Friday, February 05, 2010
ABC Family Makes Schedule Changes, 8 Simple Rules Now Weekdays; John Ritter Book Coming in September Written by Amy Yasbeck
There will be changes to weekends, too. Starting Saturday, Feb. 13 on Saturdays from 7am-10am will now be That '70s Show replacing two hours of Sabrina the Teenage Witch and an hour of Full House. 8 Simple Rules will remain in the 10am hour on Saturday, Feb. 13, but starting Saturday, Feb. 20, That '70s Show takes this hour as well, expanding to 7am-11am on most Saturdays depending on movie start times. Movies take over the mornings now on most Sundays, but there could be a That '70s Show sighting on Sundays in the 7am hour leading into movies. That '70s Show airs weeknights in the 7pm hour, but most of the time it is preempted due to originals, movies, or various programming, so the weekend morning airings are better. It will continue to air on TeenNick every night as well.
We mentioned a while back that Amy Yasbeck (actress and the widow of John Ritter) is working on a book on the life of her late husband, but now we have more details! With Love and Laughter, John Ritter will be published by Simon & Schuster in September, on the seventh anniversary of Ritter's death from an undiagnosed aortic dissection. I still cannot believe it will be 7 years already next September. That was a horrific day.
"It's about John's take on everything, and what it was like to live with him," says Yasbeck, who met Ritter shooting Problem Child in 1989. "People have seen him as the celebrity, but this will be about the friend, the dad and the husband."
Shortly after his death in 2003, Yasbeck started the John Ritter Foundation to promote awareness about aortic aneurysm and dissection (Johnritterfoundation.org).
Amy continues to raise awareness of aortic dissection, as she recently spoke to ABC13 (KTRK) in Houston on this issue. She is doing a great job and is working with Dr. Milewicz and her UT-Houston team to find the genes that lead to Ritter's death. In these freezers are samples from 10,000 people which have helped them isolate four of the genes that are related to aortic aneurysm. Amy is certainly making a difference in the world by doing this. She will save many lives and needs to be honored for her fine work. The name John Ritter continues to spread a positive message, just as it did when he was alive.
View the video of ABC13's story. Everyone should take a look at this.
New Girl - "Big News" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
The morning after their break-up, Jess and Nick scramble to keep it a secret from the loftmates. Meanwhile, Winston passes his police academy entrance exam, and demands that the gang throw him a "Honey Roast".
The Mindy Project - "Think Like a Peter" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Peter encourages Mindy to think more like a man. To test his advice, they head out to a bar, where they meet Lee (guest star Max Greenfield), a smooth-talking first-grade teacher who is up to no good. Meanwhile, Danny tries to give relationship advice to Tamra.
About a Boy - "About a Slopmaster" (NBC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Fiona (Minnie Driver) volunteers to run a project for Marcus’s (Benjamin Stockham) class – a miniature society modeled after Dickensian London. Wanting to be King of the mock economy, Fiona instead selects him as the lowly slopmaster, much to his dismay, prompting him to figure out a clever yet questionable solution to turn things around. Meanwhile, Will (David Walton) takes Marcus out on a spending spree, thanks to his latest royalty check and then does his best to throw the perfect party to impress Sam (guest star Adrianne Palicki).
Growing Up Fisher - "The Man with the Spider Tattoo" (NBC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
find a new plus-one for an important charity event, and he’s determined to show his peers that his post-divorce life is going smoothly. Katie (Ava Deluca-Verley) becomes invested in helping her dad find a plus-one, as her secret party at her dad’s apartment is in jeopardy if Mel doesn’t attend the event. Meanwhile, Runyen’s (Lance Lim) mom (guest star Lela Lee) thinks Henry (Eli Baker) is a bad influence on her son, so Joyce (Jenna Elfman) confronts her in order to defend the Fisher family honor.
The Game - "Mommy Dearest" (BET, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Chardonnay plans an extravagant vow-renewal ceremony; Malki and Yana have a plan to remove the tension between them.
Let's Stay Together - "Breakdown and Billy Clubs" (BET, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Stacy and Tasha invite themselves on Charles and Jamal's fishing trip; Crystal helps Kita write a love letter to Troy.
Tuesday, April 15
- Jerry Seinfeld (Seinfeld) - Catch Jerry on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Wendie Malick (Hot in Cleveland/Just Shoot Me!) - Wendie stops by The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jim Rash (Community/Help Me Help You) - Jim visits The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Andy Samberg (Brooklyn Nine-Nine) - Andy is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Busy Philipps (Cougar Town) - Busy appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Zach Woods (The Office) - Zach stops by The Pete Holmes Show at midnight on TBS.
- Marlon Wayans (The Wayans Bros.) - Marlon is part of the guest panel on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm. He will also be on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Billy Bob Thortnon (Hearts Afire) - Billy Bob speaks about the new FX series Fargo on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Don Cheadle (The Golden Palace) - Don appears on a repeat of The Arsenio Hall Show, so check your local listings.
- Bob Saget (How I Met Your Mother/Full House) - Bob talks about his TV career, doing stand-up and his new memoir, Dirty Daddy: The Chronicles of a Family Man Turned Filthy Comedian, on Katie, so check your local listings. He will also be on Larry King Now at 2/5pm PT/ET on Ora.tv and Hulu.
- Tracy Morgan (30 Rock/The Tracy Morgan Show) - Tracy is a guest on The Tracy Morgan Show, so check your local listings.
- Doris Roberts (Everybody Loves Raymond) - Doris appears on The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- Whoopi Goldberg (Whoopi/Bagdad Cafe) - Whoopi talks about her new Lifetime movie A Day Late and a Dollar Short on ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am.
- Tichina Arnold (Martin/Everybody Hates Chris/Happily Divorced) - Tichina talks about her new Lifetime movie A Day Late and a Dollar Short on SiriusXM Radio on Morning Jolt with Larry Flick at 9:35am, Hip Hop Nation at 10:05am, and Shade 45 with Sway at 10:30am.
- Cheryl Hines (Suburgatory/Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Cheryl helps Michael Symon make a winter ratatouille sandwich on a repeat of ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Brandy Norwood (The Game/Moesha) - Brandy will be on Big Morning Buzz Live on VH1 at 10am.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Kristin will be on Pop Sugar Now on TV Guide Network at 6pm and on the next day on their website at noon.