Monday, December 12, 2011
We hinted that TV Land has a new acquisition coming in January and today we are revealing it. TV Land has acquired the rights to the '90s mystery drama Murder, She Wrote starring Angela Lansbury. The drama launches on New Year's Day (Sunday, Jan. 1, 2012) with a two-day marathon. On Sunday, Jan. 1 it will air from 2pm-8pm and on Monday, Jan. 2 the marathon concludes from 8am-4pm. The series will then join the schedule the next day on Tuesday, Jan. 3 and air every weekday at approx. 11:25am and 12:30pm ET/PT. The drama will also air on weekdays from 2pm-5pm. The drama will also continue to air on The Hallmark Movie Channel every weeknight.
The rest of the TV Land January 2012 schedule has some changes being made to weekday mornings. Good Times and The Jeffersons will move to the 8am hour and replace back-to-back Leave it to Beaver. Not to worry, as Beaver moves to 9am leading into The Dick Van Dyke Show at 9:30am. Both series get only one episode now each weekday. Then after that we have back-to-back episodes of The Andy Griffith Show, which TV Land has renewed. The sitcom will lead into two-hours of Murder, She Wrote as we mentioned. So what is missing? Bewitched and Sanford & Son are the odd shows out, as they are no longer going to air. TV Land Goes West in the afternoons will air Bonanza all the time from approx. 1:30pm-6pm.
On weekends, other than the addition of Murder, She Wrote from 2-5pm, everything is about the same as it is now. On Saturdays from 5pm-9pm, TV Land will air original series encores, so you'll see encores of Hot in Cleveland and The Exes in this block, with an occasional Roseanne around 7pm if the block ends earlier. TV Land movies, which airs Mondays at 8am, for January 2012 are: Stand by Me, The Addams Family, and Speed. These are airing Jan. 9, 16 and 23.
View the FULL TV Land January 2012 schedule and to discuss this new new schedule.
Bounce TV, the country's first and fast-growing over-the-air broadcast television network for African-Americans, accelerated its tremendous growth and expansion with two announcements; the first that will bring one of the most iconic television series ever to the network, the other that adds two more markets to Bounce TV's growing list of affiliated stations. The network has acquired the television rights to all 113 episodes of Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids series in a licensing agreement with Classic Media. Bounce TV will launch the series with a special "Hey! Hey! Hey! It's New Year's Day" Marathon on Sunday, Jan. 1, 2012 starting at Noon ET. Bounce TV will rebrand its Tuesday night line-up as "Fat Tuesdays" to feature four primetime episodes of the series back-to-back every week at 8:00 p.m. ET starting Tuesday, Jan. 3, 2012.
Bounce TV will be seen in Tallahassee, FL on WTXL-TV, owned by Southern Broadcast Corp./Calkins Media, and in Albany, GA on Barrington Broadcasting Group's WFXL-TV. The addition of the two markets puts the pioneering Bounce TV in 72% of African American television homes. Bounce TV is also coming to New York City very soon on WWOR 9.2 and in Los Angeles on KCOP 13.2, more info on these to come!
Bounce TV targets African Americans primarily between the ages of 25-54 with a programming mix of theatrical motion pictures, live sports, documentaries, specials, inspirational faith-based programs, off-net series, original programming and more. Bounce TV airs twenty four hours a day, seven days a week on the digital signals of local television stations. Martin Luther King III and Ambassador Andrew Young are among the Founding Group and Board of Directors of Bounce TV. Toyota USA is the signature sponsor of the network.
Stay with us for further information on Bounce TV and let's hope they add some sitcoms next. Shows like Diff'rent Strokes, Webster, Gimme a Break!, What's Happening!!, What's Happening Now!! and Benson would be great since they are not airing anywhere and they appeal to African Americans 25-54. Even a series that is on cable now such as The Jeffersons would be nice to see.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)
10/07 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Classic Christmas Episodes
10/07 - The Flying Nun - The Complete First and Second Seasons (Mill Creek)
10/07 - The Middle - The Complete Fifth Season (Warner Archive)
10/07 - The Office - The Complete Series
10/07 - The Wonders Years - Season One
10/10 - The Wonder Years - The Complete Series - Read Our Review / The Signature Edition / Seasons 1-3
10/14 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Third Season
10/14 - Two and a Half Men - The Complete Eleventh Season
10/21 - Married with Children - Seasons 5 and 6 (Mill Crek)
10/21 - The Soul Man - The Complete Second Season
10/21 - Square Pegs - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/28 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Series
11/04 - Hot in Cleveland - Season Five
11/04 - Napoleon Dynamite - The Complete Animated Series
11/04 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Complete Series
11/11 - Dads - The Complete Series
11/11 - Family Ties - The Complete Series
11/11 - My Favorite Martian - Best of Collection
11/11 - Taxi - The Complete Series
11/11 - Wings - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/18 - King of the Hill - The Complete Seventh Season / The Complete Eighth Season
11/25 - Better Off Ted - The Complete Second Season
12/02 - Happy Days - The Sixth Season
12/09 - Barney Miller - The Complete Sixth Season
12/09 - The Jeffersons - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mister Ed - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mork & Mindy - The Fourth Season / The Complete Series
12/16 - The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis - The Final (Fourth) Season
12/23 - My Favorite Martian - Season Two - Collector's Edition
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, October 29
The Middle - "Halloween V" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
It's Halloween night, and Frankie and Mike are stunned – and a bit scared -- to learn that Brick has invited a girl over to the house just to hang with him. Meanwhile, to help supplement her college fund, Sue attempts to put together a pumpkin patch screening of the animated classic, “It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown,” and Axl reluctantly goes to the library to write a history paper and ironically gets locked inside after staying past closing hours.
The Goldbergs - "Family Takes Care of Beverly" (ABC, 8:30PM
When Pops accidentally starts a fire in his apartment during a Halloween party, he’s evicted and Beverly invites him to move into the Goldbergs’ home. Pops’ wild lifestyle is soon too much for the family to handle and they decide to look into other options. Meanwhile, Barry stops Erica from eating Pop Rocks candy with soda, since according to urban legend, the combination would kill her. Since he “saves” her, Barry wants something in return from Erica.
Modern Family - "Halloween 3: AwesomeLand" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Even though Halloween is Claire’s holiday, she allows Phil to take over this year so instead of her usual fright-fest theme, he decides to turn the house into AwesomeLand! Gloria picks out Princess Fiona and Shrek costumes for her and Jay but Jay decides he wants to be Prince Charming complete with a full head of gorgeous hair, and with the hair comes a new sense of confidence. Elsewhere, Cameron gets overwhelmed by the day’s activities and Mitchell has closing arguments for a huge case, and it doesn’t help that the stenographer is dressed like a spider.
black-ish - "The Prank King" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Dre fears his holiday fun will be ruined when the older kids balk at the glorious Johnson Halloween tradition of seeing who can pull the most outlandish pranks on each other.
The League - "Taco Standard Time" (FXX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Taco takes on the end of Daylight Savings Time. The guys try to help Lane (Zach Woods) during a difficult time. Andre and his cat M'Lady are on the rocks.
Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse - "Please Say Yes" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Joseph tries to come up with a proposal idea for Leslie; he finds himself struggling with the preparation.
Wednesday, October 29
- Jon Cryer (Two and a Half Men) - Watch Jon on Conan at 11pm on TBS. He will also appear with Ashton Kutcher on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey performs with M. Ward on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Will Arnett (The Millers/Up All Night/Arrested Development) - Will appears on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa visits Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Michael J. Fox (The Michael J. Fox Show/Spin City/Family Ties and Tracy Pollan (Family Ties) - Michael and Tracy are guests on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo. Tracy also joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Justin Long (Mom/Ed) - Justin drops by The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Tone Bell (Bad Judge) - Tone is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ashton Kutcher (Two and a Half Men/That '70s Show) - Ashton appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Jennie Garth (Mystery Girls/What I Like About You) - Jennie reveals behind the scenes secrets of 90210, how she became a DIY queen and life post divorce on The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Sherri Shepherd (Less Than Perfect/Sherri) - Sherri stops by The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 2am on BET.
- Tyler Ritter (The McCarthys) - Tyler talks about his new comedy series The McCarthys on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Debra Messing (Will & Grace) - Debra and Rach take on their stickiest challenge yet – a grape-stomping competition - on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Kyra Sedgwick (Brooklyn Nine-Nine) - Kyra talks about Brooklyn Nine-Nine on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Soleil Moon Frye (Punky Brewster/Sabrina, the Teenage Witch) - Soleil will be on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Fran Drescher (The Nanny/Happily Divorced) - Fran talks about Chicken Soup for the Soul: Find Your Inner Strength on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Nick Jonas (Jonas L.A.) - Nick is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Anthony appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.