Sunday, September 11, 2011
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for Summer Week 14, week of Aug. 29-Sep. 4)
- American Dad! (Fox) - A repeat at 7pm did 1.8 million and a 0.8 18-49 rating. The regular 9:30pm was preempted by the new summer series In the Flow...which isn't doing much in the ratings.
- Bob's Burgers (Fox) - A repeat did just 1.62 million and a 0.7 18-49 rating, losing ratings from its lead-in actually.
- The Simpsons (Fox) - A repeat did 2.51 million and a 1.1 18-49 rating, which was on the low side thanks to Labor Day weekend.
- The Cleveland Show (Fox) - A repeat did 2.38 million and a 1.1 18-49 rating.
- Family Guy (Fox) - A repeat did 3.03 million and a 1.4 18-49 rating, which is below normal but it was Labor Day weekend.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS) 2 airings - 3.59 million and a 1.2 18-49 rating for a repeat at 8pm was down some from the previous week, but it was Labor Day (I think it is worse airing on Fri-Sun because everyone is usually home by Monday night). A second repeat followed and delivered 3.84 million and a 1.4 18-49 rating, also off a bit from previous week.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - 5.16 million and a 1.5 18-49 rating for a repeat at 9pm is on par week-to-week.
- Mike & Molly (CBS) - 5.18 million and a 1.4 18-49 rating for a repeat at 9:30pm was up some from the previous week. Proves that Labor Day night is not affected in the ratings.
- Raising Hope (Fox) 2 airings - A repeat at 9pm did 2.12 million and a 0.8 18-49 rating, on par with previous week. A repeat at 9:30pm only mustered 2.01 million and a 0.8 18-49 rating, but once again on par with previous week and virtually held on to the 9pm numbers.
- The Middle (ABC) 2 airings - A repeat at 8pm did 4.03 million and a 1.2 18-49 rating, up a tenth from previous week. A second repeat followed with 4.67 million and grew nicely to a 1.5 18-49 rating. Good showing.
- Modern Family (ABC) 2 airings - A repeat at 9pm did 4.92 million and a 2.0 18-49 rating, up some from the previous week and a good summer showing for sitcoms. A repeat at 9:30pm followed and did 4.4 million and a 1.8 18-49 rating, on par with previous week.
- Happy Endings (ABC) - preempted. ABC Family will air a marathon THIS Friday (Sept. 16) from 5-11pm, so if you missed any watch then before the new season starts on Sept. 28!
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) - A repeat did 6.42 million and a 1.7 18-49 rating, which was up from the previous week's NFL pre-season preemptions in many markets.
- Rules of Engagement (CBS) - preempted.
- Community (NBC) - preempted for NFL kick-off game.
- Parks & Recreation (NBC) - preempted for NFL kick-off game.
- The Office (NBC) - preempted for NFL kick-off game.
- 30 Rock (NBC) - preempted for NFL kick-off game.
Friends with Benefits (NBC) 2 episodes - Final ratings will tell us how it actually did but it did a prelim 0.8 18-49 rating for both half hours. This was the finale, so it will never be seen again.
- American Dad! (Fox) - prelim ratings show only 1.97 million and a prelim 0.8 18-49 rating.
- The Cleveland Show (Fox) - prelim ratings for this show were even lower with a prelim 1.75 million and a prelim 0.7 18-49 rating.
Summing it up. Repeats of Modern Family, Two and a Half Men, The Big Bang Theory, The Middle 8:30pm, were impressive for the week. Everything else was OK (such as repeats of How I Met Your Mother, The Middle 8pm) or just plain old terrible (such as Raising Hope, and Friends with Benefits). Feeling the repeat blues? NBC will air a sneak peek of new comedies Up All Night and Free Agents this Wednesday (Sept. 14) at 10/9 central. Look for our reviews of those in a few days! The season is upon us, as it starts a week from tomorrow (Sept. 19)! As for cable, Comedy Wednesday concludes on ABC Family this Wednesday with the one-hour Melissa & Joey season finale from 8-9pm! Also of course House of Payne and Meet the Browns are on TBS Wednesdays. New sitcom airings is the perfect way to beat the summer repeat blues! Watch them! And on premium cable, it is of course Curb Your Enthusiasm, Weeds, and Entourage among the entrees.
[Source: Nielsen NTI Ratings. View Travis Yanan's Ratings Website].
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, February 24
Last Man Standing - "Take Me to Church" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Mike and Vanessa become increasingly worried their daughters don’t attend church anymore, so they decide to take it upon themselves to make church more interesting for everyone involved. When Ryan has Kyle as his guest on his podcast, they don’t expect their wives to hear their conversation.
Dr. Ken - "Allison Finds a Lump" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
During a self-exam, Allison finds a suspicious lump in her breast, causing Ken and the HMO gang to rally around her for support while she anxiously waits for the doctor’s diagnosis. Meanwhile, Dave has questions for how he will portray the character he’s playing in the school play, and Pat and Damona share an unexpected moment.
Stuck in the Middle - "Stuck in a Slushy War" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
A slushy war breaks out when Harley's Slushy Shack faces new competition.
Friday, February 24
- Nathan Lane (Modern Family/Charlie Lawrence/Encore! Encore!) - Watch Nathan on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Allison Williams (Girls) - Allison visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Zosia Mamet (Girls) - Zosia is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Woody Harrelson (Cheers) - Woody appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Johnny Galecki (The Big Bang Theory/Roseanne) - Johnny is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Malin Akerman (Trophy Wife/Sin City Saints) - Malin stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Hayley Orrantia (The Goldbergs) - Hayley gives a musical performance on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Bradley Whitford (Trophy Wife) - Bradley joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Craig Robinson (The Office/Mr. Robinson) - Craig is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Kenan Thompson (Kenan & Kel) - Kenan appears on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.