Wednesday, December 14, 2011
Antenna TV has just scheduled a marathon of the '90s sitcom Mad About You. The marathon will air Friday, Dec. 23, 2011 from 2pm-1am, with episodes from the final season of the hit sitcom starring Helen Hunt and Paul Reiser (a season one episode kicks it off actually at 1:30pm). This will include the one-hour series finale, "The Final Frontier." Of course the following two days on Antenna TV will be the Christmas marathon featuring all of their series, as we mentioned. So for three straight days, it's marathon mania on Antenna TV from Dec. 23-25.
This Mad About You marathon was not originally scheduled and will be a treat for fans because the series is not on the regular schedule anymore. It last aired in the summer airing Mon-Thurs at 11pm & 11:30pm, but it was replaced in the fall. There is no word on if it will return to the regular schedule in January, but as of now that is not the plan. In this comedy, Paul and Jamie Buchman share their lives and offer wit and wisdom about relationships. Together, they grow and mature as they learn the art of staying married and loving it. Along for the ride is their ever-tolerant dog, Murray, along with Jamie's best friend, Fran, Jamie's sister, Lisa, and Paul's cousin, Ira.
Will there be any schedule changes in January? Likely no, but we will of course keep you up to date on any changes for Antenna TV, so stay with us!
FX has picked up a fourth season of its comedy series The League, ordering 13 episodes. Currently airing its third season, The League is averaging series-high ratings across the board. On a first-run basis, the show is averaging 1.7 million Total Viewers and 1.5 million Adults 18-49, up +25% and +32, respectively, vs. season two. On a multi-run total basis, season two delivered 2.9 million total viewers and 2.5 million adults 18-49. This season has featured an all-star lineup of comedic guest stars including Seth Rogen, Jeff Goldblum, Sarah Silverman, Ray Liotta, Will Forte and Eliza Dushku.
FX's ensemble comedy follows a group of old friends in a fantasy football league who care deeply about one another - so deeply that they use every opportunity to make each other's lives miserable. It was created by the husband-and-wife team of Jeff Schaffer (Curb Your Enthusiasm, Seinfeld) and Jackie Marcus Schaffer who serve as executive producers and directors. The ensemble cast features Mark Duplass, Stephen Rannazzisi, Nick Kroll, Paul Scheer, Katie Aselton and Jon Lajoie. The series is produced by FX Productions. There are three episodes of The League remaining in its third season. Episode 11, "The Guest Bong," airs this Thursday at 10:30PM E/P. Pete's new girlfriend wants to help him with his line up; Kevin's past at the DA's office has him running scared; Ruxin runs afoul of his company's email policies; and auto-correct gets everybody in trouble.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, December 8
The Big Bang Theory - "The Military Miniaturization" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Colonel Williams (Dean Norris), an Air Force representative from the Department of Material Command sits down to talk with Wolowitz.
The Great Indoors - "@Emma" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Emma quits after being turned down for a raise, Jack and Roland become the magazine’s newest and worst ever social media managers. Also, in a misguided attempt to boost business, Eddie re-brands his bar as “magic-themed.”
Mom - "Cornbread and a Cashmere Onesie" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Christy and Bonnie worry about Jill after her cry for help on the anniversary of her mother’s suicide.
Life in Pieces - "Swim Survivor Zen Talk" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When John decides to try out for “Survivor,” Tim gets jealous and attempts to undermine his audition tape. Also, Colleen confesses she can’t swim when she and Matt discuss Hawaii as a honeymoon destination; Jen pretends to get hooked on meditation so she can use the time to play cell phone games; and Heather gives Sophia the “sex” talk. “Survivor” host Jeff Probst guest stars as himself.
Thursday, December 8
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Catch Jennifer on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Lola Kirke (Mozart in the Jungle) - Lola is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Emeril Lagasse (Emeril) - Emeril guest co-hosts Rachael Ray and makes sausage-stuffed mushrooms, so check your local listings.
- Jodie Sweetin (Fuller House/Full House) and Andrea Barber (Fuller House/Full House) - Jodie and Andrea chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. Jodie joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Judah Friedlander (30 Rock) - Judah is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Lori Loughlin (Fuller House/Full House) - Lori is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT. She also talks about what to expect from Season 2 of Fuller House on People Now at 8:30am.
- Scott Patterson (Aliens in America) - Scott talks about Luke and Lorelai’s wedding scene from Gilmore Girls – and if he thinks the two will ever have a baby on People Now at 8:30am.
- Josh Radnor (How I Met Your Mother) - Josh is a guest on the AOL Build Show at 12pm.
- Emmanuelle Chriqui (Entourage) - Emanuelle appears the AOL Build Show 3:45pm.
- Gael Garcia Bernal (Mozart in the Jungle) - Gael is a guest on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Will appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.