Tuesday, July 12, 2016
Hitmen, cops, prostitutes and parishioners are all part of Pastor Buddy's daily life in his newly adopted sleepy town. Starring Michael Rosenbaum, the second season of Impastor picks up with Buddy's life hanging in the balance as he tries to escape capture from both the police and a dangerous criminal from his past. All the while he must juggle his godly responsibilities to his still unsuspecting staff. Season Two of Impastor premieres on Wednesday, September 28 at 10:30pm ET/PT following the season three premiere of Younger on TV Land. Impastor, a single-camera comedy from Christopher Vane (Wings), stars Michael Rosenbaum (Smallville), Sara Rue (Less Than Perfect), Mircea Monroe (Episodes), Mike Kosinski (The Second City Chicago), and David Rasche (Ugly Betty). The series revolves around Buddy Dobbs, a gambling, pot-smoking slacker on the run from a loan shark, who steals a man's identity and ends up posing as the new gay pastor in a small, tight-knit town. Though he's tempted to immediately run off with the pastor's money, Buddy has a change of heart when he realizes that the people there, including his prim church assistant Dora (Rue), actually like this new and semi-improved alter ego…and he kind of likes them back. Watch the trailer for the new season!
Character actor Stuart Nisbet, who guest starred in many sitcoms in his career which spanned nearly six decades, has died. He died on June 23 at USC Verdugo Hills Hospital in Glendale, California. Mr. Nisbet was 82.
Nisbet's sitcom guest appearances included The Donna Reed Show, Dennis the Menace, Hazel, The Munsters, Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C., That Girl, My Three Sons, Bewitched, The Monkees, Get Smart, Happy Days, Three's Company, Designing Women, Mama's Family, Empty Nest, The Golden Girls and Growing Pains.
Some of his drama guest appearances included Checkmate, Dr. Kildare, The Fugitive, The Man from U.N.C.L.E., Mission: Impossible, The Virginian, Dragnet, Bonanza, Night Gallery, Mannix, Adam-12, The Rockford Files, The Dukes of Hazzard, Barnaby Jones, Quincy, M.E., Little House on the Prairie, L.A. Law and Murder, She Wrote.
Survivors include his wife, Nancy; his children, Bill, Linda, and Scott; his grandchildren, Shane, Shilo, Brandy, and Hope; and his children-in-law, Denny and Delia.
Mr. Nisbet was a fine character actor. We remember him as the high school principal Mr. Faraday in the first season "Fonzie Drops In" episode of Happy Days. He was never a sitcom regular, but you likely saw him in some of his 170+ television and film appearances. He will be greatly missed.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, February 25
The Thundermans - "Ditch Perfect" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Phoebe learns Max’s band plans to dump him, she suspects that his superhero training is hurting his friendships. Determined to help, she attempts to repair things with the band, but her good deeds quickly backfire.
Game Shakers - "Wedding Shower of Doom" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Dub’s brother shows up at Game Shakers and invites everyone except Dub to his wedding, the kids convince him to bring his brother into the fold, promising to make Dub behave himself at the event.
Monday, February 27
- Keri Russell (Running Wilde) - Watch Keri on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Connie Britton (Spin City/The Fighting Fitzgeralds/Lost at Home) - Connie appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Slink Johnson (Black Jesus) - Slick is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation) - Adam drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Josh Henderson (One on One) - Josh appears on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo. He also talks about The Arrangement on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- David Hyde Pierce (Frasier) - David chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Leighton Meester (Making History) - Leighton stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly visits Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- John Lithgow (Trial & Error/Twenty Good Years/3rd Rock from the Sun) - John talks about Trial & Error on NBC's Today in the 9am hour and on the AOL Build Show at 1:30pm.
- Billy Gardell (Mike & Molly) - Billy dishes on how This is Us is following in Mike & Molly’s footsteps – and why both shows are so beloved on People Now at 8:30am.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) and Craig Robinson (The Office) - Lisa and Craig talk about their new film Table 19 on the AOL Build Show at 2:30pm.
- Sinbad (A Different World/The Sinbad Show) - Sinbad is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Bradley Whitford (Trophy Wife) - Bradley visits The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Craig Robinson (The Office/Mr. Robinson) - Craig appears on The Real, so check your local listings.