Tuesday, September 27, 2016
The boys are back! Summer's new broadcast series, Better Late Than Never, is returning for a second season. This past summer award-winning actor, producer, writer and director Henry Winkler (Happy Days, Royal Pains), Emmy- and Golden Globe-winning actor, director and writer William Shatner (Star Trek, The Practice), celebrated football legend and NFL analyst Terry Bradshaw (Fox NFL Sunday), boxing Hall of Famer and gold medal winner-turned businessman George Foreman and comedian Jeff Dye (NBC's I Can Do That) embarked on the ultimate international excursion to Asia with no assistants, no limousines and no lattes, in search of an intimate life-changing experience. The five navigated their way through Tokyo and Kyoto, Japan; Seoul, South Korea; Hong Kong; and Phuket and Chiang Mai, Thailand - communicating with the local population, immersing themselves in local traditions and enjoying exotic food - all the while dealing with the unexpected twists and turns that any trip presents. Winkler, Shatner, Bradshaw, Foreman and Dye will return for the second season. The locale will be announced at a later date. It is expected to air next summer.
GSN, the leader in game shows and competitive entertainment, announced it has obtained telecast rights to 13 episodes of the hidden camera/comedy horror TV show Scare Tactics, hosted by actor/comedian Tracy Morgan. The show will be paired with the network's new horror-themed game Hellevator in a "Friday Night Frights" programming block on Fridays from 9-11pm ET/PT, beginning October 7. Scare Tactics,, which originally aired for five seasons, is a hidden camera/comedy TV series with a Sci-Fi twist. Episodes from season five, featuring actor/comedian Tracy Morgan (30 Rock, Saturday Night Live) take advantage of the age-old practice of friends playing practical jokes on each other. Set up by friends and family members, the show's unwitting "stars" are caught off guard and on camera in elaborately staged horror hoaxes involving movie-style special effects and expert make-up.
Hellevator , produced by Matador and masters of the horror genre Blumhouse Productions, in association with Lionsgate Television, is a terrifying, genre-bending series which dares a team of four friends to ride a haunted elevator into the depths of an abandoned slaughterhouse. With $50,000 at stake, contestants must conquer multiple floors of terrifying chaos and hair-raising challenges in order to move on to the final level - The Inferno. In addition to the psychological terror players will face during their quest, they must also endure the wrath of the show's masterminds, horror film icons Jen and Sylvia Soska, aka the "Twisted Twins," who work in tandem from their secret lair to torment and trip-up players as they struggle to remain sane and keep in mind, "it's just a game."
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, October 28
Bunk'd - "Treehouse of Terror" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Zuri, Jorge and Tiffany enlist the support of an unexpected camper to help restore an abandoned treehouse, so they can use it as a new hangout; Emma and Lou and Ravi and Xander get competitive during a friendly game of billiards.
Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse - "Do What You Gotta Do" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Joseph experiences an episode of sexual frustration due to Leslie's vow of chastity.
Friday, October 28
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - Watch John on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Drew Carey (The Drew Carey Show/The Good Life) - Drew visits on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about The Price is Right on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Kevin Hart (The Big House/Undeclared) - Kevin appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine?/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Terry is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Ricky stops by LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Colin Hanks (Life in Pieces) - Colin joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Melissa Joan Hart (Melissa & Joey/Sabrina, the Teenage Witch/Clarissa Explains It All) - Melissa looks back at her earliest memories on Clarissa Explains It All – and says she was really bossy on People Now at 8:30am.
- Damon Wayans (My Wife and Kids) - Damon is a guest on The Real, so check your local listings.