Monday, April 23, 2012
TV Land Brings Back I Love Lucy in June 2012; Good Morning America's TV Reunion Blowout: One Day at a Time, Laverne & Shirley, and More
In primetime, Home Improvement remains at 8pm into Everybody Loves Raymond in the 9pm hour. Now The King of Queens block will move to 10pm-12am, as the second hour of Raymond will move to 1am. TV Land will air new addition That '70s Show in the 12am hour, so its lead-in is King of Queens and its lead-out is Raymond. In late night, 2am will be Roseanne, followed by two episodes of Three's Company at 2:30am & 3am. Then it's another Roseanne at 3:30am leading into an hour of Home Improvement at 4am, which moves up an hour, as That '70s Show will get an encore in the 5am hour. This means The Nanny is off of the TV Land line-up come June with the addition of That '70s Show.
How about on weekends? Well primetime and late night will look like it does on weeknights from 8am-6am. Weekend mornings kicks off with a mix of Roseanne and Three's Company from 6-9am. 9am-11am on Saturdays is I Love Lucy, followed by Extreme Makeover: Home Edition from 11am-2pm. From 2-4pm on most Saturdays will be an hour each of Good Times and The Jeffersons, the only time you'll see these two comedies now. A movie follows at 4pm leading into Home Improvement from 6:30-9pm. On Sundays, an original sitcom block airs from 9-11am leading into I Love Lucy which will air from 11am-4:30pm on most Sundays, leading into M*A*S*H from 4:30pm-9pm, as Home Improvement is preempted on Sundays at 8pm.
As for original programming, TV Land will have the season finales of Hot in Cleveland and Happily Divorced on Wednesday, June 6 at 10pm. TV Land will air new series The Soul Man starring Cedric the Entertainer starting Wednesday, June 20 at 10pm leading into season two of The Exes at 10:30pm. Both series will have 12 episodes this season. The second season of Retired at 35 will air Tuesdays at 10pm starting June 26 for ten episodes. On Sunday, June 24 TV Land Presents The 2012 AFI Life Achievement Award: Shirley MacLaine from 9-11pm. Saturday movies in May and June include Stir Crazy, The Golden Child, Coming to America, Barber Shop 2, and Beauty Shop. Stunts for June are the That '70s Show launch marathon from Friday, June 1 to Sunday, June 3, 9pm-12am each night. An Andy Griffith Show Memorial Day marathon on May 28 from 10am-2pm. That's all we have for June, it's one of the busiest months for TV Land in terms of new additions in a while, so that's a good sign! Stay with us for continued updates.
Sticking to classic TV, the 10th Annual TV Land Awards are coming up next Sunday (April 29) and will feature reunions of Murphy Brown, In Living Color, One Day at a Time and Laverne & Shirley. But before the awards air, ABC's Good Morning America has interviewed the cast of each show in detail as part of their "TV Reunion Blowout!" GMA news anchor Josh Elliott and lifestyle anchor Lara Spencer sat down with each cast at the TV Land Awards to reminisce about these classic series and how it feels reuniting after all these years! GMA aired the Murphy Brown reunion on Friday (watch here), but the rest will air starting Wednesday with In Living Color, then One Day at a Time on Thursday and Laverne & Shirley on Friday. Tune in to ABC in the 8am hour on these days for these classic reunions! "This is it!"
New on DVD/Blu-ray (June)
06/02 - Parks and Recreation - Season Seven - The Farewell Season
06/02 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series
06/02 - Soap - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
06/02 - The Abbott and Costello Show - The Ultimate Collection
06/09 - The Facts of Life - Season Six
06/16 - The Cosby Show - Season 7 (Mill Creek)
06/16 - The Cosby Show - Season 8 (Mill Creek)
06/16 - The Cosby Show - Seasons 7 & 8 (Mill Creek)
06/16 - Laverne & Shirley - The Complete Series
06/16 - The Odd Couple - The Complete Series
06/16 - Two and a Half Men - The Complete Twelfth and Final Season
06/16 - Two and a Half Men - The Complete Series
06/23 - George Lopez - The Complete Fourth Season
06/23 - Workaholics - Season Five (Blu-ray)
06/30 - The Donna Reed Show - Season 3 (MPI Home Video)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, July 4
The Millers - "Diggin' Up Bones" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
In an attempt to get Carol to be more daring, Kip encourages her to confront her former Central Elementary School work nemesis at the woman’s retirement party. Molly Shannon guest stars as Miss Pam, Carol’s former work rival.
The Millers - "When the Pope Comes Marching In" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When the Pope is scheduled to come to town, Nathan’s planned week-long series of reports hits a snag when Ray gets a job offer to become the cameraman for a rival field reporter.
The McCarthys - "Gerard's Engagement Party" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
The McCarthy family is reluctant to celebrate Gerard and Katrina’s engagement, but when Gerard gets on the wrong Boston Harbor Cruise ship, Marjorie is forced to bond with her soon-to-be daughter-in-law. Meanwhile, Sean hits it off with Katrina’s mother, and Arthur judges Jackie for how her baby was conceived. Jean Smart guest stars as Lydia, Katrina’s mother.
The McCarthys - "Cutting the Cord" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When the McCarthys realize they have become extremely dependent on one another, they make a family bet to see who can be independent the longest. Meanwhile, Jackie hides her pregnancy while on a date.
Monday, July 6
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly) - Watch Melissa on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Hannah Simone (New Girl) - Hannah appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Aziz Ansari (Parks and Recreation) - Aziz is a guest on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Tune in to see Cristela on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Debra Messing (Will & Grace) - Debra stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Damon Wayans Jr. (New Girl/Happy Endings) - Damon appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Nick Jonas (Jonas L.A.) - Nick drops by The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- John O'Hurley (Seinfeld) - John appears on The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Lea Thompson (Caroline in the City) - Lea is a guest on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- Raven-Symone (That's So Raven/Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/The Cosby Show) - Raven-Symone chats on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Zachary Levi (Less Than Perfect) - Zachary talks about Geeks Who Drink on NBC's Today in the 10am hour and on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. He will also be on People Now and the AOL Build Show.
- Sara Rue (Impastor/Malibu Country/Less Than Perfect) - Sara discusses her new TV Land comedy Impastor on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Ashley Tisdale (Clipped/The Suite Life of Zack & Cody) - Ashley is tentatively scheduled to appear on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Sheryl Lee Ralph (Instant Mom/Moesha/It's a Living) - Sheryl is tentatively scheduled to be part of the Plugged-In panel on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso appears on The Boris and Nicole Show, which airs on select Fox-owned stations, so check your local listings.
- Nicole Ari Parker (Second Time Around) - Nicole and her husband Boris Kodjoe are guests on People Now.