Thursday, June 16, 2016
NBC has announced premiere dates for its 2016-17 fall schedule, which includes the return of Sunday Night Football, The Voice, and new series like This Is Us, Timeless, and The Good Place; returning comedy Superstore and the Dick Wolf Windy City troika: Chicago Fire, Chicago P.D. and Chicago Med. The second season of Blindspot kicks off NBC's fall and begins Wednesday, Sept. 14 at 10pm immediately following the season finale of summer's America's Got Talent. Then, Sunday Night Football starts up again on a special night: Thursday, Sept. 8 when the champion Denver Broncos host the Carolina Panthers at 8:30 pm ET/5:30 pm PT in a Super Bowl rematch. Three days later on Sunday, Sept. 11, Sunday Night Football travels to Arizona as the Cardinals play the New England Patriots at 8:30 pm ET/5:30 pm PT. The 11th season of The Voice begins Monday, Sept. 19 from 8-10 pm as new coaches Alicia Keys and Miley Cyrus join Adam Levine and Blake Shelton in the Blind Auditions. Immediately following, NBC will air back-to-back episodes of the new Mike Schur comedy The Good Place, starring Kristen Bell and multi-Emmy Award winner Ted Danson. The series will shift to its normal 8:30 pm Thursday timeslot three days later on Sept. 22.
This Is Us will make its series debut at 10pm on Tuesday, Sept. 20 following The Voice and continue in that time period for a few weeks until shifting to its normal 9pm slot on Tuesday, Oct. 11. Wednesday, Sept. 21 marks the time period premiere of Blindspot (8 pm), immediately followed by the 18th season premiere of Law & Order: SVU and season four debut of Chicago P.D. Cloud 9 opens for business at 8 pm on Thursday, Sept. 22 as Superstore returns for its second season followed by The Good Place. The doctors of Chicago Med go back to work at 9 pm and then Red's hunt for Liz and the man who took her take center stage on the new season of The Blacklist at its new time of 10 pm. Friday, Sept. 23 marks the return of Caught on Camera with Nick Cannon at 8 pm and Dateline NBC from 9-11 pm. Timeless, from Eric Kripke and Shawn Ryan, about a history professor who teams with a scientist and soldier to try and prevent a mysterious criminal from changing the past, debuts Monday, Oct. 3 at 10 pm. The following week, on Tuesday, Oct. 11, This Is Us makes its time period premiere at 9 pm followed by the season five premiere of Chicago Fire. A premiere date for Friday drama Grimm will be announced at a later date.
The Emmy(R)- and Golden Globe-winning comedy series Curb Your Enthusiasm, starring Larry David, will return to HBO for its ninth season after a 5 year hiatus. The series ended its eighth season in September 2011. Details of the new season will be announced as they are confirmed. Curb Your Enthusiasm stars Seinfeld co-creator Larry David as an over-the-top version of himself in an unsparing but tongue-in-cheek depiction of his life. With 80 episodes to date, the show is HBO's longest-running scripted comedy or drama series. David also starred in and co-wrote the 2013 HBO Films presentation Clear History.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, January 21
The Thundermans - "Better Off Wed" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
The kids learn that Dr. Colosso ruined their parents' wedding years earlier, and want to recreate Hank & Barb's dream day as their anniversary gift. However, Dr. Colosso remains a threat, and they must keep their plans a secret.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "Keeping Up with the Quadashians" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After binge watching their favorite reality TV show, the Quads decide their lives are every bit as "reality TV" worthy, and decide to make a show of their own. Guest Stars: Maddie Ziegler, Mackenzie Ziegler
School of Rock - "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Tomika and Zack work on a love song together, leading to a moment that will change their friendship forever. Summer and Lawrence hang out together for the first time, and Freddy helps Mr. Finn with a problem.
Saturday, January 21
- Phylicia Rashad (The Cosby Show/Cosby) - Phylicia will be featured on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Watch Allison on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- William Shatner ($h*! My Dad Says) and Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Arrested Development/Out of Practice) - William and Henry are guests on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jade Catta-Preta (Manhattan Love Story) - Jade is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Wendi McClendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Justina Machado (One Day at a Time) - Justina will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry and Rebecca Romjin talk about Love Locks on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. Jerry will also be on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT and on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Retta (Parks and Recreation) - Retta talks about Girlfriend's Guide to Divorce on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.