Monday, December 12, 2011
We hinted that TV Land has a new acquisition coming in January and today we are revealing it. TV Land has acquired the rights to the '90s mystery drama Murder, She Wrote starring Angela Lansbury. The drama launches on New Year's Day (Sunday, Jan. 1, 2012) with a two-day marathon. On Sunday, Jan. 1 it will air from 2pm-8pm and on Monday, Jan. 2 the marathon concludes from 8am-4pm. The series will then join the schedule the next day on Tuesday, Jan. 3 and air every weekday at approx. 11:25am and 12:30pm ET/PT. The drama will also air on weekdays from 2pm-5pm. The drama will also continue to air on The Hallmark Movie Channel every weeknight.
The rest of the TV Land January 2012 schedule has some changes being made to weekday mornings. Good Times and The Jeffersons will move to the 8am hour and replace back-to-back Leave it to Beaver. Not to worry, as Beaver moves to 9am leading into The Dick Van Dyke Show at 9:30am. Both series get only one episode now each weekday. Then after that we have back-to-back episodes of The Andy Griffith Show, which TV Land has renewed. The sitcom will lead into two-hours of Murder, She Wrote as we mentioned. So what is missing? Bewitched and Sanford & Son are the odd shows out, as they are no longer going to air. TV Land Goes West in the afternoons will air Bonanza all the time from approx. 1:30pm-6pm.
On weekends, other than the addition of Murder, She Wrote from 2-5pm, everything is about the same as it is now. On Saturdays from 5pm-9pm, TV Land will air original series encores, so you'll see encores of Hot in Cleveland and The Exes in this block, with an occasional Roseanne around 7pm if the block ends earlier. TV Land movies, which airs Mondays at 8am, for January 2012 are: Stand by Me, The Addams Family, and Speed. These are airing Jan. 9, 16 and 23.
View the FULL TV Land January 2012 schedule and to discuss this new new schedule.
Bounce TV, the country's first and fast-growing over-the-air broadcast television network for African-Americans, accelerated its tremendous growth and expansion with two announcements; the first that will bring one of the most iconic television series ever to the network, the other that adds two more markets to Bounce TV's growing list of affiliated stations. The network has acquired the television rights to all 113 episodes of Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids series in a licensing agreement with Classic Media. Bounce TV will launch the series with a special "Hey! Hey! Hey! It's New Year's Day" Marathon on Sunday, Jan. 1, 2012 starting at Noon ET. Bounce TV will rebrand its Tuesday night line-up as "Fat Tuesdays" to feature four primetime episodes of the series back-to-back every week at 8:00 p.m. ET starting Tuesday, Jan. 3, 2012.
Bounce TV will be seen in Tallahassee, FL on WTXL-TV, owned by Southern Broadcast Corp./Calkins Media, and in Albany, GA on Barrington Broadcasting Group's WFXL-TV. The addition of the two markets puts the pioneering Bounce TV in 72% of African American television homes. Bounce TV is also coming to New York City very soon on WWOR 9.2 and in Los Angeles on KCOP 13.2, more info on these to come!
Bounce TV targets African Americans primarily between the ages of 25-54 with a programming mix of theatrical motion pictures, live sports, documentaries, specials, inspirational faith-based programs, off-net series, original programming and more. Bounce TV airs twenty four hours a day, seven days a week on the digital signals of local television stations. Martin Luther King III and Ambassador Andrew Young are among the Founding Group and Board of Directors of Bounce TV. Toyota USA is the signature sponsor of the network.
Stay with us for further information on Bounce TV and let's hope they add some sitcoms next. Shows like Diff'rent Strokes, Webster, Gimme a Break!, What's Happening!!, What's Happening Now!! and Benson would be great since they are not airing anywhere and they appeal to African Americans 25-54. Even a series that is on cable now such as The Jeffersons would be nice to see.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (May)
05/05 - Cheers - The Complete Series
05/12 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete Fourth Season
05/12 - The Hotwives of Orlando - The Complete First Season
05/12 - Mister Ed - The Final (Sixth) Season (Shout! Factory)
05/19 - American Dad - Volume 10
05/19 - C.P.O. Sharkey - The Complete Season 1
05/19 - The Larry Sanders Show - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
05/19 - Married with Children - Season Nine (Mill Creek)
05/19 - Married with Children - Season Ten (Mill Creek)
05/19 - Married with Children - Seasons Nine and Ten (Mill Creek)
05/19 - Married with Children - Seasons Nine and Ten (Mill Creek)
05/19 - NewsRadio - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
05/19 - Welcome to Sweden - The Complete First Season
05/26 - Hello Ladies - Season 1
05/26 - The Nanny - The Complete Series
05/26 - Welcome Back, Kotter - The Complete Third Season
05/26 - The Wonder Years - Season Three
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, May 30
Bella and the Bulldogs - "No Girls Allowed" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
An outdated rule about girls not being able to play football is made public before the Bulldogs' first playoff game, preventing Bella from playing. Now Bella and the team have to change the rules to make history.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "No Ifs, Ands, or But-ers" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
The Quads turn their garage into an awesome hangout space, making their house the place to be. But when a notorious one-upper opens a competing hangout, the Quads have to work together to top her and regain their social status. Guest Star: Science Bob.
100 Things to Do Before High School - "Start a Garage Band Thing!" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
CJ, Fen and Crispo start a garage band with hopes of winning top prize at the school's music festival. But when creative differences break up the band, CJ must find a way to reunite the team in time for their big performance.
K.C. Undercover - "Double Crossed Part 2" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Zane has captured K.C.; the family is unaware as their rival has also created a K.C. look alike to infiltrate and destroy the Coopers.
Monday, June 1
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Mollly/Samantha Who?) - Watch Melissa on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. She also talks about her new film Spy on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Jeremy Piven (Entourage/Ellen) - Jeremy visits Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC. He also discusses new his film Entourage on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Hannah Simone (New Girl) - Hannah appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Rory Scovel (Ground Floor) - Rory is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Joel McHale (Community) - Joel stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- David Spade (Rules of Engagement/8 Simple Rules/Just Shoot Me) - David drops by The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Jonathan Groff (Looking) - Jonathan is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Regina King (227) - Regina appears on a repeat of The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Ana Ortiz (Kristin/A.U.S.A.) - Ana, Roselyn Sanchez and Susan Lucci chat about Devious Maids with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. Ana and Roselyn also join the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT. Ana will be on Morning Joe on MSNBC sometime between 6-9am. They can be heard on Shade 45 with Sway and Morning Jolt with Larry Flick on SiriusXM Radio.
- Tracy Morgan (30 Rock/The Tracy Morgan Show) - Tracy gives first interview since his tragic car accident on Inside Edition, so check your local listings. He will also be on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.