Tuesday, December 15, 2015
Miami Vice New Year's Marathon on El Rey Network; Remembering Marjorie Lord from Make Room for Daddy
Countdown to New Year's Eve with El Rey Network and this 2002 remake of the classic series, hosted by Forest Whitaker and featuring tales of suspense, fantasy, science fiction and horror during 24 hours of The Twilight Zone, creeping into your home airing Thursday, December 31 at 6:00AM ET/PT – Friday, January 1 at 6:00AM ET/PT. Then kick off the New Year with a trip to the Magic City during a 14 hour marathon of the '80s drama Miami Vice airing Friday, January 1 from 6:00AM ET/PT –8:00PM ET/PT featuring break out performances by powerhouse guest stars, including: Bruce Willis, Liam Neeson, Laurence Fishburne, Michael Bay, Steve Buscemi, Benicio Del Toro, Chris Rock, and Julia Roberts. Then finish the night off with three kick-ass, back-to-back airings of Roadhouse, to get your first Patrick Swayze fix of 2016 from 8:00PM ET/PT – 3:30AM ET/PT.
Actress Marjorie Lord, who was best known for her role as Kathy "Clancey" Williams in Make Room for Daddy (aka The Danny Thomas Show), has died. She died on November 28 at her home in Beverly Hills, California of natural causes. Ms. Lord was 97.
Lord's early television guest appearances included Public Prosecutor, Racket Squad, The Adventures of Kit Carson, China Smith, Ramar of the Jungle, Big Town, Hopalong Cassidy, Fireside Theatre (8 episodes), The Lone Wolf, The Ford Television Theatre, Cavalcade of America, The Lone Ranger, The Loretta Young Show and Wagon Train.
Jean Hagen, who played Danny Thomas' first wife Margaret Williams in Make Room for Daddy, was written out of the show as having died. In 1957, Lord appeared in four episodes as Kathy O'Hara, a young Irish nurse, who was hired to take care of an ill Rusty (Rusty Hamer). The characters were married off-screen. The series was re-titled The Danny Thomas Show at the start of the fourth season when it moved from ABC to CBS. She appeared in the show until it ended in 1964.
Lord appeared in two hour-long reunion specials on NBC: The Danny Thomas TV Family Reunion in 1965 and Make More Room for Daddy, which aired as an episode of The Danny Thomas Hour in November 1967. ABC aired Make Room for Granddaddy for a single season in 1970-1971.
Some of her other television guest appearances included The Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour (as Kathy Williams), The Joey Bishop Show (as Kathy Williams), Love, American Style, The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries, Fantasy Island, The Love Boat and Sweet Surrender. Her film credits included Sherlock Holmes in Washington, Chain Gang, Mexican Manhunt, Down Laredo Way, Boy, Did I Get a Wrong Number! and The Pirate.
Survivors include her daughter, actress Anne Archer, her son, Gregg Archer, grandson Tommy Davis, four other grandchildren and three great-grandchildren.
Ms. Lord was a wonderful actress. She always seemed very appreciative of her fans. She will be deeply missed.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, December 5
Kevin Can Wait - "Kevin's Bringing Supper Back" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Kevin’s resolve to spend more quality time with his family is put to the ultimate test when his buddies surprise him with concert tickets to his favorite musician, fellow Long Islander Billy Joel. Multiple Grammy Award-winning pianist, singer and songwriter Billy Joel appears as himself.
Man with a Plan - "Holey War" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When the kids won’t admit who put a hole in the wall, Adam and Andi team up to get the culprit to confess.
2 Broke Girls - "And the About FaceTime" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Randy and Max get tired of Caroline being the third wheel on their FaceTime dates, Randy sets her up with one of his co-workers. Also, Oleg is distraught when Sophie tells him to trade in his beloved car for a minivan.
The Big Bang Theory - "The Celebration Experimentation" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After more than nine years together, the gang finally celebrates Sheldon’s birthday, surprising him with a special guest. Christine Baranski, John Ross Bowie, Sara Gilbert and Wil Wheaton return, joined by special guest star Adam West.
American Dad - "Bahama Mama" (TBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Stan gets upset at the idea of becoming a grandfather after Hayley and Jeff announced they're trying to have a baby; Steve and Klaus join a drug gang.
People of Earth - "Last Day on Earth" (TBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Gerry says goodbye to StarCrossed as he readies for his own long-awaited experience; Jonathan Walsh shares game changing information with Ozzie; Don and Kelly go on a date.
Monday, December 5
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Watch Will on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jason Bateman (Arrested Development/The Hogan Family/It's Your Move) - Jason visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Gael García Bernal (Mozart in the Jungle) - Gael is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Emmanuelle Chriqui (Entourage) - Emmanuelle drops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Steve Agee (The Sarah Silverman Program) - Steve appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- The Cast of Fuller House - The cast of Fuller House are guests on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Patricia stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Miss Piggy (The Muppets) - Miss Piggy and Harry perform Deck the Halls on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Meredith Hagner (Search Party/Men at Work) - Meredith is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Lauren Graham (The Odd Couple/Conrad Bloom/Townies) - Lauren appears on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. talks about Office Christmas Party on the AOL Build Show at 3pm. He will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. He can also be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 9:50am.
- Bradley Whitford (Happyish/Trophy Wife) - Bradley is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Josh McDermitt (Retired at 35) - Josh can be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 10:45am.
- Erinn Hayes (Kevin Can Wait/Guys with Kids/Worst Week) - Erinn talks about Kevin Can Wait on the AOL Build Show at 4pm.