Tuesday, December 20, 2011
Close Out 2011 and Ring in 2012 With The Honeymooners Marathon on WPIX; Possible Syndication for Hot in Cleveland On The Way
As we hinted last month, WPIX in New York will continue their tradition of airing The Honeymooners on New Year's Eve. From the Gotham Bus Company depot to the Raccoon Lodge, WPIX11 is NY's home for The Honeymooners. New Yorkers have been ringing in the New Year with Ralphie Boy on WPIX11 since 1996, when The Honeymooners Marathon (which began airing on the station in 1976) moved to New Year's Eve. This year, the marathon of 38 classic episodes begins Saturday, December 31, 2011 at 11pm and runs for 19 consecutive hours to 6pm on New Year's Day - Sunday, January 1, 2012. No break for kids series or news this year, so stay up for 19 straight hours for non-stop laughs!
The PIX11 Honeymooners Marathon featuring our favorite Brooklyn residents Ralph Kramden (Jackie Gleason), Ed Norton (Art Carney), Alice Kramden (Audrey Meadows) and Trixie Norton (Joyce Randolph) will include the following episodes which will air in original broadcast order: "TV or Not TV," "Funny Money," "The Golfer," "A Woman's Work is Never Done," "A Matter of Life and Death," "The Sleepwalker," "Better Living Through TV," "Pal O'Mine," "Brother Ralph," "Hello Mom," "The Deciding Vote," "Something Fishy," "The Man from Space," "A Matter of Record," "Oh, My Aching Back," "The Babysitter," "The $99,000 Answer," "Ralph Kramden, Inc.," "Young at Heart," "A Dog's Life," "Here Comes the Bride," "Mama Loves Mambo," "Please Leave the Premises," "Pardon My Glove," "Young Man with a Horn," "Head of the House," "The Worry Wart," "Trapped," "The Loudspeaker," "On Stage," "Opportunity Knocks But," "Unconventional Behavior," "The Safety Award," "Mind Your Own Business," "Alice and the Blonde," "The Bensonhurst Bomber," "Dial J for Janitor," and "A Man's Pride." So they are airing the classic 39 episodes, with only the Christmas episode missing from this list. But as we mentioned, on Christmas Eve, WPIX will air the Christmas episode of The Honeymooners at 11:30pm.
CBS Television Distribution has acquired the exclusive broadcast domestic distribution rights for TV Land's hit sitcom Hot in Cleveland. The series premiered on TV Land in June 2010, opening to an audience of nearly six million viewers in live+seven day viewing, the largest in the network's history. The first season consisted of ten episodes. Through its past two full seasons, the sitcom has averaged 3.5 million total viewers, according to Nielsen. It was such an immediate hit that in July 2010, TV Land renewed it for a second season after just a month, which premiered in January 2011 for 22 episodes. Production on season three began in September and began airing on November 30 and 24 total episodes will air this season. By the end of this production cycle, there will be 56 episodes of the show. Local broadcast stations want to have at least 88 episodes of a series available in order to air it five days a week. If the ratings continue to be decent, look for them to reach that goal, especially since they are already thinking of syndication. CBS and TV Land will begin selling the series to broadcast stations in six to nine month, so stay with us and we'll let you know where it is headed in the land of reruns.
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, July 28
2 Broke Girls - "And the Icing on the Cake" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Deke invites Max’s friends over for a gathering at his dumpster, Caroline learns an enormous secret about his background.
Mom - "Jail Jail and Japanese Porn" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Christy puts her new relationship ahead of friends and family, Bonnie has to pick up the slack. Academy Award winner Octavia Spencer returns as Regina. Nick Zano returns as David.
Mike & Molly - "They Shoot Asses, Don't They?" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Mike decides he needs to live every day like it’s his last after being shot during a robbery. As a result, he tells Carl it’s time for him to quit the police force.
Two and a Half Men - "Clank, Clank, Drunken Skank" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Walden starts partying with Jenny and her hot friends. Meanwhile, Alan and Lyndsey’s illicit affair is jeopardized.
Monday, July 28
- Will Arnett (The Millers/Up All Night/Arrested Development) - Watch Will on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Melissa Rauch (The Big Bang Theory) - Melissa appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Rachelle Lefevre (Life on a Stick/Big Wolf on Campus) - Rachelle visits on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/Carpoolers) - T.J. is part of the guest panel on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Marlon Wayans (The Wayans Bros.) - Marlon drops by The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Roseanne Barr (Roseanne) - Roseanne appears on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Whoopi Goldberg (Whoopi/Bagdad Cafe) - Whoopi talks about Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Keke Palmer (True Jackson, VP) - Keke interviews Queen on The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET.
- Swoosie Kurtz (Mike & Molly/Love, Sidney) - Swoosie is a guest on The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET.
- Don Rickles (C.P.O. Sharkey/Daddy Dearest) - Mr. Warmth appears on Larry King Now at 2/5pm PT/ET on Ora.tv and Hulu.
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Anthony joins the Plugged In panel on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Wendi McClendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement) - Wendi is a guest on a repeat of The Better Show, so check your local listings.