Wednesday, December 23, 2015
Antenna TV has released its January 2016 schedule that begins on January 1. Of course as we mentioned, the biggest addition will be Johnny Carson airings, airing weekdays 11pm-12am (encore 2-3am) and weekends 10-11:30pm (encore 1:30am-3am). Antenna TV has announced that the weekday airings will be Carson episodes from the '80s and '90s, while the weekend airings will be from the '70s. The other new additions to the schedule are Mork & Mindy, Dear John, and Sabrina, the Teenage Witch. First up, Mork & Mindy will air weekdays from 5-6pm and Saturdays 6-7pm. Dear John will air late nights/early mornings weekdays from 4-5am and Sunday evenings from 7-8pm. The other new addition is a surprise, they will be airing Sabrina, the Teenage Witch Saturdays from 2-3pm. With these new shows, some shows will be on a break: Maude, Three Stooges and Too Close for Comfort.
The rest of the Antenna TV schedule will have the same favorites you have been watching, but as always, for the most part, in new time periods. Some new time slots include Small Wonder (Saturdays 1-2pm), Mr. Belvedere (Saturdays 3-4pm), The Ropers/Three's a Crowd (Saturdays 5-6pm & Sundays 4-5pm), while Three's Company remains weekdays from 3-4pm & 3-4am, but weekends now have it at Saturdays 9-10pm & Sundays 11:30pm-12:30am. View the full programming line-up so you don't miss any of your faves!
Amazon is loading up their original slate of content even more, picking up 10 episodes of drama Good Girls Revolt starring Genevieve Angelson, Anna Camp, Erin Darke, Chris Diamantopoulos, Hunter Parrish, Jim Belushi, Joy Bryant and Grace Gummer. Amazon also picked-up second seasons of dramas Man in the High Castle and Hand of God and comedy Red Oaks. But wait, Amazon has picked up three new comedy series, plus one more new drama, too. Dark comedy One Mississippi, starring comedian Tig Notaro, is a story loosely based on her life and follows her as she deals with the complex reentry into her childhood hometown of Bay Saint Lucille, Miss., to deal with the unexpected death of her mother. The cast includes Noah Harpster, John Rothman and Casey Wilson as Tig's girlfriend, Brooke. In Highston, the comedy follows 19-year-old Highston Liggetts, played by newcomer Lewis Pullman, who has a wide circle of celebrity friends -- that only he can see. His parents Jean (Mary Lynn Rajskub) and Wilbur (Chris Parnell) force him to get psychiatric help, but his Uncle Billy (Curtis Armstrong) thinks he's just fine. The pilot guest stars Shaquille O'Neal and Flea. In the comedy, Z: The Beginning of Everything, it is based on the life of Zelda Sayre Fitzgerald, the brilliant, beautiful and talented Southern Belle who becomes the original flapper and icon of the Jazz Age in the 20s. Christina Ricci stars as Zelda.
In the political thriller Patriot, the drama follows the complicated life of intelligence officer John Tavner, played by Australian newcomer Michael Dorman, whose latest assignment is to prevent Iran from going nuclear. Lost star Terry O'Quinn also stars with Michael Chernus, Kathleen Munroe, Aliette Opheim and Kurtwood Smith (That '70s Show).
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, February 20
Kevin Can Wait - "Neighborhood Watch" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Donna’s cousin, Irene (Claire Coffee), comes to visit with her chatty husband, Stuart (Alexander Chaplin), Kevin concocts an elaborate plan to avoid spending time with them by forming a neighborhood watch group with his buddies, including his neighbor, Rootger (Bas Rutten).
Man with a Plan - "Kate's First Date" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Kate is asked out on her first date, Adam can’t curb his overprotective ways. Also, Don enlists Lowell’s help to buy the perfect anniversary gift for Marcy.
Superior Donuts - "Trust Me" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Arthur is reluctant to let Franco make the shop’s bank deposit, Franco accuses his boss of not trusting him. Also, James regrets confiding in Randy after she shares an embarrassing secret about him with other cops at the station.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Jessica Shmessica" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Bobby (Christopher Gorham) invites Caroline to a party to meet his family, she is eager to make a good impression but isn’t prepared for the torch that his mother and sisters still carry for Bobby’s ex-girlfriend. Also, Caroline’s nerves are even more frayed when the diner gang decides to tag along. Guest stars include Nora Dunn as Bobby’s mother, Teresa, and Kerri Kenney-Silver as his sister, Denise.
Monday, February 20
- Jason Jones (The Detour) - Watch Jason on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Norm Macdonald (The Norm Show/A Minute with Stan Hooper) - Norm is a guest on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Keke Palmer (Scream Queens/True Jackson, VP) - Keke appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Patricia chats on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - NeNe guest co-hosts The Real, so check your local listings.
- Mike Farrell, Loretta Swit and Jamie Farr (M*A*S*H) - Mike, Loretta and Jamie are guests on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Anne-Marie Johnson (What's Happening Now!!) - Anne-Marie discusses diversity at the Oscars on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation) - Adam joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Rosie Perez (Search Party) - Rosie is a guest on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York sometime between 7-10am.
- Regina Hall (Grandfathered) - Regina appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Louie Anderson (Baskets/The Louie Show/Life with Louie) - Louie is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.