Tuesday, December 20, 2011
Close Out 2011 and Ring in 2012 With The Honeymooners Marathon on WPIX; Possible Syndication for Hot in Cleveland On The Way
As we hinted last month, WPIX in New York will continue their tradition of airing The Honeymooners on New Year's Eve. From the Gotham Bus Company depot to the Raccoon Lodge, WPIX11 is NY's home for The Honeymooners. New Yorkers have been ringing in the New Year with Ralphie Boy on WPIX11 since 1996, when The Honeymooners Marathon (which began airing on the station in 1976) moved to New Year's Eve. This year, the marathon of 38 classic episodes begins Saturday, December 31, 2011 at 11pm and runs for 19 consecutive hours to 6pm on New Year's Day - Sunday, January 1, 2012. No break for kids series or news this year, so stay up for 19 straight hours for non-stop laughs!
The PIX11 Honeymooners Marathon featuring our favorite Brooklyn residents Ralph Kramden (Jackie Gleason), Ed Norton (Art Carney), Alice Kramden (Audrey Meadows) and Trixie Norton (Joyce Randolph) will include the following episodes which will air in original broadcast order: "TV or Not TV," "Funny Money," "The Golfer," "A Woman's Work is Never Done," "A Matter of Life and Death," "The Sleepwalker," "Better Living Through TV," "Pal O'Mine," "Brother Ralph," "Hello Mom," "The Deciding Vote," "Something Fishy," "The Man from Space," "A Matter of Record," "Oh, My Aching Back," "The Babysitter," "The $99,000 Answer," "Ralph Kramden, Inc.," "Young at Heart," "A Dog's Life," "Here Comes the Bride," "Mama Loves Mambo," "Please Leave the Premises," "Pardon My Glove," "Young Man with a Horn," "Head of the House," "The Worry Wart," "Trapped," "The Loudspeaker," "On Stage," "Opportunity Knocks But," "Unconventional Behavior," "The Safety Award," "Mind Your Own Business," "Alice and the Blonde," "The Bensonhurst Bomber," "Dial J for Janitor," and "A Man's Pride." So they are airing the classic 39 episodes, with only the Christmas episode missing from this list. But as we mentioned, on Christmas Eve, WPIX will air the Christmas episode of The Honeymooners at 11:30pm.
CBS Television Distribution has acquired the exclusive broadcast domestic distribution rights for TV Land's hit sitcom Hot in Cleveland. The series premiered on TV Land in June 2010, opening to an audience of nearly six million viewers in live+seven day viewing, the largest in the network's history. The first season consisted of ten episodes. Through its past two full seasons, the sitcom has averaged 3.5 million total viewers, according to Nielsen. It was such an immediate hit that in July 2010, TV Land renewed it for a second season after just a month, which premiered in January 2011 for 22 episodes. Production on season three began in September and began airing on November 30 and 24 total episodes will air this season. By the end of this production cycle, there will be 56 episodes of the show. Local broadcast stations want to have at least 88 episodes of a series available in order to air it five days a week. If the ratings continue to be decent, look for them to reach that goal, especially since they are already thinking of syndication. CBS and TV Land will begin selling the series to broadcast stations in six to nine month, so stay with us and we'll let you know where it is headed in the land of reruns.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, February 27
The Big Bang Theory - "The Dependence Transcedence" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Tensions rise when the boys struggle to complete their government project on time and Sheldon tries an energy drink to stay awake. Also, Penny and Amy go to a “party” at Bert (Brian Posehn) the geologist’s house, and Kooothrappali learns Bernadette’s true feelings about her pregnancy when they clean out the future baby room. Dean Norris returns as Air Force Representative Colonel Williams.
Man with a Plan - "Assisted Living" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Adam's parents visit unannounced, they reveal surprising plans for their future living arrangements. Emmy Award winner Swoosie Kurtz and Stacy Keach guest star as Bev and Joe, Adam and Don’s parents.
Superior Donuts - "Takin' It to the Streets" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Franco and Sweatpants discover their new landlord, Fawz, wants to convert their apartment building into luxury condos, they decide to organize a protest. Also, Randy realizes she needs to be nicer to James in order to get a good recommendation for her sergeant’s exam.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Dad Day Afternoon" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Han’s new therapist suggests that Max needs to confront her “daddy issues” and fear of intimacy, she reluctantly heads to Rhode Island to track down her birth father with the diner gang in tow. Also, Oleg is up in arms when Sophie wants him to help out around the house.
Monday, February 27
- Keri Russell (Running Wilde) - Watch Keri on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Connie Britton (Spin City/The Fighting Fitzgeralds/Lost at Home) - Connie appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Slink Johnson (Black Jesus) - Slick is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation) - Adam drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Josh Henderson (One on One) - Josh appears on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo. He also talks about The Arrangement on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- David Hyde Pierce (Frasier) - David chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Leighton Meester (Making History) - Leighton stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly visits Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- John Lithgow (Trial & Error/Twenty Good Years/3rd Rock from the Sun) - John talks about Trial & Error on NBC's Today in the 9am hour and on the AOL Build Show at 1:30pm.
- Billy Gardell (Mike & Molly) - Billy dishes on how This is Us is following in Mike & Molly’s footsteps – and why both shows are so beloved on People Now at 8:30am.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) and Craig Robinson (The Office) - Lisa and Craig talk about their new film Table 19 on the AOL Build Show at 2:30pm.
- Sinbad (A Different World/The Sinbad Show) - Sinbad is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Bradley Whitford (Trophy Wife) - Bradley visits The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Craig Robinson (The Office/Mr. Robinson) - Craig appears on The Real, so check your local listings.