Wednesday, June 27, 2012
Antenna TV Adds Barney Miller, Benson to Fall 2012 Schedule; Charlie Sheen Chooses Top 24 Two and a Half Men Episodes for FX Marathon
We already have some Fall 2012 scheduling news for Antenna TV! They will showcase two more all-time favorite sitcoms to their line-up with the airings this fall of '70s classic Barney Miller and '80s staple Benson. Antenna TV, which airs on 65 affiliates across the U.S. reaching 60% of TV households, adds both programs to the network's Sunday night schedule starting Sunday, September 9, 2012.
Barney Miller, with Hal Linden heading up an ensemble cast, originally aired on ABC from 1975 to 1982 and will air on Antenna TV Sundays at 8-9pm ET/5-6pm PT. Benson, with Robert Guillaume in the lead role, aired from 1979 to 1986 on ABC, as a spin-off from Soap. Antenna TV will air the series as back-to-back hours on Sunday nights, with Soap continuing to air at 11pm-12am ET/8-9pm PT and Benson following at midnight-1am ET/9pm-10pm PT.
The rest of the Antenna TV Fall 2012 schedule will be announced later this summer, as part of our annual Fall cable schedule barrage starting in mid to late July. Will there be any more new additions, time slot changes, or more airings of Barney Miller/Benson? Stay tuned! The Antenna TV schedule will continue to include vintage favorites such as Leave It To Beaver, Father Knows Best, Good Times, Three's Company and All In The Family.
Charlie Sheen fondly recalls his former series Two and a Half Men by selecting his 24 favorite episodes for special 12-hour Men marathon tomorrow (Thursday, June 28) from 9:00AM-9:00PM on FX. The Two and a Half Men marathon will lead into the launch of FX's highly anticipated summer comedy block which kicks off with two back-to-back episodes of Sheen's new sitcom Anger Management at 9:00PM and 9:30PM. Afterwards, the laughs continue with the season two premiere of Wilfred at 10:00PM, the season three premiere of Louie at 10:30PM, and the debut of Brand X with Russell Brand at 11:00PM (All times are ET/PT.)
In Anger Management, Sheen stars as Charlie Goodson, a non-traditional therapist specializing in anger management. He has a successful private practice, holding sessions with his group of primary patient regulars each week, as well as performing pro bono counseling for an inmate group at a state prison. Charlie thrives on the chaos in his life while still battling his own anger issues. His life is complicated by his relationships with his own therapist/best friend (Selma Blair), an ex-wife (Shawnee Smith) whose positive outlook but poor choice in men frustrates Charlie, and their 13-year-old daughter who has OCD (Daniela Bobadilla). Michael Arden, Derek Richardson, Noureen DeWulf, and Barry Corbin also co-star. Bruce Helford serves as Executive Producer/Showrunner. Joe Roth, Mark Burg, Dave Caplan and Vince Totino are Executive Producers. Anger Management is produced by Lionsgate Television and distributed by Debmar-Mercury.
View the episode info for the top 24 Two and a Half Men episodes picked by Charlie Sheen!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, October 24
Kevin Can Wait - "Beat the Parents" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Kevin and Donna are thrilled when their son, Jack, makes friends with a boy from school, Grayden (Graydon Peter Yosowitz), however, when Donna and Kevin don’t hit it off with Grayden’s arrogant father, Vic (Ray Romano), and his pushy wife, Brandi (Lindsay Broad), they set out to sabotage the boys’ new friendship. Matt Romano guest stars as Vic’s second son, Braden.
Man with a Plan - "Pilot" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Golden Globe Award winner Matt LeBlanc stars as Adam, a contractor who starts spending more time with his three kids when his wife, Andi, goes back to work and discovers the truth all parents eventually realize—their little angels are maniacs.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Godmama Drama" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Oleg and Sophie’s plan to have Max and Caroline as Barbara’s godparents is derailed when Oleg’s domineering mother, Olga (Mercedes Ruehl), arrives from the Ukraine for the baby’s baptism and fires Max and Caroline from their godparent duties.
The Odd Couple - "Food Fight" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Oscar learns that his favorite hangout, Langford’s, is in financial trouble, he impulsively asks Felix to help save it, without considering the disastrous consequences. Also, Felix tries to make his mark on the restaurant when the owner, Fred Langford (Fred Willard), puts him in charge for a few days.
Monday, October 24
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Watch Ricky on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Kate Micucci (Raising Hope/The Big Bang Theory) - Kate is a guest on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jameela Jamil (The Good Place) - Jameela appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Aya Cash (You're the Worst) - Aya talks about You're the Worst on the AOL Build ShoW at 2pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Good Girls Revolt on People Now at 8:30am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Joey/Friends) - Matt appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Nico Tortorella (Younger) - Nico guest co-hosts The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.