Wednesday, May 19, 2010
7:00PM 60 Minutes
8:00PM The Amazing Race
9:00PM Undercover Boss
10:00PM CSI: Miami
8:00PM How I Met Your Mother
8:30PM Rules of Engagement
9:00PM Two and a Half Men
9:30PM Mike & Molly (NEW!)
10:00PM Hawaii Five-0 (NEW!)
9:00PM NCIS: Los Angeles
10:00PM The Good Wife
9:00PM Criminal Minds
10:00PM The Defenders (NEW!)
8:00PM The Big Bang Theory
8:30PM &#*! Mt Dad Says (NEW!)
10:00PM The Mentalist
9:00PM CSI: NY
10:00PM Blue Bloods (NEW!)
8:00PM-10:00PM Crime Repeats
10:00PM 48 Hours Mystery
Returning series: None, as of now.
New series: Criminals Minds 2.0.
NOTES: Canceled are Accidentally on Purpose, Gary Unmarried, Cold Case, NUMB3RS, Miami Medical, Old Christine, and Ghost Whisperer. The latter two are in contention to be picked-up by ABC with Ghost Whisperer more likely to get a pick-up from ABC. More to come, check back...
Discuss CBS's 2010-11 line-up and view the full press release.
TNT and TBS today unveiled a broad array of plans for new programming, including several comedy projects that are being considered for TBS and a host of projects in development for TNT. The two cable giants staged a joint Upfront presentation in New York, with appearances by a legion of stars, including TBS's Conan O'Brien, George Lopez and Ice Cube; and TNT's Kyra Sedgwick, Ray Romano, Andre Braugher, Scott Bakula, Jada Pinkett Smith, Dylan McDermott, Timothy Hutton, Noah Wyle, Jason Lee, Alfre Woodard, Ben McKenzie, Mark-Paul Gosselaar, Breckin Meyer and Angie Harmon.
We'll only cover TBS, as they are focused on comedy. TBS will expand its programming lineup sharply in 2010 and 2011. Conan O'Brien's new late-night show will debut Monday, Nov. 8 at 11pm. He will be followed by Lopez Tonight at a new time of 12am, the hit late-night show starring George Lopez that debuted in 2009. TBS's lineup also includes the original series My Boys, Are We There Yet?, and the new animated series Neighbors from Hell.
In addition, TBS has acquired exclusive cable rights to the CBS series The Big Bang Theory, beginning in fall 2011, as we mentioned yesterday. TBS has also as we mentioned, greenlit the original series Glory Daze (working title), a 1980s-set comedy that centers on four buddies who navigate college life and pledge a fraternity. The ensemble cast includes Tim Meadows and is from TBS Productions, Warner Horizon Television and executive producers Walt Becker (Van Wilder) and Michael LeSieur (You, Me and Dupree).
TBS has these one-hour scripted series in development (they have not been picked-up to series yet, these are just pilots):
The Wedding Band – The writing team of Josh Lobis and Darin Moiselle (South Park) and executive producer Mike Tollin (Smallville) introduce a fresh comedy that centers on four friends. Some are married and some are single, all with day jobs and responsibilities, but they share one thing in common: They are in a wedding band. The Wedding Band comes to TBS from FremantleMedia.
The Rabbit Factory – From executive producer/writer Alan Loeb (New Amsterdam), executive producer Steven Pearl (The Beast) and Lionsgate Television, this series follows the detective team of Mike Lomax and Terry Biggs, two characters from the book series by Marshall Karp. Recently widowed Lomax and recently married Biggs work to protect and serve, navigating the daily challenges of their jobs while tackling their personal lives.
The Catch – Executive producer/writer Vic Levin (Mad About You) and executive producer Chris Albrecht focus on a widower who re-enters the world of dating, only to learn that he is quite the catch.
TBS has these animated series in development (they have not been picked-up to series yet, these are just pilots):
Good and Evel – Olive Productions (Stanley Tucci, Steve Buscemi and Wren Arthur), Gotham Group (Ellen Goldsmith-Vein and Lee Stollman), Lionsgate Television and executive producer/writer Glenn Eichler (The Colbert Report, Beavis & Butt-Head) introduce the ultimate dysfunctional family. Voiced by acclaimed actors Tucci (Julie & Julia, The Lovely Bones) and Buscemi (Fargo), the show centers on Jack Good, a moral, upstanding family man, and his nefarious twin brother, Bo Evel, a rebel and drunk who's been in and out of prison.
The Black Family – Executive producer/writer Ali LeRoi (Everybody Hates Chris, TBS's Are We There Yet?); executive producer/artist Todd Goldman; executive producers Keenan Ivory Wayans, Marlon Wayans and Shawn Wayans (White Chicks); and executive producer Rick Alvarez (Dance Flick) introduce a blended interracial family, the Blacks.
In addition to original entertainment programming, TNT and TBS are home to marquee sports, including the NBA, Major League Baseball and NASCAR. Turner recently announced a blockbuster agreement that will bring the NCAA men's basketball tournament to the networks – along with sister network truTV – starting in 2011. The deal with Turner and partner CBS includes staging the Final Four and men's championship game on TBS every other year, starting in 2016.
The Big Bang Theory - "The Anything Can Happen Recurrence" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Sheldon tries to be spontaneous, it leads to unexpected friction between Penny, Amy and Bernadette. Meanwhile, Raj seeks Howard’s help in preparing for a date with Emily.
The Millers - "Tomlandia" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Nathan pitches a children’s show to his boss, Ed Dolan, based on Tom’s imaginary comic book, Tom has an adverse reaction to the tweaks made to his cherished world. Jeffrey Tambor returns as Ed Dolan, Nathan’s boss.
Two and a Half Men - "Lotta Delis in Little Armenia" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Alan stumbles upon an opportunity to make money. Meanwhile, Walden has to address his co-dependency issues.
Bad Teacher - "Pilot" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Former trophy wife Meredith Davis seeks a return to a life of leisure and luxury by posing as a teacher at an upscale elementary school to meet the students’ rich, single fathers and land one to marry. However, her plan hits a major snag and she faces exposure when her unconventional – and mostly unsuitable – teaching methods raise the suspicions of a fellow faculty member. Read our review.
Surviving Jack - "Something to Talk About" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
During an evening of inopportune timing, Frankie introduces his new girlfriend, Heather (guest star Lili Reinhart), to Joanne, who has just gotten her tubes tied and is still on pain medication. Instead of taking care of Joanne post-surgery, Jack has his hands full policing Frankie and Rachel. Meanwhile, George and Mikey try to retrieve a porn video they disguised in a "Casablanca" VHS case that has been placed into the wrong hands at the Dunlevy house.
Parks and Recreation - "Moving Up" (NBC, 8:00-9:00PM ET/PT)
Leslie (Amy Poehler), Ben (Adam Scott), and Andy (Chris Pratt) head to San Francisco for a National Parks Conference. Tom (Aziz Ansari) opens his restaurant, Ron (Nick Offerman) has another run-in with his ex-wife Tammy 2 (Special Guest Megan Mullally), Andy lives a rock and roll fantasy, and Leslie makes a huge decision about her future.
Saint George - "Hot Blooded" (FX, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Alma sets George up on a date with a Latina doctor, and George discovers the woman is crazy.
Anger Management - "Charlie Spends the Night with Lacey" (FX, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Charlie spends the night with Lacey to keep her from killing her ex-boyfriend.
Sirens - "There's No "I" in Ice Cream" (USA Network, 10:00PM ET/PT)
The crew remembers a day that followed the full spectrum of excitement; Johnny tries to find out who ate the last doughnut.
- "Distant Mom" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
The kids return from a vacation to Mozambique with their mom, Kim, only to learn the trip was actually a job interview at the embassy. They soon find out they are moving to Africa and away from Stephanie and Charlie. Guest Star: Holly Robinson Peete.
See Dad Run - "See Dad Run Into Marcus' Nephew" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Emily takes Amy's car to a party with Marcus' nephew after she was forbidden from driving at night, and must race back to beat David home. Joe wants more responsibility so asks to babysit Janie. Guest Star: Larramie "Doc" Shaw.
The Rickey Smiley Show - "Roll Pounce" (TV One, 10:00PM ET/PT)
The annual skate off has a surprise entry.
Thursday, April 24
- Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother/Doogie Howser, M.D.) - Catch Neil on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Sarah Hyland (Modern Family) - Sarah appears on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Julie Bowen (Modern Family) - Jim is a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- James Van Der Beek (Friends with Lives/Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) - James stops by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He will also be on Big Morning Buzz Live on VH1 at 10am.
- Zoe Lister-Jones (Friends with Better Lives/Whitney) - Zoe visits The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Tom Lennon (Sean Saves the World/Reno 911!) - Tom is a guest on @midnight at midnight on Comedy Central.
- Mary McCormack (Welcome to the Family) - Mary guest co-hosts Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Mario Lopez (Saved by the Bell) - Mario appears on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Brandy Norwood (The Game/Moesha) - Tune in to see Brandy on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- The Cast of Bad Teacher - Sara Gilbert, Ari Graynor, David Alan Grier and Ryan Hansen are guests on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Candace Cameron-Bure (Full House) - Candace guest co-hosts The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Molly Ephraim (Last Man Standing) - Molly shares behind-the-scenes stories from her show on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Max Greenfield (New Girl/Modern Men) - Max shares his passion for teaching kids the love of reading and the value of giving back on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- William Shatner ($#*! My Dad Says) - William chats and performs on The Queen Latifah Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Timothy Simons (Veep) - Timothy will be on HuffPost Live.
- Mayim Bialik (The Big Bang Theory/Blossom) - Mayim is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Christine Lakin Step by Step) - Christine will be on Big Morning Buzz Live on VH1 at 10am all this week.
- B.J. Novak (The Office) - B.J. is a guest on NBC's Today between 7-9am.
- Jamie Foxx (The Jamie Foxx Show and Sally Field (Gidget/The Flying Nun) - Jamie, Sally and the rest of the cast The Amazing Spider-Man 2 will be on ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am.