Wednesday, May 19, 2010
7:00PM 60 Minutes
8:00PM The Amazing Race
9:00PM Undercover Boss
10:00PM CSI: Miami
8:00PM How I Met Your Mother
8:30PM Rules of Engagement
9:00PM Two and a Half Men
9:30PM Mike & Molly (NEW!)
10:00PM Hawaii Five-0 (NEW!)
9:00PM NCIS: Los Angeles
10:00PM The Good Wife
9:00PM Criminal Minds
10:00PM The Defenders (NEW!)
8:00PM The Big Bang Theory
8:30PM &#*! Mt Dad Says (NEW!)
10:00PM The Mentalist
9:00PM CSI: NY
10:00PM Blue Bloods (NEW!)
8:00PM-10:00PM Crime Repeats
10:00PM 48 Hours Mystery
Returning series: None, as of now.
New series: Criminals Minds 2.0.
NOTES: Canceled are Accidentally on Purpose, Gary Unmarried, Cold Case, NUMB3RS, Miami Medical, Old Christine, and Ghost Whisperer. The latter two are in contention to be picked-up by ABC with Ghost Whisperer more likely to get a pick-up from ABC. More to come, check back...
Discuss CBS's 2010-11 line-up and view the full press release.
TNT and TBS today unveiled a broad array of plans for new programming, including several comedy projects that are being considered for TBS and a host of projects in development for TNT. The two cable giants staged a joint Upfront presentation in New York, with appearances by a legion of stars, including TBS's Conan O'Brien, George Lopez and Ice Cube; and TNT's Kyra Sedgwick, Ray Romano, Andre Braugher, Scott Bakula, Jada Pinkett Smith, Dylan McDermott, Timothy Hutton, Noah Wyle, Jason Lee, Alfre Woodard, Ben McKenzie, Mark-Paul Gosselaar, Breckin Meyer and Angie Harmon.
We'll only cover TBS, as they are focused on comedy. TBS will expand its programming lineup sharply in 2010 and 2011. Conan O'Brien's new late-night show will debut Monday, Nov. 8 at 11pm. He will be followed by Lopez Tonight at a new time of 12am, the hit late-night show starring George Lopez that debuted in 2009. TBS's lineup also includes the original series My Boys, Are We There Yet?, and the new animated series Neighbors from Hell.
In addition, TBS has acquired exclusive cable rights to the CBS series The Big Bang Theory, beginning in fall 2011, as we mentioned yesterday. TBS has also as we mentioned, greenlit the original series Glory Daze (working title), a 1980s-set comedy that centers on four buddies who navigate college life and pledge a fraternity. The ensemble cast includes Tim Meadows and is from TBS Productions, Warner Horizon Television and executive producers Walt Becker (Van Wilder) and Michael LeSieur (You, Me and Dupree).
TBS has these one-hour scripted series in development (they have not been picked-up to series yet, these are just pilots):
The Wedding Band – The writing team of Josh Lobis and Darin Moiselle (South Park) and executive producer Mike Tollin (Smallville) introduce a fresh comedy that centers on four friends. Some are married and some are single, all with day jobs and responsibilities, but they share one thing in common: They are in a wedding band. The Wedding Band comes to TBS from FremantleMedia.
The Rabbit Factory – From executive producer/writer Alan Loeb (New Amsterdam), executive producer Steven Pearl (The Beast) and Lionsgate Television, this series follows the detective team of Mike Lomax and Terry Biggs, two characters from the book series by Marshall Karp. Recently widowed Lomax and recently married Biggs work to protect and serve, navigating the daily challenges of their jobs while tackling their personal lives.
The Catch – Executive producer/writer Vic Levin (Mad About You) and executive producer Chris Albrecht focus on a widower who re-enters the world of dating, only to learn that he is quite the catch.
TBS has these animated series in development (they have not been picked-up to series yet, these are just pilots):
Good and Evel – Olive Productions (Stanley Tucci, Steve Buscemi and Wren Arthur), Gotham Group (Ellen Goldsmith-Vein and Lee Stollman), Lionsgate Television and executive producer/writer Glenn Eichler (The Colbert Report, Beavis & Butt-Head) introduce the ultimate dysfunctional family. Voiced by acclaimed actors Tucci (Julie & Julia, The Lovely Bones) and Buscemi (Fargo), the show centers on Jack Good, a moral, upstanding family man, and his nefarious twin brother, Bo Evel, a rebel and drunk who's been in and out of prison.
The Black Family – Executive producer/writer Ali LeRoi (Everybody Hates Chris, TBS's Are We There Yet?); executive producer/artist Todd Goldman; executive producers Keenan Ivory Wayans, Marlon Wayans and Shawn Wayans (White Chicks); and executive producer Rick Alvarez (Dance Flick) introduce a blended interracial family, the Blacks.
In addition to original entertainment programming, TNT and TBS are home to marquee sports, including the NBA, Major League Baseball and NASCAR. Turner recently announced a blockbuster agreement that will bring the NCAA men's basketball tournament to the networks – along with sister network truTV – starting in 2011. The deal with Turner and partner CBS includes staging the Final Four and men's championship game on TBS every other year, starting in 2016.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March)
03/03 - CHiPs - The Complete Third Season
03/10 - Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C. - The Complete Series
03/10 - Hey Dude - The Complete Series (Walmart Exclusive)
03/10 - Petticoat Junction - Family Favorite Episodes
03/17 - Bewitched - Season 5 (Mill Creek)
03/17 - Bewitched - Season 6 (Mill Creek)
03/17 - Bewitched - Seasons 5 & 6 (Mill Creek)
03/17 - Maude - The Complete Series (Shout! Factory)
03/17 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete First Season (Shout! Factory)
03/17 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Second Season (Shout! Factory)
03/24 - The Donna Reed Show - Season 2 (MPI Home Video)
03/31 - Silicon Valley - Season 1 (Blu-ray)
03/31 - Veep - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, March 29
The Simpsons - "Super Franchise Me" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Marge opens a sandwich franchise store after her sandwiches become a huge hit at Springfield Elementary. But running day-to-day at the store proves challenging, especially when the same franchise opens another location across the street.
Bob's Burgers - "Carpe Museum" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
While acting as a parent chaperone on the school’s trip to the museum, Bob has a father-daughter bonding moment with Louise. Meanwhile, Gene and his friends are on a hunt to find exhibits that feature the female anatomy. Also, Tina questions her dorkiness and, on the steps of the museum, Linda lends her unique chanting abilities to striking museum workers.
The Simpsons - "Covercraft" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Homer has a mid-life crisis, takes up bass guitar and forms a cover band with some of the other dads in town. But the band’s modest early success is soon overwhelmed by the breakout potential of their most unlikely star, Apu.
Family Guy - "Our Idiot Brian" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Meg convinces Brian to take the SATs for her, but when he tests poorly, they start to suspect that Brian might not be that smart, after all. Naturally, Peter shows Brian the joys of being stupid and the benefits of having a low IQ.
The Last Man on Earth - "She Drives Me Crazy" / "Mooovin' In" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Phil Miller continues to live in Tucson.
I Didn't Do It - "Logan Finds Out" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Logan is dumped by his girlfriend; Lindy, Garrett and Delia find out that Jasmine likes Logan but she begs her friends to keep her secret.
K.C. Undercover - "Daddy's Little Princess" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
The Coopers are tasked with protecting Prince Promomomo; Craig becomes worried when K.C. and the Prince begin flirting.
Sunday, March 29
- Betty White (Hot in Cleveland/The Golden Girls/Mary Tyler Moore) - Betty talks about her passion for life on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 9pm ET/PT on OWN.
- Regina King (227) - Catch Regina on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother/Stark Raving Mad/Doogie Howser, M.D.) - Watch Neil on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Nathan Lane (Modern Family/Encore! Encore!/Charlie Lawrence) - Nathan is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Kristen Schaal (The Last Man on Earth/The Hotwives of Orlando/30 Rock) - Kristen visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Becki Newton (Weird Loners/The Goodwin Games/How I Met Your Mother) - Becki appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC. Becki and Zachary Knighton will also be on Good Day LA on Fox 11 LA KTTV in Los Angeles.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Alyssa Milano (Who's the Boss?/Romantically Challenged) - Alyssa guest hosts The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Regina King (227) - Regina chats on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Billy Gardell (Mike & Molly) - Billy talks about the game show Monopoly Millionaires’ Club on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Hilary Duff (Younger/Lizzie McGuire) - Hilary appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Candace Cameron Bure (Full House) - Candace discusses her new Hallmark Movies & Mysteries original A Bone to Pick: An Aurora Teagarden Mystery on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Kevin Rahm (I Hate My Teenage Daughter) - Kevin talks about what to expect on the final season of his popular show Mad Men on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Sutton Foster (Younger) - Sutton discusses her starring role in TV Land's Younger and talks about her exciting solo debut at Carnegie Hall on HuffPost Live at 3:40pm.
- Rob Corddry (The Winner) - Rob is a guest on SportsNation at 3pm on ESPN2.
- Garcelle Beauvais (The Jamie Foxx Show) - Garcelle guest co-hosts The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Tracee Ellis Ross (black-ish/Girlfriends) - Tracee is a guest on VH1's Big Morning Buzz Live at 9am.
- The Cast of Younger - Patricia Field, Sutton Foster, Hilary Duff, Debi Mazar, Miriam Shor, Nico Tortorella and creator Darren Star are guests on the AOL Build Show at 4pm.