Wednesday, December 09, 2015
OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network's and Tyler Perry's hit drama series The Haves and the Have Nots returns with all-new episodes on Tuesday, January 5 at 9pm ET/PT. Additionally, the popular Tyler Perry comedy series Love Thy Neighbor returns with new episodes on Friday, January 8 at 9pm ET/PT with two back-to-back episodes. The Haves and the Have Nots returns with Jim Cryer (John Schneider), his wife Katheryn (Renee Lawless) and their wealthy friends, David (Peter Parros) and Veronica Harrington (Angela Robinson), dealing with hard lessons they have sewed from past actions. Jim Cryer is rendered powerless for the first time in his life as the charges against him mount. Candace (Tika Sumpter) is haunted by a horrific crime that she and Jeffery (Gavin Houston) have committed and will stop at nothing to cover up the secret. Meanwhile, Hanna (Crystal Fox) continues to be a moral pillar for her family and co-workers.
Love Thy Neighbor kicks off as Danny (Andre Hall) returns from Las Vegas with a new wife and things become complicated when Linda refuses to accept her into the family. Still in love with Danny, Drew (Darmirra Brunson) is terribly jealous of Danny's new flame, and Sam (Jonathan Chase) is also not ready to lose his best friend. Meanwhile, Philip (Tony Grant), who would typically play the role of peacekeeper in the group, finds himself caught up dealing with Linda's mood swings (Kendra C. Johnson) as she faces her final days of pregnancy. Through it all, Hattie Mae (Patrice Lovely) and Floyd (Palmer Williams Jr.) attempt to keep things comedic with their ongoing jabs and feisty banter, but when Sam causes a major rift in his and Danny's friendship Sam is left questioning whether he may lose his best buddy forever.
Through its strategic partnership with Just for Laughs, The CW Network announced the brand new primetime comedy special Just For Laughs Starring Howie Mandel, featuring stand-up performances from comedians such as Jeff Ross, Pete Holmes, and Jim Breuer, which will premiere Monday, January 18 from 8:00-9:30 pm ET/PT on The CW. Additionally, hours of Just For Laughs content is now available on the network's digital studio, CW Seed (www.cwseed.com or The CW Seed App) including a new original digital series, The Elevator Talk Show with Pete Holmes, plus hours of classic stand-up from the past 15 years of the legendary Just For Laughs Festival. Recorded at the biggest comedy event in the world, the 2015 Just For Laughs Festival in Montreal, and hosted by Howie Mandel, this primetime special also showcases performances from Fortune Feimster, Vladimir Caamaño, and Marina Franklin. Additionally, the special includes comedians remembering some of their favorite moments from the festival over the past 30 years, which have featured Joan Rivers, Jon Stewart, and Eddie Izzard.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, January 20
Last Man Standing - "A House Divided" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Mike and Vanessa ask newlyweds Mandy and Kyle to tone down their constant displays of affection, Mandy agrees but only if her parents become more discreet in the way they express their feelings to each other. Meanwhile, Kristen gets Eve a gig playing at the Grill, but Ed wants to fire her after a lackluster performance.
Dr. Ken - "A Day in the Life" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Amy (guest star Yvette Nicole Brown), the producer of a documentary health series, follows Ken around to record a typical day at an HMO, giving Ken his big moment in the limelight. But much to Ken’s chagrin, a series of the less than thrilling day-to-day parts of the job at Welltopia leads Ken to doubt his own career choice.
Friday, January 20
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Catch Anthony on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- JoAnna Garcia Swisher (Reba/Better with You) - JoAnna visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Jim Gaffigan (The Jim Gaffigan Show/My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim stops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela drops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community) - Ken is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He also appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Nicole Byer (Loosely, Exactly Nicole) - Nicole appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Joe Jonas (Jonas L.A.) - Joe guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Bernadette Peters (Mozart in the Jungle/All's Fair) - Bernadette is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Queen Latifah (Living Single) - Queen Latifah is a guest on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Andrew Dice Clay (Bless This House/Hitz) - Andrew stops by Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Johnny Galecki (The Big Bang Theory/Roseanne - Johnny discusses his role in the new film, Rings, and dishes on this season of The Big Bang Theory on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.