Tuesday, June 30, 2015
There is a special episode of Home & Family airing today (Tuesday, June 30) at 10am on the Hallmark Channel that reunited some of the stars of the hit sitcoms Soap and Benson. The tribute to living legend Robert Guillaume (Benson, Soap) features guests Katherine Helmond (Soap), Robert Mandan (Soap), Jay Johnson (with puppet Bob!) (Soap), Rene Auberjonois (Benson) and Missy Gold (Benson). But that's not all! There was a video from Billy Crystal (Soap) and he congratulated Robert on his surprise award from the Hollywood Appreciation Society. If you missed the episode, watch the encore tomorrow (Wednesday, July 1) at 12 noon, but you can also watch a clip below:
H&F Photo Credit:
Copyright 2015 Crown Media Family Networks/Photographer: Jeremy Lee
FremantleMedia North America's new digital multicast network, BUZZR, is set to celebrate Independence Day with a lineup of some of America's favorite game shows, but this time with a special twist! Airing in primetime at 8:00 PM ET/5:00 PM PT with a re-airing at 11:00 PM ET/8:00 PM PT, viewers will be pulled into the game show time capsule with 4th of July episodes from decades past. The patriotic celebration will kick off with the memorable July 4, 1985 episode of Body Language, featuring host, Tom Kennedy and some familiar celebrity faces, including Lisa Bonet (The Cosby Show) and Jason Bateman (It's Your Move). The festivities will continue with episodes of Match Game, Press Your Luck, Card Sharks, Super Password and Password Plus, making this special television event the perfect post-fireworks party!
Episode airtimes are as follows:
8:00 PM ET/5:00 PM PT Body Language (July 4, 1985)
8:30 PM ET/5:30 PM PT Match Game (July 4, 1974)
9:00 PM ET/6:00 PM PT Press Your Luck (July 4, 1985)
9:30 PM ET/6:30 PM PT Card Sharks (July 4, 1980)
10:00 PM ET/7:00 PM PT Super Password (July 4, 1985)
10:30 PM ET/7:30 PM PT Password Plus (July 4, 1980)
Monday, June 29, 2015
More Celebs Lined Up for TLC's Who Do You Think You Are?; TBS Orders Comedic Late Night Series from Funny Or Die
The two-time Emmy nominated series Who Do You Think You Are? returns this summer to share more fascinating stories, and shed light on surprising revelations, of the real life family history of celebrities. Executive Produced by Lisa Kudrow and Dan Bucatinsky, the new season premieres Sunday, July 26 at 9/8c. The celebrities featured are: Tom Bergeron (Dancing with the Stars), who is aware of his French Canadian roots on his paternal side, but wants to know what brought his ancestors to North America. He goes as far back as his 10x great grandmother to find the answer. Bryan Cranston (Breaking Bad), who comes to discover an unfortunate pattern amongst the men in his family. Ginnifer Goodwin (Once Upon a Time), who sets out to learn about her mysterious paternal great grandparents, whom her father, regretfully, does not know much about either. Alfre Woodard (State of Affairs), who strives to find out more about the paternal side of her family, and explores how her surname came to be. Additionally, TLC will air the U.S. premiere of J.K. Rowling's (Harry Potter author) episode of the series, where the best-selling author sets off to uncover her maternal French roots. She finds that a family war story might not be what she thought when military records reveal a surprising twist.
Ancestry, the leading family history company, is teaming up again with TLC as a sponsor of the upcoming season. As part of the show sponsorship, Ancestry provides exhaustive family history research on each of the featured celebrities to help make discoveries possible and build out the story of each episode.
TBS is about to bring some stormy competition to late night with the brand new series Funny Or Die Presents America's Next Weatherman, produced by Funny Or Die, Mark Burnett and United Artists Media Group (UAMG). Funny Or Die Presents America's Next Weatherman features 12 competitors vying for a job as America's next great weathercaster. Matt Oberg (The Comedians) hosts the competition, which will be judged by longtime weather personalities Johnny Mountain (KABC, KCBS) and Jillian Barberie (Good Day LA). The series is set to premiere Saturday, Aug. 8, at 11 p.m. (ET/PT) on TBS, with availability across TBS's on-demand, digital and mobile platforms the following day. Funny Or Die Presents America's Next Weatherman marries the comedic and subversive voice of Funny Or Die with the production value and compelling storytelling of a show from Mark Burnett. Each classic reality show element - from the physical challenges to the dramatic vote-offs - will be tweaked through the Funny Or Die prism to create an original viewing experience. However, the stakes are 100% real as the contestants will be vying for $100,000 and an appearance on TBS's sister network CNN forecasting the national weather for the morning show New Day. TBS has ordered eight one-hour episodes of Funny Or Die Presents America's Next Weatherman, which is based on a concept and format by the creative teams at Funny Or Die and UAMG, including Seth Morris (Kroll Show), who will serve as a producer on the show. Funny Or Die's Mike Farah and Joe Farrell serve as executive producers, along with Mark Burnett and Dean Houser.
Sunday, June 28, 2015
|Summer Week 5 (June 22-28) How the Sitcoms Did|
|(Sun comedies are previous week and Fri/Sat are prelim ratings)|
|Sorted by 18-49 Rtg|
|Title||Network||Time||Day||Total Viewers||18-49 Rtg||Notes|
|Mike & Molly||CBS||8:30PM||Mon||4,770,000||0.92||REPEAT|
|2 Broke Girls||CBS||8:00PM||Mon||4,440,000||0.77||REPEAT|
|Fresh off the Boat||ABC||8:00PM||Tue||3,140,000||0.72||REPEAT|
|The Big Bang Theory||CBS||8:00PM||Thu||preempted|
|Mike & Molly||CBS||9:30PM||Thu||preempted|
|The Odd Couple||CBS||8:30PM||Thu||preempted|
|Golan the Insatiable||Fox||9:30PM||Sun||preempted|
|The Big Bang Theory||CBS||9:00PM||Thu||preempted|
|One Big Happy||NBC||9:30PM||Tue||canceled|
|About a Boy||NBC||9:30PM||Tue||canceled|
|The Mindy Project||Fox||9:30PM||Tue||canceled|
|A to Z||NBC||9:30PM||Thu||canceled|
|Manhattan Love Story||ABC||8:30PM||Tue||canceled|
|Two and a Half Men||CBS||9:00PM||Thu||canceled|
|Parks & Recreation||NBC||10:00PM||Tue||canceled|
|The Last Man on Earth||Fox||9:30PM||Sun||completed|
|Last Man Standing||ABC||8:00PM||Fri||completed|
SOURCE: Nielsen Media Research
Saturday, June 27, 2015
SitcomsOnline Digest: Nashville to Head to AXS TV; Beverly Hills, 90210 to Get an Unauthorized Story; Growing Pains Season 5 to Arrive on DVD in July
HIGHLIGHTS FROM SITCOMSONLINE.COM AND AROUND THE WEB
- Reruns of the series Nashville will be heading to cable soon on AXS TV. (Deadline)
- It looks as if Lifetime is going to keep milking the "Unauthorized Stories" franchise of movies, as they are now working on an Unauthorized Beverly Hills, 90210 Story.
- We've accepted for years that Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy are the two hottest shows on syndication, but Family Feud has been creeping up on them both, and last week, Family Feud topped the ratings for syndicated series. (Cinema Blend)
- Dick Van Patten died this week at the age of 86. (NPR)
- Character actor Tony Longo, who appeared in series such as Alice and Laverne & Shirley, also died this week. (Hollywood Reporter)
- With the Confederate flag being removed everywhere this week, Warner Bros has announced that they too will remove the Confederate flag from merchandise based upon the series Dukes of Hazzard. (Deadline)
- TV Land continued their re-branding this week with a new logo, yet another reminder that TV Land is absolutely nothing like the network it was 19 years ago (or even five years ago). (SitcomsOnline)
HOME MEDIA HIGHLIGHTS
- Fans of Growing Pains have had to wait, on average, over two years between each release (there were five years between the release of the first season and second season even). But now, only three months after the release of the fourth season, it looks like the fifth season will come sometime next month.
- The Donna Reed Show - Season Three (DVD, $29.99): MPI comes "full circle" with their re-releases of the classic sitcom, with this completing the first five seasons of the series on MPI. Seasons six, seven, and eight remain in the hands of Sony, and we're hopeful that something can be worked out to get those released.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, February 22
The Goldbergs - "So Swayze It's Crazy" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
After Adam sees his friend on television, he asks Beverly for her help to become an actor, so Beverly enlists his friend’s mom Edie, who is a kid talent agent in town. Unfortunately, Edie insists Adam can only get “nerd” roles, so Beverly goes on a quest to make Adam a teenage heartthrob. Meanwhile, Barry decides to embrace the punk lifestyle, and Murray attempts to become more involved in Erica’s life, but it backfires.
Speechless - "O-S-- OSCAR P-A-- PARTY" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When the Dimeos throw their annual Oscar party with other special-needs families, Maya feels threatened by new mom Becca, who seems a little too perfect. Meanwhile, Jimmy encourages the fathers at the party to let loose while Ray tries to impress a girl by pretending to be someone he is not.
Modern Family - "Heavy Is the Head" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Despite their lofty hopes, Phil and Jay’s property investment might turn out to be a bust, forcing Phil to rethink his original dream. Meanwhile, Cam lands in the hospital due to a head injury and refuses to have an MRI thanks to a traumatic incident with a well when he was a child. Determined to finally impress Claire and keep her from re-gifting her birthday present, Gloria surprises her with a day of luxury at the office. However, after Claire had to implement some rather harsh budget cuts at work, a massage at her desk may not be sending the right message.
black-ish - "One Angry Man" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Dre is forced to participate in jury duty after Junior responds to the summons that was thrown away. The case is supposed to be open and shut, but when Dre sees that the defendant is a young African American, he feels a civic responsibility to give him a fair trial. Meanwhile, Bow decides to let the kids swear in the house since they are more open with her that way, but she and Ruby soon regret the decision.
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - "The Gang Tends Bar" (FXX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
It's Valentine's Day and Paddy's is packed with customers. Dennis implores the gang to do one day of actual work but everyone else is distracted by a mystery crate Cricket spotted in the alley. Eventually, the gang becomes convinced Dennis really wants them to work on their relationships and everyone shares their grievances without much resolution.
Man Seeking Woman - "Dolphin" (FXX, 10:30PM ET/PT)
When her mom becomes obsessed with Josh's wedding, Liz seeks out her estranged father (Peter Gallagher).
Schitt's Creek - "General Store" (Pop, 8:00PM ET/PT)
David comes up with a new business venture; Alexis adjusts to her first day of school.
Wednesday, February 22
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) and George Clooney (The Facts of Life/Roseanne) - Tom and George are guests on a repeat of the 2012 Jimmy Kimmel Live: After the Oscars special at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Ariana Grande (Sam & Cat) - Ariana drops by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community) - Ken visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Kelly Ripa (Hope & Faith) - Kelly is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Billy Gardell (Mike & Molly)- Billy appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Terry stops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He also talks about Ultimate Beastmaster on NBC's Today in the 9am hour and on the AOL Build Show at 2pm.
- Ron Funches (Powerless/Undateable) - Ron is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Demi Lovato (Sonny with a Chance) - Demi appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - NeNe guest co-hosts The Real, so check your local listings.
- Matt Shively (The Real O'Neals/True Jackson, VP) - Matt is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Justin Bartha (The New Normal) - Justin joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth/The Cleveland Show) - Will talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. He will also be on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York sometime between 7-10am.
- Rosie Perez (Search Party) - Rosie is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 11:30am ET.
- Allison Williams (Girls) - Allison appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Yvette Nicole Brown (The Odd Couple/Community) - Yvette dishes about the new season of SuperMansion on Crackle on The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.
- Mike Epps (Uncle Buck/Survivor's Remorse) - Mike is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Eva Longoria (Telenovela) - Eva chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Mark Consuelos (Hope & Faith) - Mark guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.