Tuesday, June 30, 2015
There is a special episode of Home & Family airing today (Tuesday, June 30) at 10am on the Hallmark Channel that reunited some of the stars of the hit sitcoms Soap and Benson. The tribute to living legend Robert Guillaume (Benson, Soap) features guests Katherine Helmond (Soap), Robert Mandan (Soap), Jay Johnson (with puppet Bob!) (Soap), Rene Auberjonois (Benson) and Missy Gold (Benson). But that's not all! There was a video from Billy Crystal (Soap) and he congratulated Robert on his surprise award from the Hollywood Appreciation Society. If you missed the episode, watch the encore tomorrow (Wednesday, July 1) at 12 noon, but you can also watch a clip below:
H&F Photo Credit:
Copyright 2015 Crown Media Family Networks/Photographer: Jeremy Lee
FremantleMedia North America's new digital multicast network, BUZZR, is set to celebrate Independence Day with a lineup of some of America's favorite game shows, but this time with a special twist! Airing in primetime at 8:00 PM ET/5:00 PM PT with a re-airing at 11:00 PM ET/8:00 PM PT, viewers will be pulled into the game show time capsule with 4th of July episodes from decades past. The patriotic celebration will kick off with the memorable July 4, 1985 episode of Body Language, featuring host, Tom Kennedy and some familiar celebrity faces, including Lisa Bonet (The Cosby Show) and Jason Bateman (It's Your Move). The festivities will continue with episodes of Match Game, Press Your Luck, Card Sharks, Super Password and Password Plus, making this special television event the perfect post-fireworks party!
Episode airtimes are as follows:
8:00 PM ET/5:00 PM PT Body Language (July 4, 1985)
8:30 PM ET/5:30 PM PT Match Game (July 4, 1974)
9:00 PM ET/6:00 PM PT Press Your Luck (July 4, 1985)
9:30 PM ET/6:30 PM PT Card Sharks (July 4, 1980)
10:00 PM ET/7:00 PM PT Super Password (July 4, 1985)
10:30 PM ET/7:30 PM PT Password Plus (July 4, 1980)
Monday, June 29, 2015
More Celebs Lined Up for TLC's Who Do You Think You Are?; TBS Orders Comedic Late Night Series from Funny Or Die
The two-time Emmy nominated series Who Do You Think You Are? returns this summer to share more fascinating stories, and shed light on surprising revelations, of the real life family history of celebrities. Executive Produced by Lisa Kudrow and Dan Bucatinsky, the new season premieres Sunday, July 26 at 9/8c. The celebrities featured are: Tom Bergeron (Dancing with the Stars), who is aware of his French Canadian roots on his paternal side, but wants to know what brought his ancestors to North America. He goes as far back as his 10x great grandmother to find the answer. Bryan Cranston (Breaking Bad), who comes to discover an unfortunate pattern amongst the men in his family. Ginnifer Goodwin (Once Upon a Time), who sets out to learn about her mysterious paternal great grandparents, whom her father, regretfully, does not know much about either. Alfre Woodard (State of Affairs), who strives to find out more about the paternal side of her family, and explores how her surname came to be. Additionally, TLC will air the U.S. premiere of J.K. Rowling's (Harry Potter author) episode of the series, where the best-selling author sets off to uncover her maternal French roots. She finds that a family war story might not be what she thought when military records reveal a surprising twist.
Ancestry, the leading family history company, is teaming up again with TLC as a sponsor of the upcoming season. As part of the show sponsorship, Ancestry provides exhaustive family history research on each of the featured celebrities to help make discoveries possible and build out the story of each episode.
TBS is about to bring some stormy competition to late night with the brand new series Funny Or Die Presents America's Next Weatherman, produced by Funny Or Die, Mark Burnett and United Artists Media Group (UAMG). Funny Or Die Presents America's Next Weatherman features 12 competitors vying for a job as America's next great weathercaster. Matt Oberg (The Comedians) hosts the competition, which will be judged by longtime weather personalities Johnny Mountain (KABC, KCBS) and Jillian Barberie (Good Day LA). The series is set to premiere Saturday, Aug. 8, at 11 p.m. (ET/PT) on TBS, with availability across TBS's on-demand, digital and mobile platforms the following day. Funny Or Die Presents America's Next Weatherman marries the comedic and subversive voice of Funny Or Die with the production value and compelling storytelling of a show from Mark Burnett. Each classic reality show element - from the physical challenges to the dramatic vote-offs - will be tweaked through the Funny Or Die prism to create an original viewing experience. However, the stakes are 100% real as the contestants will be vying for $100,000 and an appearance on TBS's sister network CNN forecasting the national weather for the morning show New Day. TBS has ordered eight one-hour episodes of Funny Or Die Presents America's Next Weatherman, which is based on a concept and format by the creative teams at Funny Or Die and UAMG, including Seth Morris (Kroll Show), who will serve as a producer on the show. Funny Or Die's Mike Farah and Joe Farrell serve as executive producers, along with Mark Burnett and Dean Houser.
Sunday, June 28, 2015
|Summer Week 5 (June 22-28) How the Sitcoms Did|
|(Sun comedies are previous week and Fri/Sat are prelim ratings)|
|Sorted by 18-49 Rtg|
|Title||Network||Time||Day||Total Viewers||18-49 Rtg||Notes|
|Mike & Molly||CBS||8:30PM||Mon||4,770,000||0.92||REPEAT|
|2 Broke Girls||CBS||8:00PM||Mon||4,440,000||0.77||REPEAT|
|Fresh off the Boat||ABC||8:00PM||Tue||3,140,000||0.72||REPEAT|
|The Big Bang Theory||CBS||8:00PM||Thu||preempted|
|Mike & Molly||CBS||9:30PM||Thu||preempted|
|The Odd Couple||CBS||8:30PM||Thu||preempted|
|Golan the Insatiable||Fox||9:30PM||Sun||preempted|
|The Big Bang Theory||CBS||9:00PM||Thu||preempted|
|One Big Happy||NBC||9:30PM||Tue||canceled|
|About a Boy||NBC||9:30PM||Tue||canceled|
|The Mindy Project||Fox||9:30PM||Tue||canceled|
|A to Z||NBC||9:30PM||Thu||canceled|
|Manhattan Love Story||ABC||8:30PM||Tue||canceled|
|Two and a Half Men||CBS||9:00PM||Thu||canceled|
|Parks & Recreation||NBC||10:00PM||Tue||canceled|
|The Last Man on Earth||Fox||9:30PM||Sun||completed|
|Last Man Standing||ABC||8:00PM||Fri||completed|
SOURCE: Nielsen Media Research
Saturday, June 27, 2015
SitcomsOnline Digest: Nashville to Head to AXS TV; Beverly Hills, 90210 to Get an Unauthorized Story; Growing Pains Season 5 to Arrive on DVD in July
HIGHLIGHTS FROM SITCOMSONLINE.COM AND AROUND THE WEB
- Reruns of the series Nashville will be heading to cable soon on AXS TV. (Deadline)
- It looks as if Lifetime is going to keep milking the "Unauthorized Stories" franchise of movies, as they are now working on an Unauthorized Beverly Hills, 90210 Story.
- We've accepted for years that Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy are the two hottest shows on syndication, but Family Feud has been creeping up on them both, and last week, Family Feud topped the ratings for syndicated series. (Cinema Blend)
- Dick Van Patten died this week at the age of 86. (NPR)
- Character actor Tony Longo, who appeared in series such as Alice and Laverne & Shirley, also died this week. (Hollywood Reporter)
- With the Confederate flag being removed everywhere this week, Warner Bros has announced that they too will remove the Confederate flag from merchandise based upon the series Dukes of Hazzard. (Deadline)
- TV Land continued their re-branding this week with a new logo, yet another reminder that TV Land is absolutely nothing like the network it was 19 years ago (or even five years ago). (SitcomsOnline)
HOME MEDIA HIGHLIGHTS
- Fans of Growing Pains have had to wait, on average, over two years between each release (there were five years between the release of the first season and second season even). But now, only three months after the release of the fourth season, it looks like the fifth season will come sometime next month.
- The Donna Reed Show - Season Three (DVD, $29.99): MPI comes "full circle" with their re-releases of the classic sitcom, with this completing the first five seasons of the series on MPI. Seasons six, seven, and eight remain in the hands of Sony, and we're hopeful that something can be worked out to get those released.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, January 23
Kevin Can Wait - "Choke Doubt" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Kevin brags about saving a man from choking after hearing how much attention his brother Kyle is receiving for saving a cat. Adam Ferrara guest stars as Bill, a man Kevin saves from choking, and “The Insider” correspondent Michael Yo guest stars as Tom, a morning show anchor who interviews Kyle.
Man with a Plan - "The Talk" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Adam and Andi have the dreaded “talk” with Teddy and Kate, their awkward approach makes the kids horribly uncomfortable.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Emergency Contractor" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Max and Caroline get home from their road trip, Caroline discovers she likes the dessert bar renovations as much as she likes Bobby (Christopher Gorham), the contractor on the job. Also, Max rushes to Randy’s side when she hears he’s in the hospital in New York City, and Sophie joins a mommy group that cares more about partying than baby talk.
The Big Bang Theory - "The Conjugal Conjecture" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After Sheldon’s mother and Leonard's father share an evening together, everyone deals with an awkward morning the next day. Also, Penny’s family arrives for the wedding ceremony, including her anxiety-ridden mother, Susan (Katey Sagal), and her drug dealing brother, Randall (Jack McBrayer). Dean Norris guest stars as Colonel Williams, an Air Force Representative from the Department of Materiel Command. Christine Baranski, Laurie Metcalf, Judd Hirsch and Keith Carradine return.
Monday, January 23
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Watch Allison on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- William Shatner ($h*! My Dad Says) and Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Arrested Development/Out of Practice) - William and Henry are guests on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jade Catta-Preta (Manhattan Love Story) - Jade is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Wendi McClendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Justina Machado (One Day at a Time) - Justina will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry and Rebecca Romjin talk about Love Locks on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. Jerry will also be on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT, on Access Hollywood Live (check your local listings) and on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Retta (Parks and Recreation) - Retta talks about Girlfriend's Guide to Divorce on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Kathryn Hahn (Happyish/Free Agents) - Kathryn will be on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.