Wednesday, September 08, 2010
ION Television Adds More Programming Hours in October 2010; The Flintstones 50th Anniversary Event on Boomerang
The rest of the ION October 2010 schedule is the same as it is now, which means lots of Ghost Whisperer, Criminal Minds and Without a Trace on weekdays and movies on weekends. Movies for the month are premieres of Changing Lanes (2002), Snake Eyes (1998), Scarface (1983), The Assassination of Jesse James by The Coward Robert Ford (2007), Proof Of Life (2000) and Hide and Seek (2005). Plenty of encores of these will air as well, along with Hard To Kill (1990).
View the full ION Television October 2010 schedule. And stay tuned still for more fall schedules as we still have Centric, GMC and a few others to give out.
On Sept. 30, 1960, at 8:30 p.m. on ABC, Hanna-Barbera introduced America to the first-ever prime time, animated half-hour series - The Flintstones - which
ran for six seasons on ABC. Seen by many as an animated homage to Jackie Gleason's The Honeymooners, the modern Stone Age family has since inspired multiple spin-off series, scores of animated specials and TV movies, and two live-action feature films that each grossed more than $100 million at worldwide box-offices.
In celebration of this landmark series, Boomerang, Cartoon Network's all-classics commercial-free network, is saluting The Flintstones with a day & date airing of the original first episode, "The Flintstone Flyer," followed by an evening of Flintstone programming with two additional landmark episodes, "The Hot Piano" (9 p.m.) and "The Blessed Event" (9:30 p.m.) and the Columbia Pictures animated feature film, The Man Called Flintstone (10 p.m.)...and a full 24-hour marathon on Saturday, Oct. 2, of the 50 Greatest Flintstone episodes hand-selected by Boomerang programmers starting at 6 a.m. Episodes that will air include "Ann-Margrock Presents" and "Little Bamm-Bamm."
Additionally, CartoonNetwork.com will showcase a free online game, Bedrock Bowling, which challenges players to help Fred improve his game and earn a perfect score.
The Goldbergs - "Kara-Te" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Barry decides to sign up for the school’s holiday talent show but is bummed when the school doesn’t approve karate as a talent. Beverly is livid and brow beats the teacher in charge to change his mind. After the family watches Barry’s routine, everyone wonders whether he will be able to pull off the performance… or crack under pressure. Meanwhile, Erica gets coerced from Pops to also perform in the talent show, but will she? Tim Meadows guest stars.
Trophy Wife - "Twas the Night Before Christmas... Or Twas It?" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Pete, Kate, Diane and Jackie wake up Christmas morning hung-over and the house in complete disaster. They try to piece together the events of last night’s Christmas Eve festivities while also trying to save Christmas for the kids. Phyllis Smith (“The Office”) returns for a guest appearance.
Tuesday, December 10
- Billy Crystal (Soap) - Catch Billy on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Kirstie Alley (Kirstie/Veronica's Closet/Cheers) - Kirstie is a guest on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom visits Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- John Goodman (Roseanne) - John appears on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Toks Olagundoye (The Neighbors) - Tune in to see Toks on The Arsenio Hall Show, so check your local listings.
- Lizzy Caplan (The Class/Party Down) - Lizzy is part of the guest panel on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Mark-Paul Gosselaar (Saved by the Bell) - Mark-Paul stops by The Pete Holmes Show at midnight on TBS.
- Mario Lopez (Saved by the Bell) - It's an hour of Latin inspired holiday dishes when Mario and Mario Batali whip up a tasty holiday dish on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT. He will also be on New York Live on WNBC at 12:30pm ET.
- Richard Karn (Home Improvement) - Richard discusses his latest project on Home & Family at 10am on Hallmark Channel.
- Ed Asner (The Mary Tyler Moore Show) - Ed is a guest on The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- David Koechner (The Office) - David will be on SI Now at 1pm.
- Miranda Cosgrove (iCarly) - Miranda appears on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.