Tuesday, June 21, 2016
Don't miss FYI's one-hour special Celebrity Renovation, featuring TV star Alyssa Milano (and a friend to this website) on Saturday, June 25 at 8pm ET/PT on FYI. In this one-hour special, Alyssa Milano (Who's the Boss?, Charmed, Mistresses) surprises her assistant Kelly by completely renovating her home as she recovers from her battle with ovarian cancer. With a tight timeline of just six days, Alyssa quickly assembles a skilled team to execute the enormous renovation; including a top notch Hollywood interior designer and a local construction crew. Together, they turn Kelly's outdated space from drab to fab. Tacky tile floors turn into beautiful hardwood, a "rock wall" goes from an eyesore to a striking white marble fireplace and a depressing bar is transformed into a custom-made banquette breakfast table.
After six long and exhausting work days, with the team handling a laundry list of delays and disasters with creative design solutions, will the renovation be completed on time? And how will Kelly respond to all the changes? Tune in this Saturday at 8|7c only on FYI!
Actress Ann Morgan Guilbert, who was best known for her roles as Millie Helper in The Dick Van Dyke Show and as Yetta Rosenberg in The Nanny, has died. She died of cancer in Los Angeles on June 14. Ms. Guilbert was 87.
Guilbert appeared as Millie Helper in 61 episodes of The Dick Van Dyke Show from 1961-1966 on CBS. Millie was married to Jerry (Jerry Paris), who was a dentist. They were the next-door neighbors and best friends of Rob and Laura Petrie (Dick Van Dyke and Mary Tyler Moore). In 2004, she appeared in The Dick Van Dyke Show Revisited reunion special on CBS.
She starred as Nora in all 10 episodes of the short-lived 1971 CBS sitcom The New Andy Griffith Show. Nora was the live-in sister of Lee Sawyer (Lee Meriwether), who was married to Andy Sawyer (Andy Griffith).
Guilbert starred as Theresa Fanelli in The Fanelli Boys, which aired on NBC for one season in 1990-1991. She was the mother of Anthony (Ned Eisenberg), Ronnie (Andy Hirsch), Frankie (Chris Meloni) and Dominic (Joe Pantoliano). Her tall, balding brother Father Angelo was played by Richard Libertini.
She later appeared as Yetta Rosenberg, Fran Fine's (Fran Drescher) doddering grandmother and Sylvia Fine's (Renee Taylor) mother, in 56 episodes of The Nanny from 1993-1999 on CBS. Although she appeared in all six seasons of the series, she received a starring credit only in the final season. In 2004, she appeared in The Nanny Reunion: A Nosh to Remember on Lifetime.
Some of her other sitcom guest appearances included My Three Sons, Hennesey, Hey, Landlord, Good Morning, World, The Andy Griffith Show, I Dream of Jeannie, Room 222, The Partridge Family, Love, American Style, On the Rocks, Maude, Barney Miller, Cheers, Newhart, Blossom, Home Improvement, Empty Nest, Seinfeld, Happily Divorced and Modern Family (as Cam's grandmother).
She had a recurring role as Birdy Lamb in the HBO comedy Getting On. Her final guest appearances were in two episodes of Life in Pieces in February and March.
Survivors include her daughters, actress Hallie Todd (Lizzie McGuire) and Nora Eckstein, a writer, actress and acting teacher.
Ms. Guilbert was wonderful as Millie Helper and Yetta Rosenberg. She was always very funny and a scene stealer. She will be deeply missed.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, October 20
Superstore - "Dog Adoption Day" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
After new parents Cheyenne (Nichole Bloom) and Bo (recurring guest star Johnny Pemberton) get into a fight, Amy (America Ferrera) and Glenn (Mark McKinney) take vastly different approaches in giving them advice. Meanwhile, Mateo (Nico Santos) and Jonah (Ben Feldman) get assigned to handle dog adoptions in the store and work feverishly to get all of the dogs adopted once they find out what will happen to the dogs if they don't. Dina (Lauren Ash) refuses to adjust Garrett's (Colton Dunn) timecard based on "store rules," leaving Garrett happy to taunt Dina in revenge.
The Good Place - "The Eternal Shriek" (NBC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Eleanor (Kristen Bell) and Chidi (William Jackson Harper) set off on a quest with Janet (D'Arcy Carden) as their guide. Meanwhile, Tahani (Jameela Jamil) attempts to show Michael (Ted Danson) how much he is appreciated.
Better Things - "Duke's Chorus" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Sam and the family go-to-meeting.
Thursday, October 20
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Catch Elijah on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Lena Dunham (Girls) - Lena is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Kroll (The League/Cavemen) - Nick appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- John Mulaney (Mulaney) - John is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Mila Kunis (That '70s Show/Family Guy) - Mila appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Joey/Friends) - Matt chats about Man with a Plan on CBS This Morning sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Randall Park (Fresh Off the Boat) - Randall is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Derek Theler (Baby Daddy) - Derek appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Patrice Lovely (Love Thy Neighbor) - Patrice visits Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Zach Galifianakis (Baskets) - Zach and the cast of Keeping Up with the Joneses will be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Wanda Sykes (The New Adventures of Old Christine/Wanda at Large) - Wanda will be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She also joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Victoria Justice (Victorious/Zoey 101) - Victoria talks about The Rocky Horror Picture Show on People Now at 8:30am.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Netflix's Good Girls Revolt on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Cobie Smulders (How I Met Your Mother) - Cobie is a guest on Harry on Netflix.