Wednesday, June 27, 2012
Antenna TV Adds Barney Miller, Benson to Fall 2012 Schedule; Charlie Sheen Chooses Top 24 Two and a Half Men Episodes for FX Marathon
We already have some Fall 2012 scheduling news for Antenna TV! They will showcase two more all-time favorite sitcoms to their line-up with the airings this fall of '70s classic Barney Miller and '80s staple Benson. Antenna TV, which airs on 65 affiliates across the U.S. reaching 60% of TV households, adds both programs to the network's Sunday night schedule starting Sunday, September 9, 2012.
Barney Miller, with Hal Linden heading up an ensemble cast, originally aired on ABC from 1975 to 1982 and will air on Antenna TV Sundays at 8-9pm ET/5-6pm PT. Benson, with Robert Guillaume in the lead role, aired from 1979 to 1986 on ABC, as a spin-off from Soap. Antenna TV will air the series as back-to-back hours on Sunday nights, with Soap continuing to air at 11pm-12am ET/8-9pm PT and Benson following at midnight-1am ET/9pm-10pm PT.
The rest of the Antenna TV Fall 2012 schedule will be announced later this summer, as part of our annual Fall cable schedule barrage starting in mid to late July. Will there be any more new additions, time slot changes, or more airings of Barney Miller/Benson? Stay tuned! The Antenna TV schedule will continue to include vintage favorites such as Leave It To Beaver, Father Knows Best, Good Times, Three's Company and All In The Family.
Charlie Sheen fondly recalls his former series Two and a Half Men by selecting his 24 favorite episodes for special 12-hour Men marathon tomorrow (Thursday, June 28) from 9:00AM-9:00PM on FX. The Two and a Half Men marathon will lead into the launch of FX's highly anticipated summer comedy block which kicks off with two back-to-back episodes of Sheen's new sitcom Anger Management at 9:00PM and 9:30PM. Afterwards, the laughs continue with the season two premiere of Wilfred at 10:00PM, the season three premiere of Louie at 10:30PM, and the debut of Brand X with Russell Brand at 11:00PM (All times are ET/PT.)
In Anger Management, Sheen stars as Charlie Goodson, a non-traditional therapist specializing in anger management. He has a successful private practice, holding sessions with his group of primary patient regulars each week, as well as performing pro bono counseling for an inmate group at a state prison. Charlie thrives on the chaos in his life while still battling his own anger issues. His life is complicated by his relationships with his own therapist/best friend (Selma Blair), an ex-wife (Shawnee Smith) whose positive outlook but poor choice in men frustrates Charlie, and their 13-year-old daughter who has OCD (Daniela Bobadilla). Michael Arden, Derek Richardson, Noureen DeWulf, and Barry Corbin also co-star. Bruce Helford serves as Executive Producer/Showrunner. Joe Roth, Mark Burg, Dave Caplan and Vince Totino are Executive Producers. Anger Management is produced by Lionsgate Television and distributed by Debmar-Mercury.
View the episode info for the top 24 Two and a Half Men episodes picked by Charlie Sheen!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, January 20
Last Man Standing - "A House Divided" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Mike and Vanessa ask newlyweds Mandy and Kyle to tone down their constant displays of affection, Mandy agrees but only if her parents become more discreet in the way they express their feelings to each other. Meanwhile, Kristen gets Eve a gig playing at the Grill, but Ed wants to fire her after a lackluster performance.
Dr. Ken - "A Day in the Life" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Amy (guest star Yvette Nicole Brown), the producer of a documentary health series, follows Ken around to record a typical day at an HMO, giving Ken his big moment in the limelight. But much to Ken’s chagrin, a series of the less than thrilling day-to-day parts of the job at Welltopia leads Ken to doubt his own career choice.
Friday, January 20
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Catch Anthony on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- JoAnna Garcia Swisher (Reba/Better with You) - JoAnna visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Jim Gaffigan (The Jim Gaffigan Show/My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim stops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela drops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community) - Ken is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He also appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Nicole Byer (Loosely, Exactly Nicole) - Nicole appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Joe Jonas (Jonas L.A.) - Joe guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Bernadette Peters (Mozart in the Jungle/All's Fair) - Bernadette is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Queen Latifah (Living Single) - Queen Latifah is a guest on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Andrew Dice Clay (Bless This House/Hitz) - Andrew stops by Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Johnny Galecki (The Big Bang Theory/Roseanne - Johnny discusses his role in the new film, Rings, and dishes on this season of The Big Bang Theory on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.