Monday, December 05, 2011
Premiere Ratings for TV Land's Hot in Cleveland and The Exes; CBS Consumer Products Launches Classic TV Store
Last Wednesday (Nov. 30), TV Land's season three premiere of Hot in Cleveland drew 3.7 million total viewers on premiere night, which adds up the 10pm, 11pm and 1am airings. Not counting the two encores at 11pm & 1am, the 10pm premiere drew 1.94 million viewers and a 0.4 A18-49 rating. The season premiere led into the series premiere of The Exes which drew 2.9 million total viewers on premiere night, which adds up the 10:30pm, 11:30pm and 1:30am airings. Not counting the two encores at 11:30pm & 1:30am, the 10:30pm premiere drew 1.44 million viewers and a 0.3 18-49 rating. The sitcom stars critically-acclaimed actors Donald Faison, Wayne Knight, David Alan Basche, Kelly Stables and Emmy(R) Award-winner Kristen Johnston.
The Hot in Cleveland season premiere of 1.94 million was down from its 2.44 million for the second season finale in August and also down from the season two premiere of 2.95 million last January. One positive note is that Hot in Cleveland was not a series low. As for The Exes, the premiere of 1.44 million was down from the Retired at 35 premiere of 2.01 million last January but up from its finale of 1.21 million in March. Comparing it to the premiere of Happily Divorced in June, the premiere of The Exes was down from that series' 2.41 million and also its season finale in August of 1.64 million. The Exes has to do better than Retired at 35 if it wants to last, as that series was barely renewed for a second season.
Both series airs Wednesdays at 10:00pm & 10:30pm ET on TV Land through February, with The Exes having its season finale on Feb. 1 and Hot in Cleveland having its mid-season finale on Feb. 15. Retired at 35 returns March 7 airing on its own, while Happily Divorced returns on June 6 at 10:30pm when Hot in Cleveland returns for its second half of the third season. All advanced dates are subject to change, so stay with us for further information.
CBS Consumer Products has joined forces with TeamFanShop, Inc., a leader in e-commerce solutions, to launch a new online store for Television City, the greatest collection of TV icons and the ultimate destination for classic TV fans. ShopTVCity.com launched Thursday and highlights products with unique and relevant slogans and imagery from the shows. Fans of hit shows of the past will now enjoy customer friendly policies such as flat rate, quick and efficient shipping, easy yearlong returns, and an unconditional satisfaction guarantee.
ShopTVCity.com has something for everyone with retro tees, fleece, sweatshirts and hoodies that feature catchphrases like "Here to Save the Day" from Mighty Mouse and "I Make Cool Look Easy" from Happy Days. The following shows from the Television City collection are featured with merchandise: 7th Heaven, Andy Griffith Show, The Beverly Hillbillies, The Brady Bunch, Cheers, Beverly Hills 90210, Charmed, Dynasty, Ghost Whisperer, Gomer Pyle, Gunsmoke, Happy Days, Hogan's Heroes, Jericho, Laverne & Shirley, Little Rascals, Love Boat, Medium, Melrose Place, Mighty Mouse, Mod Squad, Mork and Mindy, Taxi, Touched by an Angel and Twilight Zone.
TeamFanShop focuses on providing CBS Consumer Products with service, quality, technology and merchandising management. The multi-year agreement includes a fully enhanced shopping experience backed by a growing collection of Television City products that brings back memories of yesteryear, as well as an industry leading customer service team and state-of-the-art security.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January)
01/06 - The Cosby Show - Season 5 (Mill Creek)
01/06 - The Cosby Show - Season 6 (Mill Creek)
01/06 - The Cosby Show - Seasons 5 & 6 (Mill Creek)
01/06 - Girls - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
01/06 - Married with Children - Season Seven (Mill Creek)
01/06 - Married with Children - Season Eight (Mill Creek)
01/06 - Married with Children - Seasons Seven and Eight (Mill Creek)
01/13 - The Big House - The Complete Series
01/13 - Episodes - The Third Season
01/13 - The Facts of Life - The Complete Series (Shout! Factory
01/20 - Welcome Back, Kotter - The Complete Second Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, January 24
Henry Danger - "Spoiler Alert" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Henry and Ray have to deal with an especially annoying new villain, the Spoiler. Piper is pushed to her limits as she tries to join a popular Captain Man fan club.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "The Quad-Test" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
The Quads have a contest to see who can go the longest without their favorite possessions, but they all quickly learn that giving up their security item is not as easy as it looks.
Bella and the Bulldogs - "That's Some Gossip, Girl" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Just as Bella starts to feel like one of the guys, she finds herself the focus of suspicion when the boys suspect her of leaking team secrets to reporter Ace McFumbles who broadcasts them to the whole school.
The Thundermans - "Parents Just Don't Understand" (Nickelodeon, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Frustrated by the family's rules, Phoebe and Max use one his devices to make Hank and Barb act like teenagers. But the responsibility of now having to be the parents makes the teenagers regret their actions.
Monday, January 26
- Louis CK (Louie) - Watch Louis on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Martin Short (Mulaney/The Martin Short Show) - Martin appears on The Late Late Show at 12:37am on CBS.
- Tony Danza (Taxi/Who's the Boss?) - Tony is a guest on The Late Late Show at 12:37am on CBS.
- Alan Alda (M*A*S*H) - Alan visits The Late Late Show at 12:37am on CBS.
- Maya Rudolph (Up All Night) - Maya appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ken Marino (Marry Me/Party Down), John Gemberling (Broad City/Marry Me) and Tymberlee Hill (Marry Me/The Hotwives of Orlando) - Ken, John and Tymberlee are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Amanda Peet (Togetherness/Bent) - Amanda stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Kristin chats on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Olivia Munn (Perfect Couples) - Olivia appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Bob Saget (Full House/How I Met Your Mother) - Bob is a guest on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly visits The Real, so check your local listings. She also guest-hosts Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Mario Lopez (Saved by the Bell/Saved by the Bell: The New Class) - Mario and his wife Courtney are guests on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York between 7-10am.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal - NeNe talks about the highlights of the SAG Awards on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.