Monday, December 12, 2011
We hinted that TV Land has a new acquisition coming in January and today we are revealing it. TV Land has acquired the rights to the '90s mystery drama Murder, She Wrote starring Angela Lansbury. The drama launches on New Year's Day (Sunday, Jan. 1, 2012) with a two-day marathon. On Sunday, Jan. 1 it will air from 2pm-8pm and on Monday, Jan. 2 the marathon concludes from 8am-4pm. The series will then join the schedule the next day on Tuesday, Jan. 3 and air every weekday at approx. 11:25am and 12:30pm ET/PT. The drama will also air on weekdays from 2pm-5pm. The drama will also continue to air on The Hallmark Movie Channel every weeknight.
The rest of the TV Land January 2012 schedule has some changes being made to weekday mornings. Good Times and The Jeffersons will move to the 8am hour and replace back-to-back Leave it to Beaver. Not to worry, as Beaver moves to 9am leading into The Dick Van Dyke Show at 9:30am. Both series get only one episode now each weekday. Then after that we have back-to-back episodes of The Andy Griffith Show, which TV Land has renewed. The sitcom will lead into two-hours of Murder, She Wrote as we mentioned. So what is missing? Bewitched and Sanford & Son are the odd shows out, as they are no longer going to air. TV Land Goes West in the afternoons will air Bonanza all the time from approx. 1:30pm-6pm.
On weekends, other than the addition of Murder, She Wrote from 2-5pm, everything is about the same as it is now. On Saturdays from 5pm-9pm, TV Land will air original series encores, so you'll see encores of Hot in Cleveland and The Exes in this block, with an occasional Roseanne around 7pm if the block ends earlier. TV Land movies, which airs Mondays at 8am, for January 2012 are: Stand by Me, The Addams Family, and Speed. These are airing Jan. 9, 16 and 23.
View the FULL TV Land January 2012 schedule and to discuss this new new schedule.
Bounce TV, the country's first and fast-growing over-the-air broadcast television network for African-Americans, accelerated its tremendous growth and expansion with two announcements; the first that will bring one of the most iconic television series ever to the network, the other that adds two more markets to Bounce TV's growing list of affiliated stations. The network has acquired the television rights to all 113 episodes of Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids series in a licensing agreement with Classic Media. Bounce TV will launch the series with a special "Hey! Hey! Hey! It's New Year's Day" Marathon on Sunday, Jan. 1, 2012 starting at Noon ET. Bounce TV will rebrand its Tuesday night line-up as "Fat Tuesdays" to feature four primetime episodes of the series back-to-back every week at 8:00 p.m. ET starting Tuesday, Jan. 3, 2012.
Bounce TV will be seen in Tallahassee, FL on WTXL-TV, owned by Southern Broadcast Corp./Calkins Media, and in Albany, GA on Barrington Broadcasting Group's WFXL-TV. The addition of the two markets puts the pioneering Bounce TV in 72% of African American television homes. Bounce TV is also coming to New York City very soon on WWOR 9.2 and in Los Angeles on KCOP 13.2, more info on these to come!
Bounce TV targets African Americans primarily between the ages of 25-54 with a programming mix of theatrical motion pictures, live sports, documentaries, specials, inspirational faith-based programs, off-net series, original programming and more. Bounce TV airs twenty four hours a day, seven days a week on the digital signals of local television stations. Martin Luther King III and Ambassador Andrew Young are among the Founding Group and Board of Directors of Bounce TV. Toyota USA is the signature sponsor of the network.
Stay with us for further information on Bounce TV and let's hope they add some sitcoms next. Shows like Diff'rent Strokes, Webster, Gimme a Break!, What's Happening!!, What's Happening Now!! and Benson would be great since they are not airing anywhere and they appeal to African Americans 25-54. Even a series that is on cable now such as The Jeffersons would be nice to see.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, March 1
The Goldbergs - "The Kara-te Kid" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Inspired by the “Karate Kid” films, Adam and the other Adam Goldberg face off in a karate match to settle once and for all a long-running feud. Barry and Adam go to Uncle Marvin for training, but the only thing they learn is how to clean an apartment. Meanwhile, when Erica and Geoff’s relationship becomes public, they realize that they aren’t the good guys.
Modern Family - "Finding Fizbo" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Cam is enraged when he receives an online video showing someone has been desecrating his beloved Fizbo costume, which sets him on a quest to restore Fizbo’s good name. Meanwhile, Phil is in for quite the surprise when he finally meets his new soon-to-be step-brother at Frank’s bachelor party. Finally, Manny’s newest play hits a little too close to home for Gloria, Claire and Haley when he enlists them to do a read through before he submits it to a young playwright festival.
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - "A Cricket's Tale" (FXX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
We get to see a typical day in Cricket's world and then a possible redemption when his family intervenes. Will Cricket finally move on from the gang, finding love in the process? Will Cricket go from filthy beast to his former self, Matthew Mara?
Man Seeking Woman - "Cake" (FXX, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Josh lets Mike throw him a bachelor party and soon comes to regret it.
Schitt's Creek - "Motel Review" (Pop, 8:00PM ET/PT)
While setting up his business, David meets a new friend; Johnny defends Alexis' work; Moira deals with a difficult guest.
Wednesday, March 1
- Alec Baldwin (30 Rock) - Watch Alec on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Patrick Stewart (Blunt Talk) - Patrick is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Natalie Zea (The Detour) - Natalie visits Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC. She opens up about how she and her husband Travis Schuldt balance work and parenthood – and if they will have more kids on People Now at 8:30am.
- Pete Holmes (Crashing) - Pete appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Lauren Lapkus (Crashing/Clipped/Are You There, Chelsa?) - Lauren is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Aubrey Plaza (Parks and Recreation) - Aubrey chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Scott Foley (The Goodwin Games/A.U.S.A./Scrubs) - Scott is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Emeril Lagasse (Emeril) - Emeril co-hosts Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Mackenzie Phillips (One Day at a Time) - Mackenzie appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT. She will also be on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Craig Robinson (The Office/Mr. Robinson) - Craig joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Patrick Stewart (Blunt Talk) - Patrick looks back on the first time he met Hugh Jackman on People Now at 8:30am.
- Dan Bucatinsky (Marry Me/The Comeback) - Dan talks about 24: Legacy on the AOL Build Show at 5pm. He will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 11:30am ET.