Monday, February 22, 2016
NBC has changed the special preview date for the second season of sitcom The Carmichael Show. The special preview was slated for Tuesday, March 8 at 10:30pm, will now be moved a day later to Wednesday, March 9 at 10pm, followed by a repeat episode at 10:30pm. In the season premiere, when Cynthia (Loretta Devine) sees her Reverend with someone who is not his wife, the family comes together to discuss cheating and consequences. Jerrod (Jerrod Carmichael) is shocked when this family discussion reveals that Maxine (Amber Stevens West) is no stranger to infidelity. The series will still move to its Sundays at 9pm timeslot beginning Sunday, March 13. There will be two back-to-back episodes for that night before sharing the hour with new sitcom Crowded beginning March 20.
To celebrate the milestone of reaching 200 episodes, the City of Pasadena has declared that Thursday, February 25 will officially be proclaimed The Big Bang Theory Day, within Pasadena city limits. The hit comedy series has been fictionally set in the Southern California city for its entire nine-season run. Celebrating the 200th episode landmark at an event on Saturday evening, Pasadena Councilmember Andy Wilson, on behalf of Mayor Terry Tornek, joined series stars and producers - including Johnny Galecki, Jim Parsons, Kaley Cuoco, Simon Helberg, Kunal Nayyar, Mayim Bialik, Melissa Rauch, Chuck Lorre, Bill Prady and Steven Molaro - to issue the proclamation. The entire proclamation, presented by Pasadena Councilmember Andy Wilson, reads as follows:
Whereas Warner Bros. Television's The Big Bang Theory premiered on the CBS Television Network on September 24, 2007, and during its subsequent 200 episodes has featured its main characters living in Pasadena, working as Caltech scientists and even popularizing the "Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock" game; and
Whereas the series, now airing in its ninth season, is currently the number one comedy on television, thereby drawing national, international (and even perhaps intergalactic) attention to the City of Pasadena; and
Whereas the talented cast, producers and crew of The Big Bang Theory - including co-creators Chuck Lorre and Bill Prady, showrunner Steven Molaro, and series stars Johnny Galecki, Jim Parsons, Kaley Cuoco, Simon Helberg, Kunal Nayyar, Mayim Bialik and Melissa Rauch - have portrayed the City of Pasadena as not only a city of advanced education and pop culture sophistication but also home to the occasional unexpected "Bazinga!" to countless viewers worldwide;
Now, Therefore I, Terry Tornek, Mayor of Pasadena, on behalf of the City Council, do hereby congratulate and commend the cast, producers and crew of The Big Bang Theory, and proclaim February 25, 2016, in the City of Pasadena as The Big Bang Theory Day.
The Big Bang Theory airs its 200th episode on Thursday, February 25 (8/7c on CBS). In the episode "The Celebration Experimentation," the gang finally celebrates Sheldon's birthday with a few special guests, including Christine Baranski, Sara Gilbert, Wil Wheaton and Batman's Adam West. Holy 200 episodes, Batman!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, January 21
The Thundermans - "Better Off Wed" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
The kids learn that Dr. Colosso ruined their parents' wedding years earlier, and want to recreate Hank & Barb's dream day as their anniversary gift. However, Dr. Colosso remains a threat, and they must keep their plans a secret.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "Keeping Up with the Quadashians" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After binge watching their favorite reality TV show, the Quads decide their lives are every bit as "reality TV" worthy, and decide to make a show of their own. Guest Stars: Maddie Ziegler, Mackenzie Ziegler
School of Rock - "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Tomika and Zack work on a love song together, leading to a moment that will change their friendship forever. Summer and Lawrence hang out together for the first time, and Freddy helps Mr. Finn with a problem.
Saturday, January 21
- Phylicia Rashad (The Cosby Show/Cosby) - Phylicia will be featured on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Watch Allison on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- William Shatner ($h*! My Dad Says) and Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Arrested Development/Out of Practice) - William and Henry are guests on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jade Catta-Preta (Manhattan Love Story) - Jade is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Wendi McClendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Justina Machado (One Day at a Time) - Justina will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry and Rebecca Romjin talk about Love Locks on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. Jerry will also be on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT and on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Retta (Parks and Recreation) - Retta talks about Girlfriend's Guide to Divorce on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.