Thursday, December 03, 2015
Come aboard! We're expecting you. A very special holiday reunion with the cast of The Love Boat on Hallmark Channel's Home & Family airs today (Thursday, December 3) at 10am. Joining aboard the holiday reunion are: Gavin MacLeod (Captain Stubing), Bernie Kopell (Doc), Fred Grandy (Gopher), Ted Lange (Isaac), Cynthia Lauren Tewes (Julie), Jill Whelan (Vicki), Charo and Jack Jones. Key segments include: Ted Lange and Fred Grandy provide holiday cocktails and a party spread; Charo treats us to a special musical performance; Cynthia Lauren Tewes cooks a delicious candied salmon side dish; family member Matt Iseman and Bernie Kopell share holiday travel maladies and travel tips; Jill Whelan and DIY expert Paige Hemmis make holiday ship in a bottle ornaments; Jill performs a medley of classic holiday songs.
FXX has ordered a third season of the critically-acclaimed comedy You're the Worst from Creator and Executive Producer Stephen Falk, who has reached an overall deal to develop and produce projects for FX Networks and FX Productions. The third season of You're the Worst will air on FXX in summer 2016. The multi-year overall deal will enable Falk to write, develop and produce television projects for FX Networks and FX Productions. You're the Worst is a modern look at love and happiness told through the eyes of two people who haven't been very successful with either. It's the story of Gretchen and Jimmy, fear, heartbreak, romance, sex, food, Los Angeles, Sunday Funday, friendship, and the fact that sometimes the worst people make the best partners. The series currently airs Wednesdays at 10:30pm ET/PT on FXX.
You're the Worst returned with an all-new episode last night, "Other Things You Could Be Doing" (December 2, 2015, 10:30 pm e/p on FXX) - Frustrated with Gretchen, Jimmy makes a tough choice. Lindsay comes to a decision about Paul. Edgar has his improv graduation show. Written by Stephen Falk; directed by Matt Shakman. The season finale ("The Heart is a Dumb-Dumb") airs next Wednesday, December 9 at 10:30 pm e/p on FXX. An original comedy from writer and executive producer Stephen Falk, You're the Worst puts a dark twist on the romantic comedy genre. Narcissistic, brash, and self-destructive Jimmy Shive-Overly (Chris Geere) has inadvertently found himself paired up with cynical, people-pleasing, and stubborn Gretchen Cutler (Aya Cash). After a whirlwind courtship that culminates in Gretchen burning her apartment down with a faulty "back massager," she and Jimmy are forced to take their relationship to the next level by moving in together (which neither of them are particularly thrilled about). Now they must learn how to live with each other when they can barely live with themselves.
Rounding out the cast are Desmin Borges, who plays Edgar Quintero, Jimmy's once homeless, war veteran roommate who's on a mission to redefine his relationship with Jimmy; and Kether Donohue as Lindsay Jillian, Gretchen's best friend and former partner in crime who's now struggling to find her identity after being dumped by her "lame, soft" husband.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, December 8
The Big Bang Theory - "The Military Miniaturization" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Colonel Williams (Dean Norris), an Air Force representative from the Department of Material Command sits down to talk with Wolowitz.
The Great Indoors - "@Emma" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Emma quits after being turned down for a raise, Jack and Roland become the magazine’s newest and worst ever social media managers. Also, in a misguided attempt to boost business, Eddie re-brands his bar as “magic-themed.”
Mom - "Cornbread and a Cashmere Onesie" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Christy and Bonnie worry about Jill after her cry for help on the anniversary of her mother’s suicide.
Life in Pieces - "Swim Survivor Zen Talk" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When John decides to try out for “Survivor,” Tim gets jealous and attempts to undermine his audition tape. Also, Colleen confesses she can’t swim when she and Matt discuss Hawaii as a honeymoon destination; Jen pretends to get hooked on meditation so she can use the time to play cell phone games; and Heather gives Sophia the “sex” talk. “Survivor” host Jeff Probst guest stars as himself.
Thursday, December 8
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Catch Jennifer on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Lola Kirke (Mozart in the Jungle) - Lola is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Emeril Lagasse (Emeril) - Emeril guest co-hosts Rachael Ray and makes sausage-stuffed mushrooms, so check your local listings.
- Jodie Sweetin (Fuller House/Full House) and Andrea Barber (Fuller House/Full House) - Jodie and Andrea chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. Jodie joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Judah Friedlander (30 Rock) - Judah is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Lori Loughlin (Fuller House/Full House) - Lori is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT. She also talks about what to expect from Season 2 of Fuller House on People Now at 8:30am.
- Scott Patterson (Aliens in America) - Scott talks about Luke and Lorelai’s wedding scene from Gilmore Girls – and if he thinks the two will ever have a baby on People Now at 8:30am.
- Josh Radnor (How I Met Your Mother) - Josh is a guest on the AOL Build Show at 12pm.
- Emmanuelle Chriqui (Entourage) - Emanuelle appears the AOL Build Show 3:45pm.
- Gael Garcia Bernal (Mozart in the Jungle) - Gael is a guest on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Will appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.