Wednesday, January 20, 2016
COZI TV Gets Little House on the Prairie for September 2016; Miami Vice Episodes with the Late Glenn Frey
Laura Ingalls and the entire Ingalls family return to our hearts and minds this fall as they make their debut on COZI TV, with the announcement that Little House on the Prairie will launch on the network in September. The popular western drama series, starring Melissa Gilbert as Laura Ingalls and Michael Landon as her father, Charles Ingalls, tells the story of a family living on a farm in Walnut Grove, Minnesota during the 1870s and 1880s. The winner of four Emmy awards, Little House on the Prairie aired on NBC from 1974 to 1982. Adapted from Laura Ingalls Wilder's biographical best-selling Little House books, the series introduces the central characters, Charles Ingalls and his wife, Caroline, along with their four daughters, Mary, Laura, Carrie and Grace. The series follows the family from Laura's childhood through her adulthood and marriage to Almanzo Wilder, affectionately referred to as Manny by Laura, with whom she later starts a family of her own. Upon hearing of Laura's heart-warming story in the early 1970s, NBC executive and television producer, Ed Friendly, asked Michael Landon to direct the pilot movie that preceded the series. Landon agreed as long as he could play Charles Ingalls and proceeded to direct 87 of the 203 episodes that aired. The character of Charles Ingalls was later ranked fourth in TV Guide's list of the "50 Greatest TV Dads of All Time."
Sticking to COZI TV news, COZI TV will air special programming all this week in memory of the late Eagles legend Glenn Frey, who passed away Monday. Beginning yesterday and throughout the week, the network will air the Miami Vice episodes that Frey either acted in or his music was featured in as a tribute to his life. Miami Vice had only been on the air for a few months when the show's creator, Michael Mann, heard Frey's hit "Smuggler's Blues" on the air. Frey made his acting debut on Miami Vice as Jimmy Cole, who provided transport for smugglers. Catch these episodes the rest of the week:
Wednesday, January 20 at 11 PM
The Miami Vice episode "Smuggler's Blues" features Frey appearing in his on-camera role of Jimmy Cole.
Thursday, January 21 at 11 PM
The Miami Vice two-part episode "The Prodigal Son" features Frey's hit "You Belong to the City."
Friday, January 22 at 11 PM
The Miami Vice episode "Nobody Lives Forever" includes Frey's hit "New Love."
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, April 29
Henry Danger - "Stuck in Two Holes" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Whaaaat?!? Captain Man and Kid Danger are each stuck in a hole?!? Charlotte and Jasper better go help, 'cuz Schwoz is takin' a bean bath!
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "I Want My Mae B. Back" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After Mae starts to spend more time with her new boyfriend, Dawn begins to get jealous so enlists Nicky, Ricky, and Dicky to help separate them so that she can have her friend back.
Sunday, April 30
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- America Ferrera (Superstore) - America drops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ike Barinholtz (The Mindy Project) - Ike appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Joel McHale (The Great Indoors/Community) - Joel is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jake Johnson (New Girl) - Jake visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Hank Azaria (Brockmire/The Simpsons/Free Agents) - Hank stops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Al Madrigal (About a Boy/Welcome to the Captain/Gary Unmarried) - Al appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ashton Kutcher (The Ranch/Two and a Half Men/That '70s Show) - Ashton appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison teams up with Mario Batali to make a cheesy, decadent Gnocchi Al Telefono and dishes about her new Broadway show on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Charlie Hunnam (Undeclared) - Charlie will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 11:15am.
- Nick Robinson (Melissa & Joey) - Nick talks about his new film Everything, Everything on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.