Monday, June 06, 2016
Lopez to Return on TV Land for 2nd Season; Seinfeld's Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee Returns June 16
TV Land announced the second season order of original comedy Lopez starring and executive produced by stand-up comedian and actor George Lopez. Lopez is currently in its first season on TV Land, airing Wednesdays at 10pm and full episodes can be viewed on the TV Land App. The first season finale airs on Wednesday, June 22. The series revolves around George as he struggles with wanting to give back to the Latino community where he grew up, but also feeling as though he can never satisfy all the demands placed on him by both the celebrity world and his hometown. TV Land is also airing reruns of George's first series, George Lopez weeknights at 8pm. Lopez is also executive produced and written by John Altschuler and Dave Krinsky (Silicon Valley, King of the Hill). Michael Rotenberg (It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia) of 3 Arts Entertainment also served as executive producer alongside Troy Miller, who also directed all episodes of season one and produced the show via Dakota Pictures.
Crackle, Sony's free streaming network, will premiere Jerry Seinfeld's original series, Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee with a new episode every Thursday starting on June 16. Guests set to appear in season eight of the Emmy® nominated series includes (not in air-order): comedienne Margaret Cho, SNL creator Lorne Michaels, stand-up comic Jim Gaffigan, Last Week Tonight host John Oliver, actor JB Smoove and writer/producer of some of the biggest hit films, Judd Apatow. Crackle's Original Movie, Dead Rising: Endgame, based on the hugely popular Dead Rising video game franchise by Capcom, which has sold over 9.1 million copies worldwide, will premiere on June 20. The action-packed zombie thriller produced with Legendary Digital Media, stars Jesse Metcalfe (Desperate Housewives, Dallas), Billy Zane (Zoolander 2, Titanic) Dennis Haysbert (24, Sin City: A Dame to Kill For), Marie Avgeropoulos (The 100), Jessica Harmon (iZombie) and Keegan Connor Tracy (Once Upon a Time, Bates Motel). Sports Jeopardy!, Crackle's sports-centric game show hosted by Dan Patrick, will continue to air new episodes weekly, every Wednesday.
New programming arriving to Crackle in June include: Blue Crush starring Kate Bosworth, the supernatural horror film Insidious, the 2006 biographical drama, The Pursuit of Happyness starring Will Smith, sports drama Gridiron Gang starring Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, additional episodes of Seinfeld and much more. In anticipation of season two, fans can binge-watch the entire first season of Crackle's first, one-hour scripted drama, The Art of More, starring Dennis Quaid (executive producer), Kate Bosworth, Cary Elwes and Christian Cooke. Fans can also watch all 13 episodes of the stop-motion animated comedy, SuperMansion with Bryan Cranston (executive producer), Seth Green (executive producer), Keegan-Michael Key and Jillian Bell, among several guest stars including: Chris Pine, Jordan Peele, Donald Faison, Ron Perlman, Breckin Meyer, Clark Duke and many more.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, April 25
The Middle - "Trip and Fall" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Trashy neighbor Rita Glossner (Brooke Shields) talks an apprehensive Frankie into taking a road trip to an unknown destination; Mike takes an embarrassing fall at the quarry and has to deal with even more embarrassment when OSHA is called in to investigate; and Sue attempts to convince Axl to end his estrangement with the family after learning their true feelings about April.
American Housewife - "The Otto Motto" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Taylor keeps quitting school activities, Greg says that Katie, quite the quitter herself, sets a poor example. He challenges her to finally learn French after quitting lessons so long ago, so she reluctantly enrolls in a college class.
Speechless - "S-I-- SICK D-A-- DAY" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Maya gets sick, Jimmy is forced to be the mom of the house, and Dylan becomes Kenneth’s replacement for JJ when Kenneth also gets sick. Jimmy ends up doing well with Maya’s normal duties, but he tries to keep it from her to avoid her feeling bad. Meanwhile, JJ protects Dylan from a boy she’s interested in. And despite its illness, the family bands together and pulls an all-nighter to finish Ray’s school project.
Imaginary Mary - "In a World Where Worlds Collide" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Alice freaks out when her friends want to meet Ben. But when an outing with everyone goes surprisingly well, Alice wants to meet Ben’s friends. However, Ben is hesitant but devises a plan that will impress Alice; but later, he makes a surprising admission.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "The Last Ride" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
In what could be their last case as partners, Jake and Charles go to great extremes to apprehend a local bike thief. Terry shockingly isn’t in the lead for “Mr. Nine-Nine” (the detective who has solved the most cases), leaving Rosa determined to boost his ego. Meanwhile, Amy spends some precious time with Holt.
The Mick - "The Implant" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Sabrina tells Mickey she wants to augment her figure, so Mickey decides the best way to dissuade her from doing so is to do a test-run in public. Meanwhile, Jimmy takes Chip and Ben to a baseball game to teach them how to be more masculine.
Great News - "Pilot" (NBC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Katie (Briga Heelan), a frustrated cable news producer, is horrified when her mom, Carol (Andrea Martin), gets an internship at "The Breakdown." Despite Katie's best efforts, Carol is instantly beloved by the entire office, including blowhard veteran anchor Chuck (John Michael Higgins). But when Katie hits a roadblock while producing a big story, she realizes that maybe having a mom at work isn't such a bad thing.
Great News - "Bear Attack" (NBC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Katie (Briga Heelan) tries to set workplace boundaries with Carol (Andrea Martin), but when a big story about an escaped bear lands in her lap, her mom can't help but meddle. Meanwhile, Greg (Adam Campbell) tries to get Chuck (John Michael Higgins) and Portia (Nicole Richie) to do a little friendly banter at the end of the show.
The Detour - "The Mule" (TBS, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Robin and Nate live out their action movie fantasies as they make their way to the kids, who are actually doing fine without them.
The Detour - "The Ass" (TBS, 10:30PM ET/PT)
The family reunites, but this time Robin makes a huge mistake.
Tuesday, April 25
- Amanda Peet (Brockmire/Togetherness/Bent) - Catch Amanda on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC. She also appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Patton Oswalt (The Goldbergs/The King of Queens) - Patton stops by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Kal Penn (We Are Men/How I Met Your Mother) - Kal is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Sanaa Lathan (Family Guy/The Cleveland Show/LateLine) - Sanaa stops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Reid Scott (Veep/My Boys) - Reid visits Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Arden Myrin (Working) - Arden appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Hank Azaria (Brockmire/The Simpsons/Free Agents) - Hank is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Andrea Martin (Difficult People/Working the Engels) - Andrea visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- John Leguizamo (The Brothers Garcia) - John guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Patti will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Andrea Martin (Great News/Difficult People/Working the Engels) - Andrea talks about Good News on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and in the 10am hour.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso will be on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Jason Jones (The Detour) - Jason talks about The Detour on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Ross Lynch (Austin & Ally) - Ross opens up about his new movie My Friend Dahmer on People Now at 8:30am.
- Tim Daly (Wings) - Tim is a guest on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Peter Engel (Producer of Saved by the Bell/California Dreams/Hang Time) - Peter dishes about his new memoir I Was Saved by the Bell on the The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.
- Sherri Shepherd (Trial & Error/Less Than Perfect/Sherri) - Sherri is a guest on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Danny DeVito (It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia/Taxi) - Danny appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.