Friday, December 07, 2012
MeTV Network January 2013 Has Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of December 10, 2012)
It was only last Friday we told you about MeTV Network airing an I Dream of Jeannie stunt in memory of the late Larry Hagman and we hinted if the sitcom would be joining the actual MeTV line-up soon? Now we can tell you! I Dream of Jeannie will indeed join The MeTV Network regular schedule as part of their "new year" schedule starting December 31. But that's not all! The classic sitcom Bewitched will also join The MeTV Network line-up! As we have seen many times before on television, both sitcoms will be paired together and air back-to-back. Both series will air in the 8pm ET hour beginning Monday, Dec. 31, 2012 only on The MeTV Network. Bewitched and I Dream of Jeannie will replace Remington Steele on the schedule and that drama will be totally off the line-up for now.
The rest of the line-up will have minor changes. Wagon Train joins the Saturday western line-up. Returning to the schedule are The Odd Couple and Honey West, while MeTV Network will bring in The Saint and Mr. Lucky in the overnight on Sunday nights. As we mentioned, Remington Steele is going to leave the schedule, as are the following shows: The Honeymooners, Cheers, Branded, & The Guns of Will Sonnett Schedule highlights include Dobie Gillis returning to weekdays, airing at 5am, while The Odd Couple returns to the schedule and will air in primetime at 10pm. As for upcoming stunts, the MeTV Sunday Showcase on Sunday, Dec. 23 will feature classic animated holiday specials from 3-7pm. Airing will be The First Snow of Winter, The Forgotten Toys, He-Man and She-Ra: A Christmas Special, A Snow White Christmas, and Cricket on the Hearth. We'll come back and detail the sitcom Christmas episodes airing on The MeTV Network but you can expect holiday episodes on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day and even shows on hiatus might pop-up like Taxi.
View the full MeTV Network January 2013 schedule. Now last Friday we also mentioned that I Dream of Jeannie would be back on TV for sure in late 2013 (yes almost a year away, hmm). Now what did we mean by that? Well we can't officially say yet but more I Dream of Jeannie, and also Bewitched as well, are to come in late 2013! Stay with us for continued updates!
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars, so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of December 10-14, 2012, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! All times listed are Eastern. So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, December 10, 2012
- Ted Danson (Cheers/Becker) - Watch Ted on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- Jake Johnson (New Girl) - Jake stops by The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Laura Linney (The Big C) - Laura is a guest on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Seth MacFarlane (Family Guy/American Dad!/The Cleveland Show) - Seth appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Nathan Lane (Encore! Encore!/Charlie Lawrence) - Nathan visits The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Judy Greer (Mad Love/Miss Guided/Arrested Development) - Judy guest co-hosts Anderson Live, so check your local listings.
- Valerie Bertinelli (Hot in Cleveland/One Day at a Time) - Valerie guest co-hosts Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Betty White (Hot in Cleveland/The Golden Girls/The Mary Tyler Moore Show) - Catch Betty on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Laura Linney (The Big C) - Laura continues to make the rounds on Comedy Central's The Daily Show with Jon Stewart at 11pm.
- Jami Gertz (The Neighbors/Still Standing/Square Pegs) - Jami appears on The Jeff Probst Show, so check your local listings.
- Constance Zimmer (Good Morning, Miami) - Constance is a guest on The Jeff Probst Show, so check your local listings.
- Joey Lawrence (Melissa & Joey/Brotherly Love/Gimme a Break!) - Joey bakes gingerbread men cookies on Marie at 12pm on Hallmark Channel.
- Beth Behrs (2 Broke Girls) - Watch Beth on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Connie Britton (Spin City/Lost at Home) - Connie visits Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Nadine Velazquez (My Name Is Earl) - Nadine is a guest on a repeat of Marie at 12pm on Hallmark Channel.
- Jamie Foxx (The Jamie Foxx Show) - Catch Jamie on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Zachary Knighton (Happy Endings/Life on a Stick) - Zachary appears on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- Kevin Nealon (Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin is a guest on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations. He will also be on Joy Behar: Say Anything! at 6pm on Current.
- Bette Midler (Bette) - Watch Bette on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Mark Feuerstein (Good Morning, Miami) - Mark appears on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Teri Polo (Man Up!/I'm with Her) - Teri shows Marie how to make her favorite holiday decorations on a repeat of Marie at 12pm on Hallmark Channel.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, December 2
Last Man Standing - "Precious Snowflakes" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Mandy chooses local-celebrity Mike as the speaker for her business school’s graduation. After learning that the school requires his speech to be PC and micro-agression free, Mike decides whether or not to play by the rules. Meanwhile, Eve’s friend Cammy (Sarah Gilman) is home from college, bragging about how fantastic her new life has been, leaving Eve feeling slightly fruitless and discouraged.
Dr. Ken - "D.K's New Girlfriend" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When D.K. overhears Allison complain about him overstaying his welcome, he decides to move in with his girlfriend of three weeks. Meanwhile, Pat wants Dave to pretend he’s his adopted son; and Allison is convinced Molly wants to talk about something when she suggests they do a spa day, but the tables turn when Molly is the one doling out the advice.
I Love Lucy - "I Love Lucy Christmas Special" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
The I LOVE LUCY CHRISTMAS SPECIAL features “The Christmas Episode” and the newly colorized “Lucy Gets in Pictures.” Both were colorized with a vintage look, a nod to the 1950s period in which the shows were filmed. The main titles and end credits of the two episodes are seamlessly combined into one set at the beginning and end of the hour, with no interruption between the episodes.
“The Christmas Episode” finds the Ricardos and Mertzes decorating Lucy and Ricky’s Christmas tree and reminiscing about how their lives have changed since the arrival of the Ricardos’ son, Little Ricky (Keith Thibodeaux). Flashbacks recall the night Lucy tells Ricky she is pregnant, the time Lucy shows up unexpectedly as part of a barbershop quartet and the day Ricky and the Mertzes rehearse taking Lucy to the maternity ward.
“The Christmas Episode” was first broadcast on CBS in December 1956. The episode was not included in the series’ long history of rebroadcasts, first on CBS Daytime and later in syndication. Thought to be lost, CBS rediscovered the episode in 1989.
In the newly colorized “Lucy Gets in Pictures,” Lucy’s lifelong dream of appearing in a motion picture seems to have come true when Ricky arranges for her to play a showgirl in a new musical. Unfortunately, the enormous feathered headdress she is expected to wear as she descends a staircase proves to be too cumbersome. After numerous mishaps on the stairs, the musical’s frustrated director (Lou Krugman) decides to make a change.
“Lucy Gets in Pictures” was originally broadcast Feb. 21, 1955, and was an immediate favorite not only of viewers, but of Lucille Ball herself. She restaged the famous headdress scene, again with Krugman, in the 1962 CBS special, “Opening Night,” and in 1965 in a slightly modified form, this time with actor Danny Thomas, in her second CBS series, “The Lucy Show.”
Liv and Maddie: Cali Style - "Cali Christmas-a-Rooney" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Maddie gets upset that she can't be in Wisconsin for Christmas, so Liv helps cheer her up.
Girl Meets World - "Girl Meets a Christmas Maya" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
As Christmas approaches, Riley gets excited to celebrate her favorite holiday, but for Maya, the holidays only bring back unhappy memories from her childhood.
Bunk'd - "How the Griff Stole Christmas" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
The holidays arrive at Camp Kikiwaka with everyone in good spirits -- except for Griff.
Friday, December 2
- Chelsea Handler (Are You There, Chelsea?) - Watch Chelsea on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- John Goodman (Roseanne/Normal, Ohio) - John appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Andrew Rannells (Girls/The New Normal) - Andrew is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Holland Taylor (Two and a Half Men/The Powers That Be/Bosom Buddies) - Holland chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Melissa Rauch (The Big Bang Theory) - Melissa appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Busy Philipps (Vice Principals/Cougar Town) - Busy guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Randall Park (Fresh Off the Boat) - Randall stops by LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Scott Patterson (Aliens in America) - Scott is a guest on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Kevin Quinn (Bunk'd) - Kevin appears on People Now at 8:30am.
- Miss Piggy (The Muppets) - NBC's Today catches up with Miss Piggy in the 10am hour.
- Gaby Hoffmann (Transparent/Someone Like Me) - Gaby appears on Chelsea on Netflix.