Monday, December 05, 2011
Premiere Ratings for TV Land's Hot in Cleveland and The Exes; CBS Consumer Products Launches Classic TV Store
Last Wednesday (Nov. 30), TV Land's season three premiere of Hot in Cleveland drew 3.7 million total viewers on premiere night, which adds up the 10pm, 11pm and 1am airings. Not counting the two encores at 11pm & 1am, the 10pm premiere drew 1.94 million viewers and a 0.4 A18-49 rating. The season premiere led into the series premiere of The Exes which drew 2.9 million total viewers on premiere night, which adds up the 10:30pm, 11:30pm and 1:30am airings. Not counting the two encores at 11:30pm & 1:30am, the 10:30pm premiere drew 1.44 million viewers and a 0.3 18-49 rating. The sitcom stars critically-acclaimed actors Donald Faison, Wayne Knight, David Alan Basche, Kelly Stables and Emmy(R) Award-winner Kristen Johnston.
The Hot in Cleveland season premiere of 1.94 million was down from its 2.44 million for the second season finale in August and also down from the season two premiere of 2.95 million last January. One positive note is that Hot in Cleveland was not a series low. As for The Exes, the premiere of 1.44 million was down from the Retired at 35 premiere of 2.01 million last January but up from its finale of 1.21 million in March. Comparing it to the premiere of Happily Divorced in June, the premiere of The Exes was down from that series' 2.41 million and also its season finale in August of 1.64 million. The Exes has to do better than Retired at 35 if it wants to last, as that series was barely renewed for a second season.
Both series airs Wednesdays at 10:00pm & 10:30pm ET on TV Land through February, with The Exes having its season finale on Feb. 1 and Hot in Cleveland having its mid-season finale on Feb. 15. Retired at 35 returns March 7 airing on its own, while Happily Divorced returns on June 6 at 10:30pm when Hot in Cleveland returns for its second half of the third season. All advanced dates are subject to change, so stay with us for further information.
CBS Consumer Products has joined forces with TeamFanShop, Inc., a leader in e-commerce solutions, to launch a new online store for Television City, the greatest collection of TV icons and the ultimate destination for classic TV fans. ShopTVCity.com launched Thursday and highlights products with unique and relevant slogans and imagery from the shows. Fans of hit shows of the past will now enjoy customer friendly policies such as flat rate, quick and efficient shipping, easy yearlong returns, and an unconditional satisfaction guarantee.
ShopTVCity.com has something for everyone with retro tees, fleece, sweatshirts and hoodies that feature catchphrases like "Here to Save the Day" from Mighty Mouse and "I Make Cool Look Easy" from Happy Days. The following shows from the Television City collection are featured with merchandise: 7th Heaven, Andy Griffith Show, The Beverly Hillbillies, The Brady Bunch, Cheers, Beverly Hills 90210, Charmed, Dynasty, Ghost Whisperer, Gomer Pyle, Gunsmoke, Happy Days, Hogan's Heroes, Jericho, Laverne & Shirley, Little Rascals, Love Boat, Medium, Melrose Place, Mighty Mouse, Mod Squad, Mork and Mindy, Taxi, Touched by an Angel and Twilight Zone.
TeamFanShop focuses on providing CBS Consumer Products with service, quality, technology and merchandising management. The multi-year agreement includes a fully enhanced shopping experience backed by a growing collection of Television City products that brings back memories of yesteryear, as well as an industry leading customer service team and state-of-the-art security.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)
10/07 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Classic Christmas Episodes
10/07 - The Flying Nun - The Complete First and Second Seasons (Mill Creek)
10/07 - The Middle - The Complete Fifth Season (Warner Archive)
10/07 - The Office - The Complete Series
10/07 - The Wonders Years - Season One
10/10 - The Wonder Years - The Complete Series - TARGET="_blank">Read Our Review / The Signature Edition / Seasons 1-3
10/14 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Third Season
10/14 - Two and a Half Men - The Complete Eleventh Season
10/21 - Married with Children - Seasons 5 and 6 (Mill Crek)
10/21 - The Soul Man - The Complete Second Season
10/21 - Square Pegs - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/28 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Series
11/04 - Hot in Cleveland - Season Five
11/04 - Napoleon Dynamite - The Complete Animated Series
11/04 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Complete Series
11/11 - Dads - The Complete Series
11/11 - Family Ties - The Complete Series
11/11 - My Favorite Martian - Best of Collection
11/11 - Taxi - The Complete Series
11/11 - Wings - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/18 - King of the Hill - The Complete Seventh Season / The Complete Eighth Season
11/25 - Better Off Ted - The Complete Second Season
12/02 - Happy Days - The Sixth Season
12/09 - Barney Miller - The Complete Sixth Season
12/09 - The Jeffersons - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mister Ed - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mork & Mindy - The Fourth Season / The Complete Series
12/16 - The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis - The Final (Fourth) Season
12/23 - My Favorite Martian - Season Two - Collector's Edition
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, October 24
Last Man Standing - "School Merger" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Mike and Chuck debate the merits of a local ballot measure merging their upscale neighborhood high school with one in the inner city. For Halloween, Ryan dresses up Boyd as a lump of coal – another reminder to Vanessa how her job as a geologist may be hurting the environment.
Cristela - "Mr. Felix and Ms. Daniela" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After Daniela’s friend mistakes Cristela for the nanny, tensions flare between the two sisters and surprisingly it is Felix who brings them back together. Meanwhile, Alberto tries to get closer to Cristela in an unexpected way.
Friday, October 24
- Jerry Seinfeld (Seinfeld) - Watch Jerry on a repeat of The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Sarah Silverman (The Sarah Silverman Program) - Sarah appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- John Mulaney (Mulaney) - John is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Melissa Fumero (Brooklyn Nine-Nine) - Melissa appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother/Stark Raving Mad/Doogie Howser, M.D.) - Neil discusses his new autobiography on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Sean Hayes (The Millers/Sean Saves the World/Will & Grace) - Sean visits The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Amy Yasbeck (Wings) - Amy talks about the legacy of her late husband, John Ritter, and the foundation created in his honor on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Suzanne Somers (Three's Company/Step by Step) - Suzanne chats on The Better Show, so check your local listings.
- Analeigh Tipton (Manattan Love Story) - Analeigh is a guest on The Better Show, so check your local listings.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John talks A Delicate Balance on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Jenny Slate (Married/Parks and Recreation) - Jenny chats about her book (Marcel the Shell: The Most Surprised I've Ever Been) on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Laurence Fisburne (black-ish) - Laurence appears on The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 2am on BET.