Thursday, October 06, 2016
A longtime HBO favorite returns to the network when Tracey Ullman's Show debuts Friday, October 28 from 11:00-11:30pm ET/PT. Emmy(R) winner Ullman stars as a wide array of everyday people and famous faces in the all-new sketch comedy series, which looks at modern life on the British side of the pond. Over the course of the six-episode season, Ullman plays celebrities like Dame Judi Dench, German chancellor Angela Merkel and Dame Maggie Smith, as well as portraying everyone from an ex-dictator's wife and an agent for fashion models to a drama teacher and an accident-prone massage therapist.
Featuring the unique comic talent in multiple roles, Ullman's HBO series Tracey Takes On... ran for four seasons, wrapping its 47-episode run in 1999, and receiving six Emmys(R). Her other HBO credits include the specials Tracey Ullman: Live and Exposed (2005), Tracey Ullman in the Trailer Tales (2003), Tracey Ullman: Takes on New York (1993) and Tracey Ullman: A Class Act (1993). Ullman burst on the U.S. TV scene in 1987 with the broadcast series The Tracey Ullman Show, which brought her two Emmys(R), and also gave birth to The Simpsons. She also won Emmys(R) for guest appearances on Ally McBeal and Love & War.
Gilmoreversary [gil-more-vur-suh-ree]: the celebration or commemoration of the series premiere of Gilmore Girls 16 years ago yesterday (October 5). Sixteen years have come and gone since we first stepped foot in Stars Hollow and only 52 days remain until the tiny Connecticut town once again lights up its iconic gazebo in Netflix's Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life. In anticipation of the upcoming four-part event, take a nostalgic look back at the series we couldn't get enough of and the cast that made it so special in this all-new featurette.:
And if you need a quick refresher on seasons 1-7, check out our Gilmore Girls in 60-second recaps, narrated by Stars Hollow's own jack of all trades, Kirk. Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life consists of four memorable chapters from the lives of Lorelai, Emily, Rory and countless more Stars Hollow stalwarts. The story is told through four 90-minute chapters -- each spanning one season: Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall -- and brings back to life everything from the quaint corner diner to the dreamy Dragonfly Inn to a fast-talking, quick-witted mother-daughter love story unlike any other. Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Lifelaunches Friday, November 25, everywhere that Netflix is available.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, October 21
Last Man Standing - "Trick or Treat" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
It’s Halloween and the Baxter family is excited for their annual party, except for Mike who’s reluctantly tasked with choosing the theme. In hopes of turning everyone against the holiday, Mike decides that maybe if the whole family has to dress up like each other they’ll end up making fun of one another. Eve dresses up like Mandy and Mandy dresses down like Eve, Kristin and Ryan swap roles, and Mike shows up to the party as… Donald Trump!? The impersonating turns into bickering but in the end, the Baxters come together to support Vanessa as she learns that she’s being laid off.
Dr. Ken - "D.K.'s Korean Ghost Story" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
On Halloween, Allison is disappointed the holiday doesn’t seem to scare Dave anymore, meaning her little boy is growing up, perhaps too fast. But that might change after D.K. tells a scary Korean gwishin (ghost) story. The Park family, as well as the gang at Welltopia, bring the story to life playing the various gwishins.
Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse - "Jack" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Marcus deals with the loss of one of his former teammates.
Friday, October 21
- Matthew Perry (The Odd Couple/Go On/Mr. Sunshine) - Watch Matthew on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Jerry Seinfeld (Seinfeld) - Jerry appears on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Joey/Friends) - Matt is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah talks about Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 1:15pm.
- Lindsay Sloane (The Odd Couple/The Stones/Mr. Rhodes) - Lindsay visits Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) and Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Tom and Ron will be on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Christian Slater (Breaking In) - Christian talks about King Cobra on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Netflix's Good Girls Revolt on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jennifer Grey (Red Oaks/It's Like, You Know...) - Jennifer joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Thomas Lennon (The Odd Couple/Sean Saves the World/Reno 911!) and Jason Biggs (Mad Love/Drexell's Class) - Thomas and Jason are guests on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Marisa Tomei (A Different World) - Marisa appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Paul Reiser (Red Oaks/Mad About You/The Paul Reiser Show) - Paul is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.