Friday, December 09, 2011
2012 Nominations for Writers Guild Awards & Producers Guild Awards; Sitcom Stars On Talk Shows (Week of December 12, 2011)
The Writers Guild of America, West (WGAW) and the Writers Guild of America, East (WGAE) have announced nominations for outstanding achievement in television, news, radio, promotional writing, and graphic animation during the 2011 season. The winners will be honored at the 2012 Writers Guild Awards on Sunday, February 19, 2012, at simultaneous ceremonies in Los Angeles and New York. For television, the nominees for comedy are: 30 Rock, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Louie, Modern Family, and Parks and Recreation. For actual episodes, Modern Family had two nominations: "Caught in the Act" and "Mother's Day." The Office also had two nominations: "Goodbye Michael, Part 2" and "PDA" Also nominated were: Weeds for "Object Impermanence" and 30 Rock for the episode "Queen of Jordan." Among new series, a mix of drama and new were on the list: Episodes, New Girl, The Killing, Game of Thrones and Homeland.
Similarly, The Producers Guild of America (PGA) announced the Television Series nominees that will advance in the voting process for the 23rd Annual Producers Guild Awards. For television, the nominees for comedy are: 30 Rock, The Big Bang Theory, Glee, Modern Family, and Parks and Recreation. All 2012 Producers Guild Award winners will be announced on January 21, 2012 at the Beverly Hilton Hotel. This year, the Producers Guild will also award special honors to Steven Spielberg, Leslie Moonves, Don Mischer, and Stan Lee, among others.
View the full list of television nominees for both the 2012 WGA and PGA Awards! Looks like Modern Family continues to be hot, while cable rules drama.
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars, so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of December 12-16, 2011, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! All times listed are Eastern. So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, December 12, 2011
- Adam Pally (Happy Endings) - Watch Adam on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Margaret Cho (All-American Girl) - Margaret is a guest on The Joy Behar Show on HLN at 10pm and on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Kim Cattrall (Sex and the City) - Kim appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- David Hyde Pierce (Frasier) - David stops by LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Marlo Thomas (That Girl) - Marlo chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Tracy Morgan (30 Rock/The Tracy Morgan Show) - Catch Tracy on a repeat of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly) - The Emmy winner Melissa sits down for a personal interview with Anderson Cooper on Anderson, so check your local listings.
- Louis C.K. (Louie) - Watch Louie on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Kathy Griffin (Suddenly Susan) - Kathy is a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- Jane Kaczmarek (Malcolm in the Middle) - Jane tells us about her latest projects and reveals how we can get involved with Alternative Gifts International on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Catch Tom on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Sean Hayes (Will & Grace) - Sean visits the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Brooke Shields (Suddenly Susan) - Brooke drops by The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Janet Jackson (Good Times/Diff'rent Strokes) - Janet is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am ET/PT.
- Peter Facinelli (Nurse Jackie) - Watch Peter on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- Mindy Kaling (The Office) - Mindy stops by the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Amy Poehler (Parks and Recreation) - Amy visits The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Tracee Elis Ross (Reed Between the Lines) - From the new BET sitcom, Reed Between the Lines, the beautiful Tracee Elis Ross stops by to discuss the show, and what it's like working with Malcolm-Jamal Warner on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Maya Rudolph (Up All Night) - Catch Maya on a repeat of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, March 23
Superstore - "Mateo's Last Day" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Mateo (Nico Santos) faces complications with his transfer to a Cloud 9 Signature store, he becomes desperate to resolve his undocumented status. Meanwhile, Amy (America Ferrera) helps Glenn (Mark McKinney) battle an Internet troll, Jonah (Ben Feldman) and Cheyenne (Nichole Bloom) try to give Mateo legal counsel, and Dina (Lauren Ash) and Garrett (Colton Dunn) take issue with corporate.
Powerless - "I'm a Friend You" (NBC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Emily (Vanessa Hudgens) learns that Jackie (Christina Kirk) is in need of some extra cash, she can't help but try and do what she can to help her out. Meanwhile, Van (Alan Tudyk) is on a witch hunt and has his eyes set on Teddy (Danny Pudi), Ron (Ron Funches) and Wendy (Jennie Pierson).
Baskets - "Circus" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Christine turns to Arby's after Chip joins the Russians.
Thursday, March 23
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Catch Anthony on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Connie Britton (Spin City/The Fighting Fitzgeralds/Lost at Home) - Connie is a guest on a repeat of The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Whitney Cummings (Whitney) - Whitney visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/Accidentally on Purpose/Courting Alex/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Stephanie Beatriz (Brooklyn Nine-Nine) - Stephanie is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Joey/Friends) - Matt visits LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings. He will also be on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- John Leguizamo (The Brothers Garcia) - John guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Zosia Mamet (Girls) - Zosia is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Nick D'Agosto (Trial & Error) - Nick is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Emma Roberts (Scream Queens/Unfabulous) - Emma talks about The Blackcoat's Daughter on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Woody Harrelson (Cheers) - Woody talks about Wilson on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. Woody and Laura Dern will be on People Now at 8:30am.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.