Friday, December 09, 2011
2012 Nominations for Writers Guild Awards & Producers Guild Awards; Sitcom Stars On Talk Shows (Week of December 12, 2011)
The Writers Guild of America, West (WGAW) and the Writers Guild of America, East (WGAE) have announced nominations for outstanding achievement in television, news, radio, promotional writing, and graphic animation during the 2011 season. The winners will be honored at the 2012 Writers Guild Awards on Sunday, February 19, 2012, at simultaneous ceremonies in Los Angeles and New York. For television, the nominees for comedy are: 30 Rock, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Louie, Modern Family, and Parks and Recreation. For actual episodes, Modern Family had two nominations: "Caught in the Act" and "Mother's Day." The Office also had two nominations: "Goodbye Michael, Part 2" and "PDA" Also nominated were: Weeds for "Object Impermanence" and 30 Rock for the episode "Queen of Jordan." Among new series, a mix of drama and new were on the list: Episodes, New Girl, The Killing, Game of Thrones and Homeland.
Similarly, The Producers Guild of America (PGA) announced the Television Series nominees that will advance in the voting process for the 23rd Annual Producers Guild Awards. For television, the nominees for comedy are: 30 Rock, The Big Bang Theory, Glee, Modern Family, and Parks and Recreation. All 2012 Producers Guild Award winners will be announced on January 21, 2012 at the Beverly Hilton Hotel. This year, the Producers Guild will also award special honors to Steven Spielberg, Leslie Moonves, Don Mischer, and Stan Lee, among others.
View the full list of television nominees for both the 2012 WGA and PGA Awards! Looks like Modern Family continues to be hot, while cable rules drama.
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars, so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of December 12-16, 2011, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! All times listed are Eastern. So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, December 12, 2011
- Adam Pally (Happy Endings) - Watch Adam on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Margaret Cho (All-American Girl) - Margaret is a guest on The Joy Behar Show on HLN at 10pm and on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Kim Cattrall (Sex and the City) - Kim appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- David Hyde Pierce (Frasier) - David stops by LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Marlo Thomas (That Girl) - Marlo chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Tracy Morgan (30 Rock/The Tracy Morgan Show) - Catch Tracy on a repeat of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly) - The Emmy winner Melissa sits down for a personal interview with Anderson Cooper on Anderson, so check your local listings.
- Louis C.K. (Louie) - Watch Louie on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Kathy Griffin (Suddenly Susan) - Kathy is a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- Jane Kaczmarek (Malcolm in the Middle) - Jane tells us about her latest projects and reveals how we can get involved with Alternative Gifts International on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Catch Tom on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Sean Hayes (Will & Grace) - Sean visits the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Brooke Shields (Suddenly Susan) - Brooke drops by The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Janet Jackson (Good Times/Diff'rent Strokes) - Janet is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am ET/PT.
- Peter Facinelli (Nurse Jackie) - Watch Peter on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- Mindy Kaling (The Office) - Mindy stops by the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Amy Poehler (Parks and Recreation) - Amy visits The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Tracee Elis Ross (Reed Between the Lines) - From the new BET sitcom, Reed Between the Lines, the beautiful Tracee Elis Ross stops by to discuss the show, and what it's like working with Malcolm-Jamal Warner on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Maya Rudolph (Up All Night) - Catch Maya on a repeat of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (May)
05/05 - Cheers - The Complete Series
05/12 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete Fourth Season
05/12 - The Hotwives of Orlando - The Complete First Season
05/12 - Mister Ed - The Final (Sixth) Season (Shout! Factory)
05/19 - American Dad - Volume 10
05/19 - C.P.O. Sharkey - The Complete Season 1
05/19 - The Larry Sanders Show - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
05/19 - Married with Children - Season Nine (Mill Creek)
05/19 - Married with Children - Season Ten (Mill Creek)
05/19 - Married with Children - Seasons Nine and Ten (Mill Creek)
05/19 - Married with Children - Seasons Nine and Ten (Mill Creek)
05/19 - NewsRadio - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
05/19 - Welcome to Sweden - The Complete First Season
05/26 - Hello Ladies - Season 1
05/26 - The Nanny - The Complete Series
05/26 - Welcome Back, Kotter - The Complete Third Season
05/26 - The Wonder Years - Season Three
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, May 27
Modern Family - "The Day We Almost Died" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
While driving out to get breakfast, the Dunphys including Manny have a near death experience causing everyone to reevaluate their lives. Claire resolves to be more fun and less uptight, Haley and Alex agree not to fight anymore, Manny refuses to ever ride in a car again, Luke wants to check off his bucket list, Phil decides to be a take action type of guy and the rest of the family has to bear the brunt of all the new attitudes.
black-ish - "Pilot" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Dre, an advertising exec, is happily anticipating a promotion at work, which would make him the firm’s first African American senior vice president. Rainbow, an anesthesiologist, is looking forward to Dre’s raise. Meanwhile, Andre Jr. makes an announcement — he’s converting to Judaism so he can have a Bar Mitzvah, like all his friends.
Young & Hungry - "Young & Part Two" (ABC Family, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Gabi is bewildered when long-held secrets are revealed; a big opportunity lands in Gabi's lap.
Hot in Cleveland - "Hot in Cleveland: Hot Damn!" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
The cast and crew talk about their favorite episodes, bloopers and behind the scenes moments after six seasons of Hot in Cleveland.
The Soul Man - "Roar!" (TV Land, 10:30PM ET/PT)
When Stamps gets sucked into a self-help philosophy called The Roar, Boyce crashes a seminar to see if it’s legit. Lolli tries to get her salon on St. Louis Weekly’s hot list, and Barton refuses to go to the dentist.
Wednesday, May 27
- Jason Alexander (Seinfeld/Listen Up!/Bob Patterson) - Watch Jason on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Kat Dennings and Beth Behrs (2 Broke Girls) - Kat and Beth are guests on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS. Beth will also be on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Edie Falco (Nurse Jackie) - Edie is a guest on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Natasha Leggero (Free Agents) - Natasha appears on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Tom Lennon (The Odd Couple/Sean Saves the World/Reno 911!) - Tom is a guest on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jon Cryer (Two and a Half Men/The Famous Teddy Z) and Ashton Kutcher (Two and a Half Men/That '70s Show) - Jon and Ashton are guests on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Jerry Ferrara (Entourage) - Jerry visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Kevin Connolly (Entourage/Unhappily Ever After) - Kevin talks about his new film Entourage on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Wendie Malick (Hot in Cleveland/Just Shoot Me! and Jane Leeves (Hot in Cleveland/Frasier/Throb) - Wendie and Jane are guests on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 1am on BET.
- Sherri Shepherd (Less Than Perfect/Sherri) - Sherri appears on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 1am on BET.
- Margaret Cho (All-American Girl) - Margaret discusses her new tour on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Cobie Smulders (How I Met Your Mother) - Cobie talks about Results on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Rashida Jones (Parks and Recreation/The Office) - Rashida talks about Hot Girls Wanted on NBC's Today in the 9am hour and on the AOL Build Show.
- Constance Zimmer (Good Morning, Miami) and Shirl Appleby (Sunday Dinner/Knight & Daye) - Constance and Shirl talk about Unreal on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Raven-Symoné (That's So Raven/Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/The Cosby Show) - Raven-Symoné guest co-hosts The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Kirstie Alley (Kirstie/Veronica's Closet/Cheers) - Kirstie appears on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Scott Foley (The Goodwin Games/Scrubs/A.U.S.A.) - Scott is a guest on People Now.