Tuesday, May 18, 2010
ABC Upfront 2010-11: Fall 2010 Schedule; The Big Bang Theory Heads to Syndication in Fall 2011 on TBS and Locals
7:00PM America's Funniest Home Videos
8:00PM Extreme Makeover: Home Edition
9:00PM Desperate Housewives
10:00PM Brothers & Sisters
8:00PM Dancing with the Stars
8:00PM No Ordinary Family(NEW!)
9:00PM Dancing with the Stars: The Results
10:00PM Detroit 1-8-7 (NEW!)
8:00PM The Middle
8:30PM Better Together (NEW!)
9:00PM Modern Family
9:30PM Cougar Town
10:00PM The Whole Truth (NEW!)
8:00PM My Generation (NEW!)
9:00PM Grey's Anatomy
10:00PM Private Practice
8:00PM Secret Millionaire (New to ABC)
9:00PM Body of Proof (NEW!)
8:00PM Saturday Night College Football
New: Off the Map, Happy Endings, Mr. Sunshine. More new mid-season series will be announced at a later date.
Returning: V, Supernanny, The Bachelor. Possibly more soon.
The Bachelor will air from 8-10pm starting in January on Monday nights, before Dancing with the Stars returns in mid-March.
NOTES: New comedies Mr. Sunshine and Happy Endings could still launch in the fall (likely Wednesdays at 10) if The Whole Truth can't recast the lead in time. Also, two alternative series from this past season Shark Tank and Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution are still in contention for a mid-season return, as is Wife Swap but they haven't been picked-up yet. V could return as early as November on Tuesdays at 9PM following the conclusion of Dancing with the Stars. ABC is likely going to schedule tropical medical drama Off the Map after Desperate Housewives on Sundays at 10pm (the original Grey's slot) in the spring after Brothers and Sisters concludes its season (only 18 episodes). CBS has canceled both Old Christine and Ghost Whisperer, so there is a chance ABC can pick one or both of those up.
The upfront presentation for ABC is at 4pm ET. Stay tuned later for a recap.
Discuss ABC's 2010-11 line-up and also you can view complete program information.
The Big Bang Theory, network television's No. 1 comedy series among Adults 18–49 and Adults 25–54, is set for a multiplatform off-network syndication launch in Fall 2011 on the Fox Television Stations in local syndication and Turner Broadcasting's TBS on cable, through a strategic partnership with Warner Bros. Domestic Television Distribution.
The Fox-owned stations have acquired the exclusive off-network broadcast television rights in the following 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, Washington, D.C., Houston, Phoenix, Miami, Orlando and Baltimore. Stations will be able to air it in early evenings and late fringe.
On cable, TBS will be the exclusive provider of off-network episodes of The Big Bang Theory and will also commence airing the series in fall 2011 as a weekday strip. TBS will be able to air it in primetime.
TBS will pay about $1.5 million per episode with broadcast stations paying about $500,000 per episode. Read the full press release.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (May)
05/03 - Mad About You - The Complete Series
05/03 - The Jim Gaffigan Show - Season One
05/10 - Newhart - The Complete Fifth Season
05/17 - Angie Tribeca - The Complete First Season
05/17 - The Facts of Life - The Final (Ninth) Season
05/24 - The Wonder Years - Season Five
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, May 27
The Simpsons - "Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Lonely Professor Fink uses science to turn himself into a man whom women find attractive. Then, overwhelmed by the attention, he invents an algorithm to perfectly pair the lonely men and women of Springfield, realizing that scientific exploration is his true love. Meanwhile, Marge, Bart, and Lisa visit Grampa for Valentine’s Day and try to rescue the old folks from a drug-induced hallucination that allows them to relive their happiest memories.
The Simpsons - "Gal of Constant Sorrow" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After Bart accidentally sends a sweet homeless woman’s cart into the river, he allows her to live in his closet for a small fee. When Lisa discovers that the woman is an incredible folk singer, she offers her own closet and plans a concert, only to be disappointed by Hettie’s surprising substance abuse and violent nature. Meanwhile Homer tries to prove he’s handy, but accidentally traps the cat in the walls of the house.
Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse - "True Intentions" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Angela and Leslie are shocked when Jennifer confesses she has been keeping a secret.
Friday, May 27
- Maya Rudolph (Up All Night) - Watch Maya on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Martin Short (Mulaney/The Martin Short Show) - Martin is a guest on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Rashida Jones (Angie Tribeca/Parks and Recreation/The Office) - Rashida visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. She also talks about Angie Tribeca on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Amanda Peet (Togetherness/Bent) - Amanda appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Max Greenfield (New Girl/Modern Men) - Max is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jason Jones (The Detour) - Jason appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Fran Drescher (The Nanny/Happily Divorced) - Fran is a guest on a repeat of The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Lizzy Caplan (The Class/Party Down) - Lizzy talks about Now You See Me 2 on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig appears on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Danica McKellar (The Wonder Years) - Danica talks about the Hallmark Channel original movie Wedding Bells on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Ernie Hudson (Grace and Frankie/The Last Precinct) - Ernie shares a fun flashback from the original Ghostbusters on People Now at 8:30am.
- Sam Waterson (Grace and Frankie) - Sam talks about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve is a guest on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- David Alan Grier (The Carmichael Show/Life with Bonnie/DAG) - David appears on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Ashton Kutcher (The Ranch/TWo and a Half Men/That '70s Show) - Ashton is a guest on Chelsea on Netflix.