Tuesday, June 21, 2016
Don't miss FYI's one-hour special Celebrity Renovation, featuring TV star Alyssa Milano (and a friend to this website) on Saturday, June 25 at 8pm ET/PT on FYI. In this one-hour special, Alyssa Milano (Who's the Boss?, Charmed, Mistresses) surprises her assistant Kelly by completely renovating her home as she recovers from her battle with ovarian cancer. With a tight timeline of just six days, Alyssa quickly assembles a skilled team to execute the enormous renovation; including a top notch Hollywood interior designer and a local construction crew. Together, they turn Kelly's outdated space from drab to fab. Tacky tile floors turn into beautiful hardwood, a "rock wall" goes from an eyesore to a striking white marble fireplace and a depressing bar is transformed into a custom-made banquette breakfast table.
After six long and exhausting work days, with the team handling a laundry list of delays and disasters with creative design solutions, will the renovation be completed on time? And how will Kelly respond to all the changes? Tune in this Saturday at 8|7c only on FYI!
Actress Ann Morgan Guilbert, who was best known for her roles as Millie Helper in The Dick Van Dyke Show and as Yetta Rosenberg in The Nanny, has died. She died of cancer in Los Angeles on June 14. Ms. Guilbert was 87.
Guilbert appeared as Millie Helper in 61 episodes of The Dick Van Dyke Show from 1961-1966 on CBS. Millie was married to Jerry (Jerry Paris), who was a dentist. They were the next-door neighbors and best friends of Rob and Laura Petrie (Dick Van Dyke and Mary Tyler Moore). In 2004, she appeared in The Dick Van Dyke Show Revisited reunion special on CBS.
She starred as Nora in all 10 episodes of the short-lived 1971 CBS sitcom The New Andy Griffith Show. Nora was the live-in sister of Lee Sawyer (Lee Meriwether), who was married to Andy Sawyer (Andy Griffith).
Guilbert starred as Theresa Fanelli in The Fanelli Boys, which aired on NBC for one season in 1990-1991. She was the mother of Anthony (Ned Eisenberg), Ronnie (Andy Hirsch), Frankie (Chris Meloni) and Dominic (Joe Pantoliano). Her tall, balding brother Father Angelo was played by Richard Libertini.
She later appeared as Yetta Rosenberg, Fran Fine's (Fran Drescher) doddering grandmother and Sylvia Fine's (Renee Taylor) mother, in 56 episodes of The Nanny from 1993-1999 on CBS. Although she appeared in all six seasons of the series, she received a starring credit only in the final season. In 2004, she appeared in The Nanny Reunion: A Nosh to Remember on Lifetime.
Some of her other sitcom guest appearances included My Three Sons, Hennesey, Hey, Landlord, Good Morning, World, The Andy Griffith Show, I Dream of Jeannie, Room 222, The Partridge Family, Love, American Style, On the Rocks, Maude, Barney Miller, Cheers, Newhart, Blossom, Home Improvement, Empty Nest, Seinfeld, Happily Divorced and Modern Family (as Cam's grandmother).
She had a recurring role as Birdy Lamb in the HBO comedy Getting On. Her final guest appearances were in two episodes of Life in Pieces in February and March.
Survivors include her daughters, actress Hallie Todd (Lizzie McGuire) and Nora Eckstein, a writer, actress and acting teacher.
Ms. Guilbert was wonderful as Millie Helper and Yetta Rosenberg. She was always very funny and a scene stealer. She will be deeply missed.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, April 22
Henry Danger - "Green Fingers" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
fter Schwoz creates a disease that accidentally effects Charlotte, Henry, his family, and even Ray, he quarantines them in Henry’s house in order to find a cure.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "This Little Piggy Went to the Harpers" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When The Quads kidnap a rival soccer team’s pig mascot as a prank, they have to pass it off as Anne’s surprise birthday present in order to not get caught forgetting her birthday.
Monday, April 24
- Kathryn Hahn (Happyish/Transparent/Free Agents) - Watch Kathryn on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. She also talks about the new series I Love Dick on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. She also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jim Gaffigan (The Jim Gaffigan Show/My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Andrea Martin (Great News/Difficult People/Working the Engels) - Andrea stops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Briga Heelan (Great News/Ground Floor) - Briga is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Matt Walsh (Veep), Mary Holland (Blunt Talk) and Timothy Simons (Veep) - Matt, Mary and Timothy are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kumail Nanjiani (Silicon Valley) - Kumail drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- John Leguizamo (The Brothers Garcia) - John guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Cobie Smulders (How I Met Your Mother) - Cobie talks about making her Broadway debut in Present Laughter on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Katie Gill (Baby Daddy) - Katie is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa joins Clinton Kelly in the kitchen to make a delicious dessert with an ingredient she’s never had before—Rhubarb on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso will be on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Kate Walsh (Bad Judge/The Drew Carey Show) - Kate talks about 13 Reasons Why on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.