Wednesday, May 19, 2010
7:00PM 60 Minutes
8:00PM The Amazing Race
9:00PM Undercover Boss
10:00PM CSI: Miami
8:00PM How I Met Your Mother
8:30PM Rules of Engagement
9:00PM Two and a Half Men
9:30PM Mike & Molly (NEW!)
10:00PM Hawaii Five-0 (NEW!)
9:00PM NCIS: Los Angeles
10:00PM The Good Wife
9:00PM Criminal Minds
10:00PM The Defenders (NEW!)
8:00PM The Big Bang Theory
8:30PM &#*! Mt Dad Says (NEW!)
10:00PM The Mentalist
9:00PM CSI: NY
10:00PM Blue Bloods (NEW!)
8:00PM-10:00PM Crime Repeats
10:00PM 48 Hours Mystery
Returning series: None, as of now.
New series: Criminals Minds 2.0.
NOTES: Canceled are Accidentally on Purpose, Gary Unmarried, Cold Case, NUMB3RS, Miami Medical, Old Christine, and Ghost Whisperer. The latter two are in contention to be picked-up by ABC with Ghost Whisperer more likely to get a pick-up from ABC. More to come, check back...
Discuss CBS's 2010-11 line-up and view the full press release.
TNT and TBS today unveiled a broad array of plans for new programming, including several comedy projects that are being considered for TBS and a host of projects in development for TNT. The two cable giants staged a joint Upfront presentation in New York, with appearances by a legion of stars, including TBS's Conan O'Brien, George Lopez and Ice Cube; and TNT's Kyra Sedgwick, Ray Romano, Andre Braugher, Scott Bakula, Jada Pinkett Smith, Dylan McDermott, Timothy Hutton, Noah Wyle, Jason Lee, Alfre Woodard, Ben McKenzie, Mark-Paul Gosselaar, Breckin Meyer and Angie Harmon.
We'll only cover TBS, as they are focused on comedy. TBS will expand its programming lineup sharply in 2010 and 2011. Conan O'Brien's new late-night show will debut Monday, Nov. 8 at 11pm. He will be followed by Lopez Tonight at a new time of 12am, the hit late-night show starring George Lopez that debuted in 2009. TBS's lineup also includes the original series My Boys, Are We There Yet?, and the new animated series Neighbors from Hell.
In addition, TBS has acquired exclusive cable rights to the CBS series The Big Bang Theory, beginning in fall 2011, as we mentioned yesterday. TBS has also as we mentioned, greenlit the original series Glory Daze (working title), a 1980s-set comedy that centers on four buddies who navigate college life and pledge a fraternity. The ensemble cast includes Tim Meadows and is from TBS Productions, Warner Horizon Television and executive producers Walt Becker (Van Wilder) and Michael LeSieur (You, Me and Dupree).
TBS has these one-hour scripted series in development (they have not been picked-up to series yet, these are just pilots):
The Wedding Band – The writing team of Josh Lobis and Darin Moiselle (South Park) and executive producer Mike Tollin (Smallville) introduce a fresh comedy that centers on four friends. Some are married and some are single, all with day jobs and responsibilities, but they share one thing in common: They are in a wedding band. The Wedding Band comes to TBS from FremantleMedia.
The Rabbit Factory – From executive producer/writer Alan Loeb (New Amsterdam), executive producer Steven Pearl (The Beast) and Lionsgate Television, this series follows the detective team of Mike Lomax and Terry Biggs, two characters from the book series by Marshall Karp. Recently widowed Lomax and recently married Biggs work to protect and serve, navigating the daily challenges of their jobs while tackling their personal lives.
The Catch – Executive producer/writer Vic Levin (Mad About You) and executive producer Chris Albrecht focus on a widower who re-enters the world of dating, only to learn that he is quite the catch.
TBS has these animated series in development (they have not been picked-up to series yet, these are just pilots):
Good and Evel – Olive Productions (Stanley Tucci, Steve Buscemi and Wren Arthur), Gotham Group (Ellen Goldsmith-Vein and Lee Stollman), Lionsgate Television and executive producer/writer Glenn Eichler (The Colbert Report, Beavis & Butt-Head) introduce the ultimate dysfunctional family. Voiced by acclaimed actors Tucci (Julie & Julia, The Lovely Bones) and Buscemi (Fargo), the show centers on Jack Good, a moral, upstanding family man, and his nefarious twin brother, Bo Evel, a rebel and drunk who's been in and out of prison.
The Black Family – Executive producer/writer Ali LeRoi (Everybody Hates Chris, TBS's Are We There Yet?); executive producer/artist Todd Goldman; executive producers Keenan Ivory Wayans, Marlon Wayans and Shawn Wayans (White Chicks); and executive producer Rick Alvarez (Dance Flick) introduce a blended interracial family, the Blacks.
In addition to original entertainment programming, TNT and TBS are home to marquee sports, including the NBA, Major League Baseball and NASCAR. Turner recently announced a blockbuster agreement that will bring the NCAA men's basketball tournament to the networks – along with sister network truTV – starting in 2011. The deal with Turner and partner CBS includes staging the Final Four and men's championship game on TBS every other year, starting in 2016.
Last Man Standing - "April, Come She Will" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Vanessa’s mooching sister April comes to visit, Mike suspects it’s because she needs money. Sure enough, April explains that she’s decided to have a baby but doesn’t have the funds for a donor egg. While Vanessa and Mike aren’t on board, Mandy comes up with a solution. Meanwhile at Outdoor Man, Mike tries pulling a prank on Chuck Larabee that gives him some new perspective.
Last Man Standing - "Tasers" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
A large bouquet of roses is delivered anonymously to the Baxter’s house on Valentine’s Day. Vanessa knows they’re not for her because Mike doesn’t believe in the frivolity of flowers on a Hallmark holiday. As an expression of his love though, Mike buys Vanessa a Taser, which only adds to her disappointment. Meanwhile, Kristin suspects her boss, John Baker (guest star Jonathan Taylor Thomas), may be the secret admirer, while Mandy assumes the flowers are from Kyle.
The Rickey Smiley Show - "The Bachelor" (TV One, 9:00PM ET/PT)
A Bachelor type promotion on the radio station.
Friday, April 18
- Bryan Cranston (Malcolm in the Middle) - Watch Bryan on a repeat of The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Melissa Rauch (The Big Bang Theory) - Melissa appears on a repeat of The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- William Shatner ($#*! My Dad Says) - William visits The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jaime Pressly (My Name Is Earl/I Hate My Teenage Daughter) - Jaime is a guest on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Kenan Thompson (Kenan & Kel) - Kenan stops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Tichina Arnold (Martin/Everybody Hates Chris/Happily Divorced) - Tichina and the cast of the new Lifetime movie A Day Late and a Dollar Short chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. She also appears on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Margo Martindale (The Millers) - Margo chats about the new film Heaven is for Real on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings. She will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Tony Hale (Veep/Arrested Development) - Tony appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Tracy Morgan (30 Rock/The Tracy Morgan Show) - Tracy is a guest on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC. He also talks getting animated for Rio 2 on 106 & Park at 6pm on BET.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Kristin is challenged to a hilarious round of charades on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- George Lopez (Saint George/George Lopez) - George appears on a repeat of The Arsenio Hall Show, so check your local listings.
- Albert Tsai (Trophy Wife) - Albert is a guest on The Arsenio Hall Show, so check your local listings.
- Chris Messina (The Mindy Project) - Chris will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Valerie Harper (Rhoda/The Mary Tyler Moore Show/Valerie) - Valerie talks about Signed, Sealed, Delivered on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York at 9:40am. She can also be heard on WGN Radio in Chicago with host Dean Richards on Sunday.
- Sofia Vergara (Modern Family) - Sofia is a guest on Pop Sugar Now on TV Guide Network at 6pm and on the next day on their website at noon.