Friday, April 06, 2012
ABC has announced most of its summer premieres for new series and returning favorites. The Bachelorette kicks it off on Monday, May 14, as previously announced but now more summer premiere dates are announced! On the first official day of summer on TV, Thursday, May 24, ABC will launch the anticipated new reality series Duets with a two-hour premiere. The season three premiere of summer crime drama Rookie Blue will follow at 10:00pm on Thursday nights. As for Duets, the Kelly Clarkson, Jennifer Nettles, Lionel Richie and Robin Thicke series will air for two-hours on May 24, May 31 and June 7. ABC will then air the NBA Finals on June 14 and if necessary on June 21, so as a result, Duets will air on Wednesdays those two weeks (June 13 and June 20) from 9:30pm-11pm. Duets will return to Thursdays after the NBA Finals concludes, which will be June 28 but it will air one-hour episodes. The season five premiere of Wipeout will air at 9pm on Thursday nights starting June 28.
Moving on to Sundays, ABC will go the reality route. Following repeats of AFV at 7pm, we have all-new seasons of Secret Millionaire at 8pm and now two-hour episodes of Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition from 9-11pm, both starting Sunday, June 3. The next announced premiere will be on Tuesday, July 10 when ABC premieres new improv series from the people that brought you Whose Line Is It Anyway? This new series, Trust Us With Your Life will premiere with back-to-back episodes in the 9pm hour. It will then air in the 9pm half-hour on Tuesday nights for the next six weeks. ABC has ordered eight episodes. Hosted by Fred Willard, featured celebrities include David Hasselhoff, Ricky Gervais, Jerry Springer, Florence Henderson, Jack & Kelly Osbourne, Jane Seymour, Serena Williams and Mark Cuban. The exciting new format finds each celebrity reminiscing about key episodes that have happened in their lives, then brilliant improvisers acting out those moments which the celebrity has just described. These key moments in the life of the guest celebrity will be improvised as straight comedy or in game formats such as forward/rewind and sideways scenes. The tone of the show is friendly, funny and cheeky. Comedians on the show include Wayne Brady and Colin Mochrie (Whose Line Is It Anyway?), along with Jonathan Mangum as the main improvisers. They will be joined by guest starring performers such as Greg Proops and Nicole Parker.
Also premiering on Tuesday nights on July 10 will be Final Witness at 10pm. The series is a compelling hybrid of documentary and drama, featuring interviews with real-life witnesses, prosecutors, law enforcement, family and friends, along with riveting scripted scenes with actors, thrusting viewers into the heart of each crime. ABC has ordered seven episodes. And the final announced summer premiere for now is the season premiere of Bachelor Pad will be on Monday, July 23 from 8-10pm after The Bachelorette concludes on July 16.
So that is all for now. More announcements for ABC summer is still to come. We still don't know what is airing Mondays at 10pm (both after The Bachelorette and Bachelor Pad), Tuesdays at 8pm (could be reruns of Last Man Standing for the hour), and Wednesdays at 10pm (besides Duets for two weeks from 9:30-11pm). Also Tuesday nights at 9:30pm is a mystery as what will air starting July 17 after Trust Us With Your Life. We are assuming ABC Laugh On Wednesday comedy repeats will air all summer on Wednesdays from 8-10pm. Fridays is expected to be repeats of Shark Tank and What Would You Do? into 20/20. Stay with us for continued updates.
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars, so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of April 9-13, 2012, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! All times listed are Eastern. So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, April 9, 2012
- Cobie Smulders (How I Met Your Mother) - Watch Cobie on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- James Van Der Beek (Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) - James stops by Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC. Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23 premieres on ABC on Wednesday at 9:30pm ET/PT.
- Billy Gardell (Mike & Molly) - Billy visits The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ian Gomez (Cougar Town/Jake in Progress) - Ian appears on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve is a guest on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Sofia Vergara (Modern Family/The Knights of Prosperity/Hot Properties) - Sofia drops by LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Sean Hayes (Will & Grace) - Catch Sean on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS. The Three Stooges opens in theaters on April 13.
- Jim Gaffigan (My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim visits The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- David Spade (Rules of Engagement/8 Simple Rules/Just Shoot Me) - David is a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- Jessica St. Clair (Best Friends Forever/In the Motherhood) - Jessica drops by The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Christina Applegate (Up All Night/Samantha Who?/Married with Children) - Christna appears NBC's Today between 7-9am. Then she will be on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings. Finally, she's a guest on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Krysten Ritter and Dreama Walker (Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) - Krysten and Dreama visit The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. Krysten will also be on ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am. Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment on 23 makes its debut on ABC on Wednesday at 9:30pm ET-PT.
- Kyla Pratt (Let's Stay Together/One on One) - The beautiful Kyla sits down with Wendy on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Joel McHale (Community) - Watch Joel on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Edie Falco (Nurse Jackie) - Edie chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Cheryl Hines (Suburgatory/Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Cheryl appears on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Brandy (The Game/Moesha) - Brandy visits LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Jessica St. Clair (Best Friends Forever/In the Motherhood) and Lennon Parham (Best Friends Forever/Accidentally on Purpose) - Jessica and Lennon are guests on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Martha Plimpton (Raising Hope) - Martha is a guest on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Danny McBride (Eastbound & Down) - Catch Danny on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- Tina Fey (30 Rock) - Tina chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. She also appears on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Larry David (Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Larry is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Jim Gaffigan (My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim continues to make the rounds on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Edie Falco (Nurse Jackie) - Edie visits The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT. She will also be on Anderson, so check your local listings.
- Laura Linney (The Big C) - Laura appears on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Joel McHale (Community) - Joel guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly on Thursday and Friday, so check your listings.
- Maya Rudolph (Up All Night) - Tune in to see Maya on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Cheryl Hines (Suburgatory/Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Cheryl is a guest on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus (The New Adventures of Old Christine/Seinfeld) - Watch Julia on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Jason Segel (How I Met Your Mother) - Jason visits The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Sean Hayes (Will & Grace) - Sean continues to make the rounds The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings. He will also be on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Martha Plimpton (Raising Hope) - Martha appears on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Henry Winkler (Happy Days) - Henry discusses stroke therapy on The Doctors, so check your local listings.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, September 2
The Middle - "Mother's Day Reservations" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Tired of getting lousy Mother’s Day gifts year-after-year, Frankie informs Mike that she wants him to take her out for a proper afternoon tea. But Mike’s ineptness at setting up reservations online could end in disaster. Meanwhile, Mike orders Axl, Sue and Brick to put some effort into choosing a great Mother’s Day gift for Frankie; and Frankie doesn’t get the answers she was expecting when she asks each of the kids what things they would do differently than her when they become parents.
The Goldbergs - "Barry Goldberg's Day Off" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Inspired by the film “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off,” Barry fakes sick and attempts to create an epic day of his own. But soon his day off turns out to be a disaster. To salvage what’s left of it, Pops and Adam join him but they make it worse.
Modern Family - "Patriot Games" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Alex’s worst nightmare is realized when she gets news that she has to share the Valedictorian title with her number one competitor, Sunjay! Both sets of parents get equally caught up in the rivalry and convince Principal Brown to let them break the tie via a gym grade they both have not completed – a one mile run. Elsewhere, Gloria is studying for her upcoming U.S. citizenship test and a visit from Javier (guest star Benjamin Bratt) throws her off her game, and Mitch and Cam blindly agree to join a protest against a local restaurant that they are actually secretly excited about.
black-ish - "The Nod" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Dre sets out to expand Andre Jr’s social circle to include more black kids after he discovers Andre Jr. is clueless about “the nod.” Meanwhile, hoping to inspire little Diane to become a doctor, Rainbow takes her to work at the hospital… on what turns out to be the worst day ever.
The Carmichael Show - "Kale" (NBC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
After forcing Joe (David Alan Grier) and Cynthia (Loretta Devine) to try kale, Joe has a minor heart complication. In addition to Joe's stubbornness, Cynthia's steadfast enabling pushes the family into a debate about health, death, and who will lead the family as Joe and Cynthia age.
The Carmichael Show - "Gender" (NBC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Jerrod's mentee reveals a secret about his sexuality, Jerrod, Maxine (Amber Stevens West) and his family discuss their opinions on gender roles. While Jerrod attempts to understand and support the teenage boy, his brother Bobby (Lil Rel Howery) is served with divorce papers.
Young & Hungry - "Young & Unemployed" (ABC Family, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Gabi tries to land unemployed Sofia an internship with Josh; Alan wants to meet Elliot's mother.
Kevin from Work - "Roommates from Work" (ABC Family, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Kevin's house rules force Roxie to move; Kevin believes Roxie is carrying on with her co-star.
The Jim Gaffigan Show - "Superdad" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT) (also airs on Nick at Nite)
“Time Out New York” features Jim on its cover, calling him “Superdad.” Jeannie is happy for him, but upset that the article leaves out any mention of her. Jim tries to make things right.
Impastor - "Bingo Tell It on the Mountain" (TV Land, 10:30PM ET/PT) (also airs on Nick at Nite)
A new family’s arrival in town could mean the end for Buddy. Dora asks Buddy to help her overcome a bizarre addiction. Schmidt has a rendezvous with Ashlee.
Wednesday, September 2
- Amanda Peet (Togetherness/Bent) - Watch Amanda on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Bobcat Goldthwait (Unhappily Ever After) - Bobcat drops by Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Cobie Smulders (How I Met Your Mother) - Cobie is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Mark Duplass (The League/Togetherness/The Mindy Project) - Mark appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Matthew Perry (The Odd Couple/Go On/Mr. Sunshine/Friends) - Matthew is a guest on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Kevin James (The King of Queens) - Kevin visits LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Elisha Cuthbert (One Big Happy/Happy Endings), Nick Zano (One Big Happy/2 Broke Girls/What I Like About You) and Kelly Brook (One Big Happy) - The stars of One Big Happy are guests on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Joe Morton (Grady/Watch Your Mouth) - Joe appears on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Martin Sheen (Grace and Frankie/Anger Management) - Martin reveals he doesn't own a computer and dishes on his famous Grace and Frankie co-stars on a repeat of The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Mike Epps (Survivor's Remorse) - Mike appears on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- Jaleel White (Family Matters/Grown Ups) - Jaleel is a guest on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- Dania Ramirez (Entourage) - Dania guest hosts a repeat of The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Sofia Vergara (Modern Family/The Knights of Prosperity/Hot Properties) - Sofia will be on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Trinitee Stokes (K.C. Undercover) - Trinitee stops by Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Judy Greer (Married/Mad Love/Miss Guided - Judy discusses her upcoming comedy Addicted to Fresno on HuffPost Live at 1pm.
- Malin Akerman (Sin City Saints/Trophy Wife) - Malin is a guest on People Now.