Monday, July 25, 2016
130 Countries. 30 Languages. 46 Million Facebook Fans. 5 Emmys(R). 4 Boys. 1 Town. South Park's been there. To celebrate the Emmy(R) and Peabody(R) Award-winning series' historic 20th season, Comedy Central and South Park Digital Studios will honor the iconic series with specialized events on-air, online and on-the-ground. The historic 20th season premieres this fall on Wednesday, September 14 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT only on Comedy Central. After kicking off the 20th season at Comic-Con in San Diego with a larger-than-life fan experience and a Hall H "South Park 20" panel with creators, Trey Parker and Matt Stone, the celebration of South Park continues with: a traveling art exhibit curated by street pop culture artist Ron English; the launch of a redesigned South Park App and all-new Avatar Creator; the upcoming release of "South Park: The Fractured But Whole," the eagerly-awaited new video game from Ubisoft; the "South Park 20 Experience" featuring 20 iconic 2D/3D moments to travel to additional locations throughout the year; GIPHY to cut GIFs from iconic moments featured at Comic-Con, as well as Comedy Central's launch of the 20th season multi-tiered, multimedia marketing campaign to roll out over the next several months.
Comedy Central is currently running a #SouthParkSummer marathon with episodes airing every Wednesday from 1:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. leading up to the 20th season premiere. Fans will also be able to vote on their favorite episodes across all social platforms with a countdown airing the most popular episodes on Sunday, September 4 from 1:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET/PT. SouthPark.cc.com will also host on-going contests and interactive elements.
After eight epic seasons of high-stakes romance, adventure, and drama, The Vampire Diaries will conclude its run with the upcoming 2016-17 season. The announcement was made at San Diego Comic-Con® by executive producers Kevin Williamson and Julie Plec. The panel concluded with a farewell video from the cast and producers, which featured an exclusive premiere of the new song "Changing Tides," by The Fray. The eighth and final 16-episode season of The Vampire Diaries will premiere Friday, October 21 from 8:00-9:00pm ET/PT, with a series finale date to be announced later. The series is from Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Outerbanks Entertainment, Alloy Entertainment, Warner Bros. Television and CBS Television Studios.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, February 20
Kevin Can Wait - "Neighborhood Watch" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Donna’s cousin, Irene (Claire Coffee), comes to visit with her chatty husband, Stuart (Alexander Chaplin), Kevin concocts an elaborate plan to avoid spending time with them by forming a neighborhood watch group with his buddies, including his neighbor, Rootger (Bas Rutten).
Man with a Plan - "Kate's First Date" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Kate is asked out on her first date, Adam can’t curb his overprotective ways. Also, Don enlists Lowell’s help to buy the perfect anniversary gift for Marcy.
Superior Donuts - "Trust Me" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Arthur is reluctant to let Franco make the shop’s bank deposit, Franco accuses his boss of not trusting him. Also, James regrets confiding in Randy after she shares an embarrassing secret about him with other cops at the station.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Jessica Shmessica" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Bobby (Christopher Gorham) invites Caroline to a party to meet his family, she is eager to make a good impression but isn’t prepared for the torch that his mother and sisters still carry for Bobby’s ex-girlfriend. Also, Caroline’s nerves are even more frayed when the diner gang decides to tag along. Guest stars include Nora Dunn as Bobby’s mother, Teresa, and Kerri Kenney-Silver as his sister, Denise.
Monday, February 20
- Jason Jones (The Detour) - Watch Jason on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Norm Macdonald (The Norm Show/A Minute with Stan Hooper) - Norm is a guest on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Keke Palmer (Scream Queens/True Jackson, VP) - Keke appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Patricia chats on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - NeNe guest co-hosts The Real, so check your local listings.
- Mike Farrell, Loretta Swit and Jamie Farr (M*A*S*H) - Mike, Loretta and Jamie are guests on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Anne-Marie Johnson (What's Happening Now!!) - Anne-Marie discusses diversity at the Oscars on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation) - Adam joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Rosie Perez (Search Party) - Rosie is a guest on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York sometime between 7-10am.
- Regina Hall (Grandfathered) - Regina appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Louie Anderson (Baskets/The Louie Show/Life with Louie) - Louie is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.