Thursday, January 21, 2016
The casts of several of the most iconic comedy series of all time will be participating in NBC's special Must See TV: A Tribute to James Burrows, which will air Sunday, Feb. 21 from 9-11 p.m. ET/PT. Burrows is recognized as TV's most accomplished sitcom director. Burrows made his TV sitcom directing debut with a 1974 episode of The Mary Tyler Moore Show. He is probably best known for his work on Taxi, Cheers, Frasier and Will & Grace, which collectively earned him 10 Emmy Awards and four DGA Awards. He directed the pilots for all four series as well as for such other long-running comedies as Friends, The Big Bang Theory, Two and a Half Men and Mike & Molly. The Feb. 21 special will celebrate Burrows' 1,000th episode with his new NBC comedy Crowded, in which he also serves as an executive producer.
Scheduled to be in attendance will be the casts of the following shows. Others may also be added.
· Cheers - Ted Danson, Shelley Long, Bebe Neuwirth, Rhea Perlman, John Ratzenberger, George Wendt (Kirstie Alley, Woody Harrelson in pre-taped segments)
· Friends - Jennifer Aniston, Courteney Cox, Lisa Kudrow, Matt LeBlanc, David Schwimmer (Matthew Perry in pre-taped segment)
· Frasier - Peri Gilpin, Jane Leeves, David Hyde Pierce (Kelsey Grammer in pre-taped segment)
· Will & Grace - Sean Hayes, Eric McCormack, Debra Messing, Megan Mullally
· Taxi - Tony Danza, Danny DeVito, Marilu Henner, Judd Hirsch, Carol Kane, Christopher Lloyd
· The Big Bang Theory - Kaley Cuoco, Johnny Galecki, Simon Helberg, Jim Parsons
· Wings - Tony Shalhoub, Steven Weber
· Mike & Molly - Billy Gardell, Melissa McCarthy, Katy Mixon, Nyambi Nyambi, Reno Wilson
· Two and a Half Men - Jon Cryer, Charlie Sheen
· Crowded - Carlease Burke, Stacy Keach, Carrie Preston, Mia Serafino, Patrick Warburton
Others in attendance include JB Smoove, Jason Bateman, Valerie Bertinelli, Kate Flannery and Will Arnett. Bob Newhart will participate in a pre-taped segment.
227 is headed to Centric with a huge marathon event this weekend! This comedy starring Marla Gibbs, Regina King, and Jackée Harry follows a nosy Washington D.C. housewife, Mary Jenkins, who can't stop dishing the 'T' and meddling in the lives of her fellow inner city apartment building residents. The hit '80s sitcom will premiere on Centric on Saturday, January 23 at 11pm and will run through 5:30pm on Monday, January 25! That's a whole lotta episodes, child! The series will then air weekdays from 3-6pm beginning on Tuesday, Jan. 26. Then on Friday, Jan. 29, Centric will have a Bernie Mac launch marathon as the sitcom is back and will air a marathon from 10am-9pm and some weekend blocks that weekend as well, such as Saturday, Jan. 30 from 12pm-8pm. Bernie will then air weekdays from 10am-12:30pm beginning on Monday, Feb. 1. Family Matters will remain from 12:30pm-3pm. As we mentioned, 227 will air 3-6pm. Steve Harvey Show will be off the schedule come Feb. 1. Both new additions already air on sister network MTV2.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, December 10
Saturday, December 10
- Dennis Haskins (Saved by the Bell/Saved by the Bell: The New Class) - Dennis will be featured on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- Jennifer Lawrence (The Bill Engvall Show) - Watch Jennifer Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Bryan Cranston (Malcolm in the Middle) - Bryan is a guest on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He also chats about the film Why Him? on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- John Goodman (Roseanne/Normal, Ohio) - John appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Chris visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Olivia Munn (Perfect Couples) - Olivia is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS. She joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Matthew Perry (The Odd Couple/Go On/Mr. Sunshine) - Matthew stops by The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Will talks about Collateral Beauty on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Out of Practice/Arrested Development) - Henry will be on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Megan Mullally (Will & Grace) - Megan is a guest on the AOL Build Show at 4pm.