Tuesday, September 27, 2016
The boys are back! Summer's new broadcast series, Better Late Than Never, is returning for a second season. This past summer award-winning actor, producer, writer and director Henry Winkler (Happy Days, Royal Pains), Emmy- and Golden Globe-winning actor, director and writer William Shatner (Star Trek, The Practice), celebrated football legend and NFL analyst Terry Bradshaw (Fox NFL Sunday), boxing Hall of Famer and gold medal winner-turned businessman George Foreman and comedian Jeff Dye (NBC's I Can Do That) embarked on the ultimate international excursion to Asia with no assistants, no limousines and no lattes, in search of an intimate life-changing experience. The five navigated their way through Tokyo and Kyoto, Japan; Seoul, South Korea; Hong Kong; and Phuket and Chiang Mai, Thailand - communicating with the local population, immersing themselves in local traditions and enjoying exotic food - all the while dealing with the unexpected twists and turns that any trip presents. Winkler, Shatner, Bradshaw, Foreman and Dye will return for the second season. The locale will be announced at a later date. It is expected to air next summer.
GSN, the leader in game shows and competitive entertainment, announced it has obtained telecast rights to 13 episodes of the hidden camera/comedy horror TV show Scare Tactics, hosted by actor/comedian Tracy Morgan. The show will be paired with the network's new horror-themed game Hellevator in a "Friday Night Frights" programming block on Fridays from 9-11pm ET/PT, beginning October 7. Scare Tactics,, which originally aired for five seasons, is a hidden camera/comedy TV series with a Sci-Fi twist. Episodes from season five, featuring actor/comedian Tracy Morgan (30 Rock, Saturday Night Live) take advantage of the age-old practice of friends playing practical jokes on each other. Set up by friends and family members, the show's unwitting "stars" are caught off guard and on camera in elaborately staged horror hoaxes involving movie-style special effects and expert make-up.
Hellevator , produced by Matador and masters of the horror genre Blumhouse Productions, in association with Lionsgate Television, is a terrifying, genre-bending series which dares a team of four friends to ride a haunted elevator into the depths of an abandoned slaughterhouse. With $50,000 at stake, contestants must conquer multiple floors of terrifying chaos and hair-raising challenges in order to move on to the final level - The Inferno. In addition to the psychological terror players will face during their quest, they must also endure the wrath of the show's masterminds, horror film icons Jen and Sylvia Soska, aka the "Twisted Twins," who work in tandem from their secret lair to torment and trip-up players as they struggle to remain sane and keep in mind, "it's just a game."
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, April 29
Henry Danger - "Stuck in Two Holes" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Whaaaat?!? Captain Man and Kid Danger are each stuck in a hole?!? Charlotte and Jasper better go help, 'cuz Schwoz is takin' a bean bath!
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "I Want My Mae B. Back" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After Mae starts to spend more time with her new boyfriend, Dawn begins to get jealous so enlists Nicky, Ricky, and Dicky to help separate them so that she can have her friend back.
Sunday, April 30
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- America Ferrera (Superstore) - America drops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ike Barinholtz (The Mindy Project) - Ike appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Joel McHale (The Great Indoors/Community) - Joel is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jake Johnson (New Girl) - Jake visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Hank Azaria (Brockmire/The Simpsons/Free Agents) - Hank stops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Al Madrigal (About a Boy/Welcome to the Captain/Gary Unmarried) - Al appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ashton Kutcher (The Ranch/Two and a Half Men/That '70s Show) - Ashton appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison teams up with Mario Batali to make a cheesy, decadent Gnocchi Al Telefono and dishes about her new Broadway show on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Charlie Hunnam (Undeclared) - Charlie will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 11:15am.
- Nick Robinson (Melissa & Joey) - Nick talks about his new film Everything, Everything on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.