Friday, December 09, 2011
2012 Nominations for Writers Guild Awards & Producers Guild Awards; Sitcom Stars On Talk Shows (Week of December 12, 2011)
The Writers Guild of America, West (WGAW) and the Writers Guild of America, East (WGAE) have announced nominations for outstanding achievement in television, news, radio, promotional writing, and graphic animation during the 2011 season. The winners will be honored at the 2012 Writers Guild Awards on Sunday, February 19, 2012, at simultaneous ceremonies in Los Angeles and New York. For television, the nominees for comedy are: 30 Rock, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Louie, Modern Family, and Parks and Recreation. For actual episodes, Modern Family had two nominations: "Caught in the Act" and "Mother's Day." The Office also had two nominations: "Goodbye Michael, Part 2" and "PDA" Also nominated were: Weeds for "Object Impermanence" and 30 Rock for the episode "Queen of Jordan." Among new series, a mix of drama and new were on the list: Episodes, New Girl, The Killing, Game of Thrones and Homeland.
Similarly, The Producers Guild of America (PGA) announced the Television Series nominees that will advance in the voting process for the 23rd Annual Producers Guild Awards. For television, the nominees for comedy are: 30 Rock, The Big Bang Theory, Glee, Modern Family, and Parks and Recreation. All 2012 Producers Guild Award winners will be announced on January 21, 2012 at the Beverly Hilton Hotel. This year, the Producers Guild will also award special honors to Steven Spielberg, Leslie Moonves, Don Mischer, and Stan Lee, among others.
View the full list of television nominees for both the 2012 WGA and PGA Awards! Looks like Modern Family continues to be hot, while cable rules drama.
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars, so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of December 12-16, 2011, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! All times listed are Eastern. So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, December 12, 2011
- Adam Pally (Happy Endings) - Watch Adam on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Margaret Cho (All-American Girl) - Margaret is a guest on The Joy Behar Show on HLN at 10pm and on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Kim Cattrall (Sex and the City) - Kim appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- David Hyde Pierce (Frasier) - David stops by LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Marlo Thomas (That Girl) - Marlo chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Tracy Morgan (30 Rock/The Tracy Morgan Show) - Catch Tracy on a repeat of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly) - The Emmy winner Melissa sits down for a personal interview with Anderson Cooper on Anderson, so check your local listings.
- Louis C.K. (Louie) - Watch Louie on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Kathy Griffin (Suddenly Susan) - Kathy is a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- Jane Kaczmarek (Malcolm in the Middle) - Jane tells us about her latest projects and reveals how we can get involved with Alternative Gifts International on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Catch Tom on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Sean Hayes (Will & Grace) - Sean visits the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Brooke Shields (Suddenly Susan) - Brooke drops by The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Janet Jackson (Good Times/Diff'rent Strokes) - Janet is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am ET/PT.
- Peter Facinelli (Nurse Jackie) - Watch Peter on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- Mindy Kaling (The Office) - Mindy stops by the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Amy Poehler (Parks and Recreation) - Amy visits The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Tracee Elis Ross (Reed Between the Lines) - From the new BET sitcom, Reed Between the Lines, the beautiful Tracee Elis Ross stops by to discuss the show, and what it's like working with Malcolm-Jamal Warner on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Maya Rudolph (Up All Night) - Catch Maya on a repeat of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January)
01/06 - The Cosby Show - Season 5 (Mill Creek)
01/06 - The Cosby Show - Season 6 (Mill Creek)
01/06 - The Cosby Show - Seasons 5 & 6 (Mill Creek)
01/06 - Girls - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
01/06 - Married with Children - Season Seven (Mill Creek)
01/06 - Married with Children - Season Eight (Mill Creek)
01/06 - Married with Children - Seasons Seven and Eight (Mill Creek)
01/13 - The Big House - The Complete Series
01/13 - Episodes - The Third Season
01/13 - The Facts of Life - The Complete Series (Shout! Factory
01/20 - Welcome Back, Kotter - The Complete Second Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, February 1
Bob's Burgers - "Easy Commercial, Easy Gommercial" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
To compete with fellow “restaurateur,” Jimmy Pesto, and his blowout Super Bowl event, Bob is determined to create a Bob’s Burgers commercial to air during the “big game.” In an effort to outshine Pesto, the Belchers recruit Randy, a documentarian, to assist with the filmmaking and hire on former pro football star Connie Frye (guest voice Jordan Peele) to be the celebrity endorser.
The Simpsons - "Treehouse of Horror XXV" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
On the annual spooktacular Halloween special, Bart and Lisa are transported to a demon-filled alternate universe after Bart reads a set of Aramaic symbols he finds on the underside of his desk; Moe’s “Clockwork Orange”-style gang is disrupted when Dum (Homer) falls for a girl (Marge) who wants him to give up the thug life; and, in an homage to “The Others,” the Simpsons are visited by their former Tracey Ullman-era versions of themselves.
The Simpsons - "Covercraft" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Homer has a mid-life crisis, takes up bass guitar and forms a cover band with some of the other dads in town. But the band’s modest early success is soon overwhelmed by the breakout potential of their most unlikely star, Apu.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "The Jimmy Jab Gabes" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
The squad has time to kill when the arrival of the Serbian President’s motorcade to Brooklyn has been delayed. So, Jake launches “The Jimmy Jab Games,” an annual series of competitions in the precinct. Meanwhile, Terry and Holt take on a new drug task force approved by Holt’s nemesis, Deputy Chief Madeline Wuntch (guest star Kyra Sedgwick).
Family Guy - "Turkey Guys" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
On the night before Thanksgiving, Brian and Peter drunkenly devour the holiday bird, and then must go out to find a replacement. In Peter absence, Chris attempts to step up and become the man of the house.
Bob's Burgers - "Uncle Teddy" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Bob and Linda leave town for a romantic getaway (at a Burger Convention), they ask Teddy to babysit Tina, Gene and Louise. While the ’rents are away, Teddy is eager to earn the coveted title of “Uncle Teddy” and does so by putting Tina’s crush in his rightful place after discovering that he was just using her for – gasp – free burgers! Hijinks ensue.
Monday, February 2
- Sean Hayes (The Millers/Sean Saves the World/Will & Grace) - Sean guest co-hosts The Late Late Show at 12:37am on CBS.
- Martin Short (Mulaney/The Martin Short Show) - Martin visits Comedy Central's The Daily Show with Jon Stewart at 11pm.
- Nick Kroll (The League/Cavemen) - Nick is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Seth Morris (The Hotwives of Orlando/Go On/Happy Endings) - Seth appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Busy Philipps (Cougar Town) - Busy chats on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Tom Arnold (Roseanne/Tom/The Tom Show) - Tom is a guest on The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Simon Helberg (The Big Bang Theory) - Simon appears on The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET. He also talks about his new film We'll Never Have Paris on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Sherri Shepherd (Less Than Perfect/Sherri) - Sherri guest co-hosts The Real, so check your local listings.
- Amanda Peet (Togetherness/Bent) - Amanda is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela guest co-hosts The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Josh Segarra (Sirens) - Josh talks about USA Network's Sirens on The Better Show, so check your local listings.
- Gregory Harrison (Joey/The Family Man) - Gregory gives a look at his new Hallmark Channel original movie Cloudy with a Chance of Love on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Randall Park (Fresh Off the Boat) - Randall discusses his new ABC sitcom Fresh Off the Boat on HuffPost Live at 4:40pm. Fresh Off the Boat premieres on ABC on February 4 at 8:30pm and 9:30pm ET/PT.
- Michael Ian Black (Burning Love/Ed) - Michael is a guest on Larry King Now at 2/5pm PT/ET on Ora.tv and Hulu.
- Chelsea Handler (Are You There, Chelsea?) - Chelsea discusses the Super Bowl on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly is part of the guest panel on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Barry Williams (The Brady Bunch) - Barry talks about his new show A Very Barry Branson on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings. A Very Barry Branson premieres on GAC on February 5.