Tuesday, September 27, 2016
The boys are back! Summer's new broadcast series, Better Late Than Never, is returning for a second season. This past summer award-winning actor, producer, writer and director Henry Winkler (Happy Days, Royal Pains), Emmy- and Golden Globe-winning actor, director and writer William Shatner (Star Trek, The Practice), celebrated football legend and NFL analyst Terry Bradshaw (Fox NFL Sunday), boxing Hall of Famer and gold medal winner-turned businessman George Foreman and comedian Jeff Dye (NBC's I Can Do That) embarked on the ultimate international excursion to Asia with no assistants, no limousines and no lattes, in search of an intimate life-changing experience. The five navigated their way through Tokyo and Kyoto, Japan; Seoul, South Korea; Hong Kong; and Phuket and Chiang Mai, Thailand - communicating with the local population, immersing themselves in local traditions and enjoying exotic food - all the while dealing with the unexpected twists and turns that any trip presents. Winkler, Shatner, Bradshaw, Foreman and Dye will return for the second season. The locale will be announced at a later date. It is expected to air next summer.
GSN, the leader in game shows and competitive entertainment, announced it has obtained telecast rights to 13 episodes of the hidden camera/comedy horror TV show Scare Tactics, hosted by actor/comedian Tracy Morgan. The show will be paired with the network's new horror-themed game Hellevator in a "Friday Night Frights" programming block on Fridays from 9-11pm ET/PT, beginning October 7. Scare Tactics,, which originally aired for five seasons, is a hidden camera/comedy TV series with a Sci-Fi twist. Episodes from season five, featuring actor/comedian Tracy Morgan (30 Rock, Saturday Night Live) take advantage of the age-old practice of friends playing practical jokes on each other. Set up by friends and family members, the show's unwitting "stars" are caught off guard and on camera in elaborately staged horror hoaxes involving movie-style special effects and expert make-up.
Hellevator , produced by Matador and masters of the horror genre Blumhouse Productions, in association with Lionsgate Television, is a terrifying, genre-bending series which dares a team of four friends to ride a haunted elevator into the depths of an abandoned slaughterhouse. With $50,000 at stake, contestants must conquer multiple floors of terrifying chaos and hair-raising challenges in order to move on to the final level - The Inferno. In addition to the psychological terror players will face during their quest, they must also endure the wrath of the show's masterminds, horror film icons Jen and Sylvia Soska, aka the "Twisted Twins," who work in tandem from their secret lair to torment and trip-up players as they struggle to remain sane and keep in mind, "it's just a game."
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, January 19
The Big Bang Theory - "The Romance Calibration" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Penny feels that Leonard is taking her for granted, she decides to go on a spa weekend with Amy. Also, Wolowitz and Koothrappali try to fix a squeaky floorboard in the baby’s room.
The Great Indoors - "Mason Blows Up" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Jack tries to reassert his dominance as a reporter after Mason scores an investigative coup that turns him into an overnight celebrity. Also, Clark’s low self-esteem causes him to give Emma relationship advice about other guys instead of asking her out himself
Mom - "Good Karma and the Big Weird" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Bonnie encourages Christy to pursue Marjorie’s charming nephew, Nick, despite the fact that he’s been declared off limits. Chris Pratt, husband of MOM star Anna Faris, guest stars as Nick, Marjorie’s nephew.
Life in Pieces - "Tailgate Spiral Souvenir Seating" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Colleen and Matt host the family tailgate party at the L.A. Rams game, they invite former NFL quarterback Kurt Warner to spice up their so far dismal event. Also, Tim’s in danger of missing the game when Sophia makes him take her to the restroom and they get sidetracked returning to their seats; Joan and Jen try to sneak into seats closer to the field; and Greg wins a chance to participate in a halftime contest involving a football toss.
Baskets - "Freaks" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Chip has to decide between a tarp and snacks.
Friday, January 20
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Catch Anthony on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- JoAnna Garcia Swisher (Reba/Better with You) - JoAnna visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jim Gaffigan (The Jim Gaffigan Show/My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim stops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela drops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community) - Ken is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He also appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Nicole Byer (Loosely, Exactly Nicole) - Nicole appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Joe Jonas (Jonas L.A.) - Joe guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Bernadette Peters (Mozart in the Jungle/All's Fair) - Bernadette is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Queen Latifah (Living Single) - Queen Latifah is a guest on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Andrew Dice Clay (Bless This House/Hitz) - Andrew stops by Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Johnny Galecki (The Big Bang Theory/Roseanne - Johnny discusses his role in the new film, Rings, and dishes on this season of The Big Bang Theory on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.