Monday, November 28, 2011
INSP January 2012 Schedule with Happy Days; Tonight Show Gives A Lucky Member of The Air Force To Appear On Whitney and Are You There, Chelsea?
Just last week we told you that Happy Days and Little House on the Prairie are joining the INSP January 2012 schedule, but now we have the full January line-up! We know that Happy Days will be airing weekdays at 6:00pm & 6:30pm ET starting Jan. 2, bit you'll be glad to hear that The Brady Bunch will now air weekdays at 5:00pm & 5:30pm ET as a lead-in! The schedule will start on Monday, Jan. 2 and the line-up will kick-off at 1pm ET with The Waltons every weekday. Then at 2pm ET, it's Wind At My Back. Then at 3pm ET, The Big Valley remains, but its 4pm ET slot will now be the new addition Little House on the Prairie. As mentioned, the sitcoms will air in the 4pm & 6pm ET hours, so Dr. Quinn will be moved to 7pm ET, as Wind At My Back moves to 2pm ET. In primetime, The Waltons remains at 8pm ET, but the second hour will now be Little House on the Prairie at 9pm ET. Then another hour will follow at 10pm ET, leading into Dr. Quinn at 11pm ET, which will remain. And finally for weeknights, The Big Valley remains at 12 midnight and will also gain the 1am ET hour replacing Our House, which will be removed from the schedule for now.
Moving on to weekends, we mentioned Little House joins the line-up with a New Year's Day marathon on Sunday, Jan. 1, but the following weekend will have some changes. On Saturdays, Little House will be airing at 7pm ET, while Bonanza and The Big Valley remain from 12-2am ET. And finally on Sundays, The Waltons and Little House will air Sundays from 1-3pm ET replacing back-to-back Dr. Quinn. Every other timeslot we have not mentioned is an inspirational, gospel, or other type of series.
NBC's The Tonight Show with Jay Leno offered its all-military audience on last Wednesday's show (November 23) an opportunity to win a guest role on the upcoming new network comedy Are You There, Chelsea? and current comedy Whitney. Each branch of the military were given an audition and the best performance won a cameo role in an upcoming episode of Are You There, Chelsea? and also a guest role on the Whitney Cummings sitcom Whitney. Whitney Cummings, along with Tonight Show correspondent Ross Matthews, served as the judges for the competition. Cummings replaced Chelsea Handler who was originally supposed to be one of the judges, so with Cummings appearing, they added Whitney to the prize.
After the competition, the winner was Marcus McGinnis from the Air Force. Marcus will have a speaking guest role on Whitney on an episode this season and will have a cameo on Are You There, Chelsea. Both sitcoms will air back-to-back on Wednesday nights starting Wednesday, Jan. 11, 2012 from 8-9pm ET on NBC.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, October 25
The Middle - "Halloween VIII: The Heckoning" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
As Halloween approaches, Frankie is taken aback when she discovers that, if the circumstances ever arose where she and Mike got divorced, the kids would all choose to live with Mike. Meanwhile, Sue tries everything in her power to get her room back from Brick, and having to be so nice around girlfriend April all of the time leads Axl to lash out at his family.
American Housewife - "Westport Zombies" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Katie, jealous of Taylor’s friendship with neighbor Viv (Leslie Bibb), reluctantly competes in the Westport Halloween “Zombie Run” after she finds out they’ll both be running. Meanwhile, Greg and Anna-Kat get a little too much in character for the “zombie” part of the run’s obstacle course.
Fresh Off the Boat - "Louisween" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
It’s Louis’ favorite holiday, and he makes every attempt to scare Jessica into the Halloween spirit, but she is buried in her word processor, drafting her first horror novel. Meanwhile, Emery and Evan debate costume choices, and Eddie and his crew are excited to party with high schoolers at Nicole’s house.
The Real O'Neals - "The Real Halloween" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Halloween arrives, or what Kenny refers to as “the gay Super Bowl,” he plans to go to Boystown to watch the festive costume parade. In an effort to prevent Kenny from attending, Eileen agrees to let him throw his own Halloween party at home. Eileen’s tolerance is ultimately tested when Kenny recruits Stuart and his gay friends to join the big party, and he makes a BIG costume change. Meanwhile, Jimmy and Shannon plan to pull off an epic Halloween prank.
Atlanta - "Junteenth" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Why my Auntie trying to make me go to one of these bougie Junteenth parties again? I don't like them sadity people and I'm gonna miss my shows. Le sigh.
Family Time - "Head of House" (Bounce TV, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When the Stallworths have an unexpected visitor, they learn of a vicious crime that took place in their home years ago.
Tuesday, October 25
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Catch Will on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Friends) - Matt is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Cobie Smulders (How I Met Your Mother) - Cobie appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Skylar Astin (Ground Floor) - Skylar is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Mary Lynn Rajskub (How to Be a Gentleman/Veronica's Closet/The Larry Sanders Show) and David Koechner (Another Period/Hank/The Office) - Mary and David are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John appears on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Jamie Lee Curtis (Scream Queens/Anything But Love) - Jamie Lee is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Erinn Hayes (Kevin Can Wait/Guys with Kids/Worst Week) - Erinn plays a celeb guessing game with Rach, who’s serving up no-fail make-your-own takeout, on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. She will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Cheryl Hines (Son of Zorn/Suburgatory/Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Cheryl is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Abbi Jacobson (Broad City) - Abbi will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. She will also be on the AOL Build Show 4pm.
- Don Rickles (C.P.O. Sharkey/Daddy Dearest) - Don is a guest on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Nico Tortorella (Younger) - Nico appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.