Wednesday, January 20, 2016
COZI TV Gets Little House on the Prairie for September 2016; Miami Vice Episodes with the Late Glenn Frey
Laura Ingalls and the entire Ingalls family return to our hearts and minds this fall as they make their debut on COZI TV, with the announcement that Little House on the Prairie will launch on the network in September. The popular western drama series, starring Melissa Gilbert as Laura Ingalls and Michael Landon as her father, Charles Ingalls, tells the story of a family living on a farm in Walnut Grove, Minnesota during the 1870s and 1880s. The winner of four Emmy awards, Little House on the Prairie aired on NBC from 1974 to 1982. Adapted from Laura Ingalls Wilder's biographical best-selling Little House books, the series introduces the central characters, Charles Ingalls and his wife, Caroline, along with their four daughters, Mary, Laura, Carrie and Grace. The series follows the family from Laura's childhood through her adulthood and marriage to Almanzo Wilder, affectionately referred to as Manny by Laura, with whom she later starts a family of her own. Upon hearing of Laura's heart-warming story in the early 1970s, NBC executive and television producer, Ed Friendly, asked Michael Landon to direct the pilot movie that preceded the series. Landon agreed as long as he could play Charles Ingalls and proceeded to direct 87 of the 203 episodes that aired. The character of Charles Ingalls was later ranked fourth in TV Guide's list of the "50 Greatest TV Dads of All Time."
Sticking to COZI TV news, COZI TV will air special programming all this week in memory of the late Eagles legend Glenn Frey, who passed away Monday. Beginning yesterday and throughout the week, the network will air the Miami Vice episodes that Frey either acted in or his music was featured in as a tribute to his life. Miami Vice had only been on the air for a few months when the show's creator, Michael Mann, heard Frey's hit "Smuggler's Blues" on the air. Frey made his acting debut on Miami Vice as Jimmy Cole, who provided transport for smugglers. Catch these episodes the rest of the week:
Wednesday, January 20 at 11 PM
The Miami Vice episode "Smuggler's Blues" features Frey appearing in his on-camera role of Jimmy Cole.
Thursday, January 21 at 11 PM
The Miami Vice two-part episode "The Prodigal Son" features Frey's hit "You Belong to the City."
Friday, January 22 at 11 PM
The Miami Vice episode "Nobody Lives Forever" includes Frey's hit "New Love."
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, September 29
Superstore - "Back to Work" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Jeff (recurring guest star Michael Bunin), the district manager from corporate, tells the Cloud 9 employees he is going to be around for the day to see what can improve in the store. Amy (America Ferrera) tries to impress him with a perfect day, but a workplace accident threatens her plan. Meanwhile, Glenn (Mark McKinney) tries to come off as a tough boss in front of Jeff, Jonah (Ben Feldman) attempts to help an unyielding Dina (Lauren Ash) win over the employees she betrayed in the strike and Mateo (Nico Santos) discovers something about Jeff in his pursuit to win him over.
The Good Place - "Jason Mendoza" (NBC, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Eleanor (Kristen Bell) faces her toughest test yet in her attempt to remain in hiding. Meanwhile, Michael (Ted Danson) enlists Tahani (Jameela Jamil) to help a fellow neighbor fulfill her true purpose.
The Big Bang Theory - "The Earworm Reverberation" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Sheldon has a revelation when he realizes why a song was stuck in his head. Also, Amy invites Dave (Stephen Merchant) over for dinner despite their previously awkward date, and Wolowitz and Koothrappali become obsessed with a fan of their band, “Footprints on the Moon.”
Kevin Can Wait - "Pilot" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Kevin James stars as a newly retired police officer looking forward to spending carefree, quality time with his wife and three kids, only to find he faces tougher challenges at home than he ever did on the streets.
Better Things - "Woman Is the Something of the Something" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Sam gets really looked at.
Thursday, September 29
- Judith Light (Transparent/Phenom/Who's the Boss?) - Catch Judith on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Tim Meadows (Son of Zorn/Marry Me/The Michael Richards Show) - Tim appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 3pm.
- Max Greenfield (New Girl/Modern Men) - Max drops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community), Dave Foley (Dr. Ken/NewsRadio) and Suzy Nakamura (Dr. Ken/Go On) - Ken, Dave and Suzy are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight. Ken will also be on Harry, so check your local listings.
- January Jones (The Last Man on Earth) - January stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Sarah Jessica Parker (Divorce/Sex and the City/Square Pegs) - Sarah appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Holland Taylor (Two and a Half Men/The Powers That Be) - Holland talks about The Front Page on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Jamie-Lynn Sigler (Guys with Kids) - Jamie-Lynn is a guest on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York sometime between 7-10am and on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.