Friday, December 09, 2011
2012 Nominations for Writers Guild Awards & Producers Guild Awards; Sitcom Stars On Talk Shows (Week of December 12, 2011)
The Writers Guild of America, West (WGAW) and the Writers Guild of America, East (WGAE) have announced nominations for outstanding achievement in television, news, radio, promotional writing, and graphic animation during the 2011 season. The winners will be honored at the 2012 Writers Guild Awards on Sunday, February 19, 2012, at simultaneous ceremonies in Los Angeles and New York. For television, the nominees for comedy are: 30 Rock, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Louie, Modern Family, and Parks and Recreation. For actual episodes, Modern Family had two nominations: "Caught in the Act" and "Mother's Day." The Office also had two nominations: "Goodbye Michael, Part 2" and "PDA" Also nominated were: Weeds for "Object Impermanence" and 30 Rock for the episode "Queen of Jordan." Among new series, a mix of drama and new were on the list: Episodes, New Girl, The Killing, Game of Thrones and Homeland.
Similarly, The Producers Guild of America (PGA) announced the Television Series nominees that will advance in the voting process for the 23rd Annual Producers Guild Awards. For television, the nominees for comedy are: 30 Rock, The Big Bang Theory, Glee, Modern Family, and Parks and Recreation. All 2012 Producers Guild Award winners will be announced on January 21, 2012 at the Beverly Hilton Hotel. This year, the Producers Guild will also award special honors to Steven Spielberg, Leslie Moonves, Don Mischer, and Stan Lee, among others.
View the full list of television nominees for both the 2012 WGA and PGA Awards! Looks like Modern Family continues to be hot, while cable rules drama.
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars, so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of December 12-16, 2011, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! All times listed are Eastern. So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, December 12, 2011
- Adam Pally (Happy Endings) - Watch Adam on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Margaret Cho (All-American Girl) - Margaret is a guest on The Joy Behar Show on HLN at 10pm and on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Kim Cattrall (Sex and the City) - Kim appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- David Hyde Pierce (Frasier) - David stops by LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Marlo Thomas (That Girl) - Marlo chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Tracy Morgan (30 Rock/The Tracy Morgan Show) - Catch Tracy on a repeat of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly) - The Emmy winner Melissa sits down for a personal interview with Anderson Cooper on Anderson, so check your local listings.
- Louis C.K. (Louie) - Watch Louie on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Kathy Griffin (Suddenly Susan) - Kathy is a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- Jane Kaczmarek (Malcolm in the Middle) - Jane tells us about her latest projects and reveals how we can get involved with Alternative Gifts International on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Catch Tom on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Sean Hayes (Will & Grace) - Sean visits the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Brooke Shields (Suddenly Susan) - Brooke drops by The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Janet Jackson (Good Times/Diff'rent Strokes) - Janet is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am ET/PT.
- Peter Facinelli (Nurse Jackie) - Watch Peter on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- Mindy Kaling (The Office) - Mindy stops by the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Amy Poehler (Parks and Recreation) - Amy visits The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Tracee Elis Ross (Reed Between the Lines) - From the new BET sitcom, Reed Between the Lines, the beautiful Tracee Elis Ross stops by to discuss the show, and what it's like working with Malcolm-Jamal Warner on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Maya Rudolph (Up All Night) - Catch Maya on a repeat of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, February 26
Son of Zorn - "All Hail Son of Zorn" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Seeing an opportunity to get Linda’s old job back, Zorn increases Sanitation Solutions’ business by tapping into the Zephyrian market. Alan tries to win Layla back by becoming Prom King – with Zorn’s help.
Bob's Burgers - "They Serve Horses, Don't They?" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After a tip from Jimmy Pesto (guest voice Jay Johnston), Bob secures a new meat provider who claims to save clients money on every order. The Belchers quickly realize that the situation is too good to be true, as they find themselves involved in a full-blown investigation, led by Hugo (guest voice Ken Marino) and Ron (guest voice Ron Lynch). Will Bob crack under the pressure or will he lead the investigators to a huge victory?
The Simpsons - "Havana Wild Weekend" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When the Retirement Castle and the V.A. Hospital can’t solve Grampa’s health issues, the Simpsons decide to take a family trip to Cuba to get him cheap medical care.
The Simpsons - "There Will Be Buds" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Homer gets roped into coaching the kids’ lacrosse team with Milhouse’s dad, Kirk, who is in desperate need of a friend. When Kirk gets too clingy, Homer vents about how much of a loser he is. Kirk overhears his rant and disappears, right when the team needs him most: the championship game.
Family Guy - "The Boys in the Band" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Stewie and Brian form a children’s band that quickly rises to fame until they let a girl get between them and drive the band apart. Meanwhile, Peter and Lois insist that Chris gets a job so he takes a job managing Quagmire’s sex life as his personal assistant.
Family Guy - "Bookie of the Year" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Brian and Lois decide it’s time for Chris to work out his anger management issues by taking up a sport. Chris surprises everyone and becomes a star baseball pitcher, which turns Peter into a gambling father, as he bets on his son’s baseball games. Meanwhile, Stewie, Brian and Frank Sinatra Jr. attempt to open an Italian restaurant .
Monday, February 27
- Keri Russell (Running Wilde) - Watch Keri on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Connie Britton (Spin City/The Fighting Fitzgeralds/Lost at Home) - Connie appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Slink Johnson (Black Jesus) - Slick is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation) - Adam drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Josh Henderson (One on One) - Josh appears on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo. He also talks about The Arrangement on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- David Hyde Pierce (Frasier) - David chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Leighton Meester (Making History) - Leighton stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly visits Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- John Lithgow (Trial & Error/Twenty Good Years/3rd Rock from the Sun) - John talks about Trial & Error on NBC's Today in the 9am hour and on the AOL Build Show at 1:30pm.
- Billy Gardell (Mike & Molly) - Billy dishes on how This is Us is following in Mike & Molly’s footsteps – and why both shows are so beloved on People Now at 8:30am.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) and Craig Robinson (The Office) - Lisa and Craig talk about their new film Table 19 on the AOL Build Show at 2:30pm.
- Sinbad (A Different World/The Sinbad Show) - Sinbad is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Bradley Whitford (Trophy Wife) - Bradley visits The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Craig Robinson (The Office/Mr. Robinson) - Craig appears on The Real, so check your local listings.