Thursday, April 26, 2012
TV One is inviting you to spend Mother's Day afternoon with them as they present a Good Times marathon on Sunday, May 13, 2012. The marathon will be a short three-hour block, but it will feature classic episodes dealing with mom Florida Evans. The block will air from 4-7pm. Encores of the upcoming TV One original series My Momma Throws Down will lead-in from 12-4pm. The series is an original food competition show where the only thing that matters in the end is taste. But, along with healthy portions of food, these contestants and their families will be serving up a serious side-order of attitude as family dynamics becomes as important as the competition itself. The series premieres Friday, Mat 4 at 8pm. Anyway, back to Good Times, some of storylines in the marathon include Florida's strange behavior has the family and Willona wondering whats wrong with her, as Michael thinks shes beginning menopause while Willona believes shes fed up with the boredom that comes with being a housewife. In another episode, the kids feel Florida has been spending too much time alone and they decide to cancel their plans and spend an evening with their mom but Florida surprises them all and goes out with Willona as she takes her to a local night spot where they have an exciting evening. In a two-part episode, a student whom Florida drives to school on her bus, becomes the center of attention when Florida discovers he has a hearing problem and his mother refuses to believe Florida's suspicions. Don't miss the motherly marathon on Mother's Day on TV One!
CBS has finally announced its summer schedule. CBS will heat up summer with the return of its reality franchise Big Brother, the new unscripted dating series 3 and the previously announced Dogs in the City. The new season of Big Brother, hosted Julie Chen, premieres Thursday, July 12 at 9:00 PM, ET/PT with the first of its three weekly broadcasts. It will also be broadcast Wednesdays at 8:00 PM ET/PT, beginning July 18 and Sundays at 8:00 PM ET/PT, beginning July 15. The new dating series 3 is where three single women of different ages, life experiences and backgrounds meet for the first time with a common goal - finding true love - has a special 90-minute premiere Sunday, July 22 from 9:00-10:30 PM, ET/PT. Additional episodes will be one-hour, creating a new nightly two-hour reality block with Big Brother from 8-10PM on Sunday nights. As previously announced, the new reality series Dogs in the City, starring New York City dog guru Justin Silver, a master at resolving issues between canines and their owners - no matter whose behavior is at fault - premieres Wednesday, May 30 at 8:00 PM, ET/PT and will run through July 11, keeping the time period warm until Big Brother returns July 18.
Everything on CBS summer will likely be repeats, with the exception of news magazines 48 Hours and 60 Minutes. Repeats of the Monday comedies and Hawaii Five-0 is likely on Mondays. On Tuesdays, NCIS and NCIS: LA is likely to repeat, but 10pm is still a question mark. Wednesdays will be new with reality at 8pm, followed likely by repeats of Criminal Minds and CSI. Thursdays is likely Big Bang and another comedy in the 8pm hour leading into Big Brother. At 10pm, possibly Person of Interest will air repeats in the time period. Perhaps on Fridays, The Mentalist will encore with CSI: NY and Blue Bloods. And finally on Sundays, 60 Minutes of course will lead into the new reality block from 8-10pm, possibly leading into repeats of The Good Wife at 10pm. The repeat schedule all depends likely on what CBS plans in the fall, and we will know in a month. So stay tuned...
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, January 21
The Thundermans - "Better Off Wed" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
The kids learn that Dr. Colosso ruined their parents' wedding years earlier, and want to recreate Hank & Barb's dream day as their anniversary gift. However, Dr. Colosso remains a threat, and they must keep their plans a secret.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "Keeping Up with the Quadashians" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After binge watching their favorite reality TV show, the Quads decide their lives are every bit as "reality TV" worthy, and decide to make a show of their own. Guest Stars: Maddie Ziegler, Mackenzie Ziegler
School of Rock - "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Tomika and Zack work on a love song together, leading to a moment that will change their friendship forever. Summer and Lawrence hang out together for the first time, and Freddy helps Mr. Finn with a problem.
Saturday, January 21
- Phylicia Rashad (The Cosby Show/Cosby) - Phylicia will be featured on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Watch Allison on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- William Shatner ($h*! My Dad Says) and Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Arrested Development/Out of Practice) - William and Henry are guests on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jade Catta-Preta (Manhattan Love Story) - Jade is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Wendi McClendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Justina Machado (One Day at a Time) - Justina will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry and Rebecca Romjin talk about Love Locks on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. Jerry will also be on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT and on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Retta (Parks and Recreation) - Retta talks about Girlfriend's Guide to Divorce on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.