Thursday, December 17, 2009
The very next day on Sunday, January 17, beginning at 12pm, TV One presents the "Living Single 'Queen Regine' Marathon" that features episodes of the popular TV One sitcom focusing on Kim Fields character Regine in all her diva glory. The marathons airs though 6pm then an encore of the Living Single Reunion will air in the 6pm hour.
Beginning on Tuesday, January 19 at 9pm and continuing through Thursday, January 21, TV One presents the premiere of an all-new sitcom from the producers of Martin and The Jamie Foxx Show entitled Love That Girl starring Tatyana Ali (TV One Access, The Fresh Prince of Bel Air) and Phil Morris. In the sitcom, a young woman (Ali) looks for a second chance in life by obtaining her real estate license and begins working with her father (Morris) who owns a real estate company. When her unemployed brother unexpectedly moves in with her, the world that she was trying to create is suddenly turned upside down and life will never be the same. Other characters include wacky neighbors who always have an opinion on her life, the best friend who owns a beauty salon, and her father's ghetto fabulous assistant. Encore airing are scheduled for 12am each night. Four episodes will air.
And finally, the big stuff! On Monday, January 25 beginning at 10pm, TV One brings two new shows to their prime-time landscape with the additions of the sitcom A Different World airing back to back episodes at 10pm & 10:30pm and the family drama series Lincoln Heights airing at 11pm. Both new acquisitions will air nightly Monday-Friday. As a result, there will be schedule changes made starting this day. Amen returns to the regular schedule and will air at 8am, followed by an episode of The Jeffersons at 8:30am, both replacing an hour of Half & Half. Good Times will take the 9am hour replacing originals. New York Undercover moves from 3pm to 11am, replacing an hour of originals. Originals replace Eve and Martin hours from 12-2pm. The 2pm hour will see an hour of The Hughleys, replacing Living Single. At 3pm The PJ's returns to the schedule and will air in the hour. The 4pm hour is now Sanford & Son instead of Divorce Court, which slides to the 5pm hour, replacing an hour of All of Us. The 6-8pm block remains the same with an hour of The Jeffersons at 6pm and half-hour each of Martin and Good Times in the 7pm hour. The nightly 8pm-11pm marathons are no more, as the new primetime line-up will have half-hours of Martim, Good Times, Living Single, and The Hughleys from 8-10pm leading into an hour of A Different World at 10. The nightly marathons had Martin on Mondays, Good Times Tuesdays, Between Brothers Wednesdays, and Living Single Thursdays, but they will be replaced with that primetime schedule starting Jan. 25. For late night, at 11pm as we mentioned it will be drama Lincoln Heights replacing Martin/Sanford & Son. The 12 midnight hour will have have Half & Half and Eve, replacing an hour of Living Single. A Different World and Lincoln Heights will encore in the 1am and 2am hours replacing a movie. And finally, the primetime block encore from 3-5am will be replaced by a movie.
There will be no changes made to weekends.
As we already announced, TV Land will air the final episodes of Make My Day all next week at 10pm. The holiday season has arrived, so in the spirit of giving, TV Land is airing the hilarious original comedic hidden camera series Make My Day, beginning Monday, December 21 and wrapping up on Christmas morning, December 25 during "TV Land's 10th Annual Merrython." The 30-minute series takes a positive spin on pranking as hidden cameras capture the weird coincidences, extraordinary situations and surprise celebrity appearances that occur for deserving participants over the course of a seemingly "normal" day. Kenan Thompson takes viewers through each outrageous episode of Make My Day. The series is executive produced by Michael Davies and is produced for TV Land by Embassy Row, David Granger and Will Macdonald of Monkey Kingdom and Sony Pictures Television (SPT). SPT is also the distributor of the series.
The series guarantees that each worthy participant will experience his or her best day ever, from a wannabe rapper from New Jersey joining musician Lil Jon on a spontaneous live radio interview to a manager of a high-end pet store ending up on the set of a telenovela spoof with her favorite heartthrobs, Desperate Housewives' Jesse Metcalfe and Dancing With The Stars' Cristian de la Fuente, to a guitar shop owner finding himself in a bowling match partnered with The Sopranos star Vincent Pastore and meeting NFL wide receiver Amani Toomer. The unsuspecting stars of each episode of Make My Day are bound to run into their favorite actors, be given tickets to the event of their dreams or hang out with their most beloved professional athlete as each episode culminates in one of the best days of their lives.
The series premiered in August and was pulled after only 2 episodes, so the final four will now finally air.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, April 29
Henry Danger - "Stuck in Two Holes" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Whaaaat?!? Captain Man and Kid Danger are each stuck in a hole?!? Charlotte and Jasper better go help, 'cuz Schwoz is takin' a bean bath!
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "I Want My Mae B. Back" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After Mae starts to spend more time with her new boyfriend, Dawn begins to get jealous so enlists Nicky, Ricky, and Dicky to help separate them so that she can have her friend back.
Sunday, April 30
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- America Ferrera (Superstore) - America drops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ike Barinholtz (The Mindy Project) - Ike appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Joel McHale (The Great Indoors/Community) - Joel is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jake Johnson (New Girl) - Jake visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Hank Azaria (Brockmire/The Simpsons/Free Agents) - Hank stops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Al Madrigal (About a Boy/Welcome to the Captain/Gary Unmarried) - Al appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ashton Kutcher (The Ranch/Two and a Half Men/That '70s Show) - Ashton appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison teams up with Mario Batali to make a cheesy, decadent Gnocchi Al Telefono and dishes about her new Broadway show on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Charlie Hunnam (Undeclared) - Charlie will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 11:15am.
- Nick Robinson (Melissa & Joey) - Nick talks about his new film Everything, Everything on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.