Thursday, September 29, 2016
The critically-acclaimed comedy series You're the Worst has been renewed for a fourth season on FXX. The comedy from writer and executive producer Stephen Falk, currently ranked among television's leading comedies with a Metacritic score of 85, will return to FXX in 2017. You're the Worst is off to a strong start in Season 3 as its premiere delivered the series' most-watched telecast on FXX. The series is holding strong in Week 3 over its Season 2 average, with Total Viewers up +13% (590,000 vs. 521,000) and Adults 18-49 holding steady (-1%, 387,000 vs. 392,000) on a Live+7 basis.
You're the Worst is a modern look at love and happiness told through the eyes of two people who haven't been very successful with either. It's the story of Gretchen and Jimmy, fear, heartbreak, romance, sex, food, Los Angeles, Sunday Funday, friendship, and the fact that sometimes the worst people make the best partners. You're the Worst received Critics' Choice Television Award nominations for Best Comedy Series in 2015 and 2016, as well as a nomination for Aya Cash (Best Actress in a Comedy Series) and Kether Donohue (Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series) in 2016. An original comedy from writer and executive producer Stephen Falk, You're the Worst puts a dark twist on the romantic comedy genre. Narcissistic, brash, and stubborn Jimmy Shive-Overly (Chris Geere) has inadvertently found himself paired up with cynical, people-pleasing, and self-destructive Gretchen Cutler (Aya Cash). Rounding out the cast is Desmin Borges, who plays Edgar Quintero, Jimmy's once homeless war veteran roommate who is struggling to manage his PTSD while forging a post-combat life; and Kether Donohue as Lindsay Jillian, Gretchen's best friend and former partner in crime who's exploring her identity after her loveless marriage was resurrected by a surprise pregnancy.
As we first announced, reruns of The Mindy Project are coming to Freeform, but now NBCUniversal has announced that VH1 will also air reruns! NBCUniversal Television and New Media Distribution announced VH1 and Freeform have acquired the first five seasons of The Mindy Project from Universal Television. The show will begin airing on both networks in October and episodes will also be available on the VH1 and Freeform apps. We gave you the timings for Freeform, but now we will tell you about VH1. The network will begin the series Saturday, Oct. 1 from 2-5:30pm. As of now, the series will air Saturdays only. VH1 also airs My Wife & Kids, The Jamie Foxx Show, Girlfriends, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Saved by the Bell and That '70s Show, most during weekdays.
The Mindy Project from Universal Television is a single-camera comedy series created by and starring Emmy(r)-nominated writer/producer and New York Times best-selling author Mindy Kaling, which follows a skilled OB/GYN navigating the tricky waters of both her personal and professional life. The series stars Mindy Kaling, Chris Messina, Ed Weeks, Ike Barinholtz, Adam Pally, Beth Grant, Xosha Roquemore, Fortune Feimster and Zoe Jarman.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, October 21
Last Man Standing - "Trick or Treat" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
It’s Halloween and the Baxter family is excited for their annual party, except for Mike who’s reluctantly tasked with choosing the theme. In hopes of turning everyone against the holiday, Mike decides that maybe if the whole family has to dress up like each other they’ll end up making fun of one another. Eve dresses up like Mandy and Mandy dresses down like Eve, Kristin and Ryan swap roles, and Mike shows up to the party as… Donald Trump!? The impersonating turns into bickering but in the end, the Baxters come together to support Vanessa as she learns that she’s being laid off.
Dr. Ken - "D.K.'s Korean Ghost Story" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
On Halloween, Allison is disappointed the holiday doesn’t seem to scare Dave anymore, meaning her little boy is growing up, perhaps too fast. But that might change after D.K. tells a scary Korean gwishin (ghost) story. The Park family, as well as the gang at Welltopia, bring the story to life playing the various gwishins.
Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse - "Jack" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Marcus deals with the loss of one of his former teammates.
Friday, October 21
- Matthew Perry (The Odd Couple/Go On/Mr. Sunshine) - Watch Matthew on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Jerry Seinfeld (Seinfeld) - Jerry appears on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Joey/Friends) - Matt is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah talks about Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 1:15pm.
- Lindsay Sloane (The Odd Couple/The Stones/Mr. Rhodes) - Lindsay visits Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) and Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Tom and Ron will be on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Christian Slater (Breaking In) - Christian talks about King Cobra on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Netflix's Good Girls Revolt on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jennifer Grey (Red Oaks/It's Like, You Know...) - Jennifer joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Thomas Lennon (The Odd Couple/Sean Saves the World/Reno 911!) and Jason Biggs (Mad Love/Drexell's Class) - Thomas and Jason are guests on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Marisa Tomei (A Different World) - Marisa appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Paul Reiser (Red Oaks/Mad About You/The Paul Reiser Show) - Paul is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.