Tuesday, December 20, 2011
Close Out 2011 and Ring in 2012 With The Honeymooners Marathon on WPIX; Possible Syndication for Hot in Cleveland On The Way
As we hinted last month, WPIX in New York will continue their tradition of airing The Honeymooners on New Year's Eve. From the Gotham Bus Company depot to the Raccoon Lodge, WPIX11 is NY's home for The Honeymooners. New Yorkers have been ringing in the New Year with Ralphie Boy on WPIX11 since 1996, when The Honeymooners Marathon (which began airing on the station in 1976) moved to New Year's Eve. This year, the marathon of 38 classic episodes begins Saturday, December 31, 2011 at 11pm and runs for 19 consecutive hours to 6pm on New Year's Day - Sunday, January 1, 2012. No break for kids series or news this year, so stay up for 19 straight hours for non-stop laughs!
The PIX11 Honeymooners Marathon featuring our favorite Brooklyn residents Ralph Kramden (Jackie Gleason), Ed Norton (Art Carney), Alice Kramden (Audrey Meadows) and Trixie Norton (Joyce Randolph) will include the following episodes which will air in original broadcast order: "TV or Not TV," "Funny Money," "The Golfer," "A Woman's Work is Never Done," "A Matter of Life and Death," "The Sleepwalker," "Better Living Through TV," "Pal O'Mine," "Brother Ralph," "Hello Mom," "The Deciding Vote," "Something Fishy," "The Man from Space," "A Matter of Record," "Oh, My Aching Back," "The Babysitter," "The $99,000 Answer," "Ralph Kramden, Inc.," "Young at Heart," "A Dog's Life," "Here Comes the Bride," "Mama Loves Mambo," "Please Leave the Premises," "Pardon My Glove," "Young Man with a Horn," "Head of the House," "The Worry Wart," "Trapped," "The Loudspeaker," "On Stage," "Opportunity Knocks But," "Unconventional Behavior," "The Safety Award," "Mind Your Own Business," "Alice and the Blonde," "The Bensonhurst Bomber," "Dial J for Janitor," and "A Man's Pride." So they are airing the classic 39 episodes, with only the Christmas episode missing from this list. But as we mentioned, on Christmas Eve, WPIX will air the Christmas episode of The Honeymooners at 11:30pm.
CBS Television Distribution has acquired the exclusive broadcast domestic distribution rights for TV Land's hit sitcom Hot in Cleveland. The series premiered on TV Land in June 2010, opening to an audience of nearly six million viewers in live+seven day viewing, the largest in the network's history. The first season consisted of ten episodes. Through its past two full seasons, the sitcom has averaged 3.5 million total viewers, according to Nielsen. It was such an immediate hit that in July 2010, TV Land renewed it for a second season after just a month, which premiered in January 2011 for 22 episodes. Production on season three began in September and began airing on November 30 and 24 total episodes will air this season. By the end of this production cycle, there will be 56 episodes of the show. Local broadcast stations want to have at least 88 episodes of a series available in order to air it five days a week. If the ratings continue to be decent, look for them to reach that goal, especially since they are already thinking of syndication. CBS and TV Land will begin selling the series to broadcast stations in six to nine month, so stay with us and we'll let you know where it is headed in the land of reruns.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (May)
05/03 - Mad About You - The Complete Series
05/03 - The Jim Gaffigan Show - Season One
05/10 - Newhart - The Complete Fifth Season
05/17 - Angie Tribeca - The Complete First Season
05/17 - The Facts of Life - The Final (Ninth) Season
05/24 - The Wonder Years - Season Five
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, May 25
Lopez - "Lopez Gets Roasted" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
George agrees to be roasted before finding out his wife is legally tying up his jokes, leaving him without an act. Will he be able to change her mind or get out of the roast in time?
The Soul Man - "No Bingo, No Peace" (TV Land, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Mayor Saxby is purposely interrupting all aspects of the Ballentines' lives, including revoking Barton's Bingo permit. When Barton protests, it inspires Boyce to take action.
Schitt's Creek - "Lawn Signs" (Pop, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Some of Moira's lawn signs disappear; David and Alexis work to get David's boss out of trouble.
Wednesday, May 25
- David Spade (Rules of Engagement/8 Simple Rules/Just Shoot Me!) - Watch David on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Wil Wheaton (The Big Bang Theory) - Wil is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Sean Hayes (The Millers/Sean Saves the World/Will & Grace) - Sean talks about An Act of God on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Peter Scolari (Newhart/Bosom Buddies) - Peter visits New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Emeril Lagasse (Emeril) - Emeril dishes up his famous banana cream pie on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Jane Lynch (Angel from Hell) and Kate Flannery (The Office) - Jane and Kate talk about See Jane Sing on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Sherri Shepherd (Less Than Perfect/Sherri) - Sherri talks about WE's Match Made in Heaven on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) - Melissa and the cast of Ghostbusters are guests on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Mark Feuerstein (Good Morning, Miami) - Mark is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.