Thursday, September 01, 2016
Classic TV Stars Maureen McCormick, Marilu Henner Join Dancing with the Stars Season 23; NBC to Encore Comedies on Fridays
The celebrity cast of Dancing with the Stars are slipping on their dancing shoes and getting ready for their first dance on the ballroom floor, as the 23rd season kicks off on Monday, Sept. 12, 2016 from 8:00-10:01 p.m. EDT, on the ABC Television Network. This season's lineup of celebrity dancers includes two Gold medal-winning U.S. Olympians, a multi Grammy award-winning musician, a star of one of the most iconic television programs ever, one of the greatest wide receivers of all time, and the former governor of Texas, to name just a few. As announced on ABC's Good Morning America, the celebrities with their professional partners heading to the ballroom this season (in alphabetical order) are:
· Amber Rose (The Amber Rose Show) with Maksim Chmerkovskiy
· Calvin Johnson Jr. (NFL star) with Lindsay Arnold
· Jake T. Austin (Wizards of Waverly Place) with Jenna Johnson
· James Hinchcliffe (IndyCar driver) with Sharna Burgess
· Jana Kramer (country singer, One Tree Hill) with Gleb Savchenko
· Kenny "Babyface" Edmonds (musician) with Allison Holker
· Laurie Hernandez (gymnast, Olympic gold medalist) with Valentin Chmerkovskiy
· Marilu Henner (Taxi, Evening Shade) with Derek Hough
· Maureen McCormick (The Brady Bunch) with Artem Chigvintsev
· Rick Perry (politician) with Emma Slater
· Ryan Lochte (swimmer, Olympic gold medalist) with Cheryl Burke
· Terra Jolé (Little Women: LA) with Sasha Farber
· "Vanilla Ice" Robert Van Winkle (rapper) with Witney Carson
NBC will air encores of its Thursday comedies on Fridays for at least the first three weeks of the season, as NBC has delayed the new season of Caught on Camera with Nick Cannon to Friday, Oct. 14 at 8pm. Instead, repeats of Superstore and new comedy The Good Place will air from 8-9pm for three weeks (Sep. 23, Sep. 30 and Oct. 7). As a reminder, remember The Good Place is a unique new comedy that follows Eleanor Shellstrop (Kristen Bell, House of Lies, Veronica Mars), an ordinary woman who, through an extraordinary string of events, enters the afterlife where she comes to realize that she hasn't been a very good person. With the help of her wise newfound afterlife mentor (Ted Danson, Bored to Death, Cheers), she's determined to shed her old way of living and discover the awesome (or at least the pretty good) person within.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May)
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
05/02 - Red, White and Blue Collar Sitcoms - Make TV Great Again
05/09 - ALF - The Complete DVD Collection
05/09 - Divorce - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
05/09 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Second Season
05/16 - The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, May 22
Angie Tribeca - "License to Drill" (TBS, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Geils lands in trouble when he helps a woman investigate whether her husband is having an affair.
Young & Hungry - "Young & Amnesia" (Freeform, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Gabi attempts to cure Josh's amnesia by re-creating the first time they met.
Baby Daddy - "Daddy's Girl" (Freeform, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Riley is confined to the couch; Ben struggles to answer Emma's questions about her mother.
Monday, May 22
- Chelsea Handler (Are You There, Chelsea?) - Watch Chelsea on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. She chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Kyle Chandler (What About Joan?) - Kyle appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He also talks about Bloodline on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Michaela Watkins (Casual/Trophy Wife) - Michaela is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Seaton Smith (Mulaney) - Seaton stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Nicole Richie (Great News) - Nicole visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Nico Tortorella (Younger) - Nico appears on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Kym Whitley (Young & Hungry/Animal Practice/The Parkers) - Kym guest co-hosts The Real, so check your local listings.
- Tichina Arnold (Survivor's Remorse/Happily Divorced/Everybody Hates Chris/Martin) - Tichina appears on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Brenda Strong (The Help/Scorch) - Brenda talks about Supergirl on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Tituss Burgess (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt) - Tituss joins Clinton Kelly to whip up a delicious delight on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Patti performs a jazz song from her new album on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Loretta Devine and Lil Rel Howery (The Carmichael Show) - Loretta and Lil are guests on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 11:30am ET.
- Zoe Lister-Jones (Life in Pieces/Friends with Better Lives/Whitney) - Zoe talks about her new comedy Band Aid on the AOL Build Show 1pm.
- Ellie Reed (Girlboss) - Ellie talks about Girlboss on the AOL Build Show at 5pm.