Friday, December 09, 2011
2012 Nominations for Writers Guild Awards & Producers Guild Awards; Sitcom Stars On Talk Shows (Week of December 12, 2011)
The Writers Guild of America, West (WGAW) and the Writers Guild of America, East (WGAE) have announced nominations for outstanding achievement in television, news, radio, promotional writing, and graphic animation during the 2011 season. The winners will be honored at the 2012 Writers Guild Awards on Sunday, February 19, 2012, at simultaneous ceremonies in Los Angeles and New York. For television, the nominees for comedy are: 30 Rock, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Louie, Modern Family, and Parks and Recreation. For actual episodes, Modern Family had two nominations: "Caught in the Act" and "Mother's Day." The Office also had two nominations: "Goodbye Michael, Part 2" and "PDA" Also nominated were: Weeds for "Object Impermanence" and 30 Rock for the episode "Queen of Jordan." Among new series, a mix of drama and new were on the list: Episodes, New Girl, The Killing, Game of Thrones and Homeland.
Similarly, The Producers Guild of America (PGA) announced the Television Series nominees that will advance in the voting process for the 23rd Annual Producers Guild Awards. For television, the nominees for comedy are: 30 Rock, The Big Bang Theory, Glee, Modern Family, and Parks and Recreation. All 2012 Producers Guild Award winners will be announced on January 21, 2012 at the Beverly Hilton Hotel. This year, the Producers Guild will also award special honors to Steven Spielberg, Leslie Moonves, Don Mischer, and Stan Lee, among others.
View the full list of television nominees for both the 2012 WGA and PGA Awards! Looks like Modern Family continues to be hot, while cable rules drama.
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars, so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of December 12-16, 2011, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! All times listed are Eastern. So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, December 12, 2011
- Adam Pally (Happy Endings) - Watch Adam on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Margaret Cho (All-American Girl) - Margaret is a guest on The Joy Behar Show on HLN at 10pm and on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Kim Cattrall (Sex and the City) - Kim appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- David Hyde Pierce (Frasier) - David stops by LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Marlo Thomas (That Girl) - Marlo chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Tracy Morgan (30 Rock/The Tracy Morgan Show) - Catch Tracy on a repeat of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly) - The Emmy winner Melissa sits down for a personal interview with Anderson Cooper on Anderson, so check your local listings.
- Louis C.K. (Louie) - Watch Louie on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Kathy Griffin (Suddenly Susan) - Kathy is a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- Jane Kaczmarek (Malcolm in the Middle) - Jane tells us about her latest projects and reveals how we can get involved with Alternative Gifts International on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Catch Tom on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Sean Hayes (Will & Grace) - Sean visits the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Brooke Shields (Suddenly Susan) - Brooke drops by The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Janet Jackson (Good Times/Diff'rent Strokes) - Janet is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am ET/PT.
- Peter Facinelli (Nurse Jackie) - Watch Peter on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- Mindy Kaling (The Office) - Mindy stops by the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Amy Poehler (Parks and Recreation) - Amy visits The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Tracee Elis Ross (Reed Between the Lines) - From the new BET sitcom, Reed Between the Lines, the beautiful Tracee Elis Ross stops by to discuss the show, and what it's like working with Malcolm-Jamal Warner on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Maya Rudolph (Up All Night) - Catch Maya on a repeat of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, July 23
The Middle - "Change in the Air" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
The first day of school is upon the Heck family, and Sue finds herself feeling a sense of freedom she’s never felt before with Axl not around to make her campus life miserable. But Brick, who is beginning middle school and afraid of getting a swirlie, avoids the bathroom at all costs. Meanwhile, Frankie becomes jealous of Mike when she discovers that Axl calls and returns his texts but won’t do the same for her; and Sue’s feelings for Darrin surface once again when Mike calls him over to help fix the air conditioner.
The Goldbergs - "Kara-Te" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Barry decides to sign up for the school’s holiday talent show but is bummed when the school doesn’t approve karate as a talent. Beverly is livid and brow beats the teacher in charge to change his mind. After the family watches Barry’s routine, everyone wonders whether he will be able to pull off the performance… or crack under pressure. Meanwhile, Erica gets coerced from Pops to also perform in the talent show, but will she?
Modern Family - "iSpy" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Claire and Phil decide to spy on Luke and Manny as they’re hanging out with one of their more questionable friends. Meanwhile, Gloria is furious with Jay because she thinks he had a dream about another woman, but Jay misinterprets her anger for another offense he committed. And, Cam secretly uses Mitch as a scapegoat to get out of attending a party, while Haley tries to keep her photography exhibit a secret from her family.
The Middle - "The Potato" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After Frankie and Mike are forced to return the church van when it’s discovered that their car has been repaired, Sue – who has been driving the other car – begins to freak out because she’ll have to start taking the bus again. But when her parents tell her that she could get her own car if she got a job, Sue ends up working as a potato girl at a local mall eatery. Meanwhile, Frankie and Mike are called into Brick’s principal’s (Rachel Dratch) office and are informed that he has not attended any of his classes – and much to the family’s dismay, Axl begins to spend his nights back home when he becomes fed up with having to deal with his horrible college roommate.
Young & Hungry - "Pilot" (ABC Family, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Sofia encourages Gabi to start dating again; Josh discovers surprising news about Cam.
Mystery Girls - "Death Becomes Her" (ABC Family, 8:30PM ET/PT)
The girls go under cover at Holly's old high school in order to prevent a senior prank.
Hot in Cleveland - "Straight Outta Cleveland" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Victoria gets a visit from the son she always forgets (Chris Colfer) and Joy and Mitch (Tim Daly) debate their compatibility.
Jennifer Falls - "Three Dates With My Mother" (TV Land, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Jennifer starts seeing a psychiatrist to help her deal with her mother, but even he might not be enough to break through to Maggie.
Wilfred - "Patterns" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Ryan gets sucked into the "End Game."
Love Thy Neighbor - "Lucky Socks" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Danny, Floyd, Sam and Drew have been temporarily evicted; Danny asks Hattie if they can crash with her.
Wednesday, July 23
- Eric Stonestreet (Modern Family) - Watch Eric on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS. He chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. He will be on SI Now at 1pm. He stops by PIX11 Morning News on WPIX in New York at 8:35am.
- Josh Charles (Sports Night) - Josh appears on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Kumail Nanjiani (Silicon Valley) - Kumail is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Hank Azaria (The Simpsons/Free Agents/Herman's Head) - Hank talks about the Showtime series Ray Donovan on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Phylicia Rashad (The Cosby Show/Cosby) - Phylicia appears on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET.