Tuesday, July 12, 2016
Hitmen, cops, prostitutes and parishioners are all part of Pastor Buddy's daily life in his newly adopted sleepy town. Starring Michael Rosenbaum, the second season of Impastor picks up with Buddy's life hanging in the balance as he tries to escape capture from both the police and a dangerous criminal from his past. All the while he must juggle his godly responsibilities to his still unsuspecting staff. Season Two of Impastor premieres on Wednesday, September 28 at 10:30pm ET/PT following the season three premiere of Younger on TV Land. Impastor, a single-camera comedy from Christopher Vane (Wings), stars Michael Rosenbaum (Smallville), Sara Rue (Less Than Perfect), Mircea Monroe (Episodes), Mike Kosinski (The Second City Chicago), and David Rasche (Ugly Betty). The series revolves around Buddy Dobbs, a gambling, pot-smoking slacker on the run from a loan shark, who steals a man's identity and ends up posing as the new gay pastor in a small, tight-knit town. Though he's tempted to immediately run off with the pastor's money, Buddy has a change of heart when he realizes that the people there, including his prim church assistant Dora (Rue), actually like this new and semi-improved alter ego…and he kind of likes them back. Watch the trailer for the new season!
Character actor Stuart Nisbet, who guest starred in many sitcoms in his career which spanned nearly six decades, has died. He died on June 23 at USC Verdugo Hills Hospital in Glendale, California. Mr. Nisbet was 82.
Nisbet's sitcom guest appearances included The Donna Reed Show, Dennis the Menace, Hazel, The Munsters, Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C., That Girl, My Three Sons, Bewitched, The Monkees, Get Smart, Happy Days, Three's Company, Designing Women, Mama's Family, Empty Nest, The Golden Girls and Growing Pains.
Some of his drama guest appearances included Checkmate, Dr. Kildare, The Fugitive, The Man from U.N.C.L.E., Mission: Impossible, The Virginian, Dragnet, Bonanza, Night Gallery, Mannix, Adam-12, The Rockford Files, The Dukes of Hazzard, Barnaby Jones, Quincy, M.E., Little House on the Prairie, L.A. Law and Murder, She Wrote.
Survivors include his wife, Nancy; his children, Bill, Linda, and Scott; his grandchildren, Shane, Shilo, Brandy, and Hope; and his children-in-law, Denny and Delia.
Mr. Nisbet was a fine character actor. We remember him as the high school principal Mr. Faraday in the first season "Fonzie Drops In" episode of Happy Days. He was never a sitcom regular, but you likely saw him in some of his 170+ television and film appearances. He will be greatly missed.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, October 23
The Simpsons - "Treehouse of Horror XXVI" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
In an encore of last season’s Halloween episode, Sideshow Bob finally kills Bart, only to reanimate him; Homer wakes up with short-term memory loss; and Lisa, Bart, and Milhouse get super powers from radiation.
Bob's Burgers - "Teen-a-Witch" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
With Halloween quickly approaching, Tina reveals her brilliant idea that will finally win her first place in the annual costume contest. When Tammy steals her idea, Tina is forced to seek the help of Mr. Ambrose, who leads her to alternate and other-worldly methods of winning. Meanwhile, Bob is on a mission to figure out who is stealing his perfectly crafted pumpkins.
The Simpsons - "Trust But Clarify" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Lisa and Bart investigate Krusty’s suspicious new “Krustaceans” candy. Meanwhile, Homer wants a promotion at the nuclear plant and asks Marge to help him dress the part, and news anchor Kent Brockman struggles to find his feet in the changing media world.
Son of Zorn - "A Taste of Zephyria" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After learning how Zephyria is depicted in the media, Zorn attempts to teach Alan about his culture. Meanwhile, Edie wages war with her new neighbors over their talking garden gnome.
Family Guy - "Inside Family Guy" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
FAMILY GUY takes viewers behind the scenes of a regular “FAMILY GUY” production week, with James Woods as the guide. See the ins-and-outs of what goes into the making of a “FAMILY GUY” episode and watch the drama unfold as Peter is replaced and ends up in the office of Fox Television Group Chairmen and CEOs Dana Walden and Gary Newman to pitch his very own new series.
The Last Man on Earth - "Five Hoda Kotbs" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
A post-apocalyptic road trip has everyone at war with each other and Gail is really pushed to her breaking point.
Bizaardvark - "Spoiler Alert: Belissa Returns" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Paige and Frankie hit a writing slump and other bad things start happening to them, Paige begins to think they are cursed; Amelia and Dirk are at odds when the lifestyle Diva declutters the Dare Lair.
Sunday, October 23
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Catch Patti on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Watch Ricky on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jameela Jamil (The Good Place) - Jameela appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Aya Cash (You're the Worst) - Aya talks about You're the Worst on the AOL Build ShoW at 2pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Good Girls Revolt on People Now at 8:30am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.