Monday, December 12, 2011
We hinted that TV Land has a new acquisition coming in January and today we are revealing it. TV Land has acquired the rights to the '90s mystery drama Murder, She Wrote starring Angela Lansbury. The drama launches on New Year's Day (Sunday, Jan. 1, 2012) with a two-day marathon. On Sunday, Jan. 1 it will air from 2pm-8pm and on Monday, Jan. 2 the marathon concludes from 8am-4pm. The series will then join the schedule the next day on Tuesday, Jan. 3 and air every weekday at approx. 11:25am and 12:30pm ET/PT. The drama will also air on weekdays from 2pm-5pm. The drama will also continue to air on The Hallmark Movie Channel every weeknight.
The rest of the TV Land January 2012 schedule has some changes being made to weekday mornings. Good Times and The Jeffersons will move to the 8am hour and replace back-to-back Leave it to Beaver. Not to worry, as Beaver moves to 9am leading into The Dick Van Dyke Show at 9:30am. Both series get only one episode now each weekday. Then after that we have back-to-back episodes of The Andy Griffith Show, which TV Land has renewed. The sitcom will lead into two-hours of Murder, She Wrote as we mentioned. So what is missing? Bewitched and Sanford & Son are the odd shows out, as they are no longer going to air. TV Land Goes West in the afternoons will air Bonanza all the time from approx. 1:30pm-6pm.
On weekends, other than the addition of Murder, She Wrote from 2-5pm, everything is about the same as it is now. On Saturdays from 5pm-9pm, TV Land will air original series encores, so you'll see encores of Hot in Cleveland and The Exes in this block, with an occasional Roseanne around 7pm if the block ends earlier. TV Land movies, which airs Mondays at 8am, for January 2012 are: Stand by Me, The Addams Family, and Speed. These are airing Jan. 9, 16 and 23.
View the FULL TV Land January 2012 schedule and to discuss this new new schedule.
Bounce TV, the country's first and fast-growing over-the-air broadcast television network for African-Americans, accelerated its tremendous growth and expansion with two announcements; the first that will bring one of the most iconic television series ever to the network, the other that adds two more markets to Bounce TV's growing list of affiliated stations. The network has acquired the television rights to all 113 episodes of Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids series in a licensing agreement with Classic Media. Bounce TV will launch the series with a special "Hey! Hey! Hey! It's New Year's Day" Marathon on Sunday, Jan. 1, 2012 starting at Noon ET. Bounce TV will rebrand its Tuesday night line-up as "Fat Tuesdays" to feature four primetime episodes of the series back-to-back every week at 8:00 p.m. ET starting Tuesday, Jan. 3, 2012.
Bounce TV will be seen in Tallahassee, FL on WTXL-TV, owned by Southern Broadcast Corp./Calkins Media, and in Albany, GA on Barrington Broadcasting Group's WFXL-TV. The addition of the two markets puts the pioneering Bounce TV in 72% of African American television homes. Bounce TV is also coming to New York City very soon on WWOR 9.2 and in Los Angeles on KCOP 13.2, more info on these to come!
Bounce TV targets African Americans primarily between the ages of 25-54 with a programming mix of theatrical motion pictures, live sports, documentaries, specials, inspirational faith-based programs, off-net series, original programming and more. Bounce TV airs twenty four hours a day, seven days a week on the digital signals of local television stations. Martin Luther King III and Ambassador Andrew Young are among the Founding Group and Board of Directors of Bounce TV. Toyota USA is the signature sponsor of the network.
Stay with us for further information on Bounce TV and let's hope they add some sitcoms next. Shows like Diff'rent Strokes, Webster, Gimme a Break!, What's Happening!!, What's Happening Now!! and Benson would be great since they are not airing anywhere and they appeal to African Americans 25-54. Even a series that is on cable now such as The Jeffersons would be nice to see.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)
10/07 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Classic Christmas Episodes
10/07 - The Flying Nun - The Complete First and Second Seasons (Mill Creek)
10/07 - The Middle - The Complete Fifth Season (Warner Archive)
10/07 - The Office - The Complete Series
10/07 - The Wonders Years - Season One
10/10 - The Wonder Years - The Complete Series - TARGET="_blank">Read Our Review / The Signature Edition / Seasons 1-3
10/14 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Third Season
10/14 - Two and a Half Men - The Complete Eleventh Season
10/21 - Married with Children - Seasons 5 and 6 (Mill Crek)
10/21 - The Soul Man - The Complete Second Season
10/21 - Square Pegs - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/28 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Series
11/04 - Hot in Cleveland - Season Five
11/04 - Napoleon Dynamite - The Complete Animated Series
11/04 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Complete Series
11/11 - Dads - The Complete Series
11/11 - Family Ties - The Complete Series
11/11 - My Favorite Martian - Best of Collection
11/11 - Taxi - The Complete Series
11/11 - Wings - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/18 - King of the Hill - The Complete Seventh Season / The Complete Eighth Season
11/25 - Better Off Ted - The Complete Second Season
12/02 - Happy Days - The Sixth Season
12/09 - Barney Miller - The Complete Sixth Season
12/09 - The Jeffersons - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mister Ed - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mork & Mindy - The Fourth Season / The Complete Series
12/16 - The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis - The Final (Fourth) Season
12/23 - My Favorite Martian - Season Two - Collector's Edition
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, October 20
The Big Bang Theory - "The Expedition Approximation" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Sheldon and Raj test whether they could survive a dark-matter research expedition in a salt mine by simulating the conditions in a steam tunnel. Meanwhile, Leonard and Penny seek advice from Wolowitz and Bernadette after they fight about money.
The Millers - "Movin' Out (Carol's Song) (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Carol begins her search for a new apartment, causing Nathan and Debbie to race each other to find her a place that is the farthest away from each of them. During the course of her house-hunting, Carol meets and develops an instant bond with Kip Finkle, her new best friend. Emmy Award winner Sean Hayes joins the cast as Kip Finkle.
American Dad - "Blonde Ambition" (TBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Hayley decides she might get more attention if she becomes a blonde, while Steve and Stan search for a new home for the Smiths.
When her efforts to save the planet prove hopeless, Hayley decides that she might get more attention if she becomes a blonde. Meanwhile, Stan and Steve go on a mission to find a new home for the Smiths.
Monday, October 20
- Jason Segel (How I Met Your Mother) - Watch Jason on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve appears on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Casey Wilson (Marry Me/Happy Endings) - Casey stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Jim Rash (Community) - Jim visits The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Connie Britton (Spin City/The Fighting Fitzgeralds) - Connie is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Tori Spelling (Mystery Girls) - Tori stops by LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings. She also discusses her show True Tori on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She can be heard on the Howard Stern Show on SiriusXM channel 100.
- Lena Dunham (Girls) - Lena chats on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Tom Lennon (Reno 911!/Sean Saves the World) - Tom is a guest on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly) - Melissa appears NBC's Today in the 9am hour. She will also be on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- The Cast of The Wonder Years - Danica McKellar, Fred Savage and Josh Saviano reunite on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Kirk Cameron (Growing Pains/Kirk) - Kirk talks about bringing faith and family back to the holidays in his new film Kirk Cameron's Saving Christmas on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Jim Gaffigan (My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim talks about his book (Food: A Lovey Story) on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Clark Gregg (The New Adventures of Old Christine) - Clark chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. He will also be on HuffPost Live at 12:30pm. He can be heard on Morning Mash-Up on SiriusXM Hits 1 channel 2 at at 9:45am.
- Scott Foley (The Goodwin Games/A.U.S.A.) - Scott chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Michael Rapaport (The War at Home) - Michael is a guest on HuffPost Live at 2:30pm.
- Jonathan Kite (2 Broke Girls) - Jonathan talks about 2 Broke Girls on Arise TV at 7pm on Centric.
- Katey Sagal (Marry Me/8 Simple Rules/Married with Children) - Katey appears on The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 2am on BET.
- Billy Gardell (Mike & Molly) - Mike will be on PIX11 Morning News on WPIX in New York at 8:50am.