Monday, October 03, 2011
Centric Fall 2011 Schedule: Wayans Bros. and 227; AmericanLife TV Now YouToo Social TV, Adds Batman, X-Files, Green Hornet
Weekends will have marathons, as this coming weekend (Oct. 8-9) will have a marathon of classic Soul Train on Saturday from 12pm-6pm. But that's not the big gun this weekend, as Centric will air non-stop The Cosby Show starting at 7pm on Saturday through 6pm Sunday! From 6-8pm on Sunday they will air the 2002 reunion, The Cosby Show: A Look Back. This is not a weekend, but on Columbus Day (which is next Monday, Oct. 10), Centric will present a Columbus Day marathon of The Proud Family from 9am-9pm. And finally on Saturday, Oct. 15, Centric will air a marathon of Sister, Sister from 11am-6pm.
So there you have it, the Centric Fall 2011 schedule at last. We were just waiting for 227 to be scheduled, as we knew it was acquired, but now it has a timeslot. 227 also airs on cable on GMC (weeknights at 11pm), so it will be a shared deal.
The AmericanLife TV Network has re-branded itself again. Now they are known as YouToo Social TV, as of last week. They have added a few series from 20th Century Fox to its line-up. The court series Texas Justice airs weekdays at 7am and 12pm. The classic '60s Batman is now airing on YouToo airing weekdays for an hour at 1pm, 4pm and 11pm. Fellow '60s series The Green Hornet airs weekdays 2-2:45pm, 5-5:45pm, and 10:15-11pm. Perhaps their biggest series airing is The X-Files, which is airing weekdays 2:45-4pm, 5:45-7pm, and 9pm-10:15pm. The X-Files also is on weekends: 2pm-3:15pm, 8:30-9:45pm and 10:45pm-12am. It's an episode each in these blocks, so the weird airtimes doesn't mean it is unedited, but they have some time for social TV. Airing during these reruns, they will ask viewers to submit videos responding to questions during breaks produced by Mark Burnett and hosted by X-Files' Lone Gunman Dean Haglund, onetime American Idol contestant Mikalah Gordon and others, reports USA Today. So now you can get yourself on TV by submitting answers via video during these programs. Let's hope they add more classics to the schedule, as a sitcom would be nice to have viewers submit videos and answer questions.
Stay with us for further updates on YouToo Social TV (formerly known as AmericanLife TV).
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, February 27
The Big Bang Theory - "The Dependence Transcedence" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Tensions rise when the boys struggle to complete their government project on time and Sheldon tries an energy drink to stay awake. Also, Penny and Amy go to a “party” at Bert (Brian Posehn) the geologist’s house, and Kooothrappali learns Bernadette’s true feelings about her pregnancy when they clean out the future baby room. Dean Norris returns as Air Force Representative Colonel Williams.
Man with a Plan - "Assisted Living" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Adam's parents visit unannounced, they reveal surprising plans for their future living arrangements. Emmy Award winner Swoosie Kurtz and Stacy Keach guest star as Bev and Joe, Adam and Don’s parents.
Superior Donuts - "Takin' It to the Streets" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Franco and Sweatpants discover their new landlord, Fawz, wants to convert their apartment building into luxury condos, they decide to organize a protest. Also, Randy realizes she needs to be nicer to James in order to get a good recommendation for her sergeant’s exam.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Dad Day Afternoon" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Han’s new therapist suggests that Max needs to confront her “daddy issues” and fear of intimacy, she reluctantly heads to Rhode Island to track down her birth father with the diner gang in tow. Also, Oleg is up in arms when Sophie wants him to help out around the house.
Monday, February 27
- Keri Russell (Running Wilde) - Watch Keri on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Connie Britton (Spin City/The Fighting Fitzgeralds/Lost at Home) - Connie appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Slink Johnson (Black Jesus) - Slick is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation) - Adam drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Josh Henderson (One on One) - Josh appears on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo. He also talks about The Arrangement on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- David Hyde Pierce (Frasier) - David chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Leighton Meester (Making History) - Leighton stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly visits Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- John Lithgow (Trial & Error/Twenty Good Years/3rd Rock from the Sun) - John talks about Trial & Error on NBC's Today in the 9am hour and on the AOL Build Show at 1:30pm.
- Billy Gardell (Mike & Molly) - Billy dishes on how This is Us is following in Mike & Molly’s footsteps – and why both shows are so beloved on People Now at 8:30am.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) and Craig Robinson (The Office) - Lisa and Craig talk about their new film Table 19 on the AOL Build Show at 2:30pm.
- Sinbad (A Different World/The Sinbad Show) - Sinbad is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Bradley Whitford (Trophy Wife) - Bradley visits The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Craig Robinson (The Office/Mr. Robinson) - Craig appears on The Real, so check your local listings.