Thursday, August 04, 2016
Start brewing the coffee! UP, television's family-focused entertainment destination targeted to adults, announced that the network will air seasons one through seven of the award-winning fan-favorite family drama Gilmore Girls 24 hours a day for 153 hours straight during Thanksgiving week. While home for the holidays and off from work and school, Gilmore fans can watch every season of the fan-favorite series that will be loaded with trivia pop-ups throughout every episode and commentary by popular podcast personalities the "Gilmore Guys." The network will also feature a watch and win sweepstakes. UP will air Gilmore Girls starting with season one premiere on Friday, Nov. 18 at 6 p.m. ET and ending with season seven finale on Friday, Nov. 25 at 3 a.m. ET. Gilmore Girls, which aired from 2000-2007, is set in a storybook Connecticut town populated by an eclectic mix of dreamers, artists and everyday folk. The series starred Lauren Graham, Alexis Bledel, Melissa McCarthy, Keiko Agena, Yanic Truesdale, Scott Patterson, Liza Weil, Jared Padalecki, Milo Ventimiglia, Sean Gunn, Kelly Bishop, with special appearances by the late Edward Herrmann and recurring guest star Liz Torres. The multi-generational drama about family and friendship centers on Lorelai Gilmore (Graham) and her daughter, Rory (Bledel). Lorelai owns the town's bed-and-breakfast, the Dragonfly Inn, with best friend/chef Sookie (McCarthy), and contends with weekly dinners with eccentric, well-off parents Richard (Herrmann) and Emily Gilmore (Bishop) who always have something to say about their daughter's life.
USA Network announced a 7th season pick up for the critically acclaimed drama, Suits, at the 2016 TCA Summer Press Tour. The Universal Cable Production series is averaging more than 3MM total viewers P2+, 1.2MM P25-54 and 1.1MM P18-49 on a L3 basis in its sixth season, currently airing Wednesdays at 9/8c. In addition, USA unveiled October premiere dates for their newest original dramas Falling Water, from executive producers Gale Anne Hurd (The Walking Dead) and Blake Masters (Brotherhood), and Eyewitness, from executive producer Adi Hasak (Shades of Blue). Falling Water and Eyewitness also hail from Universal Cable Productions. Falling Water premieres Thursday, October 13 at 10/9c. It is the story of three unrelated people who slowly realize that they are dreaming separate parts of a single common dream. The deeper they dig, the more they come to realize that the visions found in their common dream just might hold the key to the fate of the world. Lizzie Brocheré (American Horror Story: Asylum), David Ajala (Fast & Furious 6) and Will Yun Lee (Hawaii 5-0) star.
Eyewitness premieres Sunday, October 16 at 10/9c. It is a bone-chilling crime thriller that delves into the lives of two teenage boys after they secretly meet up in a cabin, bear witness to a shooting and barely escape with their lives. Desperate to keep their relationship a secret and in fear of being found by the perpetrator, they remain silent but soon learn that what has been seen cannot be unseen -- and when you witness a horrible event, it changes everything. Adapted from the critically acclaimed Norwegian drama Øyevitne, the series stars Julianne Nicholson (Black Mass, Masters of Sex), Gil Bellows (Ascension, 11.22.63), Tyler Young (Empire), and James Paxton (Term Life).
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, December 3
Henry Danger - "Dodging Danger" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Henry uses his new super power to compete in a Dodge-A-Leen tournament, Ray, Schwoz, and Charlotte go undercover to teach Henry a lesson.
Monday, December 5
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Watch Will on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jason Bateman (Arrested Development/The Hogan Family/It's Your Move) - Jason visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Gael García Bernal (Mozart in the Jungle) - Gael is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Steve Agee (The Sarah Silverman Program) - Steve appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- The Cast of Fuller House - The cast of Fuller House are guests on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Patricia stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Miss Piggy (The Muppets) - Miss Piggy and Harry perform Deck the Halls on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Meredith Hagner (Search Party/Men at Work) - Meredith is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Lauren Graham (The Odd Couple/Conrad Bloom/Townies) - Lauren appears on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. talks about Office Christmas Party on the AOL Build Show at 3pm. He will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. He can also be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 9:50am.
- Bradley Whitford (Happyish/Trophy Wife) - Bradley is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Josh McDermitt (Retired at 35) - Josh can be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 10:45am.
- Erinn Hayes (Kevin Can Wait/Guys with Kids/Worst Week) - Erinn talks about Kevin Can Wait on the AOL Build Show at 4pm.