Thursday, September 29, 2016
The critically-acclaimed comedy series You're the Worst has been renewed for a fourth season on FXX. The comedy from writer and executive producer Stephen Falk, currently ranked among television's leading comedies with a Metacritic score of 85, will return to FXX in 2017. You're the Worst is off to a strong start in Season 3 as its premiere delivered the series' most-watched telecast on FXX. The series is holding strong in Week 3 over its Season 2 average, with Total Viewers up +13% (590,000 vs. 521,000) and Adults 18-49 holding steady (-1%, 387,000 vs. 392,000) on a Live+7 basis.
You're the Worst is a modern look at love and happiness told through the eyes of two people who haven't been very successful with either. It's the story of Gretchen and Jimmy, fear, heartbreak, romance, sex, food, Los Angeles, Sunday Funday, friendship, and the fact that sometimes the worst people make the best partners. You're the Worst received Critics' Choice Television Award nominations for Best Comedy Series in 2015 and 2016, as well as a nomination for Aya Cash (Best Actress in a Comedy Series) and Kether Donohue (Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series) in 2016. An original comedy from writer and executive producer Stephen Falk, You're the Worst puts a dark twist on the romantic comedy genre. Narcissistic, brash, and stubborn Jimmy Shive-Overly (Chris Geere) has inadvertently found himself paired up with cynical, people-pleasing, and self-destructive Gretchen Cutler (Aya Cash). Rounding out the cast is Desmin Borges, who plays Edgar Quintero, Jimmy's once homeless war veteran roommate who is struggling to manage his PTSD while forging a post-combat life; and Kether Donohue as Lindsay Jillian, Gretchen's best friend and former partner in crime who's exploring her identity after her loveless marriage was resurrected by a surprise pregnancy.
As we first announced, reruns of The Mindy Project are coming to Freeform, but now NBCUniversal has announced that VH1 will also air reruns! NBCUniversal Television and New Media Distribution announced VH1 and Freeform have acquired the first five seasons of The Mindy Project from Universal Television. The show will begin airing on both networks in October and episodes will also be available on the VH1 and Freeform apps. We gave you the timings for Freeform, but now we will tell you about VH1. The network will begin the series Saturday, Oct. 1 from 2-5:30pm. As of now, the series will air Saturdays only. VH1 also airs My Wife & Kids, The Jamie Foxx Show, Girlfriends, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Saved by the Bell and That '70s Show, most during weekdays.
The Mindy Project from Universal Television is a single-camera comedy series created by and starring Emmy(r)-nominated writer/producer and New York Times best-selling author Mindy Kaling, which follows a skilled OB/GYN navigating the tricky waters of both her personal and professional life. The series stars Mindy Kaling, Chris Messina, Ed Weeks, Ike Barinholtz, Adam Pally, Beth Grant, Xosha Roquemore, Fortune Feimster and Zoe Jarman.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, February 27
The Big Bang Theory - "The Dependence Transcedence" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Tensions rise when the boys struggle to complete their government project on time and Sheldon tries an energy drink to stay awake. Also, Penny and Amy go to a “party” at Bert (Brian Posehn) the geologist’s house, and Kooothrappali learns Bernadette’s true feelings about her pregnancy when they clean out the future baby room. Dean Norris returns as Air Force Representative Colonel Williams.
Man with a Plan - "Assisted Living" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Adam's parents visit unannounced, they reveal surprising plans for their future living arrangements. Emmy Award winner Swoosie Kurtz and Stacy Keach guest star as Bev and Joe, Adam and Don’s parents.
Superior Donuts - "Takin' It to the Streets" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Franco and Sweatpants discover their new landlord, Fawz, wants to convert their apartment building into luxury condos, they decide to organize a protest. Also, Randy realizes she needs to be nicer to James in order to get a good recommendation for her sergeant’s exam.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Dad Day Afternoon" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Han’s new therapist suggests that Max needs to confront her “daddy issues” and fear of intimacy, she reluctantly heads to Rhode Island to track down her birth father with the diner gang in tow. Also, Oleg is up in arms when Sophie wants him to help out around the house.
Monday, February 27
- Keri Russell (Running Wilde) - Watch Keri on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Connie Britton (Spin City/The Fighting Fitzgeralds/Lost at Home) - Connie appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Slink Johnson (Black Jesus) - Slick is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation) - Adam drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Josh Henderson (One on One) - Josh appears on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo. He also talks about The Arrangement on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- David Hyde Pierce (Frasier) - David chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Leighton Meester (Making History) - Leighton stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly visits Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- John Lithgow (Trial & Error/Twenty Good Years/3rd Rock from the Sun) - John talks about Trial & Error on NBC's Today in the 9am hour and on the AOL Build Show at 1:30pm.
- Billy Gardell (Mike & Molly) - Billy dishes on how This is Us is following in Mike & Molly’s footsteps – and why both shows are so beloved on People Now at 8:30am.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) and Craig Robinson (The Office) - Lisa and Craig talk about their new film Table 19 on the AOL Build Show at 2:30pm.
- Sinbad (A Different World/The Sinbad Show) - Sinbad is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Bradley Whitford (Trophy Wife) - Bradley visits The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Craig Robinson (The Office/Mr. Robinson) - Craig appears on The Real, so check your local listings.