Wednesday, December 23, 2015
Antenna TV has released its January 2016 schedule that begins on January 1. Of course as we mentioned, the biggest addition will be Johnny Carson airings, airing weekdays 11pm-12am (encore 2-3am) and weekends 10-11:30pm (encore 1:30am-3am). Antenna TV has announced that the weekday airings will be Carson episodes from the '80s and '90s, while the weekend airings will be from the '70s. The other new additions to the schedule are Mork & Mindy, Dear John, and Sabrina, the Teenage Witch. First up, Mork & Mindy will air weekdays from 5-6pm and Saturdays 6-7pm. Dear John will air late nights/early mornings weekdays from 4-5am and Sunday evenings from 7-8pm. The other new addition is a surprise, they will be airing Sabrina, the Teenage Witch Saturdays from 2-3pm. With these new shows, some shows will be on a break: Maude, Three Stooges and Too Close for Comfort.
The rest of the Antenna TV schedule will have the same favorites you have been watching, but as always, for the most part, in new time periods. Some new time slots include Small Wonder (Saturdays 1-2pm), Mr. Belvedere (Saturdays 3-4pm), The Ropers/Three's a Crowd (Saturdays 5-6pm & Sundays 4-5pm), while Three's Company remains weekdays from 3-4pm & 3-4am, but weekends now have it at Saturdays 9-10pm & Sundays 11:30pm-12:30am. View the full programming line-up so you don't miss any of your faves!
Amazon is loading up their original slate of content even more, picking up 10 episodes of drama Good Girls Revolt starring Genevieve Angelson, Anna Camp, Erin Darke, Chris Diamantopoulos, Hunter Parrish, Jim Belushi, Joy Bryant and Grace Gummer. Amazon also picked-up second seasons of dramas Man in the High Castle and Hand of God and comedy Red Oaks. But wait, Amazon has picked up three new comedy series, plus one more new drama, too. Dark comedy One Mississippi, starring comedian Tig Notaro, is a story loosely based on her life and follows her as she deals with the complex reentry into her childhood hometown of Bay Saint Lucille, Miss., to deal with the unexpected death of her mother. The cast includes Noah Harpster, John Rothman and Casey Wilson as Tig's girlfriend, Brooke. In Highston, the comedy follows 19-year-old Highston Liggetts, played by newcomer Lewis Pullman, who has a wide circle of celebrity friends -- that only he can see. His parents Jean (Mary Lynn Rajskub) and Wilbur (Chris Parnell) force him to get psychiatric help, but his Uncle Billy (Curtis Armstrong) thinks he's just fine. The pilot guest stars Shaquille O'Neal and Flea. In the comedy, Z: The Beginning of Everything, it is based on the life of Zelda Sayre Fitzgerald, the brilliant, beautiful and talented Southern Belle who becomes the original flapper and icon of the Jazz Age in the 20s. Christina Ricci stars as Zelda.
In the political thriller Patriot, the drama follows the complicated life of intelligence officer John Tavner, played by Australian newcomer Michael Dorman, whose latest assignment is to prevent Iran from going nuclear. Lost star Terry O'Quinn also stars with Michael Chernus, Kathleen Munroe, Aliette Opheim and Kurtwood Smith (That '70s Show).
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, April 30
Bob's Burgers - "Like Gene for Chocolate" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Gene learns that the formula for his favorite chocolate has changed, he works with the head of the company in an attempt to remedy the situation. Meanwhile, Bob gets wrapped up in one of Teddy’s less-than-perfect plans.
Bob's Burgers - "Thelma & Louise Except Thelma Is Linda" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
After Louise gets in trouble at school, Linda is forced to meet with Mr. Frond (guest voice David Herman) and potentially could lose her hard-earned position as the Wagstaff bake sale leader. When she finds out that her daughter was actually trying to help another student, Linda is torn between following school policy or her own moral code.
The Simpsons - "Looking for Mr. Goodbart" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Bart gets in trouble on Grandparents Day at school and is forced to hang out with Skinner’s mother as punishment. After spending time with various grandmas in the neighborhood, he learns the benefits of hanging out with the elderly, but eventually recognizes the dangers of taking advantage of them. Meanwhile, Peekimon Get has taken over the town of Springfield.
Making History - "Night Cream" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
With the ever-present threat of losing tenure looming over him, Chris reaches out to John Hancock and Samuel Adams to help spice things up in the classroom in 2017. Meanwhile, Deb's dream of re-opening Chadwick's ice cream parlor is finally coming to fruition, but Dan has a few marketing ideas of his own.
Family Guy - "The Peter Principal" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Peter becomes the temporary principal at the high school, and Meg uses his new power to get even with her bullies. Meanwhile, Brian and Stewie open a bed & breakfast that quickly turns into a brothel.
The Last Man on Earth - "The Big Day" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Tandy and Gail face off in a major disagreement, on which the whole group must weigh in, and Carol is forced to choose a side. Meanwhile, Melissa, Todd and Erica each have major milestone moments.
Sunday, April 30
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- America Ferrera (Superstore) - America drops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ike Barinholtz (The Mindy Project) - Ike appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Joel McHale (The Great Indoors/Community) - Joel is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jake Johnson (New Girl) - Jake visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Hank Azaria (Brockmire/The Simpsons/Free Agents) - Hank stops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Al Madrigal (About a Boy/Welcome to the Captain/Gary Unmarried) - Al appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ashton Kutcher (The Ranch/Two and a Half Men/That '70s Show) - Ashton appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison teams up with Mario Batali to make a cheesy, decadent Gnocchi Al Telefono and dishes about her new Broadway show on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Charlie Hunnam (Undeclared) - Charlie will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 11:15am.
- Nick Robinson (Melissa & Joey) - Nick talks about his new film Everything, Everything on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.
- Jodie Sweetin (Hollywood Darlings/Fuller House/Full House) - Jodie is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.