Thursday, April 26, 2012
TV One is inviting you to spend Mother's Day afternoon with them as they present a Good Times marathon on Sunday, May 13, 2012. The marathon will be a short three-hour block, but it will feature classic episodes dealing with mom Florida Evans. The block will air from 4-7pm. Encores of the upcoming TV One original series My Momma Throws Down will lead-in from 12-4pm. The series is an original food competition show where the only thing that matters in the end is taste. But, along with healthy portions of food, these contestants and their families will be serving up a serious side-order of attitude as family dynamics becomes as important as the competition itself. The series premieres Friday, Mat 4 at 8pm. Anyway, back to Good Times, some of storylines in the marathon include Florida's strange behavior has the family and Willona wondering whats wrong with her, as Michael thinks shes beginning menopause while Willona believes shes fed up with the boredom that comes with being a housewife. In another episode, the kids feel Florida has been spending too much time alone and they decide to cancel their plans and spend an evening with their mom but Florida surprises them all and goes out with Willona as she takes her to a local night spot where they have an exciting evening. In a two-part episode, a student whom Florida drives to school on her bus, becomes the center of attention when Florida discovers he has a hearing problem and his mother refuses to believe Florida's suspicions. Don't miss the motherly marathon on Mother's Day on TV One!
CBS has finally announced its summer schedule. CBS will heat up summer with the return of its reality franchise Big Brother, the new unscripted dating series 3 and the previously announced Dogs in the City. The new season of Big Brother, hosted Julie Chen, premieres Thursday, July 12 at 9:00 PM, ET/PT with the first of its three weekly broadcasts. It will also be broadcast Wednesdays at 8:00 PM ET/PT, beginning July 18 and Sundays at 8:00 PM ET/PT, beginning July 15. The new dating series 3 is where three single women of different ages, life experiences and backgrounds meet for the first time with a common goal - finding true love - has a special 90-minute premiere Sunday, July 22 from 9:00-10:30 PM, ET/PT. Additional episodes will be one-hour, creating a new nightly two-hour reality block with Big Brother from 8-10PM on Sunday nights. As previously announced, the new reality series Dogs in the City, starring New York City dog guru Justin Silver, a master at resolving issues between canines and their owners - no matter whose behavior is at fault - premieres Wednesday, May 30 at 8:00 PM, ET/PT and will run through July 11, keeping the time period warm until Big Brother returns July 18.
Everything on CBS summer will likely be repeats, with the exception of news magazines 48 Hours and 60 Minutes. Repeats of the Monday comedies and Hawaii Five-0 is likely on Mondays. On Tuesdays, NCIS and NCIS: LA is likely to repeat, but 10pm is still a question mark. Wednesdays will be new with reality at 8pm, followed likely by repeats of Criminal Minds and CSI. Thursdays is likely Big Bang and another comedy in the 8pm hour leading into Big Brother. At 10pm, possibly Person of Interest will air repeats in the time period. Perhaps on Fridays, The Mentalist will encore with CSI: NY and Blue Bloods. And finally on Sundays, 60 Minutes of course will lead into the new reality block from 8-10pm, possibly leading into repeats of The Good Wife at 10pm. The repeat schedule all depends likely on what CBS plans in the fall, and we will know in a month. So stay tuned...
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, March 25
Henry Danger - "Gas or Fail" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Captain Man finds himself trapped underground, Henry must devise a way to sneak out of his school's standardized testing to save Ray.
Game Shakers - "Llama Llama Spit Spit" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After the Game Shakers get kicked out of Fooders to make room for a guest who has his photo on the wall, Babe becomes determined to get their own photo up using any means necessary.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "To Be Invited or Not to Be" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
The quads make a new friend, an amazing inventor, but when not all of them get invited back to hang out again, they start to wonder why.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Better Late Than Never" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
A missed call leaves Danny and his family in a bad place.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Make Up or Make Out" (OWN, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Still upset with his friends, Danny takes the advice of his family.
Sunday, March 26
- Sanaa Lathan (Family Guy/The Cleveland Show/LateLine) - Catch Sanaa on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Richard Dreyfuss (Your Family or Mine) - Richard appears on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) and Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) - Lily and Jane are guests on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. They also chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Rachel Dratch (Imaginary Mary) - Rachel is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Pete Holmes (Crashing) - Pete stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/1600 Penn/Accidentally on Purpose/Courting Alex/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ron Funches (Powerless/Undateable) - Ron is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kaitlin Olson (The Mick/It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) - Kaitlin drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi appears on a repeat of Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Mark Consuelos (Alpha House/Hope & Faith) - Mark guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Tahj Mowry, Derek Theler and Jean-Luc Bilodeau (Baby Daddy) - Tahj, Derek and Jean-Luc are guests on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Vanessa Bell Calloway (Rhythm & Blues) - Vanessa is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- June Diane Raphael (Grace and Frankie) - June talks about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben talk TV Land's Nobodies on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brookyln stops by People Now at 8:30am.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia opens up about her favorite part of being in the 50 Shades movies on People Now at 8:30am. \
- Tracee Ellis Ross (black-ish/Girlfriends) - Tracee dishes about her Golden Globe win on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.