Monday, November 28, 2011
INSP January 2012 Schedule with Happy Days; Tonight Show Gives A Lucky Member of The Air Force To Appear On Whitney and Are You There, Chelsea?
Just last week we told you that Happy Days and Little House on the Prairie are joining the INSP January 2012 schedule, but now we have the full January line-up! We know that Happy Days will be airing weekdays at 6:00pm & 6:30pm ET starting Jan. 2, bit you'll be glad to hear that The Brady Bunch will now air weekdays at 5:00pm & 5:30pm ET as a lead-in! The schedule will start on Monday, Jan. 2 and the line-up will kick-off at 1pm ET with The Waltons every weekday. Then at 2pm ET, it's Wind At My Back. Then at 3pm ET, The Big Valley remains, but its 4pm ET slot will now be the new addition Little House on the Prairie. As mentioned, the sitcoms will air in the 4pm & 6pm ET hours, so Dr. Quinn will be moved to 7pm ET, as Wind At My Back moves to 2pm ET. In primetime, The Waltons remains at 8pm ET, but the second hour will now be Little House on the Prairie at 9pm ET. Then another hour will follow at 10pm ET, leading into Dr. Quinn at 11pm ET, which will remain. And finally for weeknights, The Big Valley remains at 12 midnight and will also gain the 1am ET hour replacing Our House, which will be removed from the schedule for now.
Moving on to weekends, we mentioned Little House joins the line-up with a New Year's Day marathon on Sunday, Jan. 1, but the following weekend will have some changes. On Saturdays, Little House will be airing at 7pm ET, while Bonanza and The Big Valley remain from 12-2am ET. And finally on Sundays, The Waltons and Little House will air Sundays from 1-3pm ET replacing back-to-back Dr. Quinn. Every other timeslot we have not mentioned is an inspirational, gospel, or other type of series.
NBC's The Tonight Show with Jay Leno offered its all-military audience on last Wednesday's show (November 23) an opportunity to win a guest role on the upcoming new network comedy Are You There, Chelsea? and current comedy Whitney. Each branch of the military were given an audition and the best performance won a cameo role in an upcoming episode of Are You There, Chelsea? and also a guest role on the Whitney Cummings sitcom Whitney. Whitney Cummings, along with Tonight Show correspondent Ross Matthews, served as the judges for the competition. Cummings replaced Chelsea Handler who was originally supposed to be one of the judges, so with Cummings appearing, they added Whitney to the prize.
After the competition, the winner was Marcus McGinnis from the Air Force. Marcus will have a speaking guest role on Whitney on an episode this season and will have a cameo on Are You There, Chelsea. Both sitcoms will air back-to-back on Wednesday nights starting Wednesday, Jan. 11, 2012 from 8-9pm ET on NBC.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, December 8
The Big Bang Theory - "The Military Miniaturization" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Colonel Williams (Dean Norris), an Air Force representative from the Department of Material Command sits down to talk with Wolowitz.
The Great Indoors - "@Emma" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Emma quits after being turned down for a raise, Jack and Roland become the magazine’s newest and worst ever social media managers. Also, in a misguided attempt to boost business, Eddie re-brands his bar as “magic-themed.”
Mom - "Cornbread and a Cashmere Onesie" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Christy and Bonnie worry about Jill after her cry for help on the anniversary of her mother’s suicide.
Life in Pieces - "Swim Survivor Zen Talk" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When John decides to try out for “Survivor,” Tim gets jealous and attempts to undermine his audition tape. Also, Colleen confesses she can’t swim when she and Matt discuss Hawaii as a honeymoon destination; Jen pretends to get hooked on meditation so she can use the time to play cell phone games; and Heather gives Sophia the “sex” talk. “Survivor” host Jeff Probst guest stars as himself.
Thursday, December 8
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Catch Jennifer on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Lola Kirke (Mozart in the Jungle) - Lola is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Emeril Lagasse (Emeril) - Emeril guest co-hosts Rachael Ray and makes sausage-stuffed mushrooms, so check your local listings.
- Jodie Sweetin (Fuller House/Full House) and Andrea Barber (Fuller House/Full House) - Jodie and Andrea chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. Jodie joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Judah Friedlander (30 Rock) - Judah is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Lori Loughlin (Fuller House/Full House) - Lori is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT. She also talks about what to expect from Season 2 of Fuller House on People Now at 8:30am.
- Scott Patterson (Aliens in America) - Scott talks about Luke and Lorelai’s wedding scene from Gilmore Girls – and if he thinks the two will ever have a baby on People Now at 8:30am.
- Josh Radnor (How I Met Your Mother) - Josh is a guest on the AOL Build Show at 12pm.
- Emmanuelle Chriqui (Entourage) - Emanuelle appears the AOL Build Show 3:45pm.
- Gael Garcia Bernal (Mozart in the Jungle) - Gael is a guest on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Will appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.