Wednesday, September 08, 2010
ION Television Adds More Programming Hours in October 2010; The Flintstones 50th Anniversary Event on Boomerang
The rest of the ION October 2010 schedule is the same as it is now, which means lots of Ghost Whisperer, Criminal Minds and Without a Trace on weekdays and movies on weekends. Movies for the month are premieres of Changing Lanes (2002), Snake Eyes (1998), Scarface (1983), The Assassination of Jesse James by The Coward Robert Ford (2007), Proof Of Life (2000) and Hide and Seek (2005). Plenty of encores of these will air as well, along with Hard To Kill (1990).
View the full ION Television October 2010 schedule. And stay tuned still for more fall schedules as we still have Centric, GMC and a few others to give out.
On Sept. 30, 1960, at 8:30 p.m. on ABC, Hanna-Barbera introduced America to the first-ever prime time, animated half-hour series - The Flintstones - which
ran for six seasons on ABC. Seen by many as an animated homage to Jackie Gleason's The Honeymooners, the modern Stone Age family has since inspired multiple spin-off series, scores of animated specials and TV movies, and two live-action feature films that each grossed more than $100 million at worldwide box-offices.
In celebration of this landmark series, Boomerang, Cartoon Network's all-classics commercial-free network, is saluting The Flintstones with a day & date airing of the original first episode, "The Flintstone Flyer," followed by an evening of Flintstone programming with two additional landmark episodes, "The Hot Piano" (9 p.m.) and "The Blessed Event" (9:30 p.m.) and the Columbia Pictures animated feature film, The Man Called Flintstone (10 p.m.)...and a full 24-hour marathon on Saturday, Oct. 2, of the 50 Greatest Flintstone episodes hand-selected by Boomerang programmers starting at 6 a.m. Episodes that will air include "Ann-Margrock Presents" and "Little Bamm-Bamm."
Additionally, CartoonNetwork.com will showcase a free online game, Bedrock Bowling, which challenges players to help Fred improve his game and earn a perfect score.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, October 22
Superstore - "Guns, Pills and Birds" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Amy (America Ferrera) assigns an uncomfortable Jonah (Ben Feldman) to the gun section of Cloud 9, Jonah abuses his right-to-refuse sale to anyone that causes concern, causing an open-carry protest to gather in the store. On principle, Glenn (Mark McKinney) attempts to purchase all of the store's morning-after pills, but finds himself in a moral dilemma when he can't afford them. Dina (Lauren Ash), Garrett (Colton Dunn) and Mateo (Nico Santos) hunt down a crow that has flown into the store.
The Thundermans - "Happy Heroween" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
It's a major Halloween storm outside, but inside Colosso keeps the family spooked by telling three scary stories that are sure to terrify even the bravest of superheroes.
School of Rock - "Welcome to My Nightmare" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Mr. Finn's class decides to celebrate Halloween in school after Principal Mullins, who hates the holiday, goes home sick. When she returns sooner than expected, they have to scramble to keep her from finding out the truth.
Saturday, October 22
- Jim J. Bullock (Too Close for Comfort) - Jim talks about touring the U.S. in Kinky Boots on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Catch Patti on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Watch Ricky on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jameela Jamil (The Good Place) - Jameela appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Aya Cash (You're the Worst) - Aya talks about You're the Worst on the AOL Build ShoW at 2pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Good Girls Revolt on People Now at 8:30am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.