Monday, February 22, 2016
NBC has changed the special preview date for the second season of sitcom The Carmichael Show. The special preview was slated for Tuesday, March 8 at 10:30pm, will now be moved a day later to Wednesday, March 9 at 10pm, followed by a repeat episode at 10:30pm. In the season premiere, when Cynthia (Loretta Devine) sees her Reverend with someone who is not his wife, the family comes together to discuss cheating and consequences. Jerrod (Jerrod Carmichael) is shocked when this family discussion reveals that Maxine (Amber Stevens West) is no stranger to infidelity. The series will still move to its Sundays at 9pm timeslot beginning Sunday, March 13. There will be two back-to-back episodes for that night before sharing the hour with new sitcom Crowded beginning March 20.
To celebrate the milestone of reaching 200 episodes, the City of Pasadena has declared that Thursday, February 25 will officially be proclaimed The Big Bang Theory Day, within Pasadena city limits. The hit comedy series has been fictionally set in the Southern California city for its entire nine-season run. Celebrating the 200th episode landmark at an event on Saturday evening, Pasadena Councilmember Andy Wilson, on behalf of Mayor Terry Tornek, joined series stars and producers - including Johnny Galecki, Jim Parsons, Kaley Cuoco, Simon Helberg, Kunal Nayyar, Mayim Bialik, Melissa Rauch, Chuck Lorre, Bill Prady and Steven Molaro - to issue the proclamation. The entire proclamation, presented by Pasadena Councilmember Andy Wilson, reads as follows:
Whereas Warner Bros. Television's The Big Bang Theory premiered on the CBS Television Network on September 24, 2007, and during its subsequent 200 episodes has featured its main characters living in Pasadena, working as Caltech scientists and even popularizing the "Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock" game; and
Whereas the series, now airing in its ninth season, is currently the number one comedy on television, thereby drawing national, international (and even perhaps intergalactic) attention to the City of Pasadena; and
Whereas the talented cast, producers and crew of The Big Bang Theory - including co-creators Chuck Lorre and Bill Prady, showrunner Steven Molaro, and series stars Johnny Galecki, Jim Parsons, Kaley Cuoco, Simon Helberg, Kunal Nayyar, Mayim Bialik and Melissa Rauch - have portrayed the City of Pasadena as not only a city of advanced education and pop culture sophistication but also home to the occasional unexpected "Bazinga!" to countless viewers worldwide;
Now, Therefore I, Terry Tornek, Mayor of Pasadena, on behalf of the City Council, do hereby congratulate and commend the cast, producers and crew of The Big Bang Theory, and proclaim February 25, 2016, in the City of Pasadena as The Big Bang Theory Day.
The Big Bang Theory airs its 200th episode on Thursday, February 25 (8/7c on CBS). In the episode "The Celebration Experimentation," the gang finally celebrates Sheldon's birthday with a few special guests, including Christine Baranski, Sara Gilbert, Wil Wheaton and Batman's Adam West. Holy 200 episodes, Batman!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, October 21
Last Man Standing - "Trick or Treat" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
It’s Halloween and the Baxter family is excited for their annual party, except for Mike who’s reluctantly tasked with choosing the theme. In hopes of turning everyone against the holiday, Mike decides that maybe if the whole family has to dress up like each other they’ll end up making fun of one another. Eve dresses up like Mandy and Mandy dresses down like Eve, Kristin and Ryan swap roles, and Mike shows up to the party as… Donald Trump!? The impersonating turns into bickering but in the end, the Baxters come together to support Vanessa as she learns that she’s being laid off.
Dr. Ken - "D.K.'s Korean Ghost Story" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
On Halloween, Allison is disappointed the holiday doesn’t seem to scare Dave anymore, meaning her little boy is growing up, perhaps too fast. But that might change after D.K. tells a scary Korean gwishin (ghost) story. The Park family, as well as the gang at Welltopia, bring the story to life playing the various gwishins.
Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse - "Jack" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Marcus deals with the loss of one of his former teammates.
Friday, October 21
- Matthew Perry (The Odd Couple/Go On/Mr. Sunshine) - Watch Matthew on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Jerry Seinfeld (Seinfeld) - Jerry appears on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Joey/Friends) - Matt is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah talks about Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 1:15pm.
- Lindsay Sloane (The Odd Couple/The Stones/Mr. Rhodes) - Lindsay visits Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) and Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Tom and Ron will be on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Christian Slater (Breaking In) - Christian talks about King Cobra on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Netflix's Good Girls Revolt on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jennifer Grey (Red Oaks/It's Like, You Know...) - Jennifer joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Thomas Lennon (The Odd Couple/Sean Saves the World/Reno 911!) and Jason Biggs (Mad Love/Drexell's Class) - Thomas and Jason are guests on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Marisa Tomei (A Different World) - Marisa appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Paul Reiser (Red Oaks/Mad About You/The Paul Reiser Show) - Paul is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.