Thursday, December 03, 2015
Come aboard! We're expecting you. A very special holiday reunion with the cast of The Love Boat on Hallmark Channel's Home & Family airs today (Thursday, December 3) at 10am. Joining aboard the holiday reunion are: Gavin MacLeod (Captain Stubing), Bernie Kopell (Doc), Fred Grandy (Gopher), Ted Lange (Isaac), Cynthia Lauren Tewes (Julie), Jill Whelan (Vicki), Charo and Jack Jones. Key segments include: Ted Lange and Fred Grandy provide holiday cocktails and a party spread; Charo treats us to a special musical performance; Cynthia Lauren Tewes cooks a delicious candied salmon side dish; family member Matt Iseman and Bernie Kopell share holiday travel maladies and travel tips; Jill Whelan and DIY expert Paige Hemmis make holiday ship in a bottle ornaments; Jill performs a medley of classic holiday songs.
FXX has ordered a third season of the critically-acclaimed comedy You're the Worst from Creator and Executive Producer Stephen Falk, who has reached an overall deal to develop and produce projects for FX Networks and FX Productions. The third season of You're the Worst will air on FXX in summer 2016. The multi-year overall deal will enable Falk to write, develop and produce television projects for FX Networks and FX Productions. You're the Worst is a modern look at love and happiness told through the eyes of two people who haven't been very successful with either. It's the story of Gretchen and Jimmy, fear, heartbreak, romance, sex, food, Los Angeles, Sunday Funday, friendship, and the fact that sometimes the worst people make the best partners. The series currently airs Wednesdays at 10:30pm ET/PT on FXX.
You're the Worst returned with an all-new episode last night, "Other Things You Could Be Doing" (December 2, 2015, 10:30 pm e/p on FXX) - Frustrated with Gretchen, Jimmy makes a tough choice. Lindsay comes to a decision about Paul. Edgar has his improv graduation show. Written by Stephen Falk; directed by Matt Shakman. The season finale ("The Heart is a Dumb-Dumb") airs next Wednesday, December 9 at 10:30 pm e/p on FXX. An original comedy from writer and executive producer Stephen Falk, You're the Worst puts a dark twist on the romantic comedy genre. Narcissistic, brash, and self-destructive Jimmy Shive-Overly (Chris Geere) has inadvertently found himself paired up with cynical, people-pleasing, and stubborn Gretchen Cutler (Aya Cash). After a whirlwind courtship that culminates in Gretchen burning her apartment down with a faulty "back massager," she and Jimmy are forced to take their relationship to the next level by moving in together (which neither of them are particularly thrilled about). Now they must learn how to live with each other when they can barely live with themselves.
Rounding out the cast are Desmin Borges, who plays Edgar Quintero, Jimmy's once homeless, war veteran roommate who's on a mission to redefine his relationship with Jimmy; and Kether Donohue as Lindsay Jillian, Gretchen's best friend and former partner in crime who's now struggling to find her identity after being dumped by her "lame, soft" husband.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, January 21
The Thundermans - "Better Off Wed" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
The kids learn that Dr. Colosso ruined their parents' wedding years earlier, and want to recreate Hank & Barb's dream day as their anniversary gift. However, Dr. Colosso remains a threat, and they must keep their plans a secret.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "Keeping Up with the Quadashians" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After binge watching their favorite reality TV show, the Quads decide their lives are every bit as "reality TV" worthy, and decide to make a show of their own. Guest Stars: Maddie Ziegler, Mackenzie Ziegler
School of Rock - "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Tomika and Zack work on a love song together, leading to a moment that will change their friendship forever. Summer and Lawrence hang out together for the first time, and Freddy helps Mr. Finn with a problem.
Saturday, January 21
- Phylicia Rashad (The Cosby Show/Cosby) - Phylicia will be featured on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Watch Allison on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- William Shatner ($h*! My Dad Says) and Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Arrested Development/Out of Practice) - William and Henry are guests on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jade Catta-Preta (Manhattan Love Story) - Jade is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Wendi McClendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Justina Machado (One Day at a Time) - Justina will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry and Rebecca Romjin talk about Love Locks on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. Jerry will also be on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT and on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Retta (Parks and Recreation) - Retta talks about Girlfriend's Guide to Divorce on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.