Friday, April 06, 2012
ABC has announced most of its summer premieres for new series and returning favorites. The Bachelorette kicks it off on Monday, May 14, as previously announced but now more summer premiere dates are announced! On the first official day of summer on TV, Thursday, May 24, ABC will launch the anticipated new reality series Duets with a two-hour premiere. The season three premiere of summer crime drama Rookie Blue will follow at 10:00pm on Thursday nights. As for Duets, the Kelly Clarkson, Jennifer Nettles, Lionel Richie and Robin Thicke series will air for two-hours on May 24, May 31 and June 7. ABC will then air the NBA Finals on June 14 and if necessary on June 21, so as a result, Duets will air on Wednesdays those two weeks (June 13 and June 20) from 9:30pm-11pm. Duets will return to Thursdays after the NBA Finals concludes, which will be June 28 but it will air one-hour episodes. The season five premiere of Wipeout will air at 9pm on Thursday nights starting June 28.
Moving on to Sundays, ABC will go the reality route. Following repeats of AFV at 7pm, we have all-new seasons of Secret Millionaire at 8pm and now two-hour episodes of Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition from 9-11pm, both starting Sunday, June 3. The next announced premiere will be on Tuesday, July 10 when ABC premieres new improv series from the people that brought you Whose Line Is It Anyway? This new series, Trust Us With Your Life will premiere with back-to-back episodes in the 9pm hour. It will then air in the 9pm half-hour on Tuesday nights for the next six weeks. ABC has ordered eight episodes. Hosted by Fred Willard, featured celebrities include David Hasselhoff, Ricky Gervais, Jerry Springer, Florence Henderson, Jack & Kelly Osbourne, Jane Seymour, Serena Williams and Mark Cuban. The exciting new format finds each celebrity reminiscing about key episodes that have happened in their lives, then brilliant improvisers acting out those moments which the celebrity has just described. These key moments in the life of the guest celebrity will be improvised as straight comedy or in game formats such as forward/rewind and sideways scenes. The tone of the show is friendly, funny and cheeky. Comedians on the show include Wayne Brady and Colin Mochrie (Whose Line Is It Anyway?), along with Jonathan Mangum as the main improvisers. They will be joined by guest starring performers such as Greg Proops and Nicole Parker.
Also premiering on Tuesday nights on July 10 will be Final Witness at 10pm. The series is a compelling hybrid of documentary and drama, featuring interviews with real-life witnesses, prosecutors, law enforcement, family and friends, along with riveting scripted scenes with actors, thrusting viewers into the heart of each crime. ABC has ordered seven episodes. And the final announced summer premiere for now is the season premiere of Bachelor Pad will be on Monday, July 23 from 8-10pm after The Bachelorette concludes on July 16.
So that is all for now. More announcements for ABC summer is still to come. We still don't know what is airing Mondays at 10pm (both after The Bachelorette and Bachelor Pad), Tuesdays at 8pm (could be reruns of Last Man Standing for the hour), and Wednesdays at 10pm (besides Duets for two weeks from 9:30-11pm). Also Tuesday nights at 9:30pm is a mystery as what will air starting July 17 after Trust Us With Your Life. We are assuming ABC Laugh On Wednesday comedy repeats will air all summer on Wednesdays from 8-10pm. Fridays is expected to be repeats of Shark Tank and What Would You Do? into 20/20. Stay with us for continued updates.
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars, so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of April 9-13, 2012, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! All times listed are Eastern. So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, April 9, 2012
- Cobie Smulders (How I Met Your Mother) - Watch Cobie on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- James Van Der Beek (Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) - James stops by Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC. Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23 premieres on ABC on Wednesday at 9:30pm ET/PT.
- Billy Gardell (Mike & Molly) - Billy visits The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ian Gomez (Cougar Town/Jake in Progress) - Ian appears on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve is a guest on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Sofia Vergara (Modern Family/The Knights of Prosperity/Hot Properties) - Sofia drops by LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Sean Hayes (Will & Grace) - Catch Sean on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS. The Three Stooges opens in theaters on April 13.
- Jim Gaffigan (My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim visits The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- David Spade (Rules of Engagement/8 Simple Rules/Just Shoot Me) - David is a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- Jessica St. Clair (Best Friends Forever/In the Motherhood) - Jessica drops by The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Christina Applegate (Up All Night/Samantha Who?/Married with Children) - Christna appears NBC's Today between 7-9am. Then she will be on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings. Finally, she's a guest on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Krysten Ritter and Dreama Walker (Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) - Krysten and Dreama visit The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. Krysten will also be on ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am. Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment on 23 makes its debut on ABC on Wednesday at 9:30pm ET-PT.
- Kyla Pratt (Let's Stay Together/One on One) - The beautiful Kyla sits down with Wendy on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Joel McHale (Community) - Watch Joel on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Edie Falco (Nurse Jackie) - Edie chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Cheryl Hines (Suburgatory/Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Cheryl appears on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Brandy (The Game/Moesha) - Brandy visits LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Jessica St. Clair (Best Friends Forever/In the Motherhood) and Lennon Parham (Best Friends Forever/Accidentally on Purpose) - Jessica and Lennon are guests on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Martha Plimpton (Raising Hope) - Martha is a guest on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Danny McBride (Eastbound & Down) - Catch Danny on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- Tina Fey (30 Rock) - Tina chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. She also appears on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Larry David (Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Larry is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Jim Gaffigan (My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim continues to make the rounds on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Edie Falco (Nurse Jackie) - Edie visits The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT. She will also be on Anderson, so check your local listings.
- Laura Linney (The Big C) - Laura appears on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Joel McHale (Community) - Joel guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly on Thursday and Friday, so check your listings.
- Maya Rudolph (Up All Night) - Tune in to see Maya on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Cheryl Hines (Suburgatory/Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Cheryl is a guest on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus (The New Adventures of Old Christine/Seinfeld) - Watch Julia on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Jason Segel (How I Met Your Mother) - Jason visits The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Sean Hayes (Will & Grace) - Sean continues to make the rounds The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings. He will also be on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Martha Plimpton (Raising Hope) - Martha appears on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Henry Winkler (Happy Days) - Henry discusses stroke therapy on The Doctors, so check your local listings.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, December 2
Last Man Standing - "Precious Snowflakes" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Mandy chooses local-celebrity Mike as the speaker for her business school’s graduation. After learning that the school requires his speech to be PC and micro-agression free, Mike decides whether or not to play by the rules. Meanwhile, Eve’s friend Cammy (Sarah Gilman) is home from college, bragging about how fantastic her new life has been, leaving Eve feeling slightly fruitless and discouraged.
Dr. Ken - "D.K's New Girlfriend" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When D.K. overhears Allison complain about him overstaying his welcome, he decides to move in with his girlfriend of three weeks. Meanwhile, Pat wants Dave to pretend he’s his adopted son; and Allison is convinced Molly wants to talk about something when she suggests they do a spa day, but the tables turn when Molly is the one doling out the advice.
I Love Lucy - "I Love Lucy Christmas Special" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
The I LOVE LUCY CHRISTMAS SPECIAL features “The Christmas Episode” and the newly colorized “Lucy Gets in Pictures.” Both were colorized with a vintage look, a nod to the 1950s period in which the shows were filmed. The main titles and end credits of the two episodes are seamlessly combined into one set at the beginning and end of the hour, with no interruption between the episodes.
“The Christmas Episode” finds the Ricardos and Mertzes decorating Lucy and Ricky’s Christmas tree and reminiscing about how their lives have changed since the arrival of the Ricardos’ son, Little Ricky (Keith Thibodeaux). Flashbacks recall the night Lucy tells Ricky she is pregnant, the time Lucy shows up unexpectedly as part of a barbershop quartet and the day Ricky and the Mertzes rehearse taking Lucy to the maternity ward.
“The Christmas Episode” was first broadcast on CBS in December 1956. The episode was not included in the series’ long history of rebroadcasts, first on CBS Daytime and later in syndication. Thought to be lost, CBS rediscovered the episode in 1989.
In the newly colorized “Lucy Gets in Pictures,” Lucy’s lifelong dream of appearing in a motion picture seems to have come true when Ricky arranges for her to play a showgirl in a new musical. Unfortunately, the enormous feathered headdress she is expected to wear as she descends a staircase proves to be too cumbersome. After numerous mishaps on the stairs, the musical’s frustrated director (Lou Krugman) decides to make a change.
“Lucy Gets in Pictures” was originally broadcast Feb. 21, 1955, and was an immediate favorite not only of viewers, but of Lucille Ball herself. She restaged the famous headdress scene, again with Krugman, in the 1962 CBS special, “Opening Night,” and in 1965 in a slightly modified form, this time with actor Danny Thomas, in her second CBS series, “The Lucy Show.”
Liv and Maddie: Cali Style - "Cali Christmas-a-Rooney" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Maddie gets upset that she can't be in Wisconsin for Christmas, so Liv helps cheer her up.
Girl Meets World - "Girl Meets a Christmas Maya" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
As Christmas approaches, Riley gets excited to celebrate her favorite holiday, but for Maya, the holidays only bring back unhappy memories from her childhood.
Bunk'd - "How the Griff Stole Christmas" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
The holidays arrive at Camp Kikiwaka with everyone in good spirits -- except for Griff.
Friday, December 2
- Chelsea Handler (Are You There, Chelsea?) - Watch Chelsea on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- John Goodman (Roseanne/Normal, Ohio) - John appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Andrew Rannells (Girls/The New Normal) - Andrew is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Holland Taylor (Two and a Half Men/The Powers That Be/Bosom Buddies) - Holland chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Melissa Rauch (The Big Bang Theory) - Melissa appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Busy Philipps (Vice Principals/Cougar Town) - Busy guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Randall Park (Fresh Off the Boat) - Randall stops by LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Scott Patterson (Aliens in America) - Scott is a guest on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Kevin Quinn (Bunk'd) - Kevin appears on People Now at 8:30am.
- Miss Piggy (The Muppets) - NBC's Today catches up with Miss Piggy in the 10am hour.
- Gaby Hoffmann (Transparent/Someone Like Me) - Gaby appears on Chelsea on Netflix.