Tuesday, December 15, 2015
Miami Vice New Year's Marathon on El Rey Network; Remembering Marjorie Lord from Make Room for Daddy
Countdown to New Year's Eve with El Rey Network and this 2002 remake of the classic series, hosted by Forest Whitaker and featuring tales of suspense, fantasy, science fiction and horror during 24 hours of The Twilight Zone, creeping into your home airing Thursday, December 31 at 6:00AM ET/PT – Friday, January 1 at 6:00AM ET/PT. Then kick off the New Year with a trip to the Magic City during a 14 hour marathon of the '80s drama Miami Vice airing Friday, January 1 from 6:00AM ET/PT –8:00PM ET/PT featuring break out performances by powerhouse guest stars, including: Bruce Willis, Liam Neeson, Laurence Fishburne, Michael Bay, Steve Buscemi, Benicio Del Toro, Chris Rock, and Julia Roberts. Then finish the night off with three kick-ass, back-to-back airings of Roadhouse, to get your first Patrick Swayze fix of 2016 from 8:00PM ET/PT – 3:30AM ET/PT.
Actress Marjorie Lord, who was best known for her role as Kathy "Clancey" Williams in Make Room for Daddy (aka The Danny Thomas Show), has died. She died on November 28 at her home in Beverly Hills, California of natural causes. Ms. Lord was 97.
Lord's early television guest appearances included Public Prosecutor, Racket Squad, The Adventures of Kit Carson, China Smith, Ramar of the Jungle, Big Town, Hopalong Cassidy, Fireside Theatre (8 episodes), The Lone Wolf, The Ford Television Theatre, Cavalcade of America, The Lone Ranger, The Loretta Young Show and Wagon Train.
Jean Hagen, who played Danny Thomas' first wife Margaret Williams in Make Room for Daddy, was written out of the show as having died. In 1957, Lord appeared in four episodes as Kathy O'Hara, a young Irish nurse, who was hired to take care of an ill Rusty (Rusty Hamer). The characters were married off-screen. The series was re-titled The Danny Thomas Show at the start of the fourth season when it moved from ABC to CBS. She appeared in the show until it ended in 1964.
Lord appeared in two hour-long reunion specials on NBC: The Danny Thomas TV Family Reunion in 1965 and Make More Room for Daddy, which aired as an episode of The Danny Thomas Hour in November 1967. ABC aired Make Room for Granddaddy for a single season in 1970-1971.
Some of her other television guest appearances included The Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour (as Kathy Williams), The Joey Bishop Show (as Kathy Williams), Love, American Style, The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries, Fantasy Island, The Love Boat and Sweet Surrender. Her film credits included Sherlock Holmes in Washington, Chain Gang, Mexican Manhunt, Down Laredo Way, Boy, Did I Get a Wrong Number! and The Pirate.
Survivors include her daughter, actress Anne Archer, her son, Gregg Archer, grandson Tommy Davis, four other grandchildren and three great-grandchildren.
Ms. Lord was a wonderful actress. She always seemed very appreciative of her fans. She will be deeply missed.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, September 26
The Big Bang Theory - "The Military Miniaturization" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Colonel Williams (Dean Norris), an Air Force representative from the Department of Material Command sits down to talk with Wolowitz.
Kevin Can Wait - "Sleep Disorder" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Kevin rearranges the house to his liking after his buddies convince him that Donna makes all their decisions and has taken over the house for her own benefit. Also, Kendra enlists her Uncle Kyle (Gary Valentine) to help toughen up Chale.
Monday, September 26
- Zach Galifianakis (Baskets) - Watch Zach on on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Rob Lowe (The Grinder/Parks and Recreation) - Rob appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Code Black on CBS This Morning sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings. He will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Kal Penn (We Are Men/How I Met Your Mother) - Kal is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Norm Macdonald (Norm) - Norm stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Johnny Pemberton (Son of Zorn) - Johnny is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Margaret Cho (All-American Girl) - Margaret appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jaleel White (Family Matters/Grown Ups) - Jaleel is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Patton Oswalt (The Goldbergs/The King of Queens) - Patton visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Whoopi Goldberg (Whoopi/Bagdad Cafe) - Whoopi drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Kristin performs live on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am. She also talks about her new album on the AOL Build Show at 3pm.
- Sutton Foster (Younger) - Sutton talks about Younger on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- The Cast of Younger) - Sutton Foster, Debi Mazar, Hilary Duff, Nico Tortorella, Peter Hermann, Miriam Shor and Molly Bernard are guests on the AOL Build Show at 2:15pm.