Monday, December 05, 2011
Premiere Ratings for TV Land's Hot in Cleveland and The Exes; CBS Consumer Products Launches Classic TV Store
Last Wednesday (Nov. 30), TV Land's season three premiere of Hot in Cleveland drew 3.7 million total viewers on premiere night, which adds up the 10pm, 11pm and 1am airings. Not counting the two encores at 11pm & 1am, the 10pm premiere drew 1.94 million viewers and a 0.4 A18-49 rating. The season premiere led into the series premiere of The Exes which drew 2.9 million total viewers on premiere night, which adds up the 10:30pm, 11:30pm and 1:30am airings. Not counting the two encores at 11:30pm & 1:30am, the 10:30pm premiere drew 1.44 million viewers and a 0.3 18-49 rating. The sitcom stars critically-acclaimed actors Donald Faison, Wayne Knight, David Alan Basche, Kelly Stables and Emmy(R) Award-winner Kristen Johnston.
The Hot in Cleveland season premiere of 1.94 million was down from its 2.44 million for the second season finale in August and also down from the season two premiere of 2.95 million last January. One positive note is that Hot in Cleveland was not a series low. As for The Exes, the premiere of 1.44 million was down from the Retired at 35 premiere of 2.01 million last January but up from its finale of 1.21 million in March. Comparing it to the premiere of Happily Divorced in June, the premiere of The Exes was down from that series' 2.41 million and also its season finale in August of 1.64 million. The Exes has to do better than Retired at 35 if it wants to last, as that series was barely renewed for a second season.
Both series airs Wednesdays at 10:00pm & 10:30pm ET on TV Land through February, with The Exes having its season finale on Feb. 1 and Hot in Cleveland having its mid-season finale on Feb. 15. Retired at 35 returns March 7 airing on its own, while Happily Divorced returns on June 6 at 10:30pm when Hot in Cleveland returns for its second half of the third season. All advanced dates are subject to change, so stay with us for further information.
CBS Consumer Products has joined forces with TeamFanShop, Inc., a leader in e-commerce solutions, to launch a new online store for Television City, the greatest collection of TV icons and the ultimate destination for classic TV fans. ShopTVCity.com launched Thursday and highlights products with unique and relevant slogans and imagery from the shows. Fans of hit shows of the past will now enjoy customer friendly policies such as flat rate, quick and efficient shipping, easy yearlong returns, and an unconditional satisfaction guarantee.
ShopTVCity.com has something for everyone with retro tees, fleece, sweatshirts and hoodies that feature catchphrases like "Here to Save the Day" from Mighty Mouse and "I Make Cool Look Easy" from Happy Days. The following shows from the Television City collection are featured with merchandise: 7th Heaven, Andy Griffith Show, The Beverly Hillbillies, The Brady Bunch, Cheers, Beverly Hills 90210, Charmed, Dynasty, Ghost Whisperer, Gomer Pyle, Gunsmoke, Happy Days, Hogan's Heroes, Jericho, Laverne & Shirley, Little Rascals, Love Boat, Medium, Melrose Place, Mighty Mouse, Mod Squad, Mork and Mindy, Taxi, Touched by an Angel and Twilight Zone.
TeamFanShop focuses on providing CBS Consumer Products with service, quality, technology and merchandising management. The multi-year agreement includes a fully enhanced shopping experience backed by a growing collection of Television City products that brings back memories of yesteryear, as well as an industry leading customer service team and state-of-the-art security.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (November)
11/03 - Californication - The Complete Series
11/03 - Getting On - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
11/03 - Hank (1965-66) - The Complete Series
11/03 - I Love Lucy - The Complete Series
11/03 - Men at Work - The Complete Second Season
11/03 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
11/03 - 'Til Death - The Complete Third Season
11/10 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - The Complete Remastered Series (DVD)
11/10 - Maude - The Complete Third Season
11/10 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Final (Fourth) Season
11/17 - The Comedians - The Complete Series
11/17 - Cristela - The Complete First Season
11/17 - McHale's Navy - The Complete Series
11/17 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Fourth Season
11/17 - Weird Loners - The Complete Series
11/24 - George Lopez - The Complete Sixth Seaon
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, November 28
Henry Danger - "Christmas Danger" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Captain Man gets arrested for committing a petty crime, he is forced to spend Christmas in jail. Henry and Charlotte must try to help Captain Man have a good Christmas in jail.
Game Shakers - "A Reggae Potato Christmas" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
The Game Shakers visit Double G on the set of his live, self-indulgent "Double G's Christmas Special." During the opening number, his hair catches on fire and they must finish the show without him.
Monday, November 30
- Aziz Ansari (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Aziz The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Richard Kind (Spin City/Mad About You) - Richard is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Alan Tudyk (Suburgatory) - Alan appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Brent Morin and Rick Glassman (Undateable) - Brent and Rick are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- David Spade (Rules of Engagement/8 Simple Rules/Just Shoot Me!) - David stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael visits LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Kim Fields (The Facts of Life/Living Single) - Kim dishes on the new season of The Real Housewives of Atlanta and talks about why she decided to join the show on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Scott Foley (The Goodwin Games/A.U.S.A./Scrubs) - Scott drops by The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Loretta Devine (The Carmichael Show) - Loretta is a guest on The Real, so check your local listings.
- America Ferrera (Superstore) - America talks about her new series Superstore on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Bob Saget (Fuller House/How I Met Your Mother/Full House) - Bob is a guest on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Cheryl Hines (Curb Your Enthusiasm/Suburgatory) - Cheryl talks about her movie Christmas Eve on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.