Monday, May 03, 2010
We finally have the May 2010 highlights for Nick at Nite. All this week, it is Glenn Martin: "Jackie of all Trades" week with episodes airing at 10:30pm from Monday to Friday of this week. An all-new episode ends the stunt on Friday, May 7 at 10:30pm, as Glenn Martin moves to a new night and time (Fridays at 10:30pm). Turning 40 and realizing she hasn't done anything with her life, Jackie leaps at the chance to join her favorite '80s band on tour. Meanwhile, Conor tries miserably to physically compete against Wendy. Then the very next night, Saturday, May 8, it's "The Mom Squad" stunt! The mothers of Nick at Nite are teaming up! Check out this full night of maternal madness that's guaranteed to deliver lots of laughs from 10pm-1am. Catch back-to-back George Lopez and The Nanny, and an episode each of Everybody Hates Chris and Malcolm in the Middle in the 12am hour.
The week of Monday, May 24 through Thursday, May 27, it's Malcolm in the Middle: Mischief, Mayhem and Malcolm marathon from 8pm-10pm each night! Believe it or not, Nick at Nite has got the four most honest brothers in the world lined up for a stunt that can't be missed! This is all leading up to the Nick at Nite premiere of the movie Big Fat Liar on Sunday, May 30 at 9pm! Catch this theatrical hit starring Frankie Muniz (Malcolm in the Middle) as a 14 year-old boy who faces the dread of summer-school after his school report is lost to a movie producer.
Other highlights for the month include a premiere of another Glenn Martin episode: "Funshine, U.S.A!" airing Friday, May 21 at 10:30pm. Jackie tires of raising her family in an RV and talks Glenn into looking into a new subdivision. The family immediately falls in love with the clean and happy neighborhood, but Jackie soon discovers the ugly truth behind the facade.
View the full Nick at Nite May 2010 schedule and highlights.
Gospel Music Channel (GMC) continues to acquire TV series to bolster its line-up. The latest acquisition starts TODAY (Monday, May 3). The '80s family drama Highway to Heaven starring Michael Landon has been acquired and it will air weekdays at 8am and 9am with an encore play in the afternoon at 1pm and 2pm. Yes, this means with this addition, there will be plenty of schedule changes made to the schedule. Highway to Heaven will replace an hour each of Sister, Sister and Cosby from 8-10am, but Cosby will remain in the primetime 11pm hour though Sister, Sister is now gone from the weekday schedule (it will remain in the Saturday morning block). At 10am an early airing of recently added Early Edition will air replacing an hour of Amen, which will remain in the late night 1am hour. In the 11am hour a daytime airing of Joan of Arcadia is added cutting the Joyful Noise Cafe to the 12pm hour only. As mentioned earlier, Highway to Heaven will air also 1pm and 2pm replacing Dr. Quinn's afternoon airings, which slides to 3pm and 4pm, replacing Promised Land and Sue Thomas F.B.eye. This means Promised Land is now off the schedule, but Sue Thomas will remain at 8pm. Dr. Quinn's evening hours of 6pm and 7pm remain, as does Doc at 5pm.
View the full schedule for Gospel Music Channel (GMC) starting TODAY.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, January 23
Kevin Can Wait - "Choke Doubt" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Kevin brags about saving a man from choking after hearing how much attention his brother Kyle is receiving for saving a cat. Adam Ferrara guest stars as Bill, a man Kevin saves from choking, and “The Insider” correspondent Michael Yo guest stars as Tom, a morning show anchor who interviews Kyle.
Man with a Plan - "The Talk" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Adam and Andi have the dreaded “talk” with Teddy and Kate, their awkward approach makes the kids horribly uncomfortable.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Emergency Contractor" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Max and Caroline get home from their road trip, Caroline discovers she likes the dessert bar renovations as much as she likes Bobby (Christopher Gorham), the contractor on the job. Also, Max rushes to Randy’s side when she hears he’s in the hospital in New York City, and Sophie joins a mommy group that cares more about partying than baby talk.
The Big Bang Theory - "The Conjugal Conjecture" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After Sheldon’s mother and Leonard's father share an evening together, everyone deals with an awkward morning the next day. Also, Penny’s family arrives for the wedding ceremony, including her anxiety-ridden mother, Susan (Katey Sagal), and her drug dealing brother, Randall (Jack McBrayer). Dean Norris guest stars as Colonel Williams, an Air Force Representative from the Department of Materiel Command. Christine Baranski, Laurie Metcalf, Judd Hirsch and Keith Carradine return.
Monday, January 23
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Watch Allison on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- William Shatner ($h*! My Dad Says) and Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Arrested Development/Out of Practice) - William and Henry are guests on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jade Catta-Preta (Manhattan Love Story) - Jade is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Wendi McClendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Justina Machado (One Day at a Time) - Justina will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry and Rebecca Romjin talk about Love Locks on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. Jerry will also be on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT, on Access Hollywood Live (check your local listings) and on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Retta (Parks and Recreation) - Retta talks about Girlfriend's Guide to Divorce on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Kathryn Hahn (Happyish/Free Agents) - Kathryn will be on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.