Wednesday, December 09, 2015
OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network's and Tyler Perry's hit drama series The Haves and the Have Nots returns with all-new episodes on Tuesday, January 5 at 9pm ET/PT. Additionally, the popular Tyler Perry comedy series Love Thy Neighbor returns with new episodes on Friday, January 8 at 9pm ET/PT with two back-to-back episodes. The Haves and the Have Nots returns with Jim Cryer (John Schneider), his wife Katheryn (Renee Lawless) and their wealthy friends, David (Peter Parros) and Veronica Harrington (Angela Robinson), dealing with hard lessons they have sewed from past actions. Jim Cryer is rendered powerless for the first time in his life as the charges against him mount. Candace (Tika Sumpter) is haunted by a horrific crime that she and Jeffery (Gavin Houston) have committed and will stop at nothing to cover up the secret. Meanwhile, Hanna (Crystal Fox) continues to be a moral pillar for her family and co-workers.
Love Thy Neighbor kicks off as Danny (Andre Hall) returns from Las Vegas with a new wife and things become complicated when Linda refuses to accept her into the family. Still in love with Danny, Drew (Darmirra Brunson) is terribly jealous of Danny's new flame, and Sam (Jonathan Chase) is also not ready to lose his best friend. Meanwhile, Philip (Tony Grant), who would typically play the role of peacekeeper in the group, finds himself caught up dealing with Linda's mood swings (Kendra C. Johnson) as she faces her final days of pregnancy. Through it all, Hattie Mae (Patrice Lovely) and Floyd (Palmer Williams Jr.) attempt to keep things comedic with their ongoing jabs and feisty banter, but when Sam causes a major rift in his and Danny's friendship Sam is left questioning whether he may lose his best buddy forever.
Through its strategic partnership with Just for Laughs, The CW Network announced the brand new primetime comedy special Just For Laughs Starring Howie Mandel, featuring stand-up performances from comedians such as Jeff Ross, Pete Holmes, and Jim Breuer, which will premiere Monday, January 18 from 8:00-9:30 pm ET/PT on The CW. Additionally, hours of Just For Laughs content is now available on the network's digital studio, CW Seed (www.cwseed.com or The CW Seed App) including a new original digital series, The Elevator Talk Show with Pete Holmes, plus hours of classic stand-up from the past 15 years of the legendary Just For Laughs Festival. Recorded at the biggest comedy event in the world, the 2015 Just For Laughs Festival in Montreal, and hosted by Howie Mandel, this primetime special also showcases performances from Fortune Feimster, Vladimir Caamaño, and Marina Franklin. Additionally, the special includes comedians remembering some of their favorite moments from the festival over the past 30 years, which have featured Joan Rivers, Jon Stewart, and Eddie Izzard.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, October 20
Superstore - "Dog Adoption Day" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
After new parents Cheyenne (Nichole Bloom) and Bo (recurring guest star Johnny Pemberton) get into a fight, Amy (America Ferrera) and Glenn (Mark McKinney) take vastly different approaches in giving them advice. Meanwhile, Mateo (Nico Santos) and Jonah (Ben Feldman) get assigned to handle dog adoptions in the store and work feverishly to get all of the dogs adopted once they find out what will happen to the dogs if they don't. Dina (Lauren Ash) refuses to adjust Garrett's (Colton Dunn) timecard based on "store rules," leaving Garrett happy to taunt Dina in revenge.
The Good Place - "The Eternal Shriek" (NBC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Eleanor (Kristen Bell) and Chidi (William Jackson Harper) set off on a quest with Janet (D'Arcy Carden) as their guide. Meanwhile, Tahani (Jameela Jamil) attempts to show Michael (Ted Danson) how much he is appreciated.
Better Things - "Duke's Chorus" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Sam and the family go-to-meeting.
Thursday, October 20
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Catch Elijah on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Lena Dunham (Girls) - Lena is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Kroll (The League/Cavemen) - Nick appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- John Mulaney (Mulaney) - John is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Mila Kunis (That '70s Show/Family Guy) - Mila appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Joey/Friends) - Matt chats about Man with a Plan on CBS This Morning sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Randall Park (Fresh Off the Boat) - Randall is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Derek Theler (Baby Daddy) - Derek appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Patrice Lovely (Love Thy Neighbor) - Patrice visits Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Zach Galifianakis (Baskets) - Zach and the cast of Keeping Up with the Joneses will be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Wanda Sykes (The New Adventures of Old Christine/Wanda at Large) - Wanda will be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She also joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Victoria Justice (Victorious/Zoey 101) - Victoria talks about The Rocky Horror Picture Show on People Now at 8:30am.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Netflix's Good Girls Revolt on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Cobie Smulders (How I Met Your Mother) - Cobie is a guest on Harry on Netflix.