Monday, December 12, 2011
We hinted that TV Land has a new acquisition coming in January and today we are revealing it. TV Land has acquired the rights to the '90s mystery drama Murder, She Wrote starring Angela Lansbury. The drama launches on New Year's Day (Sunday, Jan. 1, 2012) with a two-day marathon. On Sunday, Jan. 1 it will air from 2pm-8pm and on Monday, Jan. 2 the marathon concludes from 8am-4pm. The series will then join the schedule the next day on Tuesday, Jan. 3 and air every weekday at approx. 11:25am and 12:30pm ET/PT. The drama will also air on weekdays from 2pm-5pm. The drama will also continue to air on The Hallmark Movie Channel every weeknight.
The rest of the TV Land January 2012 schedule has some changes being made to weekday mornings. Good Times and The Jeffersons will move to the 8am hour and replace back-to-back Leave it to Beaver. Not to worry, as Beaver moves to 9am leading into The Dick Van Dyke Show at 9:30am. Both series get only one episode now each weekday. Then after that we have back-to-back episodes of The Andy Griffith Show, which TV Land has renewed. The sitcom will lead into two-hours of Murder, She Wrote as we mentioned. So what is missing? Bewitched and Sanford & Son are the odd shows out, as they are no longer going to air. TV Land Goes West in the afternoons will air Bonanza all the time from approx. 1:30pm-6pm.
On weekends, other than the addition of Murder, She Wrote from 2-5pm, everything is about the same as it is now. On Saturdays from 5pm-9pm, TV Land will air original series encores, so you'll see encores of Hot in Cleveland and The Exes in this block, with an occasional Roseanne around 7pm if the block ends earlier. TV Land movies, which airs Mondays at 8am, for January 2012 are: Stand by Me, The Addams Family, and Speed. These are airing Jan. 9, 16 and 23.
View the FULL TV Land January 2012 schedule and to discuss this new new schedule.
Bounce TV, the country's first and fast-growing over-the-air broadcast television network for African-Americans, accelerated its tremendous growth and expansion with two announcements; the first that will bring one of the most iconic television series ever to the network, the other that adds two more markets to Bounce TV's growing list of affiliated stations. The network has acquired the television rights to all 113 episodes of Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids series in a licensing agreement with Classic Media. Bounce TV will launch the series with a special "Hey! Hey! Hey! It's New Year's Day" Marathon on Sunday, Jan. 1, 2012 starting at Noon ET. Bounce TV will rebrand its Tuesday night line-up as "Fat Tuesdays" to feature four primetime episodes of the series back-to-back every week at 8:00 p.m. ET starting Tuesday, Jan. 3, 2012.
Bounce TV will be seen in Tallahassee, FL on WTXL-TV, owned by Southern Broadcast Corp./Calkins Media, and in Albany, GA on Barrington Broadcasting Group's WFXL-TV. The addition of the two markets puts the pioneering Bounce TV in 72% of African American television homes. Bounce TV is also coming to New York City very soon on WWOR 9.2 and in Los Angeles on KCOP 13.2, more info on these to come!
Bounce TV targets African Americans primarily between the ages of 25-54 with a programming mix of theatrical motion pictures, live sports, documentaries, specials, inspirational faith-based programs, off-net series, original programming and more. Bounce TV airs twenty four hours a day, seven days a week on the digital signals of local television stations. Martin Luther King III and Ambassador Andrew Young are among the Founding Group and Board of Directors of Bounce TV. Toyota USA is the signature sponsor of the network.
Stay with us for further information on Bounce TV and let's hope they add some sitcoms next. Shows like Diff'rent Strokes, Webster, Gimme a Break!, What's Happening!!, What's Happening Now!! and Benson would be great since they are not airing anywhere and they appeal to African Americans 25-54. Even a series that is on cable now such as The Jeffersons would be nice to see.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February)
02/03 - The Bob Newhart Show - Season Five
02/03 - The Bob Newhart Show - The Final (Sixth) Season
02/03 - Maude - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek) / The Complete Series Available 3/17 (Shout! Factory)
02/03 - The Wonder Years - Season Two
02/10 - Mama's Family - The Complete Sixth Season
02/10 - Nurse Jackie - Season Six (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, February 28
Henry Danger - "Caved In" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Henry, Charlotte, and Ray's plans for a day of fun are derailed when Jasper accidentally triggers the emergency lockdown mode for Junk-N-Stuff and the Man Cave, trapping everyone inside.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "Piggy, Piggy, Piggy & Dawn" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Dawn wants to change up the Quads' puppet routine for the talent show and finally win first place, but gets frustrated after always being outvoted by her brothers.
Bella and the Bulldogs - "That's My Tri-Five!" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Bella encourages Sophie and Pepper to recruit a new girl to fill the void she left behind on the cheerleading squad. Bella begins to question her friendship with the girls when the girls succeed in replacing her all too well.
Saturday, February 28
- John Travolta (Welcome Back, Kotter) - Watch John on a primetime encore of the Jimmy Kimmel Live: After the Oscars special on ABC at 8pm. Special appearances include Neil Patrick Harris, Mila Kunis, Jennifer Aniston, John Krasinski, J.K. Simmons and Kevin Hart.
- Steve Carell (The Office) - Watch Steve on a repeat of The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Aziz Ansari (Parks and Recreation) - Aziz drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Drew Carey (The Drew Carey Show/The Good Life) - Drew guest co-hosts The Late Late Show at 12:37am on CBS.
- Joshua Molina (Sports Night) - Joshua appears on The Late Late Show at 12:37am on CBS.
- Cathy Ladman (Caroline in the City) - Cathy visits The Late Late Show at 12:37am on CBS.
- Kelly Ripa (Hope & Faith) - Kelly stops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Juliette Lewis (I Married Dora) - Juliette talks about ABC's Secrets & Lies on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Jamie Foxx (The Jamie Foxx Show) - Jamie appears on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET.
- Lisa Kudrow (The Comeback/Friends) - Lisa chats on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Terry is a guest on The Better Show, so check your local listings.
- Larry David (Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Larry talks about Fish in the Dark on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Alan Alda (M*A*S*H) - Alan appears on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and in the 10am hour.
- Sean Giambrone (The Goldbergs) - Sean talks about his hit comedy series on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Mo'Nique (The Parkers) - Mo'Nique will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.