Saturday, August 16, 2008
Entourage: The Complete Fourth Season (HBO, $39.98) continues the ongoing story of Vince Chase "chasing" his dreams to make it big in Hollywood, thanks to (but most often in spite of) his faithful group of friends, his entourage, Eric, Drama, and Turtle.
We start the season with "Welcome to the Jungle," where we go behind-the-scenes (not from our perspective, but the perspective of the characters of the show) of the Vince’s movie for this season, Medellin. In "Sorry, Harvey," Ari gets into some trouble and lands in jail for what he does with a top-secret script... oops! The series addresses the modern issue of things that shouldn’t be on YouTube ending up on there in "The Dream Team" and "The WeHo Ho." Finally, he guys learn a lesson in reality in the film business in "The Cannes Kids." There are many well-known guest stars this season, including Gary Busey, Snoop Dogg, Sydney Pollack, Kanye West, and more.
The audio and video on the set is superb, with the video being presented in the 16:9 aspect ratio and audio in Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound. But there are also Spanish and French audio tracks, as well as English, Spanish, and French subtitles. The episodes are spanned over three discs, but the outside packaging is slightly different this time. While it looks similar, the big change is that the sturdier hard cardboard packaging has been replaced with a less expensive standard box. It isn't a big deal, though.
The set is loaded with special features, beginning with commentaries. The commentaries are by Doug Ellin, Kevin Connolly, Kevin Dillon, Jerry Ferrara, and Adrian Grenier. These can be found on "Welcome to the Jungle," "The Day Fu*kers," and "The Cannes Kids." "The Making of Medellin" goes behind-the-scenes into the making of the very movie that Vince is starring in this season. "Medellin Trailer," of course, is a trailer for the fictitious movie. "U.S. Comedy Arts Festival Panel" is a nice and long conversation with the cast members at the U.S. Comedy Arts Festival. This lasts a whole fifty minutes, and is very insightful and entertaining. Finally, although the packaging doesn't mention it, there are recaps and previews for every episode on the set, which are basically like short promos. I like to watch them before I watch any episode.
As always, we have a pretty good DVD set here, and fans are sure to be happy with what is here. We have another great season of episodes with great special features. I'm usually not a fan of these premium cable series, although this is one of the few that I find enjoyable and far better than many other series on television today. It is surprising that this series isn't also being released on Blu-Ray Disc as well, although I'm sure that will come at some point in the future.
-- Reviewed by skees53
To purchase this DVD, click below and help support SitcomsOnline.com:
SitcomsOnline.com Full DVD Reviews Page
Entourage TV.com Page
New on DVD/Blu-ray (May)
05/05 - Cheers - The Complete Series
05/12 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete Fourth Season
05/12 - The Hotwives of Orlando - The Complete First Season
05/12 - Mister Ed - The Final (Sixth) Season (Shout! Factory)
05/19 - American Dad - Volume 10
05/19 - C.P.O. Sharkey - The Complete Season 1
05/19 - The Larry Sanders Show - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
05/19 - Married with Children - Season Nine (Mill Creek)
05/19 - Married with Children - Season Ten (Mill Creek)
05/19 - Married with Children - Seasons Nine and Ten (Mill Creek)
05/19 - Married with Children - Seasons Nine and Ten (Mill Creek)
05/19 - NewsRadio - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
05/19 - Welcome to Sweden - The Complete First Season
05/26 - Hello Ladies - Season 1
05/26 - The Nanny - The Complete Series
05/26 - Welcome Back, Kotter - The Complete Third Season
05/26 - The Wonder Years - Season Three
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, May 30
Bella and the Bulldogs - "No Girls Allowed" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
An outdated rule about girls not being able to play football is made public before the Bulldogs' first playoff game, preventing Bella from playing. Now Bella and the team have to change the rules to make history.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "No Ifs, Ands, or But-ers" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
The Quads turn their garage into an awesome hangout space, making their house the place to be. But when a notorious one-upper opens a competing hangout, the Quads have to work together to top her and regain their social status. Guest Star: Science Bob.
100 Things to Do Before High School - "Start a Garage Band Thing!" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
CJ, Fen and Crispo start a garage band with hopes of winning top prize at the school's music festival. But when creative differences break up the band, CJ must find a way to reunite the team in time for their big performance.
K.C. Undercover - "Double Crossed Part 2" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Zane has captured K.C.; the family is unaware as their rival has also created a K.C. look alike to infiltrate and destroy the Coopers.
Monday, June 1
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Mollly/Samantha Who?) - Watch Melissa on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. She also talks about her new film Spy on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Jeremy Piven (Entourage/Ellen) - Jeremy visits Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC. He also discusses new his film Entourage on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Hannah Simone (New Girl) - Hannah appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Rory Scovel (Ground Floor) - Rory is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Joel McHale (Community) - Joel stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- David Spade (Rules of Engagement/8 Simple Rules/Just Shoot Me) - David drops by The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Jonathan Groff (Looking) - Jonathan is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Regina King (227) - Regina appears on a repeat of The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Ana Ortiz (Kristin/A.U.S.A.) - Ana, Roselyn Sanchez and Susan Lucci chat about Devious Maids with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. Ana and Roselyn also join the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT. Ana will be on Morning Joe on MSNBC sometime between 6-9am. They can be heard on Shade 45 with Sway and Morning Jolt with Larry Flick on SiriusXM Radio.
- Tracy Morgan (30 Rock/The Tracy Morgan Show) - Tracy gives first interview since his tragic car accident on Inside Edition, so check your local listings. He will also be on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.