Monday, November 23, 2015
Antenna TV, Tribune Broadcasting's digital multicast channel has expanded to clearances on 125 stations across the country (including the top 35 markets) bringing the network's reach to 88% of TV households. In new affiliate agreements, Antenna TV has partnered with Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Tegna Media, Red River Broadcast Company, Deerfield Media and Gocom Media to add 26 stations. New Antenna TV markets include: Pittsburgh – WPGH, Baltimore – WNUV, Nashville – WZTV, Columbus, OH – WSYX, Cincinnati – WSTR, Greenville-Spartanburg – WLOS, West Palm Beach – WTCN, Birmingham – WTTO, Jacksonville – WTLV, Little Rock – KTHV, Tulsa – KTUL, Dayton – WKEF, Charleston-Huntington – WCHS, Green Bay – WLUK, Flint – WSMH, Rochester, NY – WUHF, Toledo, OH – WMNT, Columbia, SC – WLTX, Portland-Auburn – WCSH, Champaign – WRSP, Waco-KCEN, Savannah – WTGS, Sioux Falls – KDLT, Fargo – KVRR and Duluth – KQDS.
In January 2016, Antenna TV brings Johnny Carson back to late night with a 60-minute classic Carson episode airing at 11pm ET/8pm PT, with a rebroadcast at 2am ET/11pm PT each weeknight. On weekends, Antenna TV will run 90-minute episodes at 10pm ET/7pm PT, with a rebroadcast at 1:30 am ET/10:30 pm PT. This is the first time the Carson episodes will air in a strip since he went off the air in 1992. Johnny will join Antenna TV on the network's 5th anniversary. Antenna TV's lineup includes classic favorites such as: I Dream of Jeannie, Bewitched, Dennis the Menace, Newhart, Family Ties, One Day at a Time, Three's Company, The Ropers, All in the Family, The Jeffersons, Maude, Good Times, Family Ties, Doogie Howser MD, Leave it to Beaver, Sanford and Son, The Flying Nun, Green Acres, The Partridge Family, Evening Shade, Father Knows Best, Mister Ed, Jack Benny and Alfred Hitchcock Presents. Stay tuned for that January 2016 schedule for Antenna TV, but for now view all you need to know about the holiday marathons. And look at the full schedule, too.
Disney XD has ordered a second season of its popular live-action comedy series Gamer's Guide to Pretty Much Everything, starring Cameron Boyce as a teenage pro-gaming phenomenon whose thumb injury forces him off the elite gaming circuit and back to public school. Production on the series will resume in Los Angeles, California, in the spring for a premiere in 2016. The premiere of sitcom Gamer's Guide to Pretty Much Everything (7/22/15) was Disney XD's #1 series debut in the network's over 15-year history (includes Toon Disney) among Boys 6-11, and launch to date, is the network's #2 live-action original series of all time across target Boy 2-11 and 6-11 demographics. Gamer's Guide to Pretty Much Everything was created by Devin Bunje and Nick Stanton (Zeke & Luther, Turbo Fast), who also serve as executive producers. Executive Producer Jim O'Doherty (Grounded for Life, 3rd Rock from the Sun, Kickin' It) also serves as showrunner of the series. Starring alongside Boyce as Conor's friends are Murray Wyatt Rundus as Wendell, Felix Avitia as Franklin and Sophie Reynolds as Ashley.
In season one, airing Wednesday nights on Disney XD, gaming phenom Conor teams up with three unlikely friends to form their high school's first-ever gaming league, and together they encounter everyday challenges in their quest to level up. Popular video game influencers such as Stampy Cat, Markiplier and CaptainSparklez have also made cameos on the show. In season two, the team sets its sights on a global championship, and the foursome will face new challenges and new rivals along the way.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, March 24
Last Man Standing - "Bad Heir Day" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Mike and Vanessa think it’s time for newlyweds Mandy and Kyle to move out, but when Chuck relays some unexpected news about Kyle’s absentee mom, Mike has second thoughts. Meanwhile, Eve tells Ryan that Boyd is making up stories about his Dad’s real job, because he’s embarrassed about being home-schooled.
Dr. Ken - "Clark's Big Surprise" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Ken accidentally finds out that Clark and Connor are planning their surprise wedding, he has to find a way to get everyone to come. But Damona finds out and to get Allison there, she tells her that Ken is going to surprise her by renewing their wedding vows. Guest performances from the Grammy Award-winning band, Train, featuring lead singer Pat Monahan and guitarist Jerry Becker.
Friday, March 24
- Sofia Black-D'Elia (The Mick) - Watch Sofia on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Tracy Morgan (30 Rock/The Tracy Morgan Show) - Tracy is on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Malin Akerman (Trophy Wife/Sin City Saints) - Malin appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Zach Galifianakis (Baskets) - Zach is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Laura Dern (Enlightened) - Laura appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jermaine Fowler (Superior Donuts) - Jermaine is a guest on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Michael Keaton (Working Stiffs/All's Fair) - Michael visits LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben are guests on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Martha Plimpton (The Real O'Neals/Raising Hope) - Martha appears on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Anthony chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Carl Reiner (The Dick Van Dyke Show) and Rob Reiner (All in the Family) - Carl and Rob are guests on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. She also joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) and Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) - Jane and Lily talk about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brooklyn talks about Malibu Country on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Rhea Perlman (Cheers/Kirstie) - Rhea talks about Me and My Grandma on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Emma Roberts (Scream Queens/Unfabulous) - Emma talks about The Blackcoat's Daughter on People Now at 8:30am.
- Josh Henderson (One on One) - Josh is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.