Wednesday, December 23, 2015
Antenna TV has released its January 2016 schedule that begins on January 1. Of course as we mentioned, the biggest addition will be Johnny Carson airings, airing weekdays 11pm-12am (encore 2-3am) and weekends 10-11:30pm (encore 1:30am-3am). Antenna TV has announced that the weekday airings will be Carson episodes from the '80s and '90s, while the weekend airings will be from the '70s. The other new additions to the schedule are Mork & Mindy, Dear John, and Sabrina, the Teenage Witch. First up, Mork & Mindy will air weekdays from 5-6pm and Saturdays 6-7pm. Dear John will air late nights/early mornings weekdays from 4-5am and Sunday evenings from 7-8pm. The other new addition is a surprise, they will be airing Sabrina, the Teenage Witch Saturdays from 2-3pm. With these new shows, some shows will be on a break: Maude, Three Stooges and Too Close for Comfort.
The rest of the Antenna TV schedule will have the same favorites you have been watching, but as always, for the most part, in new time periods. Some new time slots include Small Wonder (Saturdays 1-2pm), Mr. Belvedere (Saturdays 3-4pm), The Ropers/Three's a Crowd (Saturdays 5-6pm & Sundays 4-5pm), while Three's Company remains weekdays from 3-4pm & 3-4am, but weekends now have it at Saturdays 9-10pm & Sundays 11:30pm-12:30am. View the full programming line-up so you don't miss any of your faves!
Amazon is loading up their original slate of content even more, picking up 10 episodes of drama Good Girls Revolt starring Genevieve Angelson, Anna Camp, Erin Darke, Chris Diamantopoulos, Hunter Parrish, Jim Belushi, Joy Bryant and Grace Gummer. Amazon also picked-up second seasons of dramas Man in the High Castle and Hand of God and comedy Red Oaks. But wait, Amazon has picked up three new comedy series, plus one more new drama, too. Dark comedy One Mississippi, starring comedian Tig Notaro, is a story loosely based on her life and follows her as she deals with the complex reentry into her childhood hometown of Bay Saint Lucille, Miss., to deal with the unexpected death of her mother. The cast includes Noah Harpster, John Rothman and Casey Wilson as Tig's girlfriend, Brooke. In Highston, the comedy follows 19-year-old Highston Liggetts, played by newcomer Lewis Pullman, who has a wide circle of celebrity friends -- that only he can see. His parents Jean (Mary Lynn Rajskub) and Wilbur (Chris Parnell) force him to get psychiatric help, but his Uncle Billy (Curtis Armstrong) thinks he's just fine. The pilot guest stars Shaquille O'Neal and Flea. In the comedy, Z: The Beginning of Everything, it is based on the life of Zelda Sayre Fitzgerald, the brilliant, beautiful and talented Southern Belle who becomes the original flapper and icon of the Jazz Age in the 20s. Christina Ricci stars as Zelda.
In the political thriller Patriot, the drama follows the complicated life of intelligence officer John Tavner, played by Australian newcomer Michael Dorman, whose latest assignment is to prevent Iran from going nuclear. Lost star Terry O'Quinn also stars with Michael Chernus, Kathleen Munroe, Aliette Opheim and Kurtwood Smith (That '70s Show).
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, January 19
The Big Bang Theory - "The Romance Calibration" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Penny feels that Leonard is taking her for granted, she decides to go on a spa weekend with Amy. Also, Wolowitz and Koothrappali try to fix a squeaky floorboard in the baby’s room.
The Great Indoors - "Mason Blows Up" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Jack tries to reassert his dominance as a reporter after Mason scores an investigative coup that turns him into an overnight celebrity. Also, Clark’s low self-esteem causes him to give Emma relationship advice about other guys instead of asking her out himself
Mom - "Good Karma and the Big Weird" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Bonnie encourages Christy to pursue Marjorie’s charming nephew, Nick, despite the fact that he’s been declared off limits. Chris Pratt, husband of MOM star Anna Faris, guest stars as Nick, Marjorie’s nephew.
Life in Pieces - "Tailgate Spiral Souvenir Seating" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Colleen and Matt host the family tailgate party at the L.A. Rams game, they invite former NFL quarterback Kurt Warner to spice up their so far dismal event. Also, Tim’s in danger of missing the game when Sophia makes him take her to the restroom and they get sidetracked returning to their seats; Joan and Jen try to sneak into seats closer to the field; and Greg wins a chance to participate in a halftime contest involving a football toss.
The Good Place - "Mindy St. Claire" / "Michael's Gambit" (NBC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
With the help of Chidi (William Jackson Harper) and Tahani (Jameela Jamil), Michael (Ted Danson) faces his biggest challenge yet. Meanwhile, Eleanor (Kristen Bell), Jianyu (Manny Jacinto) and Janet (D'Arcy Carden) are faced with a monumental decision.
Eleanor (Kristen Bell) and her friends contemplate their fates in the Good Place.
Baskets - "Freaks" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Chip has to decide between a tarp and snacks.
Friday, January 20
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Catch Anthony on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- JoAnna Garcia Swisher (Reba/Better with You) - JoAnna visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jim Gaffigan (The Jim Gaffigan Show/My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim stops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela drops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community) - Ken is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He also appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Nicole Byer (Loosely, Exactly Nicole) - Nicole appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Joe Jonas (Jonas L.A.) - Joe guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Bernadette Peters (Mozart in the Jungle/All's Fair) - Bernadette is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Queen Latifah (Living Single) - Queen Latifah is a guest on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Andrew Dice Clay (Bless This House/Hitz) - Andrew stops by Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Johnny Galecki (The Big Bang Theory/Roseanne - Johnny discusses his role in the new film, Rings, and dishes on this season of The Big Bang Theory on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.