Wednesday, January 20, 2016
COZI TV Gets Little House on the Prairie for September 2016; Miami Vice Episodes with the Late Glenn Frey
Laura Ingalls and the entire Ingalls family return to our hearts and minds this fall as they make their debut on COZI TV, with the announcement that Little House on the Prairie will launch on the network in September. The popular western drama series, starring Melissa Gilbert as Laura Ingalls and Michael Landon as her father, Charles Ingalls, tells the story of a family living on a farm in Walnut Grove, Minnesota during the 1870s and 1880s. The winner of four Emmy awards, Little House on the Prairie aired on NBC from 1974 to 1982. Adapted from Laura Ingalls Wilder's biographical best-selling Little House books, the series introduces the central characters, Charles Ingalls and his wife, Caroline, along with their four daughters, Mary, Laura, Carrie and Grace. The series follows the family from Laura's childhood through her adulthood and marriage to Almanzo Wilder, affectionately referred to as Manny by Laura, with whom she later starts a family of her own. Upon hearing of Laura's heart-warming story in the early 1970s, NBC executive and television producer, Ed Friendly, asked Michael Landon to direct the pilot movie that preceded the series. Landon agreed as long as he could play Charles Ingalls and proceeded to direct 87 of the 203 episodes that aired. The character of Charles Ingalls was later ranked fourth in TV Guide's list of the "50 Greatest TV Dads of All Time."
Sticking to COZI TV news, COZI TV will air special programming all this week in memory of the late Eagles legend Glenn Frey, who passed away Monday. Beginning yesterday and throughout the week, the network will air the Miami Vice episodes that Frey either acted in or his music was featured in as a tribute to his life. Miami Vice had only been on the air for a few months when the show's creator, Michael Mann, heard Frey's hit "Smuggler's Blues" on the air. Frey made his acting debut on Miami Vice as Jimmy Cole, who provided transport for smugglers. Catch these episodes the rest of the week:
Wednesday, January 20 at 11 PM
The Miami Vice episode "Smuggler's Blues" features Frey appearing in his on-camera role of Jimmy Cole.
Thursday, January 21 at 11 PM
The Miami Vice two-part episode "The Prodigal Son" features Frey's hit "You Belong to the City."
Friday, January 22 at 11 PM
The Miami Vice episode "Nobody Lives Forever" includes Frey's hit "New Love."
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, January 21
The Thundermans - "Better Off Wed" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
The kids learn that Dr. Colosso ruined their parents' wedding years earlier, and want to recreate Hank & Barb's dream day as their anniversary gift. However, Dr. Colosso remains a threat, and they must keep their plans a secret.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "Keeping Up with the Quadashians" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After binge watching their favorite reality TV show, the Quads decide their lives are every bit as "reality TV" worthy, and decide to make a show of their own. Guest Stars: Maddie Ziegler, Mackenzie Ziegler
School of Rock - "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Tomika and Zack work on a love song together, leading to a moment that will change their friendship forever. Summer and Lawrence hang out together for the first time, and Freddy helps Mr. Finn with a problem.
Saturday, January 21
- Phylicia Rashad (The Cosby Show/Cosby) - Phylicia will be featured on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Watch Allison on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- William Shatner ($h*! My Dad Says) and Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Arrested Development/Out of Practice) - William and Henry are guests on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jade Catta-Preta (Manhattan Love Story) - Jade is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Wendi McClendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Justina Machado (One Day at a Time) - Justina will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry and Rebecca Romjin talk about Love Locks on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. Jerry will also be on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT and on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Retta (Parks and Recreation) - Retta talks about Girlfriend's Guide to Divorce on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.