Thursday, October 06, 2016
A longtime HBO favorite returns to the network when Tracey Ullman's Show debuts Friday, October 28 from 11:00-11:30pm ET/PT. Emmy(R) winner Ullman stars as a wide array of everyday people and famous faces in the all-new sketch comedy series, which looks at modern life on the British side of the pond. Over the course of the six-episode season, Ullman plays celebrities like Dame Judi Dench, German chancellor Angela Merkel and Dame Maggie Smith, as well as portraying everyone from an ex-dictator's wife and an agent for fashion models to a drama teacher and an accident-prone massage therapist.
Featuring the unique comic talent in multiple roles, Ullman's HBO series Tracey Takes On... ran for four seasons, wrapping its 47-episode run in 1999, and receiving six Emmys(R). Her other HBO credits include the specials Tracey Ullman: Live and Exposed (2005), Tracey Ullman in the Trailer Tales (2003), Tracey Ullman: Takes on New York (1993) and Tracey Ullman: A Class Act (1993). Ullman burst on the U.S. TV scene in 1987 with the broadcast series The Tracey Ullman Show, which brought her two Emmys(R), and also gave birth to The Simpsons. She also won Emmys(R) for guest appearances on Ally McBeal and Love & War.
Gilmoreversary [gil-more-vur-suh-ree]: the celebration or commemoration of the series premiere of Gilmore Girls 16 years ago yesterday (October 5). Sixteen years have come and gone since we first stepped foot in Stars Hollow and only 52 days remain until the tiny Connecticut town once again lights up its iconic gazebo in Netflix's Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life. In anticipation of the upcoming four-part event, take a nostalgic look back at the series we couldn't get enough of and the cast that made it so special in this all-new featurette.:
And if you need a quick refresher on seasons 1-7, check out our Gilmore Girls in 60-second recaps, narrated by Stars Hollow's own jack of all trades, Kirk. Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life consists of four memorable chapters from the lives of Lorelai, Emily, Rory and countless more Stars Hollow stalwarts. The story is told through four 90-minute chapters -- each spanning one season: Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall -- and brings back to life everything from the quaint corner diner to the dreamy Dragonfly Inn to a fast-talking, quick-witted mother-daughter love story unlike any other. Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Lifelaunches Friday, November 25, everywhere that Netflix is available.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May)
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
05/02 - Red, White and Blue Collar Sitcoms - Make TV Great Again
05/09 - ALF - The Complete DVD Collection
05/09 - Divorce - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
05/09 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Second Season
05/16 - The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, May 22
Angie Tribeca - "License to Drill" (TBS, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Geils lands in trouble when he helps a woman investigate whether her husband is having an affair.
Young & Hungry - "Young & Amnesia" (Freeform, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Gabi attempts to cure Josh's amnesia by re-creating the first time they met.
Baby Daddy - "Daddy's Girl" (Freeform, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Riley is confined to the couch; Ben struggles to answer Emma's questions about her mother.
Monday, May 22
- Chelsea Handler (Are You There, Chelsea?) - Watch Chelsea on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. She chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Kyle Chandler (What About Joan?) - Kyle appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He also talks about Bloodline on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Michaela Watkins (Casual/Trophy Wife) - Michaela is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Seaton Smith (Mulaney) - Seaton stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Nicole Richie (Great News) - Nicole visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Nico Tortorella (Younger) - Nico appears on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Kym Whitley (Young & Hungry/Animal Practice/The Parkers) - Kym guest co-hosts The Real, so check your local listings.
- Tichina Arnold (Survivor's Remorse/Happily Divorced/Everybody Hates Chris/Martin) - Tichina appears on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Brenda Strong (The Help/Scorch) - Brenda talks about Supergirl on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Tituss Burgess (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt) - Tituss joins Clinton Kelly to whip up a delicious delight on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Patti performs a jazz song from her new album on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Loretta Devine and Lil Rel Howery (The Carmichael Show) - Loretta and Lil are guests on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 11:30am ET.
- Zoe Lister-Jones (Life in Pieces/Friends with Better Lives/Whitney) - Zoe talks about her new comedy Band Aid on the AOL Build Show 1pm.
- Ellie Reed (Girlboss) - Ellie talks about Girlboss on the AOL Build Show at 5pm.