Monday, December 05, 2011
Premiere Ratings for TV Land's Hot in Cleveland and The Exes; CBS Consumer Products Launches Classic TV Store
Last Wednesday (Nov. 30), TV Land's season three premiere of Hot in Cleveland drew 3.7 million total viewers on premiere night, which adds up the 10pm, 11pm and 1am airings. Not counting the two encores at 11pm & 1am, the 10pm premiere drew 1.94 million viewers and a 0.4 A18-49 rating. The season premiere led into the series premiere of The Exes which drew 2.9 million total viewers on premiere night, which adds up the 10:30pm, 11:30pm and 1:30am airings. Not counting the two encores at 11:30pm & 1:30am, the 10:30pm premiere drew 1.44 million viewers and a 0.3 18-49 rating. The sitcom stars critically-acclaimed actors Donald Faison, Wayne Knight, David Alan Basche, Kelly Stables and Emmy(R) Award-winner Kristen Johnston.
The Hot in Cleveland season premiere of 1.94 million was down from its 2.44 million for the second season finale in August and also down from the season two premiere of 2.95 million last January. One positive note is that Hot in Cleveland was not a series low. As for The Exes, the premiere of 1.44 million was down from the Retired at 35 premiere of 2.01 million last January but up from its finale of 1.21 million in March. Comparing it to the premiere of Happily Divorced in June, the premiere of The Exes was down from that series' 2.41 million and also its season finale in August of 1.64 million. The Exes has to do better than Retired at 35 if it wants to last, as that series was barely renewed for a second season.
Both series airs Wednesdays at 10:00pm & 10:30pm ET on TV Land through February, with The Exes having its season finale on Feb. 1 and Hot in Cleveland having its mid-season finale on Feb. 15. Retired at 35 returns March 7 airing on its own, while Happily Divorced returns on June 6 at 10:30pm when Hot in Cleveland returns for its second half of the third season. All advanced dates are subject to change, so stay with us for further information.
CBS Consumer Products has joined forces with TeamFanShop, Inc., a leader in e-commerce solutions, to launch a new online store for Television City, the greatest collection of TV icons and the ultimate destination for classic TV fans. ShopTVCity.com launched Thursday and highlights products with unique and relevant slogans and imagery from the shows. Fans of hit shows of the past will now enjoy customer friendly policies such as flat rate, quick and efficient shipping, easy yearlong returns, and an unconditional satisfaction guarantee.
ShopTVCity.com has something for everyone with retro tees, fleece, sweatshirts and hoodies that feature catchphrases like "Here to Save the Day" from Mighty Mouse and "I Make Cool Look Easy" from Happy Days. The following shows from the Television City collection are featured with merchandise: 7th Heaven, Andy Griffith Show, The Beverly Hillbillies, The Brady Bunch, Cheers, Beverly Hills 90210, Charmed, Dynasty, Ghost Whisperer, Gomer Pyle, Gunsmoke, Happy Days, Hogan's Heroes, Jericho, Laverne & Shirley, Little Rascals, Love Boat, Medium, Melrose Place, Mighty Mouse, Mod Squad, Mork and Mindy, Taxi, Touched by an Angel and Twilight Zone.
TeamFanShop focuses on providing CBS Consumer Products with service, quality, technology and merchandising management. The multi-year agreement includes a fully enhanced shopping experience backed by a growing collection of Television City products that brings back memories of yesteryear, as well as an industry leading customer service team and state-of-the-art security.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)
10/07 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Classic Christmas Episodes
10/07 - The Flying Nun - The Complete First and Second Seasons (Mill Creek)
10/07 - The Middle - The Complete Fifth Season (Warner Archive)
10/07 - The Office - The Complete Series
10/07 - The Wonders Years - Season One
10/10 - The Wonder Years - The Complete Series - Read Our Review / The Signature Edition / Seasons 1-3
10/14 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Third Season
10/14 - Two and a Half Men - The Complete Eleventh Season
10/21 - Married with Children - Seasons 5 and 6 (Mill Crek)
10/21 - The Soul Man - The Complete Second Season
10/21 - Square Pegs - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/28 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Series / Read Our Review
11/04 - Hot in Cleveland - Season Five
11/04 - Napoleon Dynamite - The Complete Animated Series
11/04 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Complete Series
11/11 - Dads - The Complete Series
11/11 - Family Ties - The Complete Series
11/11 - My Favorite Martian - Best of Collection
11/11 - Taxi - The Complete Series
11/11 - Wings - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/18 - King of the Hill - The Complete Seventh Season / The Complete Eighth Season
11/25 - Better Off Ted - The Complete Second Season
12/02 - Happy Days - The Sixth Season
12/09 - Barney Miller - The Complete Sixth Season
12/09 - The Jeffersons - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mister Ed - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mork & Mindy - The Fourth Season / The Complete Series
12/16 - The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis - The Final (Fourth) Season
12/23 - My Favorite Martian - Season Two - Collector's Edition
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, November 25
New Girl - "Thanksgiving IV" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
With winter coming and everyone still single, Schmidt initiates a “Bangs-giving”-themed Thanksgiving dinner party, to which everyone must bring someone compatible for someone else.
The Mindy Project - "How to Lose a Mon in Ten Days" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Mindy sets up Danny’s mom, Annette, (guest star Rhea Pearlman) on a blind date that leads to a crazy sequence of events culminating in a date – and possibly even true love.
Marry Me - "Bruges Me" (NBC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
After a meeting with Annie (Casey Wilson) and their wedding officiant Dawn (guest star Mo Gaffney), Jake (Ken Marino) decides he should get to know Annie’s dads better. When Jake and Kevin 1 (Tim Meadows) bond over their love of motorcycles, however, it leads to some pretty serious family trouble, particularly with Kevin 2 (Dan Bucatinsky). Meanwhile, Gil (John Gemberling) is very excited about his booth at the annual Flemish Pride Parade and enlists Annie to help him prepare a special musical production.
About a Boy - "About a Balcony" (NBC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Marcus (Benjamin Stockham) is ecstatic when a popular new teacher, Mr. Chris (guest star Chris Diamantopoulos) casts him as Romeo in the school production of notable Shakespeare scenes. Marcus asks Will (David Walton) to build the balcony set for his scene, however Will is more interested in watching “The Three Stooges” marathon with Marcus instead. Threatened by Mr. Chris’ growing relationship with Marcus, Will tries to impress them with the construction of his balcony. Elsewhere, Mr. Chris not only has gained a fan in Marcus, but Fiona (Minnie Driver) as well.
Benched - "Shark, Actually" (USA Network, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Nina worries that she is being played; a stenographer rejects Phil's advances because he is too immature.
Family Time - "Powering Down" (Bounce TV, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Tony feels his family is drifting apart so he bans technology in the household.
Tuesday, November 25
- Aubrey Plaza (Parks and Recreation) - Catch Aubrey on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. She also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Breckin Meyer (Married to the Kellys/Inside Schwartz) - Breckin is a guest on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Kristin stops by The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS. She discusses her new album (Coming Home) and performs live on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Jennifer visits The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Cheryl Hines (Suburgatory/Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Cheryl talks about marrying a Kennedy and love scenes with Larry David on The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Jim Gaffigan (My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim is a guest on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Keke Palmer (True Jackson, VP) - Keke chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Michael Strahan (Brothers) - Michael delivers a special message to this parents on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Valerie Harper (The Mary Tyler Moore Show/Rhoda/Valerie) - Valerie continues to stun doctors on The Dr. Oz Show, so check your local listings.
- Candace Cameron Bure (Full House) - Candace weighs in on Dancing with the Stars performances on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. She will also be on VH1 Big Morning Buzz in the 9am hour. Candace's Christmas Under Wraps premieres on November 29 at 8/7C on Hallmark Channel.
- Tony Danza (Who's the Boss?/Taxi) - Tony will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- John O'Hurley (Seinfeld) - John is a guest on HuffPost Live at 2:00pm. He will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm.
- Michael J. Fox (Family Ties/Spin City/The Michael J. Fox Show) - Michael appears on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Marlo Thomas (That Girl) - Marlo will be on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.