Wednesday, December 23, 2015
Antenna TV has released its January 2016 schedule that begins on January 1. Of course as we mentioned, the biggest addition will be Johnny Carson airings, airing weekdays 11pm-12am (encore 2-3am) and weekends 10-11:30pm (encore 1:30am-3am). Antenna TV has announced that the weekday airings will be Carson episodes from the '80s and '90s, while the weekend airings will be from the '70s. The other new additions to the schedule are Mork & Mindy, Dear John, and Sabrina, the Teenage Witch. First up, Mork & Mindy will air weekdays from 5-6pm and Saturdays 6-7pm. Dear John will air late nights/early mornings weekdays from 4-5am and Sunday evenings from 7-8pm. The other new addition is a surprise, they will be airing Sabrina, the Teenage Witch Saturdays from 2-3pm. With these new shows, some shows will be on a break: Maude, Three Stooges and Too Close for Comfort.
The rest of the Antenna TV schedule will have the same favorites you have been watching, but as always, for the most part, in new time periods. Some new time slots include Small Wonder (Saturdays 1-2pm), Mr. Belvedere (Saturdays 3-4pm), The Ropers/Three's a Crowd (Saturdays 5-6pm & Sundays 4-5pm), while Three's Company remains weekdays from 3-4pm & 3-4am, but weekends now have it at Saturdays 9-10pm & Sundays 11:30pm-12:30am. View the full programming line-up so you don't miss any of your faves!
Amazon is loading up their original slate of content even more, picking up 10 episodes of drama Good Girls Revolt starring Genevieve Angelson, Anna Camp, Erin Darke, Chris Diamantopoulos, Hunter Parrish, Jim Belushi, Joy Bryant and Grace Gummer. Amazon also picked-up second seasons of dramas Man in the High Castle and Hand of God and comedy Red Oaks. But wait, Amazon has picked up three new comedy series, plus one more new drama, too. Dark comedy One Mississippi, starring comedian Tig Notaro, is a story loosely based on her life and follows her as she deals with the complex reentry into her childhood hometown of Bay Saint Lucille, Miss., to deal with the unexpected death of her mother. The cast includes Noah Harpster, John Rothman and Casey Wilson as Tig's girlfriend, Brooke. In Highston, the comedy follows 19-year-old Highston Liggetts, played by newcomer Lewis Pullman, who has a wide circle of celebrity friends -- that only he can see. His parents Jean (Mary Lynn Rajskub) and Wilbur (Chris Parnell) force him to get psychiatric help, but his Uncle Billy (Curtis Armstrong) thinks he's just fine. The pilot guest stars Shaquille O'Neal and Flea. In the comedy, Z: The Beginning of Everything, it is based on the life of Zelda Sayre Fitzgerald, the brilliant, beautiful and talented Southern Belle who becomes the original flapper and icon of the Jazz Age in the 20s. Christina Ricci stars as Zelda.
In the political thriller Patriot, the drama follows the complicated life of intelligence officer John Tavner, played by Australian newcomer Michael Dorman, whose latest assignment is to prevent Iran from going nuclear. Lost star Terry O'Quinn also stars with Michael Chernus, Kathleen Munroe, Aliette Opheim and Kurtwood Smith (That '70s Show).
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, September 30
Last Man Standing - "Gameday Forecast: Showers" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When a Jack and Jill wedding shower for Mandy and Kyle is announced, Mike is disappointed to learn it’s on the same day as the big Broncos-Chargers game. In an effort to catch the game with Joe (Jay Leno) and the guys, Mike convinces the couple to hold separate showers. Ryan offers to host the men’s festivities at his place, and to Mike’s dismay, he’s more into party planning than anyone would have thought. Meanwhile, Ed’s convinced that sticking to his superstitious rituals is the only way to see to it that the Broncos pull out a big win, even if it means interfering with Mandy’s wedding shower.
Dr. Ken - "Ken and Allison Share a Patient" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
On Allison’s first work day at Welltopia, she and Ken try to prove the other wrong when it comes to a patient’s diagnosis. After Damona introduces her new boyfriend, Eric, to co-workers, Pat surprises everyone and announces he’s also dating someone. Meanwhile, it’s Dave’s first day of middle school, and he’s nervous he won’t be able to make friends, so he turns to D.K. to help reinvent his image.
Liv and Maddie - "Linda & Heather-a-Rooney" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Liv thinks she landed a small role on a hit show called ``Linda and Heather'' but her part turns out to be much bigger; Joey experiences relationship woes.
Bunk'd - "Luke Out Below" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Luke comes back to camp and takes Griff and Zuri on an adventure to prove that he's just as responsible as the other CITs.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Three Times" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Leslie and Angela try to fix their seemingly broken friendship with Jennifer.
Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse - "The Flower Delivery" (OWN, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Keisha manages to intercept Richard's gift for his new love interest.
Friday, September 30
- Minnie Driver (Speechless/About a Boy) - Watch Minnie on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Nathan Lane (Modern Family/Encore! Encore!/Charlie Lawrence) - Nathan visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Abby Elliott (Odd Mom Out) - Abby appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Clark Gregg (The New Adventures of Old Christine) - Clark is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen appears on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Margo Martindale (The Millers) - Margo joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Ashley Williams (The Jim Gaffigan Show/How I Met Your Mother/Good Morning, Miami) - Ashley talks about her Hallmark Channel original movie Love on a Limb on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Queen Latifah (Living Single) - Queen Latifah stops by Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Tim Daly (Wings) - Tim talks about Madam Secretary on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Sara Rue (Impastor/Less Than Perfect) and Michael Rosenbaum (Impastor) - Sara and Michael talks about Season 2 of TV Land's Impastor on People Now at 8:30am.