Friday, August 14, 2009
The series joining or returning to the schedule are Valley of the Dinosaurs, Gerald McBoing Boing, Krypto the Superdog, Super Globetrotters, Help! It's the Hair Bear Bunch, Boomerang Zoo, The Adventures of Gulliver, MGM Cartoons, Secret Squirrel, Those Meddling Kids (Josie & the Pussycats, Speed Buggy, Jabber Jaw), Pebbles & Bamm Bamm, 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo, Scooby-Doo Where Are You?, and The Flintstones Comedy Show.
Unfortunately a few series have to leave as a result. Pound Puppies, Dynomutt, Fantastic Max, Hong Kong Phooey, The Jetsons (80s), Huckleberry Hound, Atom Ant, Thundarr, Centurions, SWAT Kats, and 2 Stupid Dogs will be leaving the schedule.
Among the highlights for September is a Scooby-Doo Labor Day Weekend marathon with Scooby-Doo Where Are You? on Saturday, Sept. 5 from 2-9pm and The New Scooby-Doo Movies on Sunday, Sept. 6. from 2-9pm. Boomerang Theater (Mon-Wed) movies for the month include Popeye the Sailor Meets Aladdin and His Wonderful Lamp, I Yabba Dabba Do, and The Jetsons Meet the Flintstones.
View the full Boomerang Fall 2009 schedule. Special thanks to ToonZone.net and NickandMore.com for posting this. That's one schedule I didn't have to post myself at least!
We announced ION Television's September 2009 line-up a few weeks back. It included the premiere of original drama Durham County. It will air Mondays at 10PM starting Monday, Sept. 7 with an immediate encore at 11PM, as we stated already. Now ION has announced they will encore the first episode four more times! They will encore the first episodes all that week at 11PM instead of airing paid programming. So you have six chances to watch the premiere episode --during the premiere at 10PM on Sept. 7 or during the five 11PM encores that week (Sept. 7-11) at 11PM. After the premiere week, only the Monday 11PM encore will remain.
Also, ION has launched a multi-tiered, interactive experience website, durhamcountysecrets.com, that introduces users to the show and its cast. Clips, sound bites and photos provide a sneak peek inside the neighborhood where no secret stays buried forever. In addition, users can upload their own secrets, view secrets from others and send them to a friend. Twitter (www.twitter.com/Durham_County) and Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Durham-Cunty/117054392149) sites are also created so users can discover hidden and locked clips that require a code in order to view.
The award-winning Durham County follows the troubled world of Homicide Detective Mike Sweeney (Hugh Dillon). Sweeney becomes personally involved in a murder investigation after moving his family to quiet suburbia for a fresh start when his partner is killed and his wife Audrey (Hélène Joy) is diagnosed with breast cancer. Produced by Muse Entertainment and Back Alley Films, the series has received 13 Gemini Award Nominations and five wins.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, October 25
The Middle - "Halloween VIII: The Heckoning" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
As Halloween approaches, Frankie is taken aback when she discovers that, if the circumstances ever arose where she and Mike got divorced, the kids would all choose to live with Mike. Meanwhile, Sue tries everything in her power to get her room back from Brick, and having to be so nice around girlfriend April all of the time leads Axl to lash out at his family.
American Housewife - "Westport Zombies" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Katie, jealous of Taylor’s friendship with neighbor Viv (Leslie Bibb), reluctantly competes in the Westport Halloween “Zombie Run” after she finds out they’ll both be running. Meanwhile, Greg and Anna-Kat get a little too much in character for the “zombie” part of the run’s obstacle course.
Fresh Off the Boat - "Louisween" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
It’s Louis’ favorite holiday, and he makes every attempt to scare Jessica into the Halloween spirit, but she is buried in her word processor, drafting her first horror novel. Meanwhile, Emery and Evan debate costume choices, and Eddie and his crew are excited to party with high schoolers at Nicole’s house.
The Real O'Neals - "The Real Halloween" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Halloween arrives, or what Kenny refers to as “the gay Super Bowl,” he plans to go to Boystown to watch the festive costume parade. In an effort to prevent Kenny from attending, Eileen agrees to let him throw his own Halloween party at home. Eileen’s tolerance is ultimately tested when Kenny recruits Stuart and his gay friends to join the big party, and he makes a BIG costume change. Meanwhile, Jimmy and Shannon plan to pull off an epic Halloween prank.
Atlanta - "Junteenth" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Why my Auntie trying to make me go to one of these bougie Junteenth parties again? I don't like them sadity people and I'm gonna miss my shows. Le sigh.
Family Time - "Head of House" (Bounce TV, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When the Stallworths have an unexpected visitor, they learn of a vicious crime that took place in their home years ago.
Tuesday, October 25
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Catch Will on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Friends) - Matt is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Cobie Smulders (How I Met Your Mother) - Cobie appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Skylar Astin (Ground Floor) - Skylar is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Mary Lynn Rajskub (How to Be a Gentleman/Veronica's Closet/The Larry Sanders Show) and David Koechner (Another Period/Hank/The Office) - Mary and David are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John appears on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Jamie Lee Curtis (Scream Queens/Anything But Love) - Jamie Lee is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Erinn Hayes (Kevin Can Wait/Guys with Kids/Worst Week) - Erinn plays a celeb guessing game with Rach, who’s serving up no-fail make-your-own takeout, on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. She will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Cheryl Hines (Son of Zorn/Suburgatory/Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Cheryl is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Abbi Jacobson (Broad City) - Abbi will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. She will also be on the AOL Build Show 4pm.
- Don Rickles (C.P.O. Sharkey/Daddy Dearest) - Don is a guest on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Nico Tortorella (Younger) - Nico appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.