Wednesday, June 29, 2016
And now we have ABC's Fall 2016 premiere dates! ABC will launch the 2016-17 season with a stable of returning hit shows and five new series to join the schedule. The new season kicks off with Dancing with the Stars making its 23rd season premiere on Monday, September 12 from 8-10pm. ABC will have the 68th Primetime Emmy Awards on Sunday, Sept. 18. On Tuesday, September 20, ABC will have a two-hour Dancing with the Stars Results Show leading into the season premiere of Marvel's Agents of SHIELD at 10. ABC's Wednesday comedies launch on Sept. 21 with The Goldbergs at its new time of 8pm leading into new comedy Speechless starring Minnie Driver at 8:30pm. Megahit Modern Family and black-ish follow in the 9pm hour. Then at 10pm, new drama Designated Survivor starring Kiefer Sutherland in his return to primetime premieres. On Thursday, Sept. 22, ABC's TGIT block returns with Grey's Anatomy at 8, new drama Notorious inspired by the true-life stories of famed criminal defense attorney Mark Geragos and cable news producer Wendy Walker, airs at 9pm as Scandal is held to mid-season due to Kerry Washington's pregnancy. At 10pm, the season premiere of How To Get Away With Murder will premiere. The next night on Friday, Sept. 23, the consistent Friday line-up returns with Last Man Standing at 8, Dr. Ken at 8:30, Shark Tank at 9 and 20/20 at 10.
ABC's Sunday dramas return on Sunday, Sept. 25 with veteran Once Upon a Time at 8, followed by sophomore seasons of Secrets & Lies at 9 and Quantico at 10. AFV will premiere a week later on Sunday, Oct. 2 at 7pm. New drama Conviction featuring Hayley Atwell (Marvel's Agent Carter), will launch on Monday, October 3 at 10pm due to Presidential Debate on Monday, Sept. 26. ABC's Dancing with the Stars will likely air on Tuesday, Sept. 27 that week due to the debate on Monday. And finally, ABC's Tuesday comedy block will launch on Tuesday, Oct. 11, due to the VP Debate on Oct. 4. The Middle moves to its new night at 8pm, followed by new comedy American Housewife starring Katy Mixon (Mike and Molly) at 8:30pm. Fresh Off the Boat and The Real O'Neals will air from 9-10pm.
It's #SundanceTVMovietime and SundanceTV is dialing up Peter, Raymond and Egon for an all-day marathon of Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters II, starting Saturday, July 16 at 11:00 a.m. EST/10:00 a.m. CST, to celebrate the reboot of the film, which hits theaters Friday, July 15, 2016. Viewers can settle in to watch their favorite team of paranormal experts take on ghosts, ghouls and Marshmallow Men alike in these classic comedies starring Bill Murray (Groundhog Day, Lost in Translation, Caddy Shack) Dan Aykroyd (The Blues Brothers, Driving Miss Daisy, Coneheads), Harold Ramis (Groundhog Day, Analyze This) and Sigourney Weaver (Avatar, Alien). Both films will air three times each during the day from 11am-2am.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May)
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
05/02 - Red, White and Blue Collar Sitcoms - Make TV Great Again
05/09 - ALF - The Complete DVD Collection
05/09 - Divorce - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
05/09 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Second Season
05/16 - The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, May 23
Downward Dog - "Boundaries" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Nan installs an automatic dog door so she can take away Jason’s key but still keep him as Martin’s dog walker, Martin is convinced he can suddenly open doors with his mind, and the new-found power goes to his head. Meanwhile at work, Nan’s boss is unable to understand the new ad campaign Nan sold to the corporate bosses, and he spirals into confusion.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "The Bank Job" / "Crime & Punishment" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
As Jake and Rosa continue their search for a bank-robbing operation with Lieutenant Hawkins (guest star Gina Gershon), they realize there’s more to her team than meets the eye. After discovering a dangerous secret, they call for back-up from Holt and Pimento (guest star Jason Mantzoukas). Meanwhile, Boyle objects to Gina’s new boyfriend (guest star Ryan Phillipe). Then, Jake and Rosa are framed for a crime they didn’t commit, it’s up to the Nine-Nine to find a way to bust them out.
Great News - "Carol Has a Bully" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Carol (Andrea Martin) has a midterm she must pass in order to keep her internship. Katie (Briga Heelan) needs to choose between helping her mom and focusing on her hacking story, which she can't seem to crack. Meanwhile, Greg's (Adam Campbell) wealthy estranged grandmother (guest star Christina Pickles) pays a visit to the office. Chuck (John Michael Higgins) finds her cold and cruel, but almost immediately falls in love with her.
Great News - "Carol's Eleven" (NBC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Katie (Briga Heelan) makes a huge discovery about the story she's been chasing and, with the help of Carol (Andrea Martin) and the rest of the staff, concocts a scheme to get the story out. Greg (Adam Campbell) struggles with balancing his conflicting loyalties to his family, co-workers and conscience.
Mann & Wife - "Mann, Shut Yo Mouth" (Bounce TV, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Struggling to solve a tough case, an exhausted Daniel falls asleep and wakes up in a 70's blaxploitation cop show.
Tuesday, May 23
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Catch Terry on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Rob Huebel (Trasparent/Burning Love) - Rob appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Al Madrigal (About a Boy/Welcome to The Captain/Gary Unmarried), Andrew Santino (I'm Dying Up Here/Sin City Saints) and Erik Griffin (I'm Dying Up Here) - Al, Andrew and Erik are guests on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ari Graynor (I'm Dying Up Here/Bad Teacher) - Ari stops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Nick Kroll (The League/Cavemen) - Nick visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ben Falcone (Nobodies/A to Z/Joey) - Ben drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Abigail Breslin (Scream Queens) - Abigail appears on LIVE! with Kelly and Ryan, so check your listings.
- Mayim Bialik (The Big Bang Theory/Blossom) - Mayim talks about her new book Girling Up: How to Be Strong, Smart and Spectacular and The Big Bang Theory on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- William Shatner ($#*! My Dad Says) - William is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Kyle Chandler (What About Joan?) - Kyle teams up with Clinton Kelly to grill up a great entrée on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Nicole Byer ( Loosely Exactly Nicole) - Nicole is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- The Love Boat Cast - The cast of The Love Boat reunites on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Debra Messing (Will & Grace) - Debra chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Zoe Lister-Jones (Life in Pieces/Friends with Better Lives/Whitney) - Zoe talks about her new comedy Band Aid on the AOL Build Show 1pm.
- Jamie Foxx (The Jamie Foxx Show) - Jamie talks about Beat Shazam on AOL Build Show 4pm.