Wednesday, September 08, 2010
ION Television Adds More Programming Hours in October 2010; The Flintstones 50th Anniversary Event on Boomerang
The rest of the ION October 2010 schedule is the same as it is now, which means lots of Ghost Whisperer, Criminal Minds and Without a Trace on weekdays and movies on weekends. Movies for the month are premieres of Changing Lanes (2002), Snake Eyes (1998), Scarface (1983), The Assassination of Jesse James by The Coward Robert Ford (2007), Proof Of Life (2000) and Hide and Seek (2005). Plenty of encores of these will air as well, along with Hard To Kill (1990).
View the full ION Television October 2010 schedule. And stay tuned still for more fall schedules as we still have Centric, GMC and a few others to give out.
On Sept. 30, 1960, at 8:30 p.m. on ABC, Hanna-Barbera introduced America to the first-ever prime time, animated half-hour series - The Flintstones - which
ran for six seasons on ABC. Seen by many as an animated homage to Jackie Gleason's The Honeymooners, the modern Stone Age family has since inspired multiple spin-off series, scores of animated specials and TV movies, and two live-action feature films that each grossed more than $100 million at worldwide box-offices.
In celebration of this landmark series, Boomerang, Cartoon Network's all-classics commercial-free network, is saluting The Flintstones with a day & date airing of the original first episode, "The Flintstone Flyer," followed by an evening of Flintstone programming with two additional landmark episodes, "The Hot Piano" (9 p.m.) and "The Blessed Event" (9:30 p.m.) and the Columbia Pictures animated feature film, The Man Called Flintstone (10 p.m.)...and a full 24-hour marathon on Saturday, Oct. 2, of the 50 Greatest Flintstone episodes hand-selected by Boomerang programmers starting at 6 a.m. Episodes that will air include "Ann-Margrock Presents" and "Little Bamm-Bamm."
Additionally, CartoonNetwork.com will showcase a free online game, Bedrock Bowling, which challenges players to help Fred improve his game and earn a perfect score.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (November)
11/03 - Californication - The Complete Series
11/03 - Getting On - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
11/03 - Hank (1965-66) - The Complete Series
11/03 - I Love Lucy - The Complete Series
11/03 - Men at Work - The Complete Second Season
11/03 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
11/03 - 'Til Death - The Complete Third Season
11/10 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - The Complete Remastered Series (DVD)
11/10 - Maude - The Complete Third Season
11/10 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Final (Fourth) Season
11/17 - The Comedians - The Complete Series
11/17 - Cristela - The Complete First Season
11/17 - McHale's Navy - The Complete Series
11/17 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Fourth Season
11/17 - Weird Loners - The Complete Series
11/24 - George Lopez - The Complete Sixth Seaon
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, November 30
Superstore - "Pilot" (NBC, 10:00PM ET/PT)
onah (Ben Feldman) begins his first day on the job at big-box store Cloud 9 and immediately starts a rocky relationship with floor supervisor Amy (America Ferrera) when he comes off as elitist and mistakenly marks appliances for only a quarter. He is also the romantic target of aggressive assistant manager Dina (Lauren Ash), whose bible is the employee code of conduct. Pregnant Cheyenne (Nichole Bloom) shares a memorable moment with her boyfriend, Bo (guest star Johnny Pemberton).
Superstore - "Magazine Profile" (NBC, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Store manager Glenn (Mark McKinney) gets overly excited when the Cloud 9 corporate magazine, Stratus, is interested in a story. The reporter, Cynthia (guest star Eliza Coupe), is more focused on Jonah (Ben Feldman), however, and the two develop a more-than-business relationship, which Amy (America Ferrera) had suspected. Garrett (Colton Dunn) does his best to avoid be photographed for the magazine's cover. Cheyenne (Nichole Bloom) asks her boyfriend, Bo (guest star Johnny Pemberton), to come up with a corporate jingle to help earn money to pay expenses for their upcoming baby.
Talia in the Kitchen - "Storm and Grubb" (Nickelodeon, 7:00PM ET/PT)
Talia hides from the hurricane, until a mysterious boy discovers her. Aunt Tilly returns to take Talia and Julie back to Boston.
Monday, November 30
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Are We There Yet?) - Watch Terry on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Rob Schneider (Rob) - Rob appears on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Aziz Ansari (Parks and Recreation) - Aziz visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Richard Kind (Spin City/Mad About You) - Richard is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Alan Tudyk (Suburgatory) - Alan appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Brent Morin and Rick Glassman (Undateable) - Brent and Rick are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- David Spade (Rules of Engagement/8 Simple Rules/Just Shoot Me!) - David stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael visits LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Kim Fields (The Facts of Life/Living Single) - Kim dishes on the new season of The Real Housewives of Atlanta and talks about why she decided to join the show on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Scott Foley (The Goodwin Games/A.U.S.A./Scrubs) - Scott drops by The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Loretta Devine (The Carmichael Show) - Loretta is a guest on The Real, so check your local listings.
- America Ferrera (Superstore) - America talks about her new series Superstore on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Bob Saget (Fuller House/How I Met Your Mother/Full House) - Bob is a guest on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Cheryl Hines (Curb Your Enthusiasm/Suburgatory) - Cheryl talks about her movie Christmas Eve on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.