Wednesday, June 29, 2016
And now we have ABC's Fall 2016 premiere dates! ABC will launch the 2016-17 season with a stable of returning hit shows and five new series to join the schedule. The new season kicks off with Dancing with the Stars making its 23rd season premiere on Monday, September 12 from 8-10pm. ABC will have the 68th Primetime Emmy Awards on Sunday, Sept. 18. On Tuesday, September 20, ABC will have a two-hour Dancing with the Stars Results Show leading into the season premiere of Marvel's Agents of SHIELD at 10. ABC's Wednesday comedies launch on Sept. 21 with The Goldbergs at its new time of 8pm leading into new comedy Speechless starring Minnie Driver at 8:30pm. Megahit Modern Family and black-ish follow in the 9pm hour. Then at 10pm, new drama Designated Survivor starring Kiefer Sutherland in his return to primetime premieres. On Thursday, Sept. 22, ABC's TGIT block returns with Grey's Anatomy at 8, new drama Notorious inspired by the true-life stories of famed criminal defense attorney Mark Geragos and cable news producer Wendy Walker, airs at 9pm as Scandal is held to mid-season due to Kerry Washington's pregnancy. At 10pm, the season premiere of How To Get Away With Murder will premiere. The next night on Friday, Sept. 23, the consistent Friday line-up returns with Last Man Standing at 8, Dr. Ken at 8:30, Shark Tank at 9 and 20/20 at 10.
ABC's Sunday dramas return on Sunday, Sept. 25 with veteran Once Upon a Time at 8, followed by sophomore seasons of Secrets & Lies at 9 and Quantico at 10. AFV will premiere a week later on Sunday, Oct. 2 at 7pm. New drama Conviction featuring Hayley Atwell (Marvel's Agent Carter), will launch on Monday, October 3 at 10pm due to Presidential Debate on Monday, Sept. 26. ABC's Dancing with the Stars will likely air on Tuesday, Sept. 27 that week due to the debate on Monday. And finally, ABC's Tuesday comedy block will launch on Tuesday, Oct. 11, due to the VP Debate on Oct. 4. The Middle moves to its new night at 8pm, followed by new comedy American Housewife starring Katy Mixon (Mike and Molly) at 8:30pm. Fresh Off the Boat and The Real O'Neals will air from 9-10pm.
It's #SundanceTVMovietime and SundanceTV is dialing up Peter, Raymond and Egon for an all-day marathon of Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters II, starting Saturday, July 16 at 11:00 a.m. EST/10:00 a.m. CST, to celebrate the reboot of the film, which hits theaters Friday, July 15, 2016. Viewers can settle in to watch their favorite team of paranormal experts take on ghosts, ghouls and Marshmallow Men alike in these classic comedies starring Bill Murray (Groundhog Day, Lost in Translation, Caddy Shack) Dan Aykroyd (The Blues Brothers, Driving Miss Daisy, Coneheads), Harold Ramis (Groundhog Day, Analyze This) and Sigourney Weaver (Avatar, Alien). Both films will air three times each during the day from 11am-2am.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, October 21
Last Man Standing - "Trick or Treat" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
It’s Halloween and the Baxter family is excited for their annual party, except for Mike who’s reluctantly tasked with choosing the theme. In hopes of turning everyone against the holiday, Mike decides that maybe if the whole family has to dress up like each other they’ll end up making fun of one another. Eve dresses up like Mandy and Mandy dresses down like Eve, Kristin and Ryan swap roles, and Mike shows up to the party as… Donald Trump!? The impersonating turns into bickering but in the end, the Baxters come together to support Vanessa as she learns that she’s being laid off.
Dr. Ken - "D.K.'s Korean Ghost Story" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
On Halloween, Allison is disappointed the holiday doesn’t seem to scare Dave anymore, meaning her little boy is growing up, perhaps too fast. But that might change after D.K. tells a scary Korean gwishin (ghost) story. The Park family, as well as the gang at Welltopia, bring the story to life playing the various gwishins.
Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse - "Jack" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Marcus deals with the loss of one of his former teammates.
Friday, October 21
- Matthew Perry (The Odd Couple/Go On/Mr. Sunshine) - Watch Matthew on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Jerry Seinfeld (Seinfeld) - Jerry appears on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Joey/Friends) - Matt is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah talks about Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 1:15pm.
- Lindsay Sloane (The Odd Couple/The Stones/Mr. Rhodes) - Lindsay visits Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) and Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Tom and Ron will be on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Christian Slater (Breaking In) - Christian talks about King Cobra on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Netflix's Good Girls Revolt on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jennifer Grey (Red Oaks/It's Like, You Know...) - Jennifer joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Thomas Lennon (The Odd Couple/Sean Saves the World/Reno 911!) and Jason Biggs (Mad Love/Drexell's Class) - Thomas and Jason are guests on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Marisa Tomei (A Different World) - Marisa appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Paul Reiser (Red Oaks/Mad About You/The Paul Reiser Show) - Paul is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.