults 25-54 rating and one million viewers among Adults 25-54, and averaged over 1.9 million total viewers. It also delivered a 0.6 Adults 18-49 rating. The season two premiere of The Exes (June 20, 2012 at 10:30 p.m. ET/PT) followed and scored a 0.7 Adults 25-54 rating and 707,000 viewers among A25-54, a +25% increase in rating and delivery over the first season premiere. The second season premiere averaged over 1.2 million total viewers, holding much of its lead-in's ratings. It also delivered a 0.4 Adults 18-49 rating. Among Women 25-54, The Soul Man earned a 1.29 rating and The Exes posted a 0.92 rating.
Additionally, TV Land aired two encores of The Soul Man (11 p.m. and 1 a.m.) and The Exes (11:30 p.m. and 1:30 a.m.) on the same night, which, combined with the premiere telecast, attracted over 3.5 million total viewers for The Soul Man and 2.6 million total viewers for The Exes.
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars, so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of June 25-29, 2012, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! All times listed are Eastern. So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, June 25, 2012
- Jimmie Walker (Good Times) - Watch Jimmie on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Louis C.K. (Louie) - Louis appears on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Mila Kunis (That '70s Show) - Mila visits Conan at 11pm on TBS. Ted opens in theaters on June 29.
- Julie Bowen (Modern Family) - Julie is a guest on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Charlie Sheen (Anger Management/Two and a Half Men) - Charlie drops by ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am.
- Tom Arnold (Roseanne/The Tom Show) - Tom joins the Chew Crew on The Chew on ABC at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Matt LeBlanc (Episodes/Friends) - Catch Matt on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Louis C.K. (Louie) - Louis continues to make the rounds on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- Breckin Meyer (Married to the Kellys/Inside Schwartz) - Breckin visits The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Charlie Sheen (Anger Management/Two and a Half Men) - Charlie stops by Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Charlie Sheen, Shawnee Smith (Becker, Brett Butler (Grace Under Fire) - Charlie, Shawnee and Brett give us the scoop on their new FX sitcom, Anger Management, on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations. Shawnee and Brett will also be on ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am.
- Patrick Duffy (Step by Step) - Patrick appears on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Kristen Johnston (The Exes/3rd Rock from the Sun) - Kristen is a guest on Tavis Smiley on PBS, but check listings for time.
- Seth MacFarlane (Family Guy/American Dad!) - Seth drops by Comedy Central's The Daily Show with Jon Stewart at 11pm.
- David Alan Grier (Life with Bonnie/DAG) - David joins the Chew Crew on The Chew on ABC at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Cedric the Entertainer (The Soul Man/The Steve Harvey Show) - Cedric appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Danny DeVito (It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia/Taxi) - Danny visits Anderson, so check your local listings.
- Mila Kunis (That '70s Show) - Watch Mila on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Matt LeBlanc (Episodes/Friends) - Matt continues to make the rounds on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa stops by The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Seth MacFarlane (Family Guy/American Dad!) - Seth is a guest on on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Michael Strahan (Brothers) - Michael guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly Wednesday-Friday, so check your listings.
- Tiffani Thiessen (Saved by the Bell) - Tiffani appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Romeo Miller (Romeo!The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Jimmie Walker (Good Times) - Jimmie talks about his new memoir, Dyn-o-mite!: Good Times, Bad Times, Our Times--A Memoir, on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Denis Leary (The Job) - Catch Denis on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Joel McHale (Community) - Joel is a guest on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Marissa Jaret Winokur (Retired at 35) - Marissa dishes on her TV Land sitcom, Retired at 35, on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Seth MacFarlane (Family Guy/American Dad!) - Watch Seth on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Jim Parsons (The Big Bang Theory) - Jim chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly) - Melissa is a guest on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, December 2
Last Man Standing - "Precious Snowflakes" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Mandy chooses local-celebrity Mike as the speaker for her business school’s graduation. After learning that the school requires his speech to be PC and micro-agression free, Mike decides whether or not to play by the rules. Meanwhile, Eve’s friend Cammy (Sarah Gilman) is home from college, bragging about how fantastic her new life has been, leaving Eve feeling slightly fruitless and discouraged.
Dr. Ken - "D.K's New Girlfriend" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When D.K. overhears Allison complain about him overstaying his welcome, he decides to move in with his girlfriend of three weeks. Meanwhile, Pat wants Dave to pretend he’s his adopted son; and Allison is convinced Molly wants to talk about something when she suggests they do a spa day, but the tables turn when Molly is the one doling out the advice.
I Love Lucy - "I Love Lucy Christmas Special" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
The I LOVE LUCY CHRISTMAS SPECIAL features “The Christmas Episode” and the newly colorized “Lucy Gets in Pictures.” Both were colorized with a vintage look, a nod to the 1950s period in which the shows were filmed. The main titles and end credits of the two episodes are seamlessly combined into one set at the beginning and end of the hour, with no interruption between the episodes.
“The Christmas Episode” finds the Ricardos and Mertzes decorating Lucy and Ricky’s Christmas tree and reminiscing about how their lives have changed since the arrival of the Ricardos’ son, Little Ricky (Keith Thibodeaux). Flashbacks recall the night Lucy tells Ricky she is pregnant, the time Lucy shows up unexpectedly as part of a barbershop quartet and the day Ricky and the Mertzes rehearse taking Lucy to the maternity ward.
“The Christmas Episode” was first broadcast on CBS in December 1956. The episode was not included in the series’ long history of rebroadcasts, first on CBS Daytime and later in syndication. Thought to be lost, CBS rediscovered the episode in 1989.
In the newly colorized “Lucy Gets in Pictures,” Lucy’s lifelong dream of appearing in a motion picture seems to have come true when Ricky arranges for her to play a showgirl in a new musical. Unfortunately, the enormous feathered headdress she is expected to wear as she descends a staircase proves to be too cumbersome. After numerous mishaps on the stairs, the musical’s frustrated director (Lou Krugman) decides to make a change.
“Lucy Gets in Pictures” was originally broadcast Feb. 21, 1955, and was an immediate favorite not only of viewers, but of Lucille Ball herself. She restaged the famous headdress scene, again with Krugman, in the 1962 CBS special, “Opening Night,” and in 1965 in a slightly modified form, this time with actor Danny Thomas, in her second CBS series, “The Lucy Show.”
Liv and Maddie: Cali Style - "Cali Christmas-a-Rooney" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Maddie gets upset that she can't be in Wisconsin for Christmas, so Liv helps cheer her up.
Girl Meets World - "Girl Meets a Christmas Maya" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
As Christmas approaches, Riley gets excited to celebrate her favorite holiday, but for Maya, the holidays only bring back unhappy memories from her childhood.
Bunk'd - "How the Griff Stole Christmas" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
The holidays arrive at Camp Kikiwaka with everyone in good spirits -- except for Griff.
Friday, December 2
- Chelsea Handler (Are You There, Chelsea?) - Watch Chelsea on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- John Goodman (Roseanne/Normal, Ohio) - John appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Andrew Rannells (Girls/The New Normal) - Andrew is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Holland Taylor (Two and a Half Men/The Powers That Be/Bosom Buddies) - Holland chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Melissa Rauch (The Big Bang Theory) - Melissa appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Busy Philipps (Vice Principals/Cougar Town) - Busy guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Randall Park (Fresh Off the Boat) - Randall stops by LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Scott Patterson (Aliens in America) - Scott is a guest on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Kevin Quinn (Bunk'd) - Kevin appears on People Now at 8:30am.
- Miss Piggy (The Muppets) - NBC's Today catches up with Miss Piggy in the 10am hour.
- Gaby Hoffmann (Transparent/Someone Like Me) - Gaby appears on Chelsea on Netflix.