Friday, May 07, 2010
Mother's Day Weekend Marathons; Retroality's May Interviews; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of May 10, 2010)
Check out this list of 95 TV Episodes, Movies, Specials & Marathons that air during Mother's Day Weekend from our friens at TV Tango!
Among the special Mother's Day themed episodes that are airing are marathons of Everybody Loves Raymond on TV Land on Saturday, The Golden Girls on WE tv on Sunday, and many more. And of course don't miss Betty White on the Mother's Day themed episode of SNL on Saturday night!
Our buddy Chris Mann has posted his May 2010 cover story at his groovy Retroality website! V/The Bionic Woman/The Incredible Hulk creator/writer/producer/director Kenneth Johnson is interviewed. That is a very cool get for Chris! He has also just posted a link to his new WellBella cover story with Jane Seymour (Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman) and he'll be interviewing Just Shoot Me!/Hot in Cleveland's Wendie Malick next week for WellBella's July cover feature. So we have that to look forward to in the coming weeks! Recently Chris did an L.A. Times story about TV "re-imaginings," as we see more and more remakes. Check out this interesting story! Another sitcom-related bit: he'll have a Mario Lopez (Saved by the Bell) cover story in the July issue of Muscle & Body magazine. Wow Chris is sure busy!
Check out Retroality.TV for all of this!
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars (but we won't cover movie stars like Tom Hanks or John Travolta, since they won't be talking about their past sitcoms likely), so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of May 10-14, 2010, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, May 10, 2010
- Eric Stonestreet (Modern Family) - The hilarious actor stops to chat on the The Ellen DeGeneres Show so check your local listings.
- Holly Robinson-Pette (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper) - Holly heads to The Bonnie Hunt Show, so check your local listings!
- Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Arrested Development/Out of Practice) - Henry stops by HLN's The Joy Behar Show at 9:00pm.
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus (Old Christine/Seinfeld) - Julia stops to chat on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12:06am on ABC, while being on The Ellen DeGeneres Show earlier in the day (check local listings).
- Jay Mohr (Gary Unmarried) - Jay stops by CBS's The Early Show, which airs 7-9am.
- Kunal Nayyar (The Big Bang Theory) - Kunal stops by The Bonnie Hunt Show, so check your listings folks!
- Damon Wayans (My Wife & Kids) - Damon plays a game on The Rachel Ray Show, so check listings please!
- Ken Jeong (Community) - TBS is reairing his appearance on Lopez Tonight at 11pm.
Wednesday, May 12, 2010
- Jenna Fischer (The Office) - Jenna stops by Late Show with David Letterman on CBS at 11:35pm.
- Betty White (Hot in Cleveland/Golden Girls/Mary Tyler Moore Show) - Catch Betty on NBC's The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm.
- Sofia Vergara (Modern Family) - The stunning Vergara stops by The Rachel Ray Show so you'll want to check your listings for time and channel!
- Busy Phillips (Cougar Town) - Busy is not so busy to stop by E! TV's Chelsea Lately at 11pm.
- Bryan Cranston (Malcolm in the Middle) - The former sitcom dad drops by The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:35am on CBS.
- Jay Mohr (Gary Unmarried) - Jay stops by The Joy Behar Show on HLN at 9pm.
- Damon Wayans (My Wife and Kids) - Damon stops by The Wendy Williams Show on BET at 12am.
Thursday, May 13, 2010
- Alec Baldwin (30 Rock) - Alec will be on Late Show with David Letterman on CBS at 11:35pm.
- Garry Shandling (Larry Sanders Show) - Garry stops by The Tonight Show with Jay Leno on NBC at 11:35pm.
- Rob Lowe (Parks & Recreation) - Rob just joined the sitcom and will be on The Ellen DeGeneres Show so check your listings!
- Sofia Vergara (Modern Family/The Knights of Prosperity/Hot Properties) - Sofia appears on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Kate Flannery (The Office) - Kate stops to chat on The Bonnie Hunt Show, so check your listings for time and station!
Friday, May 14, 2010
- Kelsey Grammar (Cheers/Frasier/Back to You/Hank) - Kelsey will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Julie Bowen (Modern Family) - This is a repeat from a few weeks back, but worth a look to see Julie again on Jimmy Kimmel Live! on ABC at 12:06am!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, April 30
Bob's Burgers - "Like Gene for Chocolate" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Gene learns that the formula for his favorite chocolate has changed, he works with the head of the company in an attempt to remedy the situation. Meanwhile, Bob gets wrapped up in one of Teddy’s less-than-perfect plans.
Bob's Burgers - "Thelma & Louise Except Thelma Is Linda" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
After Louise gets in trouble at school, Linda is forced to meet with Mr. Frond (guest voice David Herman) and potentially could lose her hard-earned position as the Wagstaff bake sale leader. When she finds out that her daughter was actually trying to help another student, Linda is torn between following school policy or her own moral code.
The Simpsons - "Looking for Mr. Goodbart" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Bart gets in trouble on Grandparents Day at school and is forced to hang out with Skinner’s mother as punishment. After spending time with various grandmas in the neighborhood, he learns the benefits of hanging out with the elderly, but eventually recognizes the dangers of taking advantage of them. Meanwhile, Peekimon Get has taken over the town of Springfield.
Making History - "Night Cream" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
With the ever-present threat of losing tenure looming over him, Chris reaches out to John Hancock and Samuel Adams to help spice things up in the classroom in 2017. Meanwhile, Deb's dream of re-opening Chadwick's ice cream parlor is finally coming to fruition, but Dan has a few marketing ideas of his own.
Family Guy - "The Peter Principal" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Peter becomes the temporary principal at the high school, and Meg uses his new power to get even with her bullies. Meanwhile, Brian and Stewie open a bed & breakfast that quickly turns into a brothel.
The Last Man on Earth - "The Big Day" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Tandy and Gail face off in a major disagreement, on which the whole group must weigh in, and Carol is forced to choose a side. Meanwhile, Melissa, Todd and Erica each have major milestone moments.
Sunday, April 30
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- America Ferrera (Superstore) - America drops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ike Barinholtz (The Mindy Project) - Ike appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Joel McHale (The Great Indoors/Community) - Joel is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jake Johnson (New Girl) - Jake visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Hank Azaria (Brockmire/The Simpsons/Free Agents) - Hank stops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Al Madrigal (About a Boy/Welcome to the Captain/Gary Unmarried) - Al appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ashton Kutcher (The Ranch/Two and a Half Men/That '70s Show) - Ashton appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison teams up with Mario Batali to make a cheesy, decadent Gnocchi Al Telefono and dishes about her new Broadway show on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Charlie Hunnam (Undeclared) - Charlie will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 11:15am.
- Nick Robinson (Melissa & Joey) - Nick talks about his new film Everything, Everything on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.
- Jodie Sweetin (Hollywood Darlings/Fuller House/Full House) - Jodie is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.