Wednesday, December 09, 2015
OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network's and Tyler Perry's hit drama series The Haves and the Have Nots returns with all-new episodes on Tuesday, January 5 at 9pm ET/PT. Additionally, the popular Tyler Perry comedy series Love Thy Neighbor returns with new episodes on Friday, January 8 at 9pm ET/PT with two back-to-back episodes. The Haves and the Have Nots returns with Jim Cryer (John Schneider), his wife Katheryn (Renee Lawless) and their wealthy friends, David (Peter Parros) and Veronica Harrington (Angela Robinson), dealing with hard lessons they have sewed from past actions. Jim Cryer is rendered powerless for the first time in his life as the charges against him mount. Candace (Tika Sumpter) is haunted by a horrific crime that she and Jeffery (Gavin Houston) have committed and will stop at nothing to cover up the secret. Meanwhile, Hanna (Crystal Fox) continues to be a moral pillar for her family and co-workers.
Love Thy Neighbor kicks off as Danny (Andre Hall) returns from Las Vegas with a new wife and things become complicated when Linda refuses to accept her into the family. Still in love with Danny, Drew (Darmirra Brunson) is terribly jealous of Danny's new flame, and Sam (Jonathan Chase) is also not ready to lose his best friend. Meanwhile, Philip (Tony Grant), who would typically play the role of peacekeeper in the group, finds himself caught up dealing with Linda's mood swings (Kendra C. Johnson) as she faces her final days of pregnancy. Through it all, Hattie Mae (Patrice Lovely) and Floyd (Palmer Williams Jr.) attempt to keep things comedic with their ongoing jabs and feisty banter, but when Sam causes a major rift in his and Danny's friendship Sam is left questioning whether he may lose his best buddy forever.
Through its strategic partnership with Just for Laughs, The CW Network announced the brand new primetime comedy special Just For Laughs Starring Howie Mandel, featuring stand-up performances from comedians such as Jeff Ross, Pete Holmes, and Jim Breuer, which will premiere Monday, January 18 from 8:00-9:30 pm ET/PT on The CW. Additionally, hours of Just For Laughs content is now available on the network's digital studio, CW Seed (www.cwseed.com or The CW Seed App) including a new original digital series, The Elevator Talk Show with Pete Holmes, plus hours of classic stand-up from the past 15 years of the legendary Just For Laughs Festival. Recorded at the biggest comedy event in the world, the 2015 Just For Laughs Festival in Montreal, and hosted by Howie Mandel, this primetime special also showcases performances from Fortune Feimster, Vladimir Caamaño, and Marina Franklin. Additionally, the special includes comedians remembering some of their favorite moments from the festival over the past 30 years, which have featured Joan Rivers, Jon Stewart, and Eddie Izzard.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, February 26
Son of Zorn - "All Hail Son of Zorn" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Seeing an opportunity to get Linda’s old job back, Zorn increases Sanitation Solutions’ business by tapping into the Zephyrian market. Alan tries to win Layla back by becoming Prom King – with Zorn’s help.
Bob's Burgers - "They Serve Horses, Don't They?" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After a tip from Jimmy Pesto (guest voice Jay Johnston), Bob secures a new meat provider who claims to save clients money on every order. The Belchers quickly realize that the situation is too good to be true, as they find themselves involved in a full-blown investigation, led by Hugo (guest voice Ken Marino) and Ron (guest voice Ron Lynch). Will Bob crack under the pressure or will he lead the investigators to a huge victory?
The Simpsons - "Havana Wild Weekend" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When the Retirement Castle and the V.A. Hospital can’t solve Grampa’s health issues, the Simpsons decide to take a family trip to Cuba to get him cheap medical care.
The Simpsons - "There Will Be Buds" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Homer gets roped into coaching the kids’ lacrosse team with Milhouse’s dad, Kirk, who is in desperate need of a friend. When Kirk gets too clingy, Homer vents about how much of a loser he is. Kirk overhears his rant and disappears, right when the team needs him most: the championship game.
Family Guy - "The Boys in the Band" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Stewie and Brian form a children’s band that quickly rises to fame until they let a girl get between them and drive the band apart. Meanwhile, Peter and Lois insist that Chris gets a job so he takes a job managing Quagmire’s sex life as his personal assistant.
Family Guy - "Bookie of the Year" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Brian and Lois decide it’s time for Chris to work out his anger management issues by taking up a sport. Chris surprises everyone and becomes a star baseball pitcher, which turns Peter into a gambling father, as he bets on his son’s baseball games. Meanwhile, Stewie, Brian and Frank Sinatra Jr. attempt to open an Italian restaurant .
Monday, February 27
- Keri Russell (Running Wilde) - Watch Keri on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Connie Britton (Spin City/The Fighting Fitzgeralds/Lost at Home) - Connie appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Slink Johnson (Black Jesus) - Slick is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation) - Adam drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Josh Henderson (One on One) - Josh appears on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo. He also talks about The Arrangement on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- David Hyde Pierce (Frasier) - David chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Leighton Meester (Making History) - Leighton stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly visits Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- John Lithgow (Trial & Error/Twenty Good Years/3rd Rock from the Sun) - John talks about Trial & Error on NBC's Today in the 9am hour and on the AOL Build Show at 1:30pm.
- Billy Gardell (Mike & Molly) - Billy dishes on how This is Us is following in Mike & Molly’s footsteps – and why both shows are so beloved on People Now at 8:30am.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) and Craig Robinson (The Office) - Lisa and Craig talk about their new film Table 19 on the AOL Build Show at 2:30pm.
- Sinbad (A Different World/The Sinbad Show) - Sinbad is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Bradley Whitford (Trophy Wife) - Bradley visits The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Craig Robinson (The Office/Mr. Robinson) - Craig appears on The Real, so check your local listings.