Saturday, August 16, 2008
Entourage: The Complete Fourth Season (HBO, $39.98) continues the ongoing story of Vince Chase "chasing" his dreams to make it big in Hollywood, thanks to (but most often in spite of) his faithful group of friends, his entourage, Eric, Drama, and Turtle.
We start the season with "Welcome to the Jungle," where we go behind-the-scenes (not from our perspective, but the perspective of the characters of the show) of the Vince’s movie for this season, Medellin. In "Sorry, Harvey," Ari gets into some trouble and lands in jail for what he does with a top-secret script... oops! The series addresses the modern issue of things that shouldn’t be on YouTube ending up on there in "The Dream Team" and "The WeHo Ho." Finally, he guys learn a lesson in reality in the film business in "The Cannes Kids." There are many well-known guest stars this season, including Gary Busey, Snoop Dogg, Sydney Pollack, Kanye West, and more.
The audio and video on the set is superb, with the video being presented in the 16:9 aspect ratio and audio in Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound. But there are also Spanish and French audio tracks, as well as English, Spanish, and French subtitles. The episodes are spanned over three discs, but the outside packaging is slightly different this time. While it looks similar, the big change is that the sturdier hard cardboard packaging has been replaced with a less expensive standard box. It isn't a big deal, though.
The set is loaded with special features, beginning with commentaries. The commentaries are by Doug Ellin, Kevin Connolly, Kevin Dillon, Jerry Ferrara, and Adrian Grenier. These can be found on "Welcome to the Jungle," "The Day Fu*kers," and "The Cannes Kids." "The Making of Medellin" goes behind-the-scenes into the making of the very movie that Vince is starring in this season. "Medellin Trailer," of course, is a trailer for the fictitious movie. "U.S. Comedy Arts Festival Panel" is a nice and long conversation with the cast members at the U.S. Comedy Arts Festival. This lasts a whole fifty minutes, and is very insightful and entertaining. Finally, although the packaging doesn't mention it, there are recaps and previews for every episode on the set, which are basically like short promos. I like to watch them before I watch any episode.
As always, we have a pretty good DVD set here, and fans are sure to be happy with what is here. We have another great season of episodes with great special features. I'm usually not a fan of these premium cable series, although this is one of the few that I find enjoyable and far better than many other series on television today. It is surprising that this series isn't also being released on Blu-Ray Disc as well, although I'm sure that will come at some point in the future.
-- Reviewed by skees53
To purchase this DVD, click below and help support SitcomsOnline.com:
SitcomsOnline.com Full DVD Reviews Page
Entourage TV.com Page
New on DVD/Blu-ray (July)
07/07 - Archie Bunker's Place - Season One (Mill Creek)
07/07 - Barney Miller - The Final (Eighth) Season
07/07 - Married with Children - Season Eleven (Mill Creek)
07/07 - Married with Children - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
07/07 - The Michael J. Fox Show - The Complete First Season
07/07 - Playing House - Season 1
07/14 - Growing Pains - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
07/14 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Third Season
07/28 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites - Season 7
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, July 30
The Big Bang Theory - "The Fortification Implementation" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Sheldon and Amy build a blanket fort, they come to major crossroads in their relationship. Also, Wolowitz meets the half-brother he never knew he had, and when Penny is invited to appear on Wil Wheaton’s podcast, she and Leonard have a huge, on-air argument.
Mom - "Nudes and a Six-Day Cleanse" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After realizing she's been a waitress longer than she planned, Christy takes steps towards a new career. Also, Bonnie and Alvin try to recapture their youth.
Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll - "Lust for Life" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Johnny dies. On the internet. And decides to stay dead for financial reasons. Which leads to a big break for Gigi.
Married - "The Sandwich" (FX, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Russ and Lina go on separate dates.
Thursday, July 30
- Jason Bateman (Arrested Development/It's Your Move/Silver Spoons) - Catch Jason on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Bella Thorne (Shake It Up) - Bella visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Christine Baranski (Cybill/Welcome to New York/Happy Family) - Christine stops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Christina Applegate (Up All Night/Samantha Who?/Jesse/Married with Children) - Christina drops The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Seth Morris (The Hotwives of Orlando/Go On/Happy Endings) - Seth appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Ed Helms (The Office) - Ed visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Cedric the Entertainer (The Soul Man/The Steve Harvey Show) and Niecy Nash (The Soul Man/Getting On/Reno 911!) - Cedric and Niecy dish about The Soul Man on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Roseanne Barr (Roseanne) - Roseanne appears on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- Tamela and David Mann (Mann & Wife/Meet the Browns) - Tamela and David are guests on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Emeril Lagasse (Emeril) - Emeril cooks on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Tahj Mowry (Baby Daddy/Smart Guy) - Tahj appears on The Boris and Nicole Show on select Fox-owned stations, so check your local listings.
- Bobcat Goldthwait (Unhappily Ever After) - Bobcat is a guest on the AOL Build Show.
- Casey Wilson (Marry Me/Happy Endings) - Casey appears on a repeat of Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Demi Lovato (Sonny with a Chance) - Demi talks about her new single and participation in the upcoming iHeartRadio Music Festival on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Vivica A. Fox (Out All Night/Arsenio) - Vivica talks about her new movie Ways to Die on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Jessie T. Usher (Survivor's Remorse) - Jessie will be on Essence Live.
- Damon Wayans, Jr. (New Girl/Happy Endings) - Damon is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.