Wednesday, January 20, 2016
COZI TV Gets Little House on the Prairie for September 2016; Miami Vice Episodes with the Late Glenn Frey
Laura Ingalls and the entire Ingalls family return to our hearts and minds this fall as they make their debut on COZI TV, with the announcement that Little House on the Prairie will launch on the network in September. The popular western drama series, starring Melissa Gilbert as Laura Ingalls and Michael Landon as her father, Charles Ingalls, tells the story of a family living on a farm in Walnut Grove, Minnesota during the 1870s and 1880s. The winner of four Emmy awards, Little House on the Prairie aired on NBC from 1974 to 1982. Adapted from Laura Ingalls Wilder's biographical best-selling Little House books, the series introduces the central characters, Charles Ingalls and his wife, Caroline, along with their four daughters, Mary, Laura, Carrie and Grace. The series follows the family from Laura's childhood through her adulthood and marriage to Almanzo Wilder, affectionately referred to as Manny by Laura, with whom she later starts a family of her own. Upon hearing of Laura's heart-warming story in the early 1970s, NBC executive and television producer, Ed Friendly, asked Michael Landon to direct the pilot movie that preceded the series. Landon agreed as long as he could play Charles Ingalls and proceeded to direct 87 of the 203 episodes that aired. The character of Charles Ingalls was later ranked fourth in TV Guide's list of the "50 Greatest TV Dads of All Time."
Sticking to COZI TV news, COZI TV will air special programming all this week in memory of the late Eagles legend Glenn Frey, who passed away Monday. Beginning yesterday and throughout the week, the network will air the Miami Vice episodes that Frey either acted in or his music was featured in as a tribute to his life. Miami Vice had only been on the air for a few months when the show's creator, Michael Mann, heard Frey's hit "Smuggler's Blues" on the air. Frey made his acting debut on Miami Vice as Jimmy Cole, who provided transport for smugglers. Catch these episodes the rest of the week:
Wednesday, January 20 at 11 PM
The Miami Vice episode "Smuggler's Blues" features Frey appearing in his on-camera role of Jimmy Cole.
Thursday, January 21 at 11 PM
The Miami Vice two-part episode "The Prodigal Son" features Frey's hit "You Belong to the City."
Friday, January 22 at 11 PM
The Miami Vice episode "Nobody Lives Forever" includes Frey's hit "New Love."
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, March 24
Last Man Standing - "Bad Heir Day" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Mike and Vanessa think it’s time for newlyweds Mandy and Kyle to move out, but when Chuck relays some unexpected news about Kyle’s absentee mom, Mike has second thoughts. Meanwhile, Eve tells Ryan that Boyd is making up stories about his Dad’s real job, because he’s embarrassed about being home-schooled.
Dr. Ken - "Clark's Big Surprise" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Ken accidentally finds out that Clark and Connor are planning their surprise wedding, he has to find a way to get everyone to come. But Damona finds out and to get Allison there, she tells her that Ken is going to surprise her by renewing their wedding vows. Guest performances from the Grammy Award-winning band, Train, featuring lead singer Pat Monahan and guitarist Jerry Becker.
Friday, March 24
- Sofia Black-D'Elia (The Mick) - Watch Sofia on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Tracy Morgan (30 Rock/The Tracy Morgan Show) - Tracy is on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Malin Akerman (Trophy Wife/Sin City Saints) - Malin appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Zach Galifianakis (Baskets) - Zach is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Laura Dern (Enlightened) - Laura appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jermaine Fowler (Superior Donuts) - Jermaine is a guest on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Michael Keaton (Working Stiffs/All's Fair) - Michael visits LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben are guests on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Martha Plimpton (The Real O'Neals/Raising Hope) - Martha appears on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Anthony chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Carl Reiner (The Dick Van Dyke Show) and Rob Reiner (All in the Family) - Carl and Rob are guests on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. She also joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) and Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) - Jane and Lily talk about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brooklyn talks about Malibu Country on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Rhea Perlman (Cheers/Kirstie) - Rhea talks about Me and My Grandma on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Emma Roberts (Scream Queens/Unfabulous) - Emma talks about The Blackcoat's Daughter on People Now at 8:30am.
- Josh Henderson (One on One) - Josh is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.