Thursday, December 17, 2009
The very next day on Sunday, January 17, beginning at 12pm, TV One presents the "Living Single 'Queen Regine' Marathon" that features episodes of the popular TV One sitcom focusing on Kim Fields character Regine in all her diva glory. The marathons airs though 6pm then an encore of the Living Single Reunion will air in the 6pm hour.
Beginning on Tuesday, January 19 at 9pm and continuing through Thursday, January 21, TV One presents the premiere of an all-new sitcom from the producers of Martin and The Jamie Foxx Show entitled Love That Girl starring Tatyana Ali (TV One Access, The Fresh Prince of Bel Air) and Phil Morris. In the sitcom, a young woman (Ali) looks for a second chance in life by obtaining her real estate license and begins working with her father (Morris) who owns a real estate company. When her unemployed brother unexpectedly moves in with her, the world that she was trying to create is suddenly turned upside down and life will never be the same. Other characters include wacky neighbors who always have an opinion on her life, the best friend who owns a beauty salon, and her father's ghetto fabulous assistant. Encore airing are scheduled for 12am each night. Four episodes will air.
And finally, the big stuff! On Monday, January 25 beginning at 10pm, TV One brings two new shows to their prime-time landscape with the additions of the sitcom A Different World airing back to back episodes at 10pm & 10:30pm and the family drama series Lincoln Heights airing at 11pm. Both new acquisitions will air nightly Monday-Friday. As a result, there will be schedule changes made starting this day. Amen returns to the regular schedule and will air at 8am, followed by an episode of The Jeffersons at 8:30am, both replacing an hour of Half & Half. Good Times will take the 9am hour replacing originals. New York Undercover moves from 3pm to 11am, replacing an hour of originals. Originals replace Eve and Martin hours from 12-2pm. The 2pm hour will see an hour of The Hughleys, replacing Living Single. At 3pm The PJ's returns to the schedule and will air in the hour. The 4pm hour is now Sanford & Son instead of Divorce Court, which slides to the 5pm hour, replacing an hour of All of Us. The 6-8pm block remains the same with an hour of The Jeffersons at 6pm and half-hour each of Martin and Good Times in the 7pm hour. The nightly 8pm-11pm marathons are no more, as the new primetime line-up will have half-hours of Martim, Good Times, Living Single, and The Hughleys from 8-10pm leading into an hour of A Different World at 10. The nightly marathons had Martin on Mondays, Good Times Tuesdays, Between Brothers Wednesdays, and Living Single Thursdays, but they will be replaced with that primetime schedule starting Jan. 25. For late night, at 11pm as we mentioned it will be drama Lincoln Heights replacing Martin/Sanford & Son. The 12 midnight hour will have have Half & Half and Eve, replacing an hour of Living Single. A Different World and Lincoln Heights will encore in the 1am and 2am hours replacing a movie. And finally, the primetime block encore from 3-5am will be replaced by a movie.
There will be no changes made to weekends.
As we already announced, TV Land will air the final episodes of Make My Day all next week at 10pm. The holiday season has arrived, so in the spirit of giving, TV Land is airing the hilarious original comedic hidden camera series Make My Day, beginning Monday, December 21 and wrapping up on Christmas morning, December 25 during "TV Land's 10th Annual Merrython." The 30-minute series takes a positive spin on pranking as hidden cameras capture the weird coincidences, extraordinary situations and surprise celebrity appearances that occur for deserving participants over the course of a seemingly "normal" day. Kenan Thompson takes viewers through each outrageous episode of Make My Day. The series is executive produced by Michael Davies and is produced for TV Land by Embassy Row, David Granger and Will Macdonald of Monkey Kingdom and Sony Pictures Television (SPT). SPT is also the distributor of the series.
The series guarantees that each worthy participant will experience his or her best day ever, from a wannabe rapper from New Jersey joining musician Lil Jon on a spontaneous live radio interview to a manager of a high-end pet store ending up on the set of a telenovela spoof with her favorite heartthrobs, Desperate Housewives' Jesse Metcalfe and Dancing With The Stars' Cristian de la Fuente, to a guitar shop owner finding himself in a bowling match partnered with The Sopranos star Vincent Pastore and meeting NFL wide receiver Amani Toomer. The unsuspecting stars of each episode of Make My Day are bound to run into their favorite actors, be given tickets to the event of their dreams or hang out with their most beloved professional athlete as each episode culminates in one of the best days of their lives.
The series premiered in August and was pulled after only 2 episodes, so the final four will now finally air.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, February 25
The Thundermans - "Ditch Perfect" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Phoebe learns Max’s band plans to dump him, she suspects that his superhero training is hurting his friendships. Determined to help, she attempts to repair things with the band, but her good deeds quickly backfire.
Game Shakers - "Wedding Shower of Doom" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Dub’s brother shows up at Game Shakers and invites everyone except Dub to his wedding, the kids convince him to bring his brother into the fold, promising to make Dub behave himself at the event.
Monday, February 27
- Keri Russell (Running Wilde) - Watch Keri on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Connie Britton (Spin City/The Fighting Fitzgeralds/Lost at Home) - Connie appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Slink Johnson (Black Jesus) - Slick is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation) - Adam drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Josh Henderson (One on One) - Josh appears on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo. He also talks about The Arrangement on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- David Hyde Pierce (Frasier) - David chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Leighton Meester (Making History) - Leighton stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly visits Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- John Lithgow (Trial & Error/Twenty Good Years/3rd Rock from the Sun) - John talks about Trial & Error on NBC's Today in the 9am hour and on the AOL Build Show at 1:30pm.
- Billy Gardell (Mike & Molly) - Billy dishes on how This is Us is following in Mike & Molly’s footsteps – and why both shows are so beloved on People Now at 8:30am.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) and Craig Robinson (The Office) - Lisa and Craig talk about their new film Table 19 on the AOL Build Show at 2:30pm.
- Sinbad (A Different World/The Sinbad Show) - Sinbad is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Bradley Whitford (Trophy Wife) - Bradley visits The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Craig Robinson (The Office/Mr. Robinson) - Craig appears on The Real, so check your local listings.