Friday, December 09, 2011
2012 Nominations for Writers Guild Awards & Producers Guild Awards; Sitcom Stars On Talk Shows (Week of December 12, 2011)
The Writers Guild of America, West (WGAW) and the Writers Guild of America, East (WGAE) have announced nominations for outstanding achievement in television, news, radio, promotional writing, and graphic animation during the 2011 season. The winners will be honored at the 2012 Writers Guild Awards on Sunday, February 19, 2012, at simultaneous ceremonies in Los Angeles and New York. For television, the nominees for comedy are: 30 Rock, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Louie, Modern Family, and Parks and Recreation. For actual episodes, Modern Family had two nominations: "Caught in the Act" and "Mother's Day." The Office also had two nominations: "Goodbye Michael, Part 2" and "PDA" Also nominated were: Weeds for "Object Impermanence" and 30 Rock for the episode "Queen of Jordan." Among new series, a mix of drama and new were on the list: Episodes, New Girl, The Killing, Game of Thrones and Homeland.
Similarly, The Producers Guild of America (PGA) announced the Television Series nominees that will advance in the voting process for the 23rd Annual Producers Guild Awards. For television, the nominees for comedy are: 30 Rock, The Big Bang Theory, Glee, Modern Family, and Parks and Recreation. All 2012 Producers Guild Award winners will be announced on January 21, 2012 at the Beverly Hilton Hotel. This year, the Producers Guild will also award special honors to Steven Spielberg, Leslie Moonves, Don Mischer, and Stan Lee, among others.
View the full list of television nominees for both the 2012 WGA and PGA Awards! Looks like Modern Family continues to be hot, while cable rules drama.
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars, so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of December 12-16, 2011, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! All times listed are Eastern. So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, December 12, 2011
- Adam Pally (Happy Endings) - Watch Adam on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Margaret Cho (All-American Girl) - Margaret is a guest on The Joy Behar Show on HLN at 10pm and on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Kim Cattrall (Sex and the City) - Kim appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- David Hyde Pierce (Frasier) - David stops by LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Marlo Thomas (That Girl) - Marlo chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Tracy Morgan (30 Rock/The Tracy Morgan Show) - Catch Tracy on a repeat of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly) - The Emmy winner Melissa sits down for a personal interview with Anderson Cooper on Anderson, so check your local listings.
- Louis C.K. (Louie) - Watch Louie on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Kathy Griffin (Suddenly Susan) - Kathy is a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- Jane Kaczmarek (Malcolm in the Middle) - Jane tells us about her latest projects and reveals how we can get involved with Alternative Gifts International on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Catch Tom on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Sean Hayes (Will & Grace) - Sean visits the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Brooke Shields (Suddenly Susan) - Brooke drops by The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Janet Jackson (Good Times/Diff'rent Strokes) - Janet is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am ET/PT.
- Peter Facinelli (Nurse Jackie) - Watch Peter on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- Mindy Kaling (The Office) - Mindy stops by the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Amy Poehler (Parks and Recreation) - Amy visits The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Tracee Elis Ross (Reed Between the Lines) - From the new BET sitcom, Reed Between the Lines, the beautiful Tracee Elis Ross stops by to discuss the show, and what it's like working with Malcolm-Jamal Warner on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Maya Rudolph (Up All Night) - Catch Maya on a repeat of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February)
02/16 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Complete Series
02/16 - The Brady Kids - The Complete Animated Series
02/16 - Girls - The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
02/16 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Complete Series
02/16 - Togetherness - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, February 8
Superstore - "All-Nighter" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
After a long day, the entire staff is waiting for a truck to deliver new Cloud 9 signage that they'll have to hang throughout the store by morning. Everyone has somewhere to be, tensions are running high and it's only made worse when Glenn (Mark McKinney) announces that the truck is delayed and they're in for a long night. With hours to kill in an empty Cloud 9, our gang finds themselves bonding in the most unusual and creative ways.
Telenovela - "Split Personalties" (NBC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Mimi's (Diana Maria Riva) husband, Martin (guest star Ricardo Chavira), returns from prison a seemingly better man - and a much hotter one. Ana (Eva Longoria) tries to keep Mimi from getting back together with him by distracting her with a girls night out. The guys try to show Gael how to "bro out."
American Dad - "Hayley Smith, Seal Team Six" (TBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When everyone in the family agrees that 18-year-old Haley is a downer, she wonders what happened to her as a child that changed her from `Happy Haley'.
Monday, February 8
- Brie Larson (United States of Tara/Raising Dad) - Watch Brie on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Rebel Wilson (Super Fun Night) - Rebel visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Fred Savage (The Grinder/Working/The Wonder Years) - Fred appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Gillian Jacobs (Community) - Gillian is a guest on Comedy Central's The Daily Show with Trevor Noah at 11pm. She also talks about Love on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Keke Palmer (Scream Queens/True Jackson, VP) - Keke appears on The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore at 11:30pm on Comedy Central.
- David Koechner (F Is for Family/Hank/The Office) - David will be on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kevin Nealon (Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jim Jefferies (Legit) - Jim is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Ray Romano (Everybody Loves Raymond) - Ray stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Julie Bowen (Modern Family) - Julie visits The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Ben Feldman (Superstore/A to Z/Living with Fran) - Ben discusses Superstore on The Meredith Vieira Show (check your local listings) and on People Now.
- Rachael Harris (Surviving Jack/My Boys/Notes from the Underbelly) - Rachael talks about Deadpool on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Sherri Shepherd (Less Than Perfect/Sherri) - Sherri takes viewers behind the scenes of the Super Bowl on The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Rhea Seehorn (Whitney/I'm with You) - Rhea talks about Better Call Saul on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Britt Lower (Man Seeking Woman) - Britt is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.