Monday, December 05, 2011
Premiere Ratings for TV Land's Hot in Cleveland and The Exes; CBS Consumer Products Launches Classic TV Store
Last Wednesday (Nov. 30), TV Land's season three premiere of Hot in Cleveland drew 3.7 million total viewers on premiere night, which adds up the 10pm, 11pm and 1am airings. Not counting the two encores at 11pm & 1am, the 10pm premiere drew 1.94 million viewers and a 0.4 A18-49 rating. The season premiere led into the series premiere of The Exes which drew 2.9 million total viewers on premiere night, which adds up the 10:30pm, 11:30pm and 1:30am airings. Not counting the two encores at 11:30pm & 1:30am, the 10:30pm premiere drew 1.44 million viewers and a 0.3 18-49 rating. The sitcom stars critically-acclaimed actors Donald Faison, Wayne Knight, David Alan Basche, Kelly Stables and Emmy(R) Award-winner Kristen Johnston.
The Hot in Cleveland season premiere of 1.94 million was down from its 2.44 million for the second season finale in August and also down from the season two premiere of 2.95 million last January. One positive note is that Hot in Cleveland was not a series low. As for The Exes, the premiere of 1.44 million was down from the Retired at 35 premiere of 2.01 million last January but up from its finale of 1.21 million in March. Comparing it to the premiere of Happily Divorced in June, the premiere of The Exes was down from that series' 2.41 million and also its season finale in August of 1.64 million. The Exes has to do better than Retired at 35 if it wants to last, as that series was barely renewed for a second season.
Both series airs Wednesdays at 10:00pm & 10:30pm ET on TV Land through February, with The Exes having its season finale on Feb. 1 and Hot in Cleveland having its mid-season finale on Feb. 15. Retired at 35 returns March 7 airing on its own, while Happily Divorced returns on June 6 at 10:30pm when Hot in Cleveland returns for its second half of the third season. All advanced dates are subject to change, so stay with us for further information.
CBS Consumer Products has joined forces with TeamFanShop, Inc., a leader in e-commerce solutions, to launch a new online store for Television City, the greatest collection of TV icons and the ultimate destination for classic TV fans. ShopTVCity.com launched Thursday and highlights products with unique and relevant slogans and imagery from the shows. Fans of hit shows of the past will now enjoy customer friendly policies such as flat rate, quick and efficient shipping, easy yearlong returns, and an unconditional satisfaction guarantee.
ShopTVCity.com has something for everyone with retro tees, fleece, sweatshirts and hoodies that feature catchphrases like "Here to Save the Day" from Mighty Mouse and "I Make Cool Look Easy" from Happy Days. The following shows from the Television City collection are featured with merchandise: 7th Heaven, Andy Griffith Show, The Beverly Hillbillies, The Brady Bunch, Cheers, Beverly Hills 90210, Charmed, Dynasty, Ghost Whisperer, Gomer Pyle, Gunsmoke, Happy Days, Hogan's Heroes, Jericho, Laverne & Shirley, Little Rascals, Love Boat, Medium, Melrose Place, Mighty Mouse, Mod Squad, Mork and Mindy, Taxi, Touched by an Angel and Twilight Zone.
TeamFanShop focuses on providing CBS Consumer Products with service, quality, technology and merchandising management. The multi-year agreement includes a fully enhanced shopping experience backed by a growing collection of Television City products that brings back memories of yesteryear, as well as an industry leading customer service team and state-of-the-art security.
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, July 26
Bad Teacher - "The Bottle" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Meredith’s venue for her 30th birthday party falls through, she plots a takeover of Kim’s student teacher exam celebration. However, once the party is underway, her lies start to unravel as she tries to keep her rich friends from her old life separate from her new co-workers.
Bad Teacher - "What's Old Is New" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Staff and students are all focused on standardized test day when Meredith and Principal Carl’s attentions are diverted by the arrival of their ex-spouses, making them question whether they want second chances with their former loves. Steven Weber Guest Stars as Meredith’s Ex-Husband Ray; Niecy Nash Guest Stars as Principal Carl’s Ex-Wife Carla.
Sunday, July 27
- Fran Drescher (The Nanny/Happily Divorced) - Fran talks about her battle with cancer, meeting the love of her life, and her latest role on Broadway on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 9pm on OWN.
- Will Arnett (The Millers/Up All Night/Arrested Development) - Watch Will on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Melissa Rauch (The Big Bang Theory) - Melissa appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Rachelle Lefevre (Life on a Stick/Big Wolf on Campus) - Rachelle visits on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/Carpoolers) - T.J. is part of the guest panel on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Marlon Wayans (The Wayans Bros.) - Marlon drops by The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Roseanne Barr (Roseanne) - Roseanne appears on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Whoopi Goldberg (Whoopi/Bagdad Cafe) - Whoopi talks about Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Keke Palmer (True Jackson, VP) - Keke interviews Queen on The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET.
- Swoosie Kurtz (Mike & Molly/Love, Sidney) - Swoosie is a guest on The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET.
- Don Rickles (C.P.O. Sharkey/Daddy Dearest) - Mr. Warmth appears on Larry King Now at 2/5pm PT/ET on Ora.tv and Hulu.
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Anthony joins the Plugged In panel on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Wendi McClendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement) - Wendi is a guest on a repeat of The Better Show, so check your local listings.