Monday, December 05, 2011
Premiere Ratings for TV Land's Hot in Cleveland and The Exes; CBS Consumer Products Launches Classic TV Store
Last Wednesday (Nov. 30), TV Land's season three premiere of Hot in Cleveland drew 3.7 million total viewers on premiere night, which adds up the 10pm, 11pm and 1am airings. Not counting the two encores at 11pm & 1am, the 10pm premiere drew 1.94 million viewers and a 0.4 A18-49 rating. The season premiere led into the series premiere of The Exes which drew 2.9 million total viewers on premiere night, which adds up the 10:30pm, 11:30pm and 1:30am airings. Not counting the two encores at 11:30pm & 1:30am, the 10:30pm premiere drew 1.44 million viewers and a 0.3 18-49 rating. The sitcom stars critically-acclaimed actors Donald Faison, Wayne Knight, David Alan Basche, Kelly Stables and Emmy(R) Award-winner Kristen Johnston.
The Hot in Cleveland season premiere of 1.94 million was down from its 2.44 million for the second season finale in August and also down from the season two premiere of 2.95 million last January. One positive note is that Hot in Cleveland was not a series low. As for The Exes, the premiere of 1.44 million was down from the Retired at 35 premiere of 2.01 million last January but up from its finale of 1.21 million in March. Comparing it to the premiere of Happily Divorced in June, the premiere of The Exes was down from that series' 2.41 million and also its season finale in August of 1.64 million. The Exes has to do better than Retired at 35 if it wants to last, as that series was barely renewed for a second season.
Both series airs Wednesdays at 10:00pm & 10:30pm ET on TV Land through February, with The Exes having its season finale on Feb. 1 and Hot in Cleveland having its mid-season finale on Feb. 15. Retired at 35 returns March 7 airing on its own, while Happily Divorced returns on June 6 at 10:30pm when Hot in Cleveland returns for its second half of the third season. All advanced dates are subject to change, so stay with us for further information.
CBS Consumer Products has joined forces with TeamFanShop, Inc., a leader in e-commerce solutions, to launch a new online store for Television City, the greatest collection of TV icons and the ultimate destination for classic TV fans. ShopTVCity.com launched Thursday and highlights products with unique and relevant slogans and imagery from the shows. Fans of hit shows of the past will now enjoy customer friendly policies such as flat rate, quick and efficient shipping, easy yearlong returns, and an unconditional satisfaction guarantee.
ShopTVCity.com has something for everyone with retro tees, fleece, sweatshirts and hoodies that feature catchphrases like "Here to Save the Day" from Mighty Mouse and "I Make Cool Look Easy" from Happy Days. The following shows from the Television City collection are featured with merchandise: 7th Heaven, Andy Griffith Show, The Beverly Hillbillies, The Brady Bunch, Cheers, Beverly Hills 90210, Charmed, Dynasty, Ghost Whisperer, Gomer Pyle, Gunsmoke, Happy Days, Hogan's Heroes, Jericho, Laverne & Shirley, Little Rascals, Love Boat, Medium, Melrose Place, Mighty Mouse, Mod Squad, Mork and Mindy, Taxi, Touched by an Angel and Twilight Zone.
TeamFanShop focuses on providing CBS Consumer Products with service, quality, technology and merchandising management. The multi-year agreement includes a fully enhanced shopping experience backed by a growing collection of Television City products that brings back memories of yesteryear, as well as an industry leading customer service team and state-of-the-art security.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March)
03/03 - CHiPs - The Complete Third Season
03/10 - Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C. - The Complete Series
03/10 - Hey Dude - The Complete Series (Walmart Exclusive)
03/10 - Petticoat Junction - Family Favorite Episodes
03/17 - Bewitched - Season 5 (Mill Creek)
03/17 - Bewitched - Season 6 (Mill Creek)
03/17 - Bewitched - Seasons 5 & 6 (Mill Creek)
03/17 - Maude - The Complete Series (Shout! Factory)
03/17 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete First Season (Shout! Factory)
03/17 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Second Season (Shout! Factory)
03/24 - The Donna Reed Show - Season 2 (MPI Home Video)
03/31 - Silicon Valley - Season 1 (Blu-ray)
03/31 - Veep - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, March 6
Dog with a Blog - "Stan's New BFF" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Stan spends the night at Karl's house and Avery is jealous; Chloe's hooked on wrestling thanks to Bennett.
Friday, March 6
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Watch Will on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He will also be on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Drew Carey (The Drew Carey Show/The Good Life) - Drew guest co-hosts The Late Late Show at 12:37am on CBS.
- Lennon Parham (Playing House/Best Friends Forever/Accidentally on Purpose) - Lennon appears on The Late Late Show at 12:37am on CBS.
- The Cast of Parks and Recreation) - The cast of Parks and Recreation are guests on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Jada Pinkett Smith (A Different World) - Jada talks about Gotham on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela guest co-hosts The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Ellie Kemper (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt/The Office) - Ellie talks about Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Laura Marano (Austin & Ally/Back to You) - Laura talks about her show and new movie on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Alyssa Milano (Who's the Boss?/Romantically Challenged) - Alyssa guest co-hosts The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Anne Heche (SAve Me/The Michael J. Fox Show) - Anne is a guest on People Now.
- Juliette Lewis (I Married Dora) - Juliette appears on People Now.