Thursday, August 04, 2016
Start brewing the coffee! UP, television's family-focused entertainment destination targeted to adults, announced that the network will air seasons one through seven of the award-winning fan-favorite family drama Gilmore Girls 24 hours a day for 153 hours straight during Thanksgiving week. While home for the holidays and off from work and school, Gilmore fans can watch every season of the fan-favorite series that will be loaded with trivia pop-ups throughout every episode and commentary by popular podcast personalities the "Gilmore Guys." The network will also feature a watch and win sweepstakes. UP will air Gilmore Girls starting with season one premiere on Friday, Nov. 18 at 6 p.m. ET and ending with season seven finale on Friday, Nov. 25 at 3 a.m. ET. Gilmore Girls, which aired from 2000-2007, is set in a storybook Connecticut town populated by an eclectic mix of dreamers, artists and everyday folk. The series starred Lauren Graham, Alexis Bledel, Melissa McCarthy, Keiko Agena, Yanic Truesdale, Scott Patterson, Liza Weil, Jared Padalecki, Milo Ventimiglia, Sean Gunn, Kelly Bishop, with special appearances by the late Edward Herrmann and recurring guest star Liz Torres. The multi-generational drama about family and friendship centers on Lorelai Gilmore (Graham) and her daughter, Rory (Bledel). Lorelai owns the town's bed-and-breakfast, the Dragonfly Inn, with best friend/chef Sookie (McCarthy), and contends with weekly dinners with eccentric, well-off parents Richard (Herrmann) and Emily Gilmore (Bishop) who always have something to say about their daughter's life.
USA Network announced a 7th season pick up for the critically acclaimed drama, Suits, at the 2016 TCA Summer Press Tour. The Universal Cable Production series is averaging more than 3MM total viewers P2+, 1.2MM P25-54 and 1.1MM P18-49 on a L3 basis in its sixth season, currently airing Wednesdays at 9/8c. In addition, USA unveiled October premiere dates for their newest original dramas Falling Water, from executive producers Gale Anne Hurd (The Walking Dead) and Blake Masters (Brotherhood), and Eyewitness, from executive producer Adi Hasak (Shades of Blue). Falling Water and Eyewitness also hail from Universal Cable Productions. Falling Water premieres Thursday, October 13 at 10/9c. It is the story of three unrelated people who slowly realize that they are dreaming separate parts of a single common dream. The deeper they dig, the more they come to realize that the visions found in their common dream just might hold the key to the fate of the world. Lizzie Brocheré (American Horror Story: Asylum), David Ajala (Fast & Furious 6) and Will Yun Lee (Hawaii 5-0) star.
Eyewitness premieres Sunday, October 16 at 10/9c. It is a bone-chilling crime thriller that delves into the lives of two teenage boys after they secretly meet up in a cabin, bear witness to a shooting and barely escape with their lives. Desperate to keep their relationship a secret and in fear of being found by the perpetrator, they remain silent but soon learn that what has been seen cannot be unseen -- and when you witness a horrible event, it changes everything. Adapted from the critically acclaimed Norwegian drama Øyevitne, the series stars Julianne Nicholson (Black Mass, Masters of Sex), Gil Bellows (Ascension, 11.22.63), Tyler Young (Empire), and James Paxton (Term Life).
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, September 26
The Big Bang Theory - "The Military Miniaturization" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Colonel Williams (Dean Norris), an Air Force representative from the Department of Material Command sits down to talk with Wolowitz.
Kevin Can Wait - "Sleep Disorder" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Kevin rearranges the house to his liking after his buddies convince him that Donna makes all their decisions and has taken over the house for her own benefit. Also, Kendra enlists her Uncle Kyle (Gary Valentine) to help toughen up Chale.
Monday, September 26
- Zach Galifianakis (Baskets) - Watch Zach on on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Rob Lowe (The Grinder/Parks and Recreation) - Rob appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Code Black on CBS This Morning sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings. He will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Kal Penn (We Are Men/How I Met Your Mother) - Kal is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Norm Macdonald (Norm) - Norm stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Johnny Pemberton (Son of Zorn) - Johnny is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Margaret Cho (All-American Girl) - Margaret appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jaleel White (Family Matters/Grown Ups) - Jaleel is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Patton Oswalt (The Goldbergs/The King of Queens) - Patton visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Whoopi Goldberg (Whoopi/Bagdad Cafe) - Whoopi drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Kristin performs live on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am. She also talks about her new album on the AOL Build Show at 3pm.
- Sutton Foster (Younger) - Sutton talks about Younger on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- The Cast of Younger) - Sutton Foster, Debi Mazar, Hilary Duff, Nico Tortorella, Peter Hermann, Miriam Shor and Molly Bernard are guests on the AOL Build Show at 2:15pm.