Monday, November 23, 2015
Antenna TV, Tribune Broadcasting's digital multicast channel has expanded to clearances on 125 stations across the country (including the top 35 markets) bringing the network's reach to 88% of TV households. In new affiliate agreements, Antenna TV has partnered with Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Tegna Media, Red River Broadcast Company, Deerfield Media and Gocom Media to add 26 stations. New Antenna TV markets include: Pittsburgh – WPGH, Baltimore – WNUV, Nashville – WZTV, Columbus, OH – WSYX, Cincinnati – WSTR, Greenville-Spartanburg – WLOS, West Palm Beach – WTCN, Birmingham – WTTO, Jacksonville – WTLV, Little Rock – KTHV, Tulsa – KTUL, Dayton – WKEF, Charleston-Huntington – WCHS, Green Bay – WLUK, Flint – WSMH, Rochester, NY – WUHF, Toledo, OH – WMNT, Columbia, SC – WLTX, Portland-Auburn – WCSH, Champaign – WRSP, Waco-KCEN, Savannah – WTGS, Sioux Falls – KDLT, Fargo – KVRR and Duluth – KQDS.
In January 2016, Antenna TV brings Johnny Carson back to late night with a 60-minute classic Carson episode airing at 11pm ET/8pm PT, with a rebroadcast at 2am ET/11pm PT each weeknight. On weekends, Antenna TV will run 90-minute episodes at 10pm ET/7pm PT, with a rebroadcast at 1:30 am ET/10:30 pm PT. This is the first time the Carson episodes will air in a strip since he went off the air in 1992. Johnny will join Antenna TV on the network's 5th anniversary. Antenna TV's lineup includes classic favorites such as: I Dream of Jeannie, Bewitched, Dennis the Menace, Newhart, Family Ties, One Day at a Time, Three's Company, The Ropers, All in the Family, The Jeffersons, Maude, Good Times, Family Ties, Doogie Howser MD, Leave it to Beaver, Sanford and Son, The Flying Nun, Green Acres, The Partridge Family, Evening Shade, Father Knows Best, Mister Ed, Jack Benny and Alfred Hitchcock Presents. Stay tuned for that January 2016 schedule for Antenna TV, but for now view all you need to know about the holiday marathons. And look at the full schedule, too.
Disney XD has ordered a second season of its popular live-action comedy series Gamer's Guide to Pretty Much Everything, starring Cameron Boyce as a teenage pro-gaming phenomenon whose thumb injury forces him off the elite gaming circuit and back to public school. Production on the series will resume in Los Angeles, California, in the spring for a premiere in 2016. The premiere of sitcom Gamer's Guide to Pretty Much Everything (7/22/15) was Disney XD's #1 series debut in the network's over 15-year history (includes Toon Disney) among Boys 6-11, and launch to date, is the network's #2 live-action original series of all time across target Boy 2-11 and 6-11 demographics. Gamer's Guide to Pretty Much Everything was created by Devin Bunje and Nick Stanton (Zeke & Luther, Turbo Fast), who also serve as executive producers. Executive Producer Jim O'Doherty (Grounded for Life, 3rd Rock from the Sun, Kickin' It) also serves as showrunner of the series. Starring alongside Boyce as Conor's friends are Murray Wyatt Rundus as Wendell, Felix Avitia as Franklin and Sophie Reynolds as Ashley.
In season one, airing Wednesday nights on Disney XD, gaming phenom Conor teams up with three unlikely friends to form their high school's first-ever gaming league, and together they encounter everyday challenges in their quest to level up. Popular video game influencers such as Stampy Cat, Markiplier and CaptainSparklez have also made cameos on the show. In season two, the team sets its sights on a global championship, and the foursome will face new challenges and new rivals along the way.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, January 21
The Thundermans - "Better Off Wed" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
The kids learn that Dr. Colosso ruined their parents' wedding years earlier, and want to recreate Hank & Barb's dream day as their anniversary gift. However, Dr. Colosso remains a threat, and they must keep their plans a secret.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "Keeping Up with the Quadashians" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After binge watching their favorite reality TV show, the Quads decide their lives are every bit as "reality TV" worthy, and decide to make a show of their own. Guest Stars: Maddie Ziegler, Mackenzie Ziegler
School of Rock - "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Tomika and Zack work on a love song together, leading to a moment that will change their friendship forever. Summer and Lawrence hang out together for the first time, and Freddy helps Mr. Finn with a problem.
Saturday, January 21
- Phylicia Rashad (The Cosby Show/Cosby) - Phylicia will be featured on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Watch Allison on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- William Shatner ($h*! My Dad Says) and Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Arrested Development/Out of Practice) - William and Henry are guests on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jade Catta-Preta (Manhattan Love Story) - Jade is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Wendi McClendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Justina Machado (One Day at a Time) - Justina will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry and Rebecca Romjin talk about Love Locks on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. Jerry will also be on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT and on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Retta (Parks and Recreation) - Retta talks about Girlfriend's Guide to Divorce on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.