Monday, April 23, 2012
TV Land Brings Back I Love Lucy in June 2012; Good Morning America's TV Reunion Blowout: One Day at a Time, Laverne & Shirley, and More
In primetime, Home Improvement remains at 8pm into Everybody Loves Raymond in the 9pm hour. Now The King of Queens block will move to 10pm-12am, as the second hour of Raymond will move to 1am. TV Land will air new addition That '70s Show in the 12am hour, so its lead-in is King of Queens and its lead-out is Raymond. In late night, 2am will be Roseanne, followed by two episodes of Three's Company at 2:30am & 3am. Then it's another Roseanne at 3:30am leading into an hour of Home Improvement at 4am, which moves up an hour, as That '70s Show will get an encore in the 5am hour. This means The Nanny is off of the TV Land line-up come June with the addition of That '70s Show.
How about on weekends? Well primetime and late night will look like it does on weeknights from 8am-6am. Weekend mornings kicks off with a mix of Roseanne and Three's Company from 6-9am. 9am-11am on Saturdays is I Love Lucy, followed by Extreme Makeover: Home Edition from 11am-2pm. From 2-4pm on most Saturdays will be an hour each of Good Times and The Jeffersons, the only time you'll see these two comedies now. A movie follows at 4pm leading into Home Improvement from 6:30-9pm. On Sundays, an original sitcom block airs from 9-11am leading into I Love Lucy which will air from 11am-4:30pm on most Sundays, leading into M*A*S*H from 4:30pm-9pm, as Home Improvement is preempted on Sundays at 8pm.
As for original programming, TV Land will have the season finales of Hot in Cleveland and Happily Divorced on Wednesday, June 6 at 10pm. TV Land will air new series The Soul Man starring Cedric the Entertainer starting Wednesday, June 20 at 10pm leading into season two of The Exes at 10:30pm. Both series will have 12 episodes this season. The second season of Retired at 35 will air Tuesdays at 10pm starting June 26 for ten episodes. On Sunday, June 24 TV Land Presents The 2012 AFI Life Achievement Award: Shirley MacLaine from 9-11pm. Saturday movies in May and June include Stir Crazy, The Golden Child, Coming to America, Barber Shop 2, and Beauty Shop. Stunts for June are the That '70s Show launch marathon from Friday, June 1 to Sunday, June 3, 9pm-12am each night. An Andy Griffith Show Memorial Day marathon on May 28 from 10am-2pm. That's all we have for June, it's one of the busiest months for TV Land in terms of new additions in a while, so that's a good sign! Stay with us for continued updates.
Sticking to classic TV, the 10th Annual TV Land Awards are coming up next Sunday (April 29) and will feature reunions of Murphy Brown, In Living Color, One Day at a Time and Laverne & Shirley. But before the awards air, ABC's Good Morning America has interviewed the cast of each show in detail as part of their "TV Reunion Blowout!" GMA news anchor Josh Elliott and lifestyle anchor Lara Spencer sat down with each cast at the TV Land Awards to reminisce about these classic series and how it feels reuniting after all these years! GMA aired the Murphy Brown reunion on Friday (watch here), but the rest will air starting Wednesday with In Living Color, then One Day at a Time on Thursday and Laverne & Shirley on Friday. Tune in to ABC in the 8am hour on these days for these classic reunions! "This is it!"
New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July)
06/14 - Ballers - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
06/14 - The League - Season 7 - The Final Fantasy
06/14 - The League - The Complete Series
06/14 - Maude - The Complete Fifth Season
06/14 - Survivor's Remorse - The Complete Second Season
06/21 - Workaholics - Season Six
06/24 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
06/28 - Two Guys and a Girl - The Complete Series
07/08 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
07/12 - Grady - The Best of Grady
07/26 - Family Mattters - The Complete Seventh Season
07/26 - Where's Huddles? - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, July 30
Last Man Standing - "Tanks for the Memories" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Mike is anxious to buy the miniature tank collection once belonging to the late husband of his neighbor, Helen Potts (Patricia Richardson). But when he discovers Helen already sold the collection, he goes to extremes to make the collection his own. Meanwhile, Kristin and Ed are concerned when a mysterious “Bubba X” posts a scathing review about their dining experience at the Outdoor Man Restaurant.
Dr. Ken - "Kevin O'Connell" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Ken is taken aback when he meets Allison’s former boyfriend Kevin O’Connell (guest star Will Yun Lee, “The Wolverine”), now a very hot and successful doctor. So when Ken is asked to speak at a banquet honoring Kevin, he uses the opportunity more as a roast. Meanwhile, Molly struggles with a school assignment asking for what she wants to be when she grows up.
The Thundermans - "Robin Hood: Prince of Heebs" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Chloe announces that Max is her favorite sibling, Phoebe tries to show her the "real" Max by telling a Robin Hood-style bedtime story about the great Phoebe Hood and the evil Maxingham.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "New Kid on the Block"
(Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
The Quads try to make friends with their new neighbor in order to get access to the coolest treehouse ever, but soon find out she is not what she seems.
Legendary Dudas - "King Sam; Karate Kids" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Sam impresses his new classmates with an epic birthday party, but his extravagance leads to a bill he can't pay. Hoping to earn a spot on a television talent show, Tyler convinces Carter to revive their old martial arts act.
Monday, August 1
- Simon Helberg (The Big Bang Theory) - Watch Simon on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Florence Foster Jenkins on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Shiri Appleby (Sunday Dinner) Constance Zimmer (Entourage/Good Morning, Miami) - Shiri and Constance are guests on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. They also talk about UnREAL on The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. Constance will be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Thomas Middleditch, Kumail Nanjiani and Zach Woods (Silicon Valley) - Thomas, Kumail and Zach are guests on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Jack Black (The Brink) - Jack appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Olivia Munn (Perfect Couples) - Olivia is a guest on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Will and the cast of Suicide Squad are guests on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Jessie T. Usher (Survivor's Remorse) - Jessie shares his One Last Thing on People Now at 8:30am.
- Anna Gunn (Down the Shore) - Anna is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Cameron Esposito and Rhea Butcher (Take My Wife) - Cameron and Rhea discuss their new Seeso original comedy series Take My Wife on the AOL Build Show at 2:30pm.
- John Corbett (Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll/United States of Tara/Sex and the City) - John discusses his role of Flash, the much-acclaimed former lead guitarist of The Heathens, the band he formed with Johnny (Denis Leary) in the FX hit comedy Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll on the AOL Build Show at 4pm.