Monday, December 19, 2011
That Girl is coming to MeTV Network's regular schedule on Monday, January 2, 2012 airing weekdays at 9:30PM ET/8:30PM CT and Sundays at 3:00 & 3:30PM ET. The hit show follows the antics of Ann Marie, played by Marlo Thomas, as she tries to make it big as an actress while living in New York City. The first 12 episodes will begin during a That Girl marathon on MeTV on New Year's Day beginning at 11AM ET/10AM CT through 5PM ET/4PM CT. As for the regular schedule, Taxi (which was airing weekdays at 10:30pm) will depart the weekday schedule and The Odd Couple will move from 9:30PM to 10:3 PM ET. Also, Bosom Buddies, which was airing Sunday afternoons at 3:00 & 3:30 PM ET, will take a break from the schedule. MeTV says, since their library of iconic and beloved shows are so expansive, they rest some shows from their line-up to make room for others. So, enjoy their new winter schedule and they thank you for watching MeTV Network! There will be no other changes to the MeTV line-up in January, so enjoy That Girl! View the episode info for the New Year's Day marathon.
Moving a bit earlier, MeTV will celebrate Christmas in style. Wake up Christmas Eve and Christmas Day to memorable holiday entertainment. Enjoy such holiday specials as The Little Drummer Boy, The Fat Albert Christmas Special and Mister Magoo's Christmas Carol when you tune in to the "MeTV Merry-Thon," Saturday and Sunday morning on MeTV! And if you're not in to that, you can also catch holiday-themed episodes from their classic series including The Mary Tyler Moore Show, Laverne & Shirley, Bonanza, The Bob Newhart Show, The Brady Bunch, Happy Days, Dobie Gillis, M*A*S*H, Taxi and The Honeymooners on Christmas Day. See the complete MeTV Merrython schedule.
MeTV also announced affiliation agreements with Gannett-owned KTVD-TV, Denver and Dispatch Broadcast Group-owned WTHR-TV, Indianapolis. Both affiliates will launch on January 1, 2012. KTVD-TV will carry MeTV over the air on channel 20.2, as well as on Comcast cable channel 250. WTHR-TV will carry MeTV over the air on channel 13.3, as well as on Comcast cable channel 248. With the addition of these two affiliates and other pending affiliation agreements, MeTV will cover well over 71% of the country. MeTV also recently got permission to air the network on WSAH, which is available close to the New York City area, but is actually operating from Bridgeport, Connecticut. MeTV replaces RTV on WSAH, but no idea when yet. So stay with us for further information on that and all other affiliate clearances!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (July/August)
07/08 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
07/12 - Grady - The Best of Grady
07/20 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 5th Season
07/26 - Family Matters - The Complete Seventh Season (WBShop.com)
07/26 - Where's Huddles? - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
08/02 - Hangin' with Mr. Cooper - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
08/09 - Maude - The Complete Final (Sixth) Season
08/23 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Three
08/23 - Superstore - Season One
08/23 - The Wonder Years - Complete Series (New Slipcase Version)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, August 28
The Simpsons - "The Burns Cage" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Smithers is devastated by Burns’ lack of affection towards him, Homer makes it his mission to find him a boyfriend. Meanwhile, after Bart orchestrates the removal of the lead in the school’s stage production of “Casablanca,” Milhouse serves as a terrible understudy, which frustrates his co-star, Lisa.
The Simpsons - "Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
A new teacher arrives (guest voice Sofia Vergara) at Springfield Elementary, and a captivated Bart tries everything to win her over. Meanwhile, Homer decides to buy a new brand of “milk,” which causes early puberty, both for Bart (augmenting his wooing powers) and Lisa (whose small bout with acne opens her up to the world of makeup and popularity).
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "The Oolong Slayer" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When investigating a serial killer, Jake enlists Holt’s help in an attempt to solve the case off the radar. At the precinct, Rosa and Amy are forced to deal with demands from an old adversary and Terry discovers a new obsession.
Family Guy - "The Heartbreak Dog" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Meg begins working at a retirement community and starts stealing from the residents. Then Chris finds out and wants in on the heist. When the residents catch them, they blackmail them and force the thieves to listen to all of their boring stories.
The Last Man on Earth - "Fourth Finger" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
With little else to do, Tandy starts a prank war within the group. Meanwhile Todd establishes his dominance.
Monday, August 29
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Watch Tika on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. She also talks about Southside with You on NBC's Today in the 9am hour and on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jerrod Carmichael (The Carmichael Show) - Jerrod is a guest on Tavis Smiley on PBS, so check your local listings.
- Walton Goggins (Vice Principals) - Walton appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Fred Savage (The Grinder/Working/The Wonder Years) - Fred guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identiy) - Jerry is a guest on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12:05am on BET or on your local stations.
- Chris D'Elia, Ron Funches, Rick Glassman and Brent Morin - The cast of Undateable are guests on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Sally Field (Gidget/The Flying Nun) - Sally whips up a delicious Pea Pesto & Potatoes with Mario Batali on a repeat of ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Valerie Bertinelli (Hot in Cleveland/One Day at a Time) - Valerie bakes up her Sicilian Love Cake for dessert on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Tyler Labine (Deadbeat/Animal Practice/Mad Love/Sons of Tucson) - Tyler talks about Zoom on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Emeril Lagasse (Emeril) - Emeril explains the surprising origins of his catchphrase “Bam!” on People Now at 8:30am.