Monday, February 22, 2016
NBC has changed the special preview date for the second season of sitcom The Carmichael Show. The special preview was slated for Tuesday, March 8 at 10:30pm, will now be moved a day later to Wednesday, March 9 at 10pm, followed by a repeat episode at 10:30pm. In the season premiere, when Cynthia (Loretta Devine) sees her Reverend with someone who is not his wife, the family comes together to discuss cheating and consequences. Jerrod (Jerrod Carmichael) is shocked when this family discussion reveals that Maxine (Amber Stevens West) is no stranger to infidelity. The series will still move to its Sundays at 9pm timeslot beginning Sunday, March 13. There will be two back-to-back episodes for that night before sharing the hour with new sitcom Crowded beginning March 20.
To celebrate the milestone of reaching 200 episodes, the City of Pasadena has declared that Thursday, February 25 will officially be proclaimed The Big Bang Theory Day, within Pasadena city limits. The hit comedy series has been fictionally set in the Southern California city for its entire nine-season run. Celebrating the 200th episode landmark at an event on Saturday evening, Pasadena Councilmember Andy Wilson, on behalf of Mayor Terry Tornek, joined series stars and producers - including Johnny Galecki, Jim Parsons, Kaley Cuoco, Simon Helberg, Kunal Nayyar, Mayim Bialik, Melissa Rauch, Chuck Lorre, Bill Prady and Steven Molaro - to issue the proclamation. The entire proclamation, presented by Pasadena Councilmember Andy Wilson, reads as follows:
Whereas Warner Bros. Television's The Big Bang Theory premiered on the CBS Television Network on September 24, 2007, and during its subsequent 200 episodes has featured its main characters living in Pasadena, working as Caltech scientists and even popularizing the "Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock" game; and
Whereas the series, now airing in its ninth season, is currently the number one comedy on television, thereby drawing national, international (and even perhaps intergalactic) attention to the City of Pasadena; and
Whereas the talented cast, producers and crew of The Big Bang Theory - including co-creators Chuck Lorre and Bill Prady, showrunner Steven Molaro, and series stars Johnny Galecki, Jim Parsons, Kaley Cuoco, Simon Helberg, Kunal Nayyar, Mayim Bialik and Melissa Rauch - have portrayed the City of Pasadena as not only a city of advanced education and pop culture sophistication but also home to the occasional unexpected "Bazinga!" to countless viewers worldwide;
Now, Therefore I, Terry Tornek, Mayor of Pasadena, on behalf of the City Council, do hereby congratulate and commend the cast, producers and crew of The Big Bang Theory, and proclaim February 25, 2016, in the City of Pasadena as The Big Bang Theory Day.
The Big Bang Theory airs its 200th episode on Thursday, February 25 (8/7c on CBS). In the episode "The Celebration Experimentation," the gang finally celebrates Sheldon's birthday with a few special guests, including Christine Baranski, Sara Gilbert, Wil Wheaton and Batman's Adam West. Holy 200 episodes, Batman!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, March 25
Henry Danger - "Gas or Fail" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Captain Man finds himself trapped underground, Henry must devise a way to sneak out of his school's standardized testing to save Ray.
Game Shakers - "Llama Llama Spit Spit" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After the Game Shakers get kicked out of Fooders to make room for a guest who has his photo on the wall, Babe becomes determined to get their own photo up using any means necessary.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "To Be Invited or Not to Be" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
The quads make a new friend, an amazing inventor, but when not all of them get invited back to hang out again, they start to wonder why.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Better Late Than Never" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
A missed call leaves Danny and his family in a bad place.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Make Up or Make Out" (OWN, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Still upset with his friends, Danny takes the advice of his family.
Sunday, March 26
- Sanaa Lathan (Family Guy/The Cleveland Show/LateLine) - Catch Sanaa on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Richard Dreyfuss (Your Family or Mine) - Richard appears on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) and Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) - Lily and Jane are guests on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. They also chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Rachel Dratch (Imaginary Mary) - Rachel is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Pete Holmes (Crashing) - Pete stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/1600 Penn/Accidentally on Purpose/Courting Alex/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ron Funches (Powerless/Undateable) - Ron is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kaitlin Olson (The Mick/It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) - Kaitlin drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi appears on a repeat of Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Mark Consuelos (Alpha House/Hope & Faith) - Mark guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Tahj Mowry, Derek Theler and Jean-Luc Bilodeau (Baby Daddy) - Tahj, Derek and Jean-Luc are guests on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Vanessa Bell Calloway (Rhythm & Blues) - Vanessa is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- June Diane Raphael (Grace and Frankie) - June talks about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben talk TV Land's Nobodies on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brookyln stops by People Now at 8:30am.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia opens up about her favorite part of being in the 50 Shades movies on People Now at 8:30am. \
- Tracee Ellis Ross (black-ish/Girlfriends) - Tracee dishes about her Golden Globe win on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.