Friday, May 13, 2011
More new series pick-ups will likely be announced soon, as the comedy It's Me Chelsea and the drama The Firm are close to getting picked-up (both of which we also predicted). In addition, one more comedy pilot could be ordered, but it won't be be Help Wanted, which we predicted for mid-season. Stay with us all weekend long for any updates before the big upfront week starts on Monday. Keep it right here bright and early for the schedules, as we have posted some schedules before anyone else in the past (such as ABC).
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars (but we won't cover movie stars like Tom Hanks or John Travolta, since they won't be talking about their past sitcoms likely), so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of May 16-20, 2011, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, May 16, 2011
- Simon Helberg (The Big Bang Theory) - Watch Simon on Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ellie Kemper (The OFfice) - Catch Ellie on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Shia LaBeouf (Even Stevens) - Shia visits The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Mario Lopez (Saved by the Bell) - Mario Lopez prepares 200-calorie brownies on Rachael Ray, so check listings.
- Ed Asner (The Mary Tyler Moore Show/Working Class) - Ed talks about Too Big To Fail on NBC's Today between 10-11am.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly) - Catch Melissa on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Betty White (Hot in Cleveland/The Golden Girls/The Mary Tyler Moore Show) - The legendary Ms. White visits the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Adam Pally (Happy Endings) - Adam will be a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:37am on NBC. Watch him on the hilarious Happy Endings on ABC on Wednesdays.
- Norm Macdonald (The Norm Show) - Norm appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Jim Belushi (According to Jim) - Jim chats on Good Morning America at 7-9am and later visits the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Paul Reiser (The Paul Reiser Show/Mad About You/My Two Dads) - Paul drops by The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Megyn Price (Rules of Engagement/Grounded for Life) - Catch Megyn on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Meshach Taylor (Designing Women/Dave's World) - Meshach chats on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Craig Robinson (The Office) - Catch Craig on The Mo'nique Show at 11pm on BET.
- Julie Bowen (Modern Family) - Watch the lovely Julie on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Ed Helms (The Office) - Ed will be one of the guests on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Chelsea Kane (Jonas L.A.) - Chelsea drops by The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC. Will she win Dancing with the Stars?
- Topher Grace (That '70s Show) - Topher appears on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- Jim Parsons (The Big Bang Theory) - Jim stops by Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Niecy Nash (Reno 911!/Do Not Disturb)) - Catch Niecy on Lopez Tonight at 12am on TBS.
- Eric Stonestreet (Modern Family - Eric visits LIVE! with Regis & Kelly, so check your listings.
- Jennifer Lawrence (The Bill Engvall Show) - Jennifer stops by The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Danielle Spencer (What's Happening!!/What's Happening Now!!) - Danielle appears on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Tracy Morgan (30 Rock/The Tracy Morgan Show) - Watch the funnyman Tracy on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Kirstie Alley Cheers/Veronica's Closet) - Kirstie visits The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Jim Belushi (According to Jim) - Catch Jim on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Jennifer Lawrence (The Bill Engvall Show) - Jennifer continues to make the rounds on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- John Larroquette (Night Court/The John Larroqutte Show) - John and co-star Daniel Radcliffe perform a number from their Tony nominated Broadway musical, How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying, and later drops by The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
Leave us comments on our message board or Tweet/Facebook us to let us know what you think of this Friday feature! We do listen!
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, July 30
The Middle - "The 100th" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Marking the 100th episode milestone of "The Middle," the citizens of Orson, Indiana celebrate the Orsontennial - the town's 100th anniversary. During this momentous event, Frankie and Mike find themselves begrudgingly trying to drive a giant cow float in the parade; Axl, Sean and Darrin resurrect Boss Co. and attempt to make some big bucks by setting up a VIP area to view the festivities; Sue, still crushing on Darrin, tries to make him jealous by pretending to be dating Brad again; and Brick tries to earn himself a place in Orson history by entering a contest to come up with the town's new motto, which will be used for the next 100 years.
The Goldbergs - "Lame Gretzky" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Even though he is terrible, Adam tries his best at ice hockey and hopes to impress Murray. Likewise, Murray works hard to show he enjoys watching Adam make home movies. Later, after starting a fight on the ice during a game, Adam gets suspended from playing hockey and admits to Murray his real intentions. Meanwhile, Beverly drives Erica crazy about her S.A.T.s.
Modern Family - "The Feud" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Phil is upset to have lost his elected office of social chair to his nemesis Gil Thorpe, and when he finds out Luke is competing against Gil’s kid in a wrestling match, it becomes his own personal battle. Claire is nervous for a big client meeting but things get extra hairy when Mitch and Cam ask her to pick up Lily from school and conveniently leave out the fact that her class just had a lice scare. Elsewhere, Gloria chaperones Manny’s school field trip to the museum.
The Middle - "Sleepless in Orson" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Frankie and Mike become concerned about Brick when he starts expressing a host of irrational fears spawned by a constant stream of news alerts showing up on his refurbished iPad. Meanwhile, Sue is both disgusted and intrigued when Derrick Glossner continues to surprise her with spontaneous kisses, and when Darrin attempts his own spinoff of Boss Co, Axl and Sean successfully shut down the new operation but end up having to finish the difficult job that their competition had started.
Young & Hungry - "Young & Punchy" (ABC Family, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Sparks fly between Gabi and a computer genius; Josh's new bathtub interests Elliot and Yolanda.
Mystery Girls - "Sister Issues" (ABC Family, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Holly gets a visit from her overachieving younger sister; Nick plots to boost Holly's spirits.
Hot in Cleveland - "The Animated Episode" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Our ladies go 2-D in a fun-filled animated episode that involves questionable beauty treatments, zombies, and a look at Cleveland had LeBron never left.
Jennifer Falls - "Dads and Dogs" (TV Land, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Jennifer is surprised when Gretchen’s absentee father comes back to town with the news that he’s suddenly become a success.
Wilfred - "Responsibility" (FXX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Ryan helps his mother adjust to her new life as Wilfred deals with a new nemesis.
Love Thy Neighbor - "The Make-Up" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Philip moves on.; Will apologizes to Linda.
Wednesday, July 30
- Eric McCormack (Will & Grace) - Watch Eric on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Chris visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and later on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Norm Macdonald (The Norm Show) - Norm appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Kelsey Grammer (Partners/Frasier/Cheers) - Kelsey is part of the guest panel on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Zach Braff (Scrubs) - Zach visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Aubrey Plaza (Parks and Recreation) - Aubrey chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Terry joins the Chew Crew on a repeat of ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Wendie Malick (Hot in Cleveland/Just Shoot Me!) - Wendie is a guest on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET.