Monday, April 23, 2012
TV Land Brings Back I Love Lucy in June 2012; Good Morning America's TV Reunion Blowout: One Day at a Time, Laverne & Shirley, and More
In primetime, Home Improvement remains at 8pm into Everybody Loves Raymond in the 9pm hour. Now The King of Queens block will move to 10pm-12am, as the second hour of Raymond will move to 1am. TV Land will air new addition That '70s Show in the 12am hour, so its lead-in is King of Queens and its lead-out is Raymond. In late night, 2am will be Roseanne, followed by two episodes of Three's Company at 2:30am & 3am. Then it's another Roseanne at 3:30am leading into an hour of Home Improvement at 4am, which moves up an hour, as That '70s Show will get an encore in the 5am hour. This means The Nanny is off of the TV Land line-up come June with the addition of That '70s Show.
How about on weekends? Well primetime and late night will look like it does on weeknights from 8am-6am. Weekend mornings kicks off with a mix of Roseanne and Three's Company from 6-9am. 9am-11am on Saturdays is I Love Lucy, followed by Extreme Makeover: Home Edition from 11am-2pm. From 2-4pm on most Saturdays will be an hour each of Good Times and The Jeffersons, the only time you'll see these two comedies now. A movie follows at 4pm leading into Home Improvement from 6:30-9pm. On Sundays, an original sitcom block airs from 9-11am leading into I Love Lucy which will air from 11am-4:30pm on most Sundays, leading into M*A*S*H from 4:30pm-9pm, as Home Improvement is preempted on Sundays at 8pm.
As for original programming, TV Land will have the season finales of Hot in Cleveland and Happily Divorced on Wednesday, June 6 at 10pm. TV Land will air new series The Soul Man starring Cedric the Entertainer starting Wednesday, June 20 at 10pm leading into season two of The Exes at 10:30pm. Both series will have 12 episodes this season. The second season of Retired at 35 will air Tuesdays at 10pm starting June 26 for ten episodes. On Sunday, June 24 TV Land Presents The 2012 AFI Life Achievement Award: Shirley MacLaine from 9-11pm. Saturday movies in May and June include Stir Crazy, The Golden Child, Coming to America, Barber Shop 2, and Beauty Shop. Stunts for June are the That '70s Show launch marathon from Friday, June 1 to Sunday, June 3, 9pm-12am each night. An Andy Griffith Show Memorial Day marathon on May 28 from 10am-2pm. That's all we have for June, it's one of the busiest months for TV Land in terms of new additions in a while, so that's a good sign! Stay with us for continued updates.
Sticking to classic TV, the 10th Annual TV Land Awards are coming up next Sunday (April 29) and will feature reunions of Murphy Brown, In Living Color, One Day at a Time and Laverne & Shirley. But before the awards air, ABC's Good Morning America has interviewed the cast of each show in detail as part of their "TV Reunion Blowout!" GMA news anchor Josh Elliott and lifestyle anchor Lara Spencer sat down with each cast at the TV Land Awards to reminisce about these classic series and how it feels reuniting after all these years! GMA aired the Murphy Brown reunion on Friday (watch here), but the rest will air starting Wednesday with In Living Color, then One Day at a Time on Thursday and Laverne & Shirley on Friday. Tune in to ABC in the 8am hour on these days for these classic reunions! "This is it!"
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, December 3
Henry Danger - "Dodging Danger" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Henry uses his new super power to compete in a Dodge-A-Leen tournament, Ray, Schwoz, and Charlotte go undercover to teach Henry a lesson.
Monday, December 5
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Watch Will on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jason Bateman (Arrested Development/The Hogan Family/It's Your Move) - Jason visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Gael García Bernal (Mozart in the Jungle) - Gael is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Steve Agee (The Sarah Silverman Program) - Steve appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- The Cast of Fuller House - The cast of Fuller House are guests on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Patricia stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Miss Piggy (The Muppets) - Miss Piggy and Harry perform Deck the Halls on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Meredith Hagner (Search Party/Men at Work) - Meredith is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Lauren Graham (The Odd Couple/Conrad Bloom/Townies) - Lauren appears on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. talks about Office Christmas Party on the AOL Build Show at 3pm. He will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. He can also be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 9:50am.
- Bradley Whitford (Happyish/Trophy Wife) - Bradley is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Josh McDermitt (Retired at 35) - Josh can be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 10:45am.
- Erinn Hayes (Kevin Can Wait/Guys with Kids/Worst Week) - Erinn talks about Kevin Can Wait on the AOL Build Show at 4pm.