Tuesday, November 01, 2016
Stars of '70s Garry Marshall Sitcoms Pay Tribute to Garry on The Odd Couple; Roseanne Launches on LAFF
CBS is paying tribute to Garry Marshall on an episode of The Odd Couple next week. The special tribute episode to the late television and film legend Garry Marshall features actors from his hit television shows, including Ron Howard, Marion Ross, Anson Williams and Don Most from Happy Days, Penny Marshall and Cindy Williams from Laverne & Shirley, and Pam Dawber from Mork & Mindy. In the episode, Oscar (Matthew Perry) reconnects with many significant people from his father's life when he agrees to carry out Walter's last request to spread his ashes behind the candy factory he once owned, on The Odd Couple airing Monday, Nov. 7 at 9:30 PM ET/PT, on the CBS Television Network. The special tribute episode to the late television and film legend Garry Marshall, who served as executive consultant on the current series, features actors from his hit television shows, as we mentioned above. This episode should be an episode to remember, so tune in!
As we first mentioned many months ago, LAFF has acquired Roseanne...but now it is finally on the air! Roseanne Barr and her television family the Conners are back on broadcast television as one of the most-popular shows of all-time – Roseanne – premiered on the LAFF television network Oct. 30 and 31. Laff celebrated the launch of the show with a 12-hour, 24-episode Roseanne Marathon on Sun. Oct. 30 featuring the complete first season of the series in consecutive order, beginning with the pilot episode at 1:00 p.m. ET. LAFF then handed out Roseanne's tricks and treats on Oct. 31, presenting all seven of the show's classic Halloween-themed episodes in a primetime party starting at 8:00 p.m. ET. After the two-day event, Roseanne will be seen on LAFF Mon. – Sat. nights from 9:00-11:00 p.m. starting today (Tuesday, Nov. 1). Rated as one of the greatest shows of all-time by TV Guide, Roseanne was the most-watched television show in the United States in the late 1980s and early '90s and was a top five show for the majority of its run on ABC. Starring comedienne Roseanne Barr, who won an EMMY for her performance, the show revolved around a blue collar Illinois family struggling to get by. John Goodman (Multiple EMMY nominations), Laurie Metcalf (Several EMMY wins) and Sara Gilbert also star.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, April 28
Stuck in the Middle - "Stuck with a Boy Genius" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Harley, Rachel, Georgie and Ethan attend their school spring formal dance, while Lewie and Beast camp out at home in the backyard.
Andi Mack - "It's Not About You" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Andi's frustration boils over when she discovers that Buffy has secretly been confiding in Bex instead of her; Cyrus double-dates with Jonah Beck, Amber and her friend Iris.
Friday, April 28
- Gabourey Sidibe (The Big C) - Watch Gabourey on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Martin Short (Mulaney/The Martin Short Show) - Martin stops by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Britt Robertson (Girlboss) - Britt is a guest on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Anna Baryshnikov (Superior Donuts) - Anna is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Whitney Cummings (Whitney) - Whitney appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Alec Baldwin (30 Rock) - Alec is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- John Leguizamo (The Brothers Garcia) - John guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Laura Dern (Enlightened), Joely Fisher (Ellen/'Til Death), Clea Lewis (Ellen/Flying Blind) and David Anthony Higgins (Ellen/Malcolm in the Middle/Big Time Rush) - The Ellen DeGeneres Show celebrates the 20th Anniversary of the Ellen coming out episode, so check your local listings.
- Alec Baldwin (30 Rock) - Alec talks about Donald Trump, too much alcohol and the thing that saved his life on The Dr. Oz Show, so check your local listings.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/1600 Penn/Courting Alex/Accidentally on Purpose/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna will be on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. She also dishes about Imaginary Mary on The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.
- Kathryn Hahn (Happyish/Transparent/Free Agents) - Kathryn is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.