Friday, April 06, 2012
ABC has announced most of its summer premieres for new series and returning favorites. The Bachelorette kicks it off on Monday, May 14, as previously announced but now more summer premiere dates are announced! On the first official day of summer on TV, Thursday, May 24, ABC will launch the anticipated new reality series Duets with a two-hour premiere. The season three premiere of summer crime drama Rookie Blue will follow at 10:00pm on Thursday nights. As for Duets, the Kelly Clarkson, Jennifer Nettles, Lionel Richie and Robin Thicke series will air for two-hours on May 24, May 31 and June 7. ABC will then air the NBA Finals on June 14 and if necessary on June 21, so as a result, Duets will air on Wednesdays those two weeks (June 13 and June 20) from 9:30pm-11pm. Duets will return to Thursdays after the NBA Finals concludes, which will be June 28 but it will air one-hour episodes. The season five premiere of Wipeout will air at 9pm on Thursday nights starting June 28.
Moving on to Sundays, ABC will go the reality route. Following repeats of AFV at 7pm, we have all-new seasons of Secret Millionaire at 8pm and now two-hour episodes of Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition from 9-11pm, both starting Sunday, June 3. The next announced premiere will be on Tuesday, July 10 when ABC premieres new improv series from the people that brought you Whose Line Is It Anyway? This new series, Trust Us With Your Life will premiere with back-to-back episodes in the 9pm hour. It will then air in the 9pm half-hour on Tuesday nights for the next six weeks. ABC has ordered eight episodes. Hosted by Fred Willard, featured celebrities include David Hasselhoff, Ricky Gervais, Jerry Springer, Florence Henderson, Jack & Kelly Osbourne, Jane Seymour, Serena Williams and Mark Cuban. The exciting new format finds each celebrity reminiscing about key episodes that have happened in their lives, then brilliant improvisers acting out those moments which the celebrity has just described. These key moments in the life of the guest celebrity will be improvised as straight comedy or in game formats such as forward/rewind and sideways scenes. The tone of the show is friendly, funny and cheeky. Comedians on the show include Wayne Brady and Colin Mochrie (Whose Line Is It Anyway?), along with Jonathan Mangum as the main improvisers. They will be joined by guest starring performers such as Greg Proops and Nicole Parker.
Also premiering on Tuesday nights on July 10 will be Final Witness at 10pm. The series is a compelling hybrid of documentary and drama, featuring interviews with real-life witnesses, prosecutors, law enforcement, family and friends, along with riveting scripted scenes with actors, thrusting viewers into the heart of each crime. ABC has ordered seven episodes. And the final announced summer premiere for now is the season premiere of Bachelor Pad will be on Monday, July 23 from 8-10pm after The Bachelorette concludes on July 16.
So that is all for now. More announcements for ABC summer is still to come. We still don't know what is airing Mondays at 10pm (both after The Bachelorette and Bachelor Pad), Tuesdays at 8pm (could be reruns of Last Man Standing for the hour), and Wednesdays at 10pm (besides Duets for two weeks from 9:30-11pm). Also Tuesday nights at 9:30pm is a mystery as what will air starting July 17 after Trust Us With Your Life. We are assuming ABC Laugh On Wednesday comedy repeats will air all summer on Wednesdays from 8-10pm. Fridays is expected to be repeats of Shark Tank and What Would You Do? into 20/20. Stay with us for continued updates.
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars, so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of April 9-13, 2012, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! All times listed are Eastern. So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, April 9, 2012
- Cobie Smulders (How I Met Your Mother) - Watch Cobie on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- James Van Der Beek (Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) - James stops by Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC. Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23 premieres on ABC on Wednesday at 9:30pm ET/PT.
- Billy Gardell (Mike & Molly) - Billy visits The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ian Gomez (Cougar Town/Jake in Progress) - Ian appears on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve is a guest on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Sofia Vergara (Modern Family/The Knights of Prosperity/Hot Properties) - Sofia drops by LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Sean Hayes (Will & Grace) - Catch Sean on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS. The Three Stooges opens in theaters on April 13.
- Jim Gaffigan (My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim visits The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- David Spade (Rules of Engagement/8 Simple Rules/Just Shoot Me) - David is a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- Jessica St. Clair (Best Friends Forever/In the Motherhood) - Jessica drops by The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Christina Applegate (Up All Night/Samantha Who?/Married with Children) - Christna appears NBC's Today between 7-9am. Then she will be on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings. Finally, she's a guest on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Krysten Ritter and Dreama Walker (Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) - Krysten and Dreama visit The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. Krysten will also be on ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am. Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment on 23 makes its debut on ABC on Wednesday at 9:30pm ET-PT.
- Kyla Pratt (Let's Stay Together/One on One) - The beautiful Kyla sits down with Wendy on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Joel McHale (Community) - Watch Joel on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Edie Falco (Nurse Jackie) - Edie chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Cheryl Hines (Suburgatory/Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Cheryl appears on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Brandy (The Game/Moesha) - Brandy visits LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Jessica St. Clair (Best Friends Forever/In the Motherhood) and Lennon Parham (Best Friends Forever/Accidentally on Purpose) - Jessica and Lennon are guests on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Martha Plimpton (Raising Hope) - Martha is a guest on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Danny McBride (Eastbound & Down) - Catch Danny on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- Tina Fey (30 Rock) - Tina chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. She also appears on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Larry David (Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Larry is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Jim Gaffigan (My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim continues to make the rounds on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Edie Falco (Nurse Jackie) - Edie visits The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT. She will also be on Anderson, so check your local listings.
- Laura Linney (The Big C) - Laura appears on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Joel McHale (Community) - Joel guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly on Thursday and Friday, so check your listings.
- Maya Rudolph (Up All Night) - Tune in to see Maya on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Cheryl Hines (Suburgatory/Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Cheryl is a guest on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus (The New Adventures of Old Christine/Seinfeld) - Watch Julia on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Jason Segel (How I Met Your Mother) - Jason visits The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Sean Hayes (Will & Grace) - Sean continues to make the rounds The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings. He will also be on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Martha Plimpton (Raising Hope) - Martha appears on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Henry Winkler (Happy Days) - Henry discusses stroke therapy on The Doctors, so check your local listings.
The Big Bang Theory - "The Itchy Brain Simulation" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Leonard tries to keep Sheldon from overreacting when a past mistake comes to light, but Sheldon punishes Leonard by making him walk a mile in his shoes. Meanwhile, Penny confronts Raj’s ex-girlfriend, Lucy.
The Big Bang Theory - "The Scavenger Vortex" (CBS, 8:30PM T/PT) (Repeat)
When the entire gang competes in a scavenger hunt designed by Raj, it brings out the best – and worst – in everyone.
The Crazy Ones - "The Monster" / "The Lighthouse" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Season Finale)
"The Monster" - Simon and the team try an out-of-the-box idea in order to save a library from being shut down, and Gordon literally becomes the unwilling poster boy for the campaign. Brad Garrett returns as Gordon Lewis, Gayle King guest stars as herself and Melody Thomas Scott guest stars as Flora, the librarian.
"The Lighthouse" - When a corporation wants to buy out Lewis, Roberts+Roberts, Gordon calls in the board to vote, and Simon’s ex-wife and Sydney’s mom has the final say. Brad Garrett returns as Gordon Lewis and Marilu Henner guest stars as Simon’s ex-wife and Sydney’s mother.
Surviving Jack - "Rhythm Is a Dancer" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
It's homecoming night, but Frankie is bummed that his crush, Heather (guest star Lili Reinhart), is promised to another date and Rachel is protesting the school's "No Grinding" policy. Meanwhile, with the kids out of the house, Jack and Joanne (Rachael Harris) are planning a passionate night to themselves.
Community - "Basic Sandwich" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Season Finale)
The group learns the history of Greendale’s first Dean, Russell Borchert (guest star Chris Elliott, “Eagleheart”), a reclusive, wealthy genius who disappeared amid a personal scandal in the 1970s. Once Shirley (Yvette Nicole Brown) and Hickey (Jonathan Banks) locate the school’s blueprints, Annie (Alison Brie) and Abed (Danny Pudi) lead the search for Borchert’s old computer lab, which was sealed off years ago. Subway returns to Greendale with plans to take over the campus for a Subway University and they enlist Chang (Ken Jeong) to secretly keep tabs on the study group. Meanwhile, Jeff (Joel McHale) and Britta (Gillian Jacobs) make a grown-up decision about their futures.
Parks and Recreation - "One in 8,000" (NBC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Leslie (Amy Poehler) and Ben (Adam Scott) run a charity auction to raise funds for the unity concert. April (Aubrey Plaza) steps in to manage Andy’s (Chris Pratt) schedule, while Donna (Retta) asks Ron (Nick Offerman) for help with her ex-boyfriend (Special Guest Star KEEGAN MICHAEL-KEY).
Sirens - "Itsy Bitsy Spider" (USA Network, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Hank fears spiders; Brian encounters his suicidal doppelganger; Johnny gets payback.
Saint George - "Hit Me With Your Best Shot" (FX, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Hit Me with Your Best Shot - George kicks Alma out of his house and discovers he misses fighting with her.
Anger Management - "Charlie Catches Jordan in the Act" (FX, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Charlie goes ballistic when a drunk Jordan makes out with a prisoner.
- "Buy Any Jeans Necessary" (Nick at Nite, 8:00PM ET/PT)
After Gabby is held for shoplifting for returning a pair of jeans with the sensor still on, Stephanie and Charlie take sides. Meanwhile, James is selling their unopened wedding presents to make extra cash.
See Dad Run - "See Dad Teach Emily to Drive" (Nick at Nite, 8:30PM ET/PT)
David takes Emily out driving, but his "coaching" makes her nervous, and he insists Emily's not ready for the responsibility. Later, Janie discovers Dr. Monkey Chunks was run over in the driveway, and now everyone is a suspect.
Thursday, April 17
- Billy Crystal (Soap) - Catch Billy on a repeat of The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Tony Hale (Veep/Arrested Development) - Tony appears on a repeat of The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Brooklyn Decker (Friends with Better Lives) - Brooklyn is part of the guest panel on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Tracy Morgan (30 Rock/The Tracy Morgan Show) - Tracy visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Judy Greer (Mad Love/Arrested Development/Miss Guided) - Judy drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- David Duchovny (Californication) - David talks about the new season of Californication on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Max Greenfield (New Girl) - Max speaks about the new film About Alex on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Chelsea Handler (Are You There, Chelsea?) - Chelsea chats on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Whoopi Goldberg (Whoopi/Bagdad Cafe) - Whoopi talks about her new Lifetime movie A Day Late and a Dollar Short on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Edie Falco (Nurse Jackie) - Edie talks about Nurse Jackie on NBC's Today between 7-9am.
- Heather Graham (Californication) - Heather talks about Californication on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Jeremy Piven (Entourage/Ellen) - Jeremy is a guest on The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- Margo Martindale (The Millers) - Margo will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother/Doogie Howser, M.D.) - Neil discusses his new role on Broadway in Hedwig and the Angry Itch on ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am.
- Jason Alexander (Seinfeld/Listen Up) - Jason is a guest on Larry King Now at 2/5pm PT/ET on Ora.tv and Hulu.
- Valerie Harper (Rhoda/The Mary Tyler Moore Show/Valerie) - Valerie talks about Signed, Sealed, Delivered on Fox & Friends on Fox News Channel. She will be on Fox News Radio at 8:45am. She takes a SiriusXM Radio tour with Perri Peltz Shade 45 with SWAY, Morrning Jolt with Larry Flick, Entertainment Weekly Radio between 9:35-11:20am.
- Marlo Thomas (That Girl) - Marlo will be on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York at 9:20am.
- Ana Ortiz (A.U.S.A./Kristin) - Ana chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. She also talks about the new season of Devious Maids (premieres April 20 at 10pm on Lifetime) on Arise TV.