Wednesday, May 19, 2010
7:00PM 60 Minutes
8:00PM The Amazing Race
9:00PM Undercover Boss
10:00PM CSI: Miami
8:00PM How I Met Your Mother
8:30PM Rules of Engagement
9:00PM Two and a Half Men
9:30PM Mike & Molly (NEW!)
10:00PM Hawaii Five-0 (NEW!)
9:00PM NCIS: Los Angeles
10:00PM The Good Wife
9:00PM Criminal Minds
10:00PM The Defenders (NEW!)
8:00PM The Big Bang Theory
8:30PM &#*! Mt Dad Says (NEW!)
10:00PM The Mentalist
9:00PM CSI: NY
10:00PM Blue Bloods (NEW!)
8:00PM-10:00PM Crime Repeats
10:00PM 48 Hours Mystery
Returning series: None, as of now.
New series: Criminals Minds 2.0.
NOTES: Canceled are Accidentally on Purpose, Gary Unmarried, Cold Case, NUMB3RS, Miami Medical, Old Christine, and Ghost Whisperer. The latter two are in contention to be picked-up by ABC with Ghost Whisperer more likely to get a pick-up from ABC. More to come, check back...
Discuss CBS's 2010-11 line-up and view the full press release.
TNT and TBS today unveiled a broad array of plans for new programming, including several comedy projects that are being considered for TBS and a host of projects in development for TNT. The two cable giants staged a joint Upfront presentation in New York, with appearances by a legion of stars, including TBS's Conan O'Brien, George Lopez and Ice Cube; and TNT's Kyra Sedgwick, Ray Romano, Andre Braugher, Scott Bakula, Jada Pinkett Smith, Dylan McDermott, Timothy Hutton, Noah Wyle, Jason Lee, Alfre Woodard, Ben McKenzie, Mark-Paul Gosselaar, Breckin Meyer and Angie Harmon.
We'll only cover TBS, as they are focused on comedy. TBS will expand its programming lineup sharply in 2010 and 2011. Conan O'Brien's new late-night show will debut Monday, Nov. 8 at 11pm. He will be followed by Lopez Tonight at a new time of 12am, the hit late-night show starring George Lopez that debuted in 2009. TBS's lineup also includes the original series My Boys, Are We There Yet?, and the new animated series Neighbors from Hell.
In addition, TBS has acquired exclusive cable rights to the CBS series The Big Bang Theory, beginning in fall 2011, as we mentioned yesterday. TBS has also as we mentioned, greenlit the original series Glory Daze (working title), a 1980s-set comedy that centers on four buddies who navigate college life and pledge a fraternity. The ensemble cast includes Tim Meadows and is from TBS Productions, Warner Horizon Television and executive producers Walt Becker (Van Wilder) and Michael LeSieur (You, Me and Dupree).
TBS has these one-hour scripted series in development (they have not been picked-up to series yet, these are just pilots):
The Wedding Band – The writing team of Josh Lobis and Darin Moiselle (South Park) and executive producer Mike Tollin (Smallville) introduce a fresh comedy that centers on four friends. Some are married and some are single, all with day jobs and responsibilities, but they share one thing in common: They are in a wedding band. The Wedding Band comes to TBS from FremantleMedia.
The Rabbit Factory – From executive producer/writer Alan Loeb (New Amsterdam), executive producer Steven Pearl (The Beast) and Lionsgate Television, this series follows the detective team of Mike Lomax and Terry Biggs, two characters from the book series by Marshall Karp. Recently widowed Lomax and recently married Biggs work to protect and serve, navigating the daily challenges of their jobs while tackling their personal lives.
The Catch – Executive producer/writer Vic Levin (Mad About You) and executive producer Chris Albrecht focus on a widower who re-enters the world of dating, only to learn that he is quite the catch.
TBS has these animated series in development (they have not been picked-up to series yet, these are just pilots):
Good and Evel – Olive Productions (Stanley Tucci, Steve Buscemi and Wren Arthur), Gotham Group (Ellen Goldsmith-Vein and Lee Stollman), Lionsgate Television and executive producer/writer Glenn Eichler (The Colbert Report, Beavis & Butt-Head) introduce the ultimate dysfunctional family. Voiced by acclaimed actors Tucci (Julie & Julia, The Lovely Bones) and Buscemi (Fargo), the show centers on Jack Good, a moral, upstanding family man, and his nefarious twin brother, Bo Evel, a rebel and drunk who's been in and out of prison.
The Black Family – Executive producer/writer Ali LeRoi (Everybody Hates Chris, TBS's Are We There Yet?); executive producer/artist Todd Goldman; executive producers Keenan Ivory Wayans, Marlon Wayans and Shawn Wayans (White Chicks); and executive producer Rick Alvarez (Dance Flick) introduce a blended interracial family, the Blacks.
In addition to original entertainment programming, TNT and TBS are home to marquee sports, including the NBA, Major League Baseball and NASCAR. Turner recently announced a blockbuster agreement that will bring the NCAA men's basketball tournament to the networks – along with sister network truTV – starting in 2011. The deal with Turner and partner CBS includes staging the Final Four and men's championship game on TBS every other year, starting in 2016.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March)
03/03 - CHiPs - The Complete Third Season
03/10 - Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C. - The Complete Series
03/10 - Hey Dude - The Complete Series (Walmart Exclusive)
03/10 - Petticoat Junction - Family Favorite Episodes
03/17 - Bewitched - Season 5 (Mill Creek)
03/17 - Bewitched - Season 6 (Mill Creek)
03/17 - Bewitched - Seasons 5 & 6 (Mill Creek)
03/17 - Maude - The Complete Series (Shout! Factory)
03/17 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete First Season (Shout! Factory)
03/17 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Second Season (Shout! Factory)
03/24 - The Donna Reed Show - Season 2 (MPI Home Video)
03/31 - Silicon Valley - Season 1 (Blu-ray)
03/31 - Veep - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, March 3
Fresh Off the Boat - "Showdown at the Golden Saddle" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Things are looking up for the Huangs when Louis gets the restaurant a billboard in a prime spot in Orlando. They even get an invite to the country club. But when someone repeatedly vandalizes the billboard, they’re left wondering why. Eddie works hard to get the attention of the girl he’s crushing on (Luna Blaise as Nicole), but it doesn’t help matters when his mom hires her to babysit him.
New Girl - "Walk of Shame" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
After a night of partying at Bearclaw’s (guest star Josh Gad), Jess and Cece make their way back to the loft and run into a familiar face. Meanwhile, Coach worries about bringing Nick and Winston around his sophisticated new girlfriend, May (guest star Meaghan Rath).
The Mindy Project - "Fertility Bites" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Mindy’s fertility clinic opens. But with zero track record in the fertility field, attracting new patients is tougher than she imagined. Meanwhile, at Shulman & Associates, the nurses try to raise money for obese nurses while trying to get to know Dr. Bergdahl.
Cougar Town - "Two Men Talking" TBS, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Fearing that her dad, Chick, is lonely, Jules tries to set him up with Grayson as a best friend. Laurie helps Andy fit in with a cool mom group and Travis and Ellie open up to each other in the Winebulance.
Sirens - "Let Pytons Be Pythons" (USA Network, 10:00PM ET/PT)
A car crash at a firehouse releases an unusual passenger; Billy accompanies Theresa and Maeve to a sample sale.
Tuesday, March 3
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Catch Tom on a repeat of The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Bridgit Mendler (Undateable/Good Luck Charlie/Wizards of Waverly Place) - Bridgit is a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Drew Carey (The Drew Carey Show/The Good Life) - Drew guest co-hosts The Late Late Show at 12:37am on CBS.
- Angela Kinsey (The Hotwives of Orlando/The Office) - Angela appears on The Late Late Show at 12:37am on CBS.
- Anne Heche (Save Me/The Michael J. Fox Show) - Anne visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- J.B. Smoove (The Millers/'Til Death/Curb Your Enthusiasm) - J.B. talks about the new season of Four Courses with J.B. Smoove and MSG's Garden of Laughs comedy show on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Kendra C. Johnson (Tyler Perry's Love Thy Neighbor) - Kendra stops by The Real, so check your local listings.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela guest co-hosts The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Anthony is a guest on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Robbie Amell (1600 Penn/True Jackson, VP/Life with Derek) - Robbie talks about The Flash and The Duff on The Better Show, so check your local listings.
- Larry David (Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Larry talks about Fish in the Dark on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Jeremy Sisto (Suburgatory) - Jeremy talks about A&E's The Returned on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. He will also be on HuffPost Live at 4:30pm.
- Forrest Wheeler and Ian Chen (Fresh Off the Boat) - Forrest and Ian talk about their new comedy series on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Ming-Na Wen (The Single Guy) - Ming-Na Wen will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Juliette Lewis (I Married Dora) - Juliette joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Molly Ringwald (Townies/The Facts of Life) - Molly talks about The Breakfast Club's 30th Anniversary on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and in the 9am hour.
- Mo'Nique (The Parkers) - Mo'Nique is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Alyssa Milano (Who's the Boss?/Romantically Challenged) - Alyssa guest co-hosts The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.