Friday, February 05, 2010
ABC Family Makes Schedule Changes, 8 Simple Rules Now Weekdays; John Ritter Book Coming in September Written by Amy Yasbeck
There will be changes to weekends, too. Starting Saturday, Feb. 13 on Saturdays from 7am-10am will now be That '70s Show replacing two hours of Sabrina the Teenage Witch and an hour of Full House. 8 Simple Rules will remain in the 10am hour on Saturday, Feb. 13, but starting Saturday, Feb. 20, That '70s Show takes this hour as well, expanding to 7am-11am on most Saturdays depending on movie start times. Movies take over the mornings now on most Sundays, but there could be a That '70s Show sighting on Sundays in the 7am hour leading into movies. That '70s Show airs weeknights in the 7pm hour, but most of the time it is preempted due to originals, movies, or various programming, so the weekend morning airings are better. It will continue to air on TeenNick every night as well.
We mentioned a while back that Amy Yasbeck (actress and the widow of John Ritter) is working on a book on the life of her late husband, but now we have more details! With Love and Laughter, John Ritter will be published by Simon & Schuster in September, on the seventh anniversary of Ritter's death from an undiagnosed aortic dissection. I still cannot believe it will be 7 years already next September. That was a horrific day.
"It's about John's take on everything, and what it was like to live with him," says Yasbeck, who met Ritter shooting Problem Child in 1989. "People have seen him as the celebrity, but this will be about the friend, the dad and the husband."
Shortly after his death in 2003, Yasbeck started the John Ritter Foundation to promote awareness about aortic aneurysm and dissection (Johnritterfoundation.org).
Amy continues to raise awareness of aortic dissection, as she recently spoke to ABC13 (KTRK) in Houston on this issue. She is doing a great job and is working with Dr. Milewicz and her UT-Houston team to find the genes that lead to Ritter's death. In these freezers are samples from 10,000 people which have helped them isolate four of the genes that are related to aortic aneurysm. Amy is certainly making a difference in the world by doing this. She will save many lives and needs to be honored for her fine work. The name John Ritter continues to spread a positive message, just as it did when he was alive.
View the video of ABC13's story. Everyone should take a look at this.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July)
06/14 - Ballers - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
06/14 - The League - Season 7 - The Final Fantasy
06/14 - The League - The Complete Series
06/14 - Maude - The Complete Fifth Season
06/14 - Survivor's Remorse - The Complete Second Season
06/21 - Workaholics - Season Six
06/24 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
06/28 - Two Guys and a Girl - The Complete Series
07/08 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
07/12 - Grady - The Best of Grady
07/26 - Family Mattters - The Complete Seventh Season
07/26 - Where's Huddles? - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, July 30
Last Man Standing - "Tanks for the Memories" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Mike is anxious to buy the miniature tank collection once belonging to the late husband of his neighbor, Helen Potts (Patricia Richardson). But when he discovers Helen already sold the collection, he goes to extremes to make the collection his own. Meanwhile, Kristin and Ed are concerned when a mysterious “Bubba X” posts a scathing review about their dining experience at the Outdoor Man Restaurant.
Dr. Ken - "Kevin O'Connell" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Ken is taken aback when he meets Allison’s former boyfriend Kevin O’Connell (guest star Will Yun Lee, “The Wolverine”), now a very hot and successful doctor. So when Ken is asked to speak at a banquet honoring Kevin, he uses the opportunity more as a roast. Meanwhile, Molly struggles with a school assignment asking for what she wants to be when she grows up.
The Thundermans - "Robin Hood: Prince of Heebs" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Chloe announces that Max is her favorite sibling, Phoebe tries to show her the "real" Max by telling a Robin Hood-style bedtime story about the great Phoebe Hood and the evil Maxingham.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "New Kid on the Block"
(Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
The Quads try to make friends with their new neighbor in order to get access to the coolest treehouse ever, but soon find out she is not what she seems.
Legendary Dudas - "King Sam; Karate Kids" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Sam impresses his new classmates with an epic birthday party, but his extravagance leads to a bill he can't pay. Hoping to earn a spot on a television talent show, Tyler convinces Carter to revive their old martial arts act.
Monday, August 1
- Simon Helberg (The Big Bang Theory) - Watch Simon on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Florence Foster Jenkins on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Shiri Appleby (Sunday Dinner) Constance Zimmer (Entourage/Good Morning, Miami) - Shiri and Constance are guests on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. They also talk about UnREAL on The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. Constance will be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Thomas Middleditch, Kumail Nanjiani and Zach Woods (Silicon Valley) - Thomas, Kumail and Zach are guests on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Jack Black (The Brink) - Jack appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Olivia Munn (Perfect Couples) - Olivia is a guest on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Will and the cast of Suicide Squad are guests on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Jessie T. Usher (Survivor's Remorse) - Jessie shares his One Last Thing on People Now at 8:30am.
- Anna Gunn (Down the Shore) - Anna is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Cameron Esposito and Rhea Butcher (Take My Wife) - Cameron and Rhea discuss their new Seeso original comedy series Take My Wife on the AOL Build Show at 2:30pm.
- John Corbett (Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll/United States of Tara/Sex and the City) - John discusses his role of Flash, the much-acclaimed former lead guitarist of The Heathens, the band he formed with Johnny (Denis Leary) in the FX hit comedy Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll on the AOL Build Show at 4pm.