Monday, December 12, 2011
We hinted that TV Land has a new acquisition coming in January and today we are revealing it. TV Land has acquired the rights to the '90s mystery drama Murder, She Wrote starring Angela Lansbury. The drama launches on New Year's Day (Sunday, Jan. 1, 2012) with a two-day marathon. On Sunday, Jan. 1 it will air from 2pm-8pm and on Monday, Jan. 2 the marathon concludes from 8am-4pm. The series will then join the schedule the next day on Tuesday, Jan. 3 and air every weekday at approx. 11:25am and 12:30pm ET/PT. The drama will also air on weekdays from 2pm-5pm. The drama will also continue to air on The Hallmark Movie Channel every weeknight.
The rest of the TV Land January 2012 schedule has some changes being made to weekday mornings. Good Times and The Jeffersons will move to the 8am hour and replace back-to-back Leave it to Beaver. Not to worry, as Beaver moves to 9am leading into The Dick Van Dyke Show at 9:30am. Both series get only one episode now each weekday. Then after that we have back-to-back episodes of The Andy Griffith Show, which TV Land has renewed. The sitcom will lead into two-hours of Murder, She Wrote as we mentioned. So what is missing? Bewitched and Sanford & Son are the odd shows out, as they are no longer going to air. TV Land Goes West in the afternoons will air Bonanza all the time from approx. 1:30pm-6pm.
On weekends, other than the addition of Murder, She Wrote from 2-5pm, everything is about the same as it is now. On Saturdays from 5pm-9pm, TV Land will air original series encores, so you'll see encores of Hot in Cleveland and The Exes in this block, with an occasional Roseanne around 7pm if the block ends earlier. TV Land movies, which airs Mondays at 8am, for January 2012 are: Stand by Me, The Addams Family, and Speed. These are airing Jan. 9, 16 and 23.
View the FULL TV Land January 2012 schedule and to discuss this new new schedule.
Bounce TV, the country's first and fast-growing over-the-air broadcast television network for African-Americans, accelerated its tremendous growth and expansion with two announcements; the first that will bring one of the most iconic television series ever to the network, the other that adds two more markets to Bounce TV's growing list of affiliated stations. The network has acquired the television rights to all 113 episodes of Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids series in a licensing agreement with Classic Media. Bounce TV will launch the series with a special "Hey! Hey! Hey! It's New Year's Day" Marathon on Sunday, Jan. 1, 2012 starting at Noon ET. Bounce TV will rebrand its Tuesday night line-up as "Fat Tuesdays" to feature four primetime episodes of the series back-to-back every week at 8:00 p.m. ET starting Tuesday, Jan. 3, 2012.
Bounce TV will be seen in Tallahassee, FL on WTXL-TV, owned by Southern Broadcast Corp./Calkins Media, and in Albany, GA on Barrington Broadcasting Group's WFXL-TV. The addition of the two markets puts the pioneering Bounce TV in 72% of African American television homes. Bounce TV is also coming to New York City very soon on WWOR 9.2 and in Los Angeles on KCOP 13.2, more info on these to come!
Bounce TV targets African Americans primarily between the ages of 25-54 with a programming mix of theatrical motion pictures, live sports, documentaries, specials, inspirational faith-based programs, off-net series, original programming and more. Bounce TV airs twenty four hours a day, seven days a week on the digital signals of local television stations. Martin Luther King III and Ambassador Andrew Young are among the Founding Group and Board of Directors of Bounce TV. Toyota USA is the signature sponsor of the network.
Stay with us for further information on Bounce TV and let's hope they add some sitcoms next. Shows like Diff'rent Strokes, Webster, Gimme a Break!, What's Happening!!, What's Happening Now!! and Benson would be great since they are not airing anywhere and they appeal to African Americans 25-54. Even a series that is on cable now such as The Jeffersons would be nice to see.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February)
02/16 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Complete Series
02/16 - The Brady Kids - The Complete Animated Series
02/16 - Girls - The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
02/16 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Complete Series
02/16 - Togetherness - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, February 12
Bunk'd - "Luke's Back" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Luke gets some summer school help from Ravi and reunites with his siblings; Camp Kikiwaka and its rival engage in a turf war.
Girl Meets World - "Girl Meets Commonism" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Auggie experiences an existential crisis while trying to figure out what he wants to be; Farkle and Maya are caught cheating on a test and must face the school honor board.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Second Thoughts" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Troy discusses her marriage troubles with Hattie.
Friday, February 12
- George Clooney (The Facts of Life/Roseanne) - Watch George on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Ray Romano (Everybody Loves Raymond) - Raymond appears on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Patricia is a guest on a repeat of The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Sarah Hyland (Modern Family) - Sarah appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jack McBrayer (30 Rock) - Jack is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Christine Taylor (Hey Dude) - Christine talks about Zoolander 2 on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Seth MacFarlane (Family Guy/American Dad!/The Cleveland Show) - Seth discusses his Grammy nomination on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Anders Holm (Workaholics/The Mindy Project) - Anders is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Malcolm-Jamal Warner (The Cosby Show/Malcolm & Eddie) - Malcolm-Jamal discusses his role as Al Cowlings in FX's American Crime Story: The People v. OJ Simpson on Access Hollywood Live (check your local listings) and on the AOL Build Show at 12pm.
- Bailee Madison (Trophy Wife) - Bailee discusses her shows Good Witch, Once Upon a Time, and attending Fashion Week for the first time on the AOL Build Show at 2:30pm.
- Meagan Good (Mr. Robinson/Raising Dad/Cousin Skeeter) - Meagan is a guest on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Dakota Johnson (Ben and Kate) - Dakota talks about How to Be Single on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. She also appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Demi Lovato (Sonny with a Chance) - Demi can be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM Hits 1 at 8am.