Wednesday, September 08, 2010
ION Television Adds More Programming Hours in October 2010; The Flintstones 50th Anniversary Event on Boomerang
The rest of the ION October 2010 schedule is the same as it is now, which means lots of Ghost Whisperer, Criminal Minds and Without a Trace on weekdays and movies on weekends. Movies for the month are premieres of Changing Lanes (2002), Snake Eyes (1998), Scarface (1983), The Assassination of Jesse James by The Coward Robert Ford (2007), Proof Of Life (2000) and Hide and Seek (2005). Plenty of encores of these will air as well, along with Hard To Kill (1990).
View the full ION Television October 2010 schedule. And stay tuned still for more fall schedules as we still have Centric, GMC and a few others to give out.
On Sept. 30, 1960, at 8:30 p.m. on ABC, Hanna-Barbera introduced America to the first-ever prime time, animated half-hour series - The Flintstones - which
ran for six seasons on ABC. Seen by many as an animated homage to Jackie Gleason's The Honeymooners, the modern Stone Age family has since inspired multiple spin-off series, scores of animated specials and TV movies, and two live-action feature films that each grossed more than $100 million at worldwide box-offices.
In celebration of this landmark series, Boomerang, Cartoon Network's all-classics commercial-free network, is saluting The Flintstones with a day & date airing of the original first episode, "The Flintstone Flyer," followed by an evening of Flintstone programming with two additional landmark episodes, "The Hot Piano" (9 p.m.) and "The Blessed Event" (9:30 p.m.) and the Columbia Pictures animated feature film, The Man Called Flintstone (10 p.m.)...and a full 24-hour marathon on Saturday, Oct. 2, of the 50 Greatest Flintstone episodes hand-selected by Boomerang programmers starting at 6 a.m. Episodes that will air include "Ann-Margrock Presents" and "Little Bamm-Bamm."
Additionally, CartoonNetwork.com will showcase a free online game, Bedrock Bowling, which challenges players to help Fred improve his game and earn a perfect score.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)
10/07 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Classic Christmas Episodes
10/07 - The Flying Nun - The Complete First and Second Seasons (Mill Creek)
10/07 - The Middle - The Complete Fifth Season (Warner Archive)
10/07 - The Office - The Complete Series
10/07 - The Wonders Years - Season One
10/10 - The Wonder Years - The Complete Series - TARGET="_blank">Read Our Review / The Signature Edition / Seasons 1-3
10/14 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Third Season
10/14 - Two and a Half Men - The Complete Eleventh Season
10/21 - Married with Children - Seasons 5 and 6 (Mill Crek)
10/21 - The Soul Man - The Complete Second Season
10/21 - Square Pegs - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/28 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Series
11/04 - Hot in Cleveland - Season Five
11/04 - Napoleon Dynamite - The Complete Animated Series
11/04 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Complete Series
11/11 - Dads - The Complete Series
11/11 - Family Ties - The Complete Series
11/11 - My Favorite Martian - Best of Collection
11/11 - Taxi - The Complete Series
11/11 - Wings - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/18 - King of the Hill - The Complete Seventh Season / The Complete Eighth Season
11/25 - Better Off Ted - The Complete Second Season
12/02 - Happy Days - The Sixth Season
12/09 - Barney Miller - The Complete Sixth Season
12/09 - The Jeffersons - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mister Ed - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mork & Mindy - The Fourth Season / The Complete Series
12/16 - The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis - The Final (Fourth) Season
12/23 - My Favorite Martian - Season Two - Collector's Edition
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, October 24
Last Man Standing - "School Merger" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Mike and Chuck debate the merits of a local ballot measure merging their upscale neighborhood high school with one in the inner city. For Halloween, Ryan dresses up Boyd as a lump of coal – another reminder to Vanessa how her job as a geologist may be hurting the environment.
Cristela - "Mr. Felix and Ms. Daniela" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After Daniela’s friend mistakes Cristela for the nanny, tensions flare between the two sisters and surprisingly it is Felix who brings them back together. Meanwhile, Alberto tries to get closer to Cristela in an unexpected way.
Friday, October 24
- Jerry Seinfeld (Seinfeld) - Watch Jerry on a repeat of The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Sarah Silverman (The Sarah Silverman Program) - Sarah appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- John Mulaney (Mulaney) - John is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Melissa Fumero (Brooklyn Nine-Nine) - Melissa appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother/Stark Raving Mad/Doogie Howser, M.D.) - Neil discusses his new autobiography on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Sean Hayes (The Millers/Sean Saves the World/Will & Grace) - Sean visits The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Amy Yasbeck (Wings) - Amy talks about the legacy of her late husband, John Ritter, and the foundation created in his honor on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Suzanne Somers (Three's Company/Step by Step) - Suzanne chats on The Better Show, so check your local listings.
- Analeigh Tipton (Manattan Love Story) - Analeigh is a guest on The Better Show, so check your local listings.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John talks A Delicate Balance on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Jenny Slate (Married/Parks and Recreation) - Jenny chats about her book (Marcel the Shell: The Most Surprised I've Ever Been) on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Laurence Fisburne (black-ish) - Laurence appears on The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 2am on BET.